PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have: Gay, Granger or Roy?

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Here are three budding young Stars, who would you rather have and why? Last seasons stats attached.

Granger 19.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2 apg, 1.2 spg, 1.1 bpg, FG% 44.6, FT% 85

Gay 20.2 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2 apg, 1.4 spg, 1.1 bpg, FG% 46, FT% 78.5

Roy 19 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 5.8 apg, 1 spg, FG% 45.4, FT% 75.3

Padres Son
07-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Roy is probably the best of the three. But I'd take Gay because he's exciting to watch.

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Lets keep the voting up, we are all tied.

DreamShaker
07-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Roy is a winner. He's the best basketball player out of the 3....Gay has the most upside....but he really hasn't done jack crap since entering the NBA except lose badly....

sanfranfan1210
07-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I would take Roy

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Roy rather easily.

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Roy.

Roy is younger of all 3, and he is a multi-dimensional player. He can bring in rebounding, passing, shots, dunks, blocks (for his height), and he can steal too.

Clearly possesses more talent than all three. Not a significant amount of more talent, but he's more valuable to his team.

AgentViet
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Right now, Roy. He's a better leader and helps everyone else on the team become better. In the future, I'd probably go with Gay seeing his potential is still very high.

Phann
07-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I gotta go with Gay. He is just an all around star. I can see him becoming better and better each year.

lakers4sho
07-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Roy. Easily.

indy05colts
07-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Granger all the way.

SwaggaIke
07-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Roy has better talent than Granger, but he's not even close to having more talent than Rudy. He's older and and came into the game more NBA ready than Gay. Gay has more upside and will eventually be the better player. My vote is Gay.

Mile High Champ
07-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Roy has better talent than Granger, but he's not even close to having more talent than Rudy. He's older and and came into the game more NBA ready than Gay. Gay has more upside and will eventually be the better player. My vote is Gay.

why is roy so much better than granger, I just dont see it at all. Granger is my pick.

LakerzDQ
07-04-2008, 09:38 AM
why is roy so much better than granger, I just dont see it at all. Granger is my pick.

because you're a pacers fan. aside from Pacer fans, we don't watch Granger all that often.

you can't go wrong with any of them. Roy's leadership pulls him ahead by a bit though.

SwaggaIke
07-04-2008, 09:39 AM

He is definitely not so much better than Granger. He has more talent than Granger, but he doesn't even come close to having more talent than Rudy. Rudy is more talented than both of them and will be the better pro. He also went to a true basketball school that teaches players how to play the right why, which helped his talent. All Rudy had to do was get his head on straight. He did. He will be/is the man out of that draft.

JAZZNC
07-04-2008, 05:31 PM
I'd rather have Roy. He's a winner and that's something you can't teach. He's the leader of his team. Gay is just a stat stuffer on a complete crap team so big deal. He's just a younger version of Zach Randolph. I really like Granger but I just don't think he can be the main guy but he's a very, very good player.

_Sn1P3r_
07-04-2008, 07:41 PM
I would rather have Roy.

LakerzDQ
07-04-2008, 11:33 PM
I'd rather have Roy. He's a winner and that's something you can't teach. He's the leader of his team. Gay is just a stat stuffer on a complete crap team so big deal. He's just a younger version of Zach Randolph. I really like Granger but I just don't think he can be the main guy but he's a very, very good player.

well, he has more losses than wins.

and it doesn't matter anyways, because you can't label a player a "winner" or a "loser". a season ago, KG, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen were losers. This season, they're gods. It's pathetic.

Neither Gay nor Granger have any off-the court or lockerroom problems, so I don't see why they can't be winners.

Roy is a better leader, but you just can't dub the other players "non-winners".

DirtyThirty
07-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Just put Granger in second with my vote

DQL
07-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Right now it's Roy but Gay has more potential. Gay could be an all-star for the next 10 years

blackjack_119
07-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Right now it's Roy but Gay has more potential. Gay could be an all-star for the next 10 years

That is a bit bold... there is only one SF in the league that I would suggest could be an all-star for the next ten years, and that is LeBron James.

I don't want to get too involved in this since I am obviously biased... but it is hard to argue against the player entering his third season who has already been a R.O.Y. (one vote shy of unanimous) and an All-Star.

Mile High Champ
07-14-2008, 09:07 AM
That is a bit bold... there is only one SF in the league that I would suggest could be an all-star for the next ten years, and that is LeBron James.

I don't want to get too involved in this since I am obviously biased... but it is hard to argue against the player entering his third season who has already been a R.O.Y. (one vote shy of unanimous) and an All-Star.

No reason why Gay cant be an allstar over the next 5 years for example. I dont see much room for roy to grow into a player. I dont see him getting much better.

SwaggaIke
07-14-2008, 11:31 AM
^Exactly. That's what people aren't getting about Roy. He's a four year player. He came into the league NBA ready and head over heels more ready than any player in his class. Rudy came into the league after his sophomore year and everybody knows he hasn't even come close to reaching his potential. He averaged 20 a game, the highest for any second year player last year. He still has a lot of room to grow. He's athletic, he has a smooth stroke and all the physical tools to be a great defender.

TmacYao2
07-14-2008, 11:41 AM
1. Roy
2. Granger
3. Homo

LakerzDQ
07-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Roy was a developed player when he came into the NBA. Rudy Gay had a lot more room for improvement. He was a player full of potential.
Roy is young, but he's not gonna improve that much over the next few years. (which is not bad, because he's pretty damn good already.)

ZHawk1123
07-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Roy is the better all around basketball player out of the three... Gay has the most room for improvement...

I think it's pretty close between the two...

1. Roy
2. Gay

3. Granger

m26555
07-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Gay, and it's not even really that close, in my opinion. I cannot believe Roy is winning this poll by that large of a margin.

daleja424
07-19-2008, 07:34 PM
The ROY!

#1Mavericksfan
07-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Brandon Roy all day

kozelkid
07-20-2008, 09:53 PM

well said, couldnt agree more.
granger shouldnt even be in this discussion. He is imo pretty much a one dimensional who looks better playing on a ****** team without other options and playing in a fast pace team. Now you can argue the same case with gay, but he did play with more options even if his team did suck AND he is only getting better with his sky high potential and he did play in the west

kozelkid
07-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Gay, and it's not even really that close, in my opinion. I cannot believe Roy is winning this poll by that large of a margin.

because idiots look at it as the fact that he was an "allstar", that's the title that makes him better for some reason :rolleyes:.
He's a good player without a doubt, but I could name a few players that should have been picked before him. He had a good stretch with the blazers in that 13 game streak, but players like josh howard and gay deserved to be allstar over him that year and I think alot of people will be suprised when they realize that roy wont get that much better than he is now while gay has superstar talent.

mcnasty54
07-21-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm a big Gay guy :p

Raptors27
07-21-2008, 03:12 PM
I chose Gay because he would be the best fit for the raptors. lol