PDA

View Full Version : Hoops Hype Market Centre

B2B
07-02-2008, 01:13 PM
This article states teems potential targets, free agents, players on the trading block, and team needs. With this information I compiled several team scenarios and would like your comments on which you think is best.

http://hoopshype.com/market_center.htm

Players on the trading Block are: Melo,Marion,Redd,Carter

Scenario #1 Denver - Carmelo Anthony

Denver Needs

A real PG
A role player
A shooter

My trade suggestion

Toronto Trades

Calderon - 8,500,000 S&T = PG
Kapono - 5,356,000 3y = Shooter
Graham - 1,596,600 2y = Role player

Denver Trades

Anthony - 13,041,250 5y
Carter - 770,610 S&T

Raptors Lineup

O'Neal/Rasho (LM hopefully)/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries/?
Mello/Moon/Finley(LM)
Parker/(MLE)/Adams
Carter/Ukic/?

Scenario #2 Miami - Shawn Marion

Miami's Needs

A PG
Centres

My trade suggestion & the only possible one financially

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani
Salary: $5,176,440 Years Remaining: 1y = Centre

Anthony Parker
Salary: $4,550,000 Years Remaining: 1y

Jason Kapono
Salary: $5,784,480 Years Remaining: 2y

Miami Trades

Shawn Marion
Salary: $17,810,000 Years Remaining: 1y

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2010~635~510&teams=14~14~14~28&te=&cash=

Raptors Lineup

O'Neal/Rasho(LM)/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries/Graham
Marion/Moon/Finley(LM)
MLE/Adams/?
Calderon/Ukic/?

This trade leaves the most holes to fill

Scenario #3 Milwaukee - Michel Redd

Bucks Needs

Unselfish players
Tough defensive player
A PF

My trade suggestion

Toronto Trades

Anthony Parker
Salary: $4,550,000 Years Remaining: 1y = Unselfish player SG

Jason Kapono
Salary: $5,784,480 Years Remaining: 2 = Shooter

Kris Humphries
Salary: $3,200,000 Years Remaining: 2 = PF, tough defensive player

Milwaukee Trades

Michael Redd
Salary: $15,780,000 Years Remaining: 3

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2433~2010~635~692&teams=15~15~15~28&te=&cash=

Raptor Starters

O'Neal/Rasho(LM)/Jawai
Bosh/Bargs/Graham
(MLE)/Moon/Finley
Redd/Adams/?
Calderon/Ukic/?

My 4th & final Scenario New Jersey - Vince Carter

New Jersey's Needs

Quality bigs
Shooters

My trade suggestion

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani
Salary: $5,176,440 Years Remaining: 1 = Some may argue but (quality big)

Jason Kapono

Joey Graham
Salary: $2,449,184 Years Remaining: 1 = Filler

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter
Salary: $14,724,125 Years Remaining: 4

Marcus Williams
Salary: $1,262,520 Years Remaining: 1

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=136~3039~2987~2759~2010&teams=28~28~17~17~17&te=&cash=

We might have to add a filler for (KVH) if they require him in the trade to make it work. The filler would have to be (Parker).

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=136~869~3039~2987~2759~2010~63 5&teams=28~28~28~17~17~17~17&te=&cash=

Raptors Lineup

O'neal/Rasho/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries/?
Moon/(MLE)/Finley (LM)
Carter/Parker/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

This trade gives a backup PG and less holes to fill & is my personal favorite despite all the Carter hate.

If we have to include Parker for (KVH) to make it work

O'neal/Rasho/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries/?
Moon/(MLE)/Finley (LM)
Carter/Adams/? (KVH)
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Which if any scenarios do you like?.

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Ill give you credit for trying and always putting a good effort together in terms of your trade ideas. You sometimes give some nice insight and ideas to how the raps can get better. But lets talk about these deals.

Trade 1: Lets be serious, we are not trading Calderon, so deal one is off the table, PG is the most important position in the nba, to have a budding star at that position is something you never trade.. plus their no indication that the nuggets still want to trade anthony.

Trade 2: The Miami trade is alright to me, personally I dont want another 17 million dollar player on our roster that is only seeking a long term deal.

Trade 3: The bucks are not going to trade us an allstar in redd for our garbage. Did you happen to see what RJ was traded for? They gave up YI to get him, look at what are we offering and they are trading us redd? Come on, It just makes no sense. The bucks are obviously in a win now situation, by adding jefferson which makes their starting outstanding. Mo, Redd, Jefferson, Charlie V and Bogut. Seems pretty good to me. Drop the redd talk, he aint coming here, especially for what you purpose we give up.

Trade 4: Again lets be serious, VC left on a terrible terrible note, he is not coming back here anytime soon. How can MLSE forget what he did to the franchise and the fans, he quit on us when the going got tough. I dont want his ****ty attitude here or his care free basketball approach.

I just dont see any of these deal being anymore than mere fantasy.

Cheers

B2B
07-02-2008, 01:40 PM
I have another Miami trade scenario

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani
Salary: $5,176,440 Years Remaining: 1

Anthony Parker
Salary: $4,550,000 Years Remaining: 1

Jason Kapono
Salary: $5,784,480 Years Remaining: 2

Joey Graham
Salary: $2,449,184 Years Remaining: 1

Miami Trades

Shawn Marion
Salary: $17,810,000 Years Remaining: 1

Marcus Banks
Salary: $4,260,000 Years Remaining: 3 = Miami needs a PG but want to move Banks contract. I'm assuming they will do this if they r able to get a starting PG (Tinsley,Hinrich).

O'Neal/Rasho/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries/?
Marion/Moon/Finley
(MLE)/Adams/?
Calderon/Banks/Ukic

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I have another Miami trade scenario

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Joey Graham
Salary: $2,449,184 Years Remaining: 1

Miami Trades

Shawn Marion

Marcus Banks
Salary: $4,260,000 Years Remaining: 3 = Miami needs a PG but want to move Banks contract. I'm assuming they will do this if they r able to get a starting PG (Tinsley,Hinrich).

O'Neal/Rasho/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries/?
Marion/Moon/Finley
(MLE)/Adams/?
Calderon/Banks/Ukic

Rasho? He is gone and traded. Look how bad our bench would be from that trade. You cant trade that many guys and only get back essentially one good player and one role player in banks. Just does not work. The trade weakens us greatly overall.

Why would Finley come here? he has a much better shot at a champiopnship with a top team in the west or even boston. I dont see that addition working out. Plus if O'neal goes down, you have a second rounder at starting center or your have hump as the starting PF. Eww that would be just gross.

B2B
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Ill give you credit for trying and always putting a good effort together in terms of your trade ideas. You sometimes give some nice insight and ideas to how the raps can get better. But lets talk about these deals.

Trade 1: Lets be serious, we are not trading Calderon, so deal one is off the table, PG is the most important position in the nba, to have a budding star at that position is something you never trade.. plus their no indication that the nuggets still want to trade anthony.

Trade 2: The Miami trade is alright to me, personally I dont want another 17 million dollar player on our roster that is only seeking a long term deal.

Trade 3: The bucks are not going to trade us an allstar in redd for our garbage. Did you happen to see what RJ was traded for? They gave up YI to get him, look at what are we offering and they are trading us redd? Come on, It just makes no sense. The bucks are obviously in a win now situation, by adding jefferson which makes their starting outstanding. Mo, Redd, Jefferson, Charlie V and Bogut. Seems pretty good to me. Drop the redd talk, he aint coming here, especially for what you purpose we give up.

Trade 4: Again lets be serious, VC left on a terrible terrible note, he is not coming back here anytime soon. How can MLSE forget what he did to the franchise and the fans, he quit on us when the going got tough. I dont want his ****ty attitude here or his care free basketball approach.

I just dont see any of these deal being anymore than mere fantasy.

Cheers

Constructive criticism is always good.

Trade 1 - The article I provided say's Anthony is on the block. I did trade Calderon for Melo but I also have Carter coming back in the trade he may not be as good as Calderon but were getting the best player in the deal in Melo

{O'Neal/Bosh/Melo/Parker/Carter} > {O'Neal/Bosh/Moon/Parker/Calderon}

Trade 2 - If anything we let Marion walk and explore free agency

Trade 3 - People told me the same thing when I offered Bargs & Parker for Jefferson. Once again in the article I provided the needs of the Bucks r a PF - (Humphries) who is also tough (unless they can get Brand which is doubtfull who can offer a better PF in a packaged deal? The only other team I can think of is Chicago) a unselfish player in (Parker) and a shooter in (Kapono) to replace their scoring threat from behind the arc. I think it's a fair trade.

Trade 4 - That's how an ex is when kicked to the curb but it's amazing when the person they love comes back how forgiving they r :D

B2B
07-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Rasho? He is gone and traded. Look how bad our bench would be from that trade. You cant trade that many guys and only get back essentially one good player and one role player in banks. Just does not work. The trade weakens us greatly overall.

Why would Finley come here? he has a much better shot at a champiopnship with a top team in the west or even boston. I dont see that addition working out. Plus if O'neal goes down, you have a second rounder at starting center or your have hump as the starting PF. Eww that would be just gross.

These r just possible scenarios drawn up from articles provided to see which options r best. If you noted in my original post I stated trading for Marion leaves us with the most holes to fill.

Cortez
07-02-2008, 02:02 PM
i really want the denver trade to go through. i wouldnt mind losing Jose for melo, plus u could sign livingston. if his knee is fine this could be a potential steal for the raps

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 02:04 PM
i really want the denver trade to go through. i wouldnt mind losing Jose for melo, plus u could sign livingston. if his knee is fine this could be a potential steal for the raps

SF's that can score and dont play any defense are a dime a dozen, PG's who have the league best assist-turnover ratio and our budding stars are not.

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Constructive criticism is always good.

Trade 1 - The article I provided say's Anthony is on the block. I did trade Calderon for Melo but I also have Carter coming back in the trade he may not be as good as Calderon but were getting the best player in the deal in Melo

Just because it says it on hoopshype does not make it so. The nuggets apparently rejected Billups and Prince for Anthony so I cant see us making the deal any better that what the pistons offered.

Trade 2 - If anything we let Marion walk and explore free agency

I forgot to mention, I dont see miami trading Marion any time soon. My guess is that they will take the 17 million in cap room next season and out that towards boozer who has been linked constantly to the heat due to the fact he lives in miami in the offseason.

Trade 3 - People told me the same thing when I offered Bargs & Parker for Jefferson. Once again in the article I provided the needs of the Bucks r a PF - (Humphries) who is also tough (unless they can get Brand which is doubtfull who can offer a better PF in a packaged deal? The only other team I can think of is Chicago) a unselfish player in (Parker) and a shooter in (Kapono) to replace their scoring threat from behind the arc. I think it's a fair trade.

Ok yes that does make sense, I dont think that trade is crazy, I think the jefferson-bargs deal was possible but did not see them trading him to a division rival. You have negated to accept what I just said, The bucks just added jefferson, its quite clear their GM Hammond, is in a win now situation. Hunmphries does not suit a need, they could easlily use their MLE to find a suitable backup to Charlie V. The bucks trade just makes little sense, as much as the carter trade.

Trade 4 - That's how an ex is when kicked to the curb but it's amazing when the person they love comes back how forgiving they r :D

We aint talking about women here, we are talking basketball. I dont think 4 years is long enough to forget what he did, he would have to offer an apology, accept a parking spot not under the ACC, I will think of some more. I just dont see a carter to toronto deal ever ever happening. Not to mention, his contract is one of the most inflated in the nba, its plain awful.

B2B
07-02-2008, 02:26 PM
We aint talking about women here, we are talking basketball. I dont think 4 years is long enough to forget what he did, he would have to offer an apology, accept a parking spot not under the ACC, I will think of some more. I just dont see a carter to toronto deal ever ever happening. Not to mention, his contract is one of the most inflated in the nba, its plain awful.

Inflated ! O'Neals 23 mil is inflated, Carter is an allstar and is making 13 mil a year I don't think that is inflated I think that's his worth. If you were to ask any Nets fan who their best player was and or is they will tell you it's Carter not Kidd, not Jefferson. For being the teams best player 13 mil is NOT inflated.

B2B
07-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I tend to agree with Kidd in order for the Nets to go after Lebron they have to move Carter.

KIDD’S TAKE: Jason Kidd’s in Dallas, but he’s still tuned into the Nets and when he saw Richard Jefferson go to the Bucks for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons, he said, "I was kind of like, wow."

"They’re totally different now. I guess they’ve officially started over."

Trading Jefferson was viewed as a move to free up cap space for 2010, when Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James - a buddy of minority owner Jay-Z - all become free agents.

James offered his stock, "Right now I’m excited to be in Cleveland" when asked about the Nets and Kidd admitted he couldn’t read the Jefferson trade as a sure indicator either. In fact, he said, to get James, he thinks the Nets would have to do a lot more.

"They’re going to have to," Kidd said, "trade everybody."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/olympics/view/2008_07_01_U_S__Olympic_basketball_team_shows_off_ new_uniforms__camaraderie/srvc=sports&position=recent

pebloemer
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Inflated ! O'Neals 23 mil is inflated, Carter is an allstar and is making 13 mil a year I don't think that is inflated I think that's his worth. If you were to ask any Nets fan who their best player was and or is they will tell you it's Carter not Kidd, not Jefferson. For being the teams best player 13 mil is NOT inflated.

The length of the contract is what worries me most.

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I tend to agree with Kidd in order for the Nets to go after Lebron they have to move Carter.

KIDD’S TAKE: Jason Kidd’s in Dallas, but he’s still tuned into the Nets and when he saw Richard Jefferson go to the Bucks for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons, he said, "I was kind of like, wow."

"They’re totally different now. I guess they’ve officially started over."

Trading Jefferson was viewed as a move to free up cap space for 2010, when Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James - a buddy of minority owner Jay-Z - all become free agents.

James offered his stock, "Right now I’m excited to be in Cleveland" when asked about the Nets and Kidd admitted he couldn’t read the Jefferson trade as a sure indicator either. In fact, he said, to get James, he thinks the Nets would have to do a lot more.

"They’re going to have to," Kidd said, "trade everybody."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/olympics/view/2008_07_01_U_S__Olympic_basketball_team_shows_off_ new_uniforms__camaraderie/srvc=sports&position=recent

Im not debating that the nets will trade carter, just debating that it wont be to us. Plus Carter has what 4 or 5 years left on his deal. Thanks but no thanks.

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 02:47 PM

its for 2 seasons. And it just so happens that O'neals contract comes off the books the year the NBA has the best free agency class in history. The contract is inflated when there is 5 years left at 13 million a year.

B2B
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
its for 2 seasons. And it just so happens that O'neals contract comes off the books the year the NBA has the best free agency class in history. The contract is inflated when there is 5 years left at 13 million a year.

I think Carter is worth his contract he may not be able to give you much in his last 1 or 2 but if he gives us 3 solid good years with the team as it stands we have a chance to be contenders for 2-3 years with 2 years of none worth worst case. After watching this team suck for 4 years I would take a chance on him to win in his first 3ys of his 5y contract and not give a **** about the last 2

O'Neal
Bosh
Moon or (MLE)
Carter
Calderon

CONTENDERS

dirtybird
07-02-2008, 03:24 PM
I would only do the first trade. Carmelo for Calderon is a steal for the Raptors.

North Yorker
07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
About the Carter situation, I don't think it's worth to bring him back either but I am sure I remember a certain OTR episode and either an "Up Front" or "Next Question" with Colangelo. Anyway, a question was asked if he would of liked to have Vince Carter on the Toronto Raptors, and he said something along the lines of "sure", or "yes". Whatever it was, he didn't object to the idea of it.

But I think it was before VC signed that huge contract, so take it for what its worth. I doubt we see Carter back in a Raptor Uniform again.

hades
07-02-2008, 03:40 PM
MARION = unhappy with being the third option

CARTER = will just spill our own play and jack up shots

MELO = will be arrested for DUI while driving 200kmsph at the gardiner.

must i say more?

well ok, if its pure fantasy id like marion on this team.

B2B
07-02-2008, 04:08 PM
MARION = unhappy with being the third option

CARTER = will just spill our own play and jack up shots

MELO = will be arrested for DUI while driving 200kmsph at the gardiner.

must i say more?

well ok, if its pure fantasy id like marion on this team.

http://hoopshype.com/market_center.htm

What about my post is fantasy?.

People said my trade of Bargs & Parker for Jeferson was fantasy 2 right up to the point he got traded for Yi & Simmons.

The Article I just provided shows what teams r offering and what they want. Carter is on the trading block & we have pieces to offer. Just because a trade doesn't come to fruition doesn't mean it's beyond the realm of possibility. I've provided articles and teams need's, what have you provided to show that it's fantasy?.

We may not get any of the players I listed but it wouldn't be because we didn't have the pieces to offer because the possibilities r there.

khanraymond
07-02-2008, 04:54 PM
I just want to know where the money is coming from. Toronto has the ability to sign a MLE and possible Vet Mins, but just because your allowed to, doesn't mean you can (might be a little confusing).

Raptors Salary for teh 2008 season is set to be around 70 Million. The Lux Tax is probably going to be set around 72 million. So, even though we can sign a player for the MLE (which is around 5.5 million), doesn't mean BC will - because that would put the Raptors over the cap.

Realistically, Marion won't want to come to Toronto because he would be the third option and Toronto would not be willing to give him an extension (same goes for PHX and Miami).

Even though Melo+Anthony Carter is better than Calderon+Moon, Calderon plays a more important position. We would be giving up Ast, steals, rebounds and blocks for points - doesn't make too much sense.

Carter is out of NJ - but not to the Raptors. He's going to a playoff team that needs a 20pts scorer and is a stepping stone away from the championship )Ray Allen situation)

The Bucks want to win now - why would they trade away a future project for RJ.

What are your thought on this one:

PHX gets
Kapono + Graham + Kurt Thomas (S&T - expected to sign for MLE) + Vaughn

SA gets:
Diaw + Humphris

TOR gets:
Barbosa + Bonner

PHX gets a PG, better 3pt shooter, and decent back up to Bell and Hill..

SA wants to get younger and more athletic

Free's up 2.5 million more under the Lux Tax - so 4 to 5 million under the cap and 2 available roster spots to hit the FA market. Decent Backcourt - Calderon, Parker, Ukic, Barbosa. Great frontcourt - Bosh, O'Neal, Bragnani, Bonner. SF issue with just moon - but 5 mill can get a really good SF (since Corey Mags is considering signing with Boston for 5.5)

B2B
07-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I just want to know where the money is coming from. Toronto has the ability to sign a MLE and possible Vet Mins, but just because your allowed to, doesn't mean you can (might be a little confusing).

Raptors Salary for teh 2008 season is set to be around 70 Million. The Lux Tax is probably going to be set around 72 million. So, even though we can sign a player for the MLE (which is around 5.5 million), doesn't mean BC will - because that would put the Raptors over the cap.

Realistically, Marion won't want to come to Toronto because he would be the third option and Toronto would not be willing to give him an extension (same goes for PHX and Miami).

Even though Melo+Anthony Carter is better than Calderon+Moon, Calderon plays a more important position. We would be giving up Ast, steals, rebounds and blocks for points - doesn't make too much sense.

Carter is out of NJ - but not to the Raptors. He's going to a playoff team that needs a 20pts scorer and is a stepping stone away from the championship )Ray Allen situation)

PHX gets

SA gets:
Diaw + Humphris

TOR gets:
Barbosa + Bonner

Free's up 2.5 million more under the Lux Tax - so 4 to 5 million under the cap and 2 available roster spots to hit the FA market. Decent Backcourt - Calderon, Parker, Ukic, Barbosa. Great frontcourt - Bosh, O'Neal, Bragnani, Bonner. SF issue with just moon - but 5 mill can get a really good SF (since Corey Mags is considering signing with Boston for 5.5)

NBA has set the salary cap at $55,630,000

Mid level Exception for over the cap is $5,356,000

Luxury tax threshold $67,865,000

Raptors salaries = $55,802,202 with the one year qualifying offer to Delfino for $2,744,299

http://blog.canoe.ca/courtside/2008/...etting_clearer

We will sign Jose with the Larry Bird exception LBE

Perhaps the most well-known of the NBA's salary cap exceptions, it is so named because the Boston Celtics were the first team permitted to exceed the salary cap to re-sign one of their own players. the Larry Bird exception allows teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign their own free agents, at an amount up to the maximum salary. To qualify as a Bird free agent, a player must have played three seasons without being waived or changing teams as a free agent.

We will sign Jawai to the Rookie exception RE

The CBA allows teams to sign their 1st-round draft choices to rookie "scale" contracts even if their payroll exceeds the cap.

I believe we included the #17 pick (Lopez) to get Rasho back in a wink wink deal as I see us trying to contend. With this move Rasho > Lopez & more experienced makes sense to have Rasho backing up O'Neal than Lopez. I see it as the reason we traded our pick.

We resign Pietrus to the Mid level exception MLE

A team is allowed to sign one player to a contract equal to the average NBA salary, even if the team is over the salary cap already, or if the signing would put them over the cap. This is known as the Mid-level exception. The Mid-Level Exception for the 2007-08 NBA season is $5.36 million

In an article I previously posted it stated

While there didn't appear to be a Jamario Moon -- who made the team through the same workout process last season -- in this year's mix, a few players (former New Jersey Nets' Hassan Adams and Dakota Wizards D-League centre Rod Benson -- opened eyes and could wind up getting a further look down the road. Those decisions won't be made until the Raptors determine what they can get with their 17th pick in the draft

I believe we will sign Benson & Adams to the Bi annual exception BAE

The bi-annual exception may be used to sign any free agent to a contract starting at $1.672 million in 2005-06, but cannot be used two years in a row (and if the $1 million exception from the previous CBA was used in 2004-05, the bi-annual exception cannot be used in 2005-06). Like the mid-level exception, the $1 million exception can also be split among more than one player, and can be used to sign players for up to two years, with raises limited to 8% per year

Hopefully we can sign Rasho to the minimum salary exception MSE If he's bought out in a wink wink deal like I've heard rumored.

Teams can sign players for the NBA's minimum salary even if they are over the cap, for up to two years in length. In the case of two-year contracts, the second-season salary is the minimum salary for that season. The contract may not contain a signing bonus. This exception also allows minimum-salary players to be acquired via trade.

Raptors comments on roster spots prior to draft.

"We don't know how many we're looking at because we're talking about some trade scenarios right now.

"We're talking about the possibilities of who we would take in the draft, we're talking about what happens if we make this trade and lose two or three players but don't have a lot of money. Maybe we have a lower salary area where these type of players (unsigned free agents) might fit in. But having all this in front of us over the next four or five days is going to be very helpful."

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Bas...60141-sun.html

Rounding out the Roster for another trade

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani
Salary: $5,176,440 Years Remaining: 1 = Some may argue but (quality big)

Jason Kapono

Joey Graham
Salary: $2,449,184 Years Remaining: 1 = Filler

New Jersey Trades

Vince Carter
Salary: $14,724,125 Years Remaining: 4

Marcus Williams
Salary: $1,262,520 Years Remaining: 1

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~17&te=&cash=

We might have to add a filler for (KVH) if they require him in the trade to make it work. The filler would have to be (Parker).

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~17&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Rasho/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries/?
Pietrus/Moon/Finley(LM)
Carter/Parker/Adams
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Subtract Parker if (KVH) has to be included to get trade done.

Adams signed for league minimum

If Delfino doesn't accept his qualifying offer we would have 3 mil to offer a player + the full (MLE) probably,hopefully it's Rasho in a buyout.

Sign Pietrus to full MLE

If I take out the hypotheticals

O'Neal/Jawai/?
Bosh/Humphries/?
(MLE)/Moon/?
Carter/Parker/Adams if (KVH) is not included in trade
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

We have the Full MLE for a SG/SF (Pietrus)
We have 3 mil if Delfino doesn't accept his qualifying offer (Rasho) or other serviceable C
2 Spots that we can sign to (LM) Finley SF / ? PF

B2B
07-02-2008, 05:23 PM

PHX gets

SA gets:
Diaw + Humphris

TOR gets:
Barbosa + Bonner

It's a good trade but I don't like Diaw or Barbosa.

ramz.n
07-02-2008, 06:35 PM
would love a guy like Barbosa..hes not making as much as he should..Phoenix got a steal when they signed him to an extention..great scorer, arguably one of the fastest, but not sure who in return would Phoenix want?
Barbosa Salary
2008/09 2009/10 2010/11 2011/12 (player option)
$6,100,000 $6,600,000 $7,100,000 $7,600,000

if we could get him he would be a steal , great scorer , took less money to be on a better team.

nads83
07-02-2008, 06:51 PM
i cant believe you guys. we'd be lucky to land kareem rush at this point. r u guys serious?

Mile High Champ
07-03-2008, 09:34 AM
How is Barbosa the answer to what we need? We need a 3 (my primary desire for the raps) who can score and defend his position well. Barbosa is a pg/sg who just jacks up shots and plays little to no defense.

B2B
07-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Their is no link or source but a poster on another forum said his friend who also predicted the O'Neal trade before it happened suggested that we were trading Parker for Felton. First thought that came to mind was why trade a SG a position in which we r weak already for a PG. The second thought was there r a few teams trading wing players who r in need of a PG which to me would suggest a possible 3 way trade. The 3 teams that come to mind who r in need of a PG {Denver,Miami, & Sacremento}.

I came up with possible scenarios

Denver - Mello

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Charlotte Trades

Raymond Felton
Salary: $4,148,715 Years Remaining: 1

Denver Trades

Carmelo Anthony
Salary: $14,410,581 Years Remaining: 4

Toronto Receives

Carmelo Anthony

Charlotte Receives

Andrea Bargnani

Denver Receives

Raymond Felton

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Why for Toronto?

We need a scoring wing (Melo)

Why for Charlotte?

They want an offensive big (Bargs)

Why for Denver?

They want a PG (Felton)
They want shooters (Kapono,Parker)
They want role players (Kapono,Parker)
We might have to add a future 1st round pick

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1975~2987~2010~635~2753&teams=28~30~7~7~7&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries
Mello/Moon
Delfino/Adams (Delfino if resigned)
Calderon/Ukic

Miami - Marion

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Kapono

Anthony Parker

Charlotte Trades

Nazr Mohammed
Salary: $6,049,400 Years Remaining: 3

Raymond Felton

Jared Dudley
Salary: $1,222,320 Years Remaining: 1

Jermareo Davidson
Salary: $711,517 Years Remaining: 1

Miami Trades

Shawn Marion

Daequan Cook
Salary: $1,273,200 Years Remaining: 1

Toronto Receives

Jermareo Davidson

Minimum Salary Exception allowed trade to be successful

Shawn Marion

Daequan Cook

Charlotte Receives

Marcus Banks
Salary: $4,260,000 Years Remaining: 3

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Kapono

Miami Recieves

Jared Dudley

Raymond Felton

Anthony Parker

Nazr Mohammed

Why for Toronto?

We get our wing (Marion)
We get a SG (Cook) & 2 low cost players to round out the roster.

Why for Charlotte?

They get a replacement for Felton in (Banks)
Shooting upgrade in (Kapono)

Why for Miami?

They need a PG (Felton)
They Need a C (Mohammed)
They retain their flexibility for 2010

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2010~635~2165~3196~510~31 99~3201~2753~568&teams=30~30~14~30~28~28~28~14~14~14&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries/Davidson
Marion/Moon
Delfino/Cook/Adams
Calderon/Ukic

Sacramento - Artest

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Charlotte Trades

Raymond Felton

Nazr Mohammed

Sacramento Trades

Quincy Douby
Salary: $1,427,040 Years Remaining: 1

Ron Artest
Salary: $7,400,000 Years Remaining: 1

Toronto Receives

Quincy Douby

Ron Artest

Charlotte Receives

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Sacramento Receives

Raymond Felton

Nazr Mohammed

Why for Toronto?

Artest is the toughness were looking for & a great defender

Why for Charlotte?

They get their scoring big (Bargs)

Why for Sacramento?

They need a PG (Felton)
They need an athletic C (Mohammed)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=25~3000~2987~635~2753~568&teams=28~28~30~30~23~23&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries
Artest/Moon/Kapono
Delfino/Adams
Calderon/Douby/Ukic

_Sn1P3r_
07-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Their is no link or source but a poster on another forum said his friend who also predicted the O'Neal trade before it happened suggested that we were trading Parker for Felton. First thought that came to mind was why trade a SG a position in which we r weak already for a PG. The second thought was there r a few teams trading wing players who r in need of a PG which to me would suggest a possible 3 way trade. The 3 teams that come to mind who r in need of a PG {Denver,Miami, & Sacremento}.

I came up with possible scenarios

Denver - Mello

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Charlotte Trades

Raymond Felton

Denver Trades

Carmelo Anthony

Toronto Receives

Carmelo Anthony

Charlotte Receives

Andrea Bargnani

Denver Receives

Raymond Felton

Anthony Parker

Jason Kapono

Why for Toronto?

We need a scoring wing (Melo)

Why for Charlotte?

Why for Denver?

They want a PG (Felton)
They want shooters (Kapono,Parker)
They want role players (Kapono,Parker)
We might have to add a future 1st round pick

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1975~2987~2010~635~2753&teams=28~30~7~7~7&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries
Mello/Moon
Delfino/Adams (Delfino if resigned)
Calderon/Ukic

Miami - Marion

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Kapono

Anthony Parker

Charlotte Trades

Nazr Mohammed

Raymond Felton

Jared Dudley

Jermareo Davidson

Miami Trades

Shawn Marion

Daequan Cook

Toronto Receives

Jermareo Davidson

Minimum Salary Exception allowed trade to be successful

Shawn Marion

Daequan Cook

Charlotte Receives

Marcus Banks
Salary: $4,260,000 Years Remaining: 3

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Kapono

Miami Recieves

Jared Dudley

Raymond Felton

Anthony Parker

Nazr Mohammed

Why for Toronto?

We get our wing (Marion)
We get a SG (Cook) & 2 low cost players to round out the roster.

Why for Charlotte?

They get a replacement for Felton in (Banks)
Shooting upgrade in (Kapono)

Why for Miami?

They need a PG (Felton)
They Need a C (Mohammed)
They retain their flexibility for 2010

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2010~635~2165~3196~510~31 99~3201~2753~568&teams=30~30~14~30~28~28~28~14~14~14&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries/Davidson
Marion/Moon
Delfino/Cook/Adams
Calderon/Ukic

Sacramento - Artest

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Charlotte Trades

Raymond Felton

Nazr Mohammed

Sacramento Trades

Quincy Douby

Ron Artest

Toronto Receives

Quincy Douby

Ron Artest

Charlotte Receives

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Sacramento Receives

Raymond Felton

Nazr Mohammed

Why for Toronto?

Artest is the toughness were looking for & a great defender

Why for Charlotte?

They get their scoring big (Bargs)

Why for Sacramento?

They need a PG (Felton)
They need an athletic C (Mohammed)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=25~3000~2987~635~2753~568&teams=28~28~30~30~23~23&te=&cash=

O'Neal/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries
Artest/Moon/Kapono
Delfino/Adams
Calderon/Douby/Ukic

Great Post. Some interesting trades. I like the Ron Artest & Quincy Douby trade as well as the Marion & Cook. Cook is young and is a pure scorer. He could be a solid contributor off the bench for us.