PDA

View Full Version : Cohan you cheap bastard, at the very least you can sign Shaun Livingston!!!

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Shaun Livingston is the ultimate Low Risk High Reward type signing the Warriors need to do in this transition period.

Shaun Livingston: Point Guard, 22 years old. 6'7" 190 lbs.

Sign him to a low contract with team options the first 2 years($1.5, $2 million) a guarantee the 3rd year($3.5) and a team option the 4th year. $4 years 12 million dollar contract with the 4th year paying out $5 million.

Next year we start Monta at PG, if it's not working, hopefully Livingston will be ready to go towards the end of the season.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Here's a link on rebuilding:
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9322

Here's a link on Shaun Livingston:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Shaun-Livingston-3327/

JLantern
07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
you already know i'm with you gboy!!!! SHAUN LIVINGSTON BABY!!!

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 01:35 PM
you already know i'm with you gboy!!!! SHAUN LIVINGSTON BABY!!!

At least I know there are still some true-blue Warriors fans out there.

I'm only pissed that we didn't get anything for Baron, but that's in huge part due to Baron Davis' curve ball. Unexpected, but understandbly given the circumstances.

Now if we don't Signe our remaing FA's in Monta, Biedrins and Azubuike, I'm going to be PISSED!!!

JLantern
07-02-2008, 01:40 PM
i'd also like to take a look at kyle lowry from memphis. that article in hoopsworld made a lot of sense tho, and we definitely need to make a move to sign a bigger pg so we can keep monta at the 2. im not sure how you feel, but i dont think it benefits monta to become a pg, hes way too much of a scorer.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 01:46 PM
i'd also like to take a look at kyle lowry from memphis. that article in hoopsworld made a lot of sense tho, and we definitely need to make a move to sign a bigger pg so we can keep monta at the 2. im not sure how you feel, but i dont think it benefits monta to become a pg, hes way too much of a scorer.

I think it benefits Monta to play the PG position. It benefits that he's a scorer. He just has to learn to pick his spots and learn how to find people.

It benefits us that Monta plays the 1, so we don't have a defensive mismatch at the 2 spot, or consistently have to find a big PG such as Crittenton and Livingston.

If I go after a Memphis PG I go after Crittenton or no one.

JLantern
07-02-2008, 01:50 PM
yeah i can agree with the Crittenton idea. i still believe monta should play the two and we just need to find a young big point guard. also what do you think about jamal crawford, i know al harrington wants to play in new york?

Crazy Crab
07-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Have you checked out Livingston's injury? I asked a couple of docs in my family and they said it was likely he would never play again, and if he did, he would never reach any potential he had before his injury. It is too bad because I always really liked the guy and thought he could be a great player.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 01:57 PM
That's why we sign him to a cheap contract laden with team options?

I am aware that he hasn't even started playing or practicing, but IMHO, it's worth $1-1.5 million to see how he does the next year. He should be back in the Spring. If he looks like crap, cut him, not big loss, no big dollars spent.

Crazy Crab
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
The fro has to be worth something.

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Have you checked out Livingston's injury? I asked a couple of docs in my family and they said it was likely he would never play again, and if he did, he would never reach any potential he had before his injury. It is too bad because I always really liked the guy and thought he could be a great player.

while i dont doubt you familys ablty as a doctor becuase other docs have said the same thing, he was cleared to play again. An Amare had huge Q's if he was ever gonna camne back. rmeber when he trtied and he could barley move out there people though oh no he si done, Livingston was supposed to change the point guard posistion he was exceptional talent who was really comming along. I hear an ineterview with him he said he coming back and he looked crazy focused.When he was first in the draft the earlyu mocks had us getting him before he rose up the baord. But i have loved the guy and would love to see him put on the gold

TrueFan420
07-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Yea he could be a great fit next to ellis and its worth the risk to try him out.

gswmentality
07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
livingston is a viable option but i wouldn't wanna waste small money on someone who has questions surroundings his injury. i agree that it wouldn't be much of a risk but i'd rather go after another player who can play and pay a little more for him to back up monta or play alongside him, depending on how big that guard is. if we play bigger teams we can play monta at the 1 if the offguard is a smaller guard but if we play teams that are smaller, then we can play both the guards and run them off the floor with our speedy lineup.

tru_warrior
07-02-2008, 05:14 PM
livingston would be such a high reward if he pans out...its worth a shot.

what do you guys think of sebastian telfair?

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 05:16 PM
livingston is a viable option but i wouldn't wanna waste small money on someone who has questions surroundings his injury. i agree that it wouldn't be much of a risk but i'd rather go after another player who can play and pay a little more for him to back up monta or play alongside him, depending on how big that guard is. if we play bigger teams we can play monta at the 1 if the offguard is a smaller guard but if we play teams that are smaller, then we can play both the guards and run them off the floor with our speedy lineup.

Livingston is only 22. Once again low risk, high reward.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 05:17 PM
livingston would be such a high reward if he pans out...its worth a shot.

what do you guys think of sebastian telfair?

Scrub. He's played with 3 different teams, traded 2x's and now just flat out released.

He's undersized and can't shoot and can't really pass. He should play on the And1 team.

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 05:48 PM
ew throw up. uh. he will happy if hey gets invite. Shockingly i read today that the knicks and him are talking. his agent said its mutual lol. well no ****

tru_warrior
07-02-2008, 09:16 PM
i thought telfair turned in a pretty nice season last season for the lowly t'puppies. then he had that injury...but he was pretty decent up until that point.

i think it'd be worth a shot. not many options right now at this point.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 09:19 PM
I'd rather play CJ Watson.

JtotheisR
07-03-2008, 12:28 AM
That article spelled it all out gboy. I like Ellis on the wing hitting spot up J's and running off the screen w/ Andris, so as we know he can play pg I would like to see us move for a pg that can create for him. So the burden isn't entirely on him for an entire game.