PDA

View Full Version : Golden State point guard Ellis has interest in Knicks?

deuce deuce
07-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Another option at point guard could be emerging for the New York Knicks, although it is surely a long shot. Monta Ellis, the Golden State Warriors' gifted young guard, is also a free agent and is believed to have an interest in the Knicks. But there are several obstacles.

The Knicks are over the salary cap and would have to acquire Ellis who could command about $10 million a year in a sign-and-trade deal. Also, committing to a contract of that size would conflict with the Knicks' stated goal of saving cap space for 2010. Finally, Ellis is a favorite of Warriors General Manager Chris Mullin, who is determined to keep him particularly in light of the Warriors losing Baron Davis. Ellis's agent, Jeff Fried, declined to discuss his client's intentions.

"We're in the midst of some meaningful discussions, and Monta is extremely interested in being part of a team that has the growth potential and solid foundation that is consistent with his own game and character," Fried said Tuesday.

Source: New York Times

Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Golden-State-point-guard-Ellis-has-interest-in-K;_ylt=AquTyfHwe5I9V__gPMdsWzU5nYcB?urn=nba,91628)

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
OMG! KNicks fans get a life. Im so sick of knicks fan thinking everyplayer wants to play for them or think that people actually wnat thier garbge players. Look at that article, or lack of. Not one time in it is there any reason to think ellis is going to the knicks other than the fatc that the knicks would like to have him. we will math anythign he is offered. Seriouly knicks fans for some reason think they can get any player that every player is alwasy rumored to be going there.
Bob akron: What do you think of the Cavs and Heat being interested in acquiring Monte Ellis from the Warriors.

Chad Ford: I'm not sure why Cavs fans keep sending this. They have a zero shot of getting Ellis. He's a restricted free agent. The Warriors point guard just signed with the Clippers. They will match any offer.

HE ISNT GOING ANYWEHRE. you did not need to post a new thread for this. this is not information.

lincecum=future
07-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Exactly. The Warriors will match any offer.

Why would Monta want to go to the Knicks anyway? There full of over-rated players and IMO doesn't have a "solid foundation" like the article says.

JLantern
07-02-2008, 03:47 PM
"We're in the midst of some meaningful discussions, and Monta is extremely interested in being part of a team that has the growth potential and solid foundation that is consistent with his own game and character," Fried said Tuesday.

the knicks have none of this.

Thatruth32
07-02-2008, 04:09 PM
monta is small town kid i dont see him running for NY

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
becuas hes not. why do poeple even tyr to give this legs. and its has nothign do with were he is form. it has to wdo witht aht no team can sign him becuase will mathc any offer. its not probaly going to happen, it snot, i dont see it, its absolutly freakin never hapening. ANy monta ellis rumors should be deleted imeaditly. he isnt moving.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 04:25 PM
OMG! KNicks fans get a life. Im so sick of knicks fan thinking everyplayer wants to play for them or think that people actually wnat thier garbge players. Look at that article, or lack of. Not one time in it is there any reason to think ellis is going to the knicks other than the fatc that the knicks would like to have him. we will math anythign he is offered. Seriouly knicks fans for some reason think they can get any player that every player is alwasy rumored to be going there.
Bob akron: What do you think of the Cavs and Heat being interested in acquiring Monte Ellis from the Warriors.

Chad Ford: I'm not sure why Cavs fans keep sending this. They have a zero shot of getting Ellis. He's a restricted free agent. The Warriors point guard just signed with the Clippers. They will match any offer.

HE ISNT GOING ANYWEHRE. you did not need to post a new thread for this. this is not information.

I couldn't agree with you more. Knicks fans are the most clueless fans in the league.