PDA

View Full Version : Trade Landry for a third star

HouRealCoach
07-02-2008, 03:15 PM
We dont really need him now that we have RLWAB(Joey Dorsey)....Maybe Artest, Richard Jefferson, or Vince Carter

Jay22Redd
07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Idk about that. I really like Landry. We have to see how Dorsey is going to play out first

BlondeBomber41
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Are you nuts? He is not worth any of those players.

HouRealCoach
07-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Are you nuts? He is not worth any of those players.

NOt straight up you add other players and/or draft picks too DUH!!!!!!!!!!

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 04:36 PM
I dunno how we'd package it, because I don't think you can combine players in a sign and trade deal. Maybe we could sign and trade him for a decent bench player with a similar contract that Landry is looking for, but no way do we get a star play for him...

stevefrancis
07-02-2008, 04:50 PM
you guys are the IQ of a 2 year old. what would vince carter do in houston. he and tmac couldnt play together in toronto. why would the bucks trade jefferson he's mad that he left new jersey after being there 7 years. once they start winning he'll be happy. and quit with the artest rumors you've been sayin them since last feb.

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 05:13 PM
you guys are the IQ of a 2 year old. what would vince carter do in houston. he and tmac couldnt play together in toronto. why would the bucks trade jefferson he's mad that he left new jersey after being there 7 years. once they start winning he'll be happy. and quit with the artest rumors you've been sayin them since last feb.

Well.... while I don't think Carter or Jefferson are realistic options, I'm still holding out hope for an Artest trade. I don't think it could include Landry, though.

Skilled
07-02-2008, 05:26 PM
yeah maybe a battier brooks head deal would work but i agree i dont think the landry for artest deal would work landry likes it in houston

pippsux
07-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Landry is a role player. He is an undersized pf that suprised everybody with his explosive dunks and energy. We already have Hayes (undersized) Scola and now the rook. Sign him and trade for a point guard or shooter.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-02-2008, 07:45 PM
you can't trade medicore players for stars you have to give something back in return like mcgrady or yao.

TMAC94
07-02-2008, 09:30 PM
the only trade we can get is artest, i think they wanted brooks last season, just offer him, battier, head and the our 2nd rounder for next season and we have mr ron artest :) its plain and simple

bball1217
07-02-2008, 09:57 PM
the only trade we can get is artest, i think they wanted brooks last season, just offer him, battier, head and the our 2nd rounder for next season and we have mr ron artest :) its plain and simple
yes...that trade works for both sides... we get artest, they get young talent in brooks and a second rounder and also a good defender in battier to replace artest

Renovator
07-03-2008, 07:46 AM
It all depends on his knee. If its all good than we can keep him. If not, then why not do a sigh and trade. Landry and Head might have some value together.

mightybosstone
07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
With the Rockets seeking additional medical tests before extending a contract offer to restricted free agent Carl Landry, Landry's agent shot back that the request was designed to frighten off other suitors and said the tactic has backfired. Agent Buddy Baker said Tuesday that Landry has no health issues, and that Dr. James Andrews declared Landry's right knee to be sound. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said Monday the team would need more detailed information than available with imaging tests before it could make an offer to Landry, though it still expected to keep Landry. Houston Chronicle

Baker, however, said Landry is generating interest around the league. The Rockets can match any offer Landry receives, as long as it fits within their salary-cap limitations or exceptions. If he receives and accepts an offer, the Rockets would have to choose whether to match it without the further examination, unless Landry reverses his position and undergoes more testing. "Obviously, I view it as a move on (Morey's) part to undercut his value and dissuade the interest he has garnered,'' Baker said. "The reverse has happened. Teams have taken the position that he will not match offers. That has opened the floodgates. They are operating as if (Landry) was an unrestricted free agent.'' Houston Chroniclehoopshype.com