PDA

View Full Version : NBA MOCK Offseason 2nd Round - #1 DAL vs #5 SAS - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
07-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Dallas Mavericks Lineup:

Tyson Chandler - Eddy Curry - Steven Hunter
David West - Boris Diaw - Steve Novak
Josh Smith - Quinton Ross - Jared Jeffries
Dwyane Wade - Rodney Stuckey - Jarvis Hayes
Devin Harris - Marko Jaric - Salim Stoudamire

NBDL: Acie Law IV and Ersan Ilysova

San Antonio Spurs Lineup:

Nenad Krstic - Jamaal Magloire - Tony Battie
Elton Brand - Nikola Pekovic - Ryan Anderson
Corey Maggette - Francisco Garcia - Chris Douglas Roberts
Michael Redd - Maurice Evans - Davon Jefferson
Tony Parker - Marcus Banks - JaMont Gordon

Dallas Mavericks Have Homecourt Advantage

Dallas Mavericks Series Writeup:

The Spurs have a high powered offense, but the Mavericks have the best defense in the league and quite an explosive offense themselves to neutralize the Spurs.

Basically the Mavericks now are like the Spurs of old. They can shut you down defensively but run and gun right along with you.

Defense will always prevail, and the Mavs have a ton of it. We have a great post defender in Tyson Chandler to help neutralize Elton Brand, and Devin Harris has always done a great job on Tony Parker. Josh Smith would do a terrific job guarding Corey Maggette and Dwyane Wade would win his matchup with Michael Redd. That would leave West guarding Nenad Krstic, and West has done a great job guarding Western Conference big men, I doubt he will have a hard time guarding Nenad.

San Antonio Spurs Series Writeup:

Man, this is an outstanding series. However, sorry Dallas, but the Spurs will win it. The main reason is because of Tony Parker. He understands that the Mavs defense is stellar, but he will find a way around it, much like he did against the Pistons in the 2005 Finals. Devin Harris is a good young point guard, but Parker is too good for him, and wonít be slowed down all that much. We also believe Michael Redd will have big scoring games against Wade. Redd has the advantage in height, and just pure scoring capabilities. We feel that Redd will lead the team offensively, with the help of Parker. We will admit, Maggette will have some trouble against Josh Smith, one of the best defending players in the NBA. Because of this, he will be sharing the starting SF role with Fransisco Garcia, an extremely quick and great young player, We feel that the duo of these two players will tire out Josh Smith, and give him trouble. Elton Brand will be good down low, since we donít feel that West can stop him. He also will defend West well. Krstic will have trouble with Tyson Chandler, I admit that, but we will throw in Jamal Magloire and Tony Battie to mix things up. We love this series, and congratulate the Mavs for building a great team.

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Give me Dallas.

Nets fan 93
07-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I really, Really, Really like the Spurs and that big steal they had trading the # 2 for EB and Maggette. I have to go Mavs though, they are just way to goo

AgentViet
07-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Mavs will take this.

x_notorious
07-02-2008, 02:34 PM
The Mavs have a GREAT team. Good job.

superkegger
07-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I really, Really, Really like the Spurs and that big steal they had trading the # 2 for EB and Maggette. I have to go Mavs though, they are just way to goo

I take offense to that. :D

But Wade and West, too potent. When Harris is your 3rd or 4th option and Diaw comes off the bench, yikes.

phillyphan4ever
07-02-2008, 04:00 PM
wow both teams are really good, tough choice but i went with the mavs

1-800-STFU
07-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Mavs have very nice depth. Curry is in a role prefect for him and Stuckey and Diaw are great backups.

Nets fan 93
07-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I take offense to that. :D

But Wade and West, too potent. When Harris is your 3rd or 4th option and Diaw comes off the bench, yikes.
my bad:eyebrow:

flyinhawaiian
07-02-2008, 07:11 PM
The mavs have a great defense with an offense that is pretty good as well

Ragun
07-02-2008, 07:22 PM
dallas fo sho.

ee
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
mavs.....spurs did have some fun wheelin and dealin but what they did is replacing their stars with players who haven't seen much of the playoffs pretty much their entire career......

sanfranfan1210
07-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Dallas for sure

lakers4sho
07-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Dallas. Their starting 5 is superb, and Diaw and Stuckey can lead their bench mob. Spurs don't have a decent bench IMO.

yaowowrocket11
07-02-2008, 11:28 PM
All I have to say is, I had no chance. The Mavs are a great team, and BB41 did an outstanding job. I was hoping for some luck, but the best team won.

superkegger
07-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Looks like dallas is taking this down handily.

_Sn1P3r_
07-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Love the Mavs in this series.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Tim donaghy (spelling?) is reffing, and he hates Mark Cuban, Spurs win :)

(I really think Mavs are better, but my vote wont' matter, so might as well vote spurs :D)

PRETTY BIRD
07-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Spurs

superkegger
07-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Tim donaghy (spelling?) is reffing, and he hates Mark Cuban, Spurs win :)

(I really think Mavs are better, but my vote wont' matter, so might as well vote spurs :D)

:laugh2: :laugh: