PDA

View Full Version : Trade idea: Camby to Charlotte for Felton, Nazr

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 03:37 PM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/855677/nba_trade_rumor.html?cat=14

Charlotte sends Raymond Felton and Nazr Mohammed to Denver for Marcus Camby

Deal for Denver: Camby wants out and Denver needs a point guard. Felton is the perfect point guard for the type of offense they run. The Nuggets only kept their 20th pick in the draft to take Ty Lawson and when he went back to school, they traded the pick. Felton is a lot like Lawson. He's fast, he's got good court vision, and he's unselfish and that's the point guard they need. Taking on Mohammed's contract hurt but, while he's not worth 5.6 million a year, he'll give them another body inside to cope with the loss of Camby. They wouldn't have a shot blocker like Camby, but a frontcourt with guys like Kenyon Martin, Nene, and Mohammed is still pretty good, especially with the offense they'll have with Felton, Iverson, and Carmelo.

Deal for Charlotte: Felton is now on the trading block ever since Charlotte used their 9th pick on DJ Augustin. They need another shot blocker and rebounder to take the pressure off of Emeka Okafor down low and Camby could do that. Getting rid of Mohammed's contract in the process is just an added bonus.

I read in a magazine that Camby secretly kind of wanted out of Denver because he does all of the defensive work. (RECENT SLAM MAGAZINE)

This might go down.

I want this to go down because Nazr Mohammed is a good player and plays defense very well. We can get Raymond Felton AND Nazr? That's a damn good deal.

Only thing is, Raymond is another small guard and doesn't help AI at all on the defensive end.

DJiC
07-02-2008, 03:47 PM
wait did this already happen? im all for it maybe we can then package ai/nazr to the kings to get artest/thomas/freddyG/or somehting along those lines but artest for sure i wouldnt mind miller either

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 03:52 PM
No it's just a rumor.

You know how rumors are.

They can be true, but 8 times out of 10 they are fake.

But no doubt that this has come to Denver's FO.

BTW: Allen Iverson will never go to the Kings. Why would he? That team has no potential in getting anywhere. Think logically. He's in pursuit of a ring. Oh, and he's staying.

Afridi786
07-02-2008, 04:08 PM
y wudnt they just trade Felton for David Lee.

Broncs4Life
07-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Do it. Felton is a good PG and would be a talented piece to add to the core of JR, Melo, Nene (if he is healthy).

roygconner
07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
No it's just a rumor.

You know how rumors are.

They can be true, but 8 times out of 10 they are fake.

But no doubt that this has come to Denver's FO.

BTW: Allen Iverson will never go to the Kings. Why would he? That team has no potential in getting anywhere. Think logically. He's in pursuit of a ring. Oh, and he's staying.

AI has no choice in what team he gets traded to. If Denver does want to make a trade with AI included they should do what is best for them and not what is best for AI. I do not think Denver is trading AI though.

BRAVE KID
07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm in.

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
AI has no choice in what team he gets traded to. If Denver does want to make a trade with AI included they should do what is best for them and not what is best for AI. I do not think Denver is trading AI though.

I know that.

But let's be real.

Denver wouldn't screw him over like that.

Not only the players, coach, and faculty still want him, but I'm pretty sure the Front Office notices this as well. They aren't letting go of someone who's behind Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain. 2nd highest playoff scorer in the GAME, only being behind Mike.

ivyleague1
07-02-2008, 06:24 PM

Yes he does. Go and read his contract, he can veto trades. If he did not want to come to Denver he could have vetoed the trade.

kenny922
07-02-2008, 06:33 PM

sorry hes not going to get traded with that no trade claus buddy

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 06:34 PM
:clap:

Deal with it.

He's on the team for another year. Booooo hoooooooooooo.

roygconner
07-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Yes he does. Go and read his contract, he can veto trades. If he did not want to come to Denver he could have vetoed the trade.

How about you look into things before you post things. The only player in the NBA with a no trade clause written into his contract is Kobe. I do not want Denver to get rid of AI, I am just saying that if they want to they can trade him to whoever they want and he has no say in it. When Philly was trading him he put it out in the public eye that he did not want to play in Charlotte or N. Cali he did not actually stop any trade as he couldn't. He also can not stop one now and a team would be more willing to take him even if he didn't want to be there as he is in the last year of his contract and will give them cap space for next years free agency period.

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 06:57 PM
How about you look into things before you post things. The only player in the NBA with a no trade clause written into his contract is Kobe.

That's terribly incorrect.

Devean George has a no trade clause. That's why he's still with the Mavericks. Maybe you should read up :rolleyes:

roygconner
07-02-2008, 07:03 PM
That's terribly incorrect.

Devean George has a no trade clause. That's why he's still with the Mavericks. Maybe you should read up :rolleyes:

Here is what ESPN has to say about the situation on the no-trade claus

Although Kobe Bryant is the only player in the league with a specific no-trade clause in his contract, league rules dictate that players on a one-year contract -- but who also ended last season with the same team and are thus eligible for Early Bird or full Larry Bird free-agent rights at the end of the contract -- cannot be traded without their consent. George, who earns $2.4 million this season, is one of 18 such players in the league at present, afforded the right to either approve or veto trades because those Bird rights are lost if they do get traded.

So quit putting incorrect stuff out there...:mad:

Crunchy12489
07-03-2008, 12:58 AM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/13/devean-george-blocks-jason-kidd-trade/

Not so incorrect there guy. Tsk tsk tsk.

DenButsu
07-03-2008, 01:08 AM
I don't think this is a rumor, I think it's just some random dude's trade idea:

Associated Content is an Open Content Network.
Anyone can submit content on any subject in any format.

I'm going to change the thread title to reflect that.

Crunchy12489
07-03-2008, 01:19 AM
So it turns out it was just an "idea"?

Awwww that's lame.

I'm a bad thread starter :(

DenButsu
07-03-2008, 02:16 AM
I'm a bad thread starter :(

No that's not true, it's just a really deceptive website. In fact, I'd already seen that "article" myself, and was tricked for a while until I thought it looked fishy and dug a little deeper.

The fact that they named themselves "Associated ______" makes them look semi-legitimate because the first impression is somewhat similar to the Associated Press.

Also, the dude who posted it did his best to try to create the impression that it was in fact an actual legitimate trade rumor that was circulating and not just his own idea.

And finally, you probably found that story the same way I did, by doing a news search someplace for "denver nuggets". It's hard to know, on the surface, that it's a BS source when it buried in the context of legitimate news sources like this:

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/4646/associatedcontenttf9.png
(I'm not supposed to post images like this, but this is for the purpose of illustrating faulty news, so I think it slides)

So really, unless you really peel away the layers, how are you supposed to know it's not on the level? It's the "bad side" of the internet - where false information is easily passed for the truth.

Sites to be careful of:

-hoopsworld - they pass off a lot of thier own personal speculation as legitimate (ie. coming from legit sources) rumors, especially in their headlines, when in fact it's just a guess as good as yours or mine.

-bleacher report - any google news search for any NBA team will turn up bleacher report hits. These are just guys like you and me writing about their own thoughts. The entire site is basically an overglorified "trade ideas" thread, and any of the posts there might as well have been made by any of the posters here.

-associated content - described above

***BOTTOM LINE is that the leading local newspapers (for example, in Denver, the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News) along with the leading national sports networks (ESPN, etc.) are the most reliable sources for legitimate news content. If you see something reported in a site you don't know or looks dubious in any way, and that report can't be verified by any of the more reputed news agencies that should have that story covered, then you should be suspicious as to whether it's really true, and don't accept it as true until you get confirmation from a more legit site.

ugafan
07-03-2008, 02:36 AM
If the Nugs pull of this deal and get a veteran center, they could have a top 6 team in the West,

Crunchy12489
07-03-2008, 03:02 AM
If the Nugs pull of this deal and get a veteran center, they could have a top 6 team in the West,

Dude the squad we had this season was a top 4 seed.

We just really underachieved.

If we do perhaps get a big man in the middle to bang, and Carlos Arroyo at the point for Chucky Atkins/Anthony Carter, you can consider ourselves a true top 4 seed again. I don't see how we could underachieve when all the ingredients are there!

DJiC
07-03-2008, 03:50 AM
we just flat out handed some games to the opposing team plain and simple our defense is garbage and with out defense we won't even make top 5

Crunchy12489
07-03-2008, 04:48 AM
we just flat out handed some games to the opposing team plain and simple our defense is garbage and with out defense we won't even make top 5

That's true. :nod:

Crunchy12489
07-03-2008, 04:48 AM

:nod: