PDA

View Full Version : Hossa signs with Wings

king4day
07-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Man this is disgusting...

The defending Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings have signed forward Marian Hossa to a one-year, $7.4-million contract, TSN of Canada reported on its Web site.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3470849

This reaks of, "if I can win a cup in this year, THEN, I can sign wherever I want for the money since I'll have my ring"

I REALLLLLLLLY hope we can win the cup this year and make it an 'in your face' to him. What a prick

king4day
07-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Dude has no faith in the Pens. We offered him the same money for long term and he clearly just wanted to win now and take more money later. Man I hate him.

bartlett2266
07-02-2008, 01:29 PM
i hate this guy

I Found Bigfoot
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
**** him. JAGR TIME!

TheRuckus
07-02-2008, 02:27 PM
:laugh:

MG3
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
unbelievable....seriously what the hell....it's kinda messed up to say but I hope he gets hurt (nothing serious) for most of the year and becomes a free agent and gets screwed over on a "big pay day"

rarryronds
07-02-2008, 04:14 PM
We're screwed. All the good players have signed. We tried to be too stingy and look where we are. A lot worse off.

rudemechanical
07-02-2008, 04:37 PM
This is extremely disappointing. The lack of sincerity is questionable, but I suppose the point was to drive up the price. Penguins gave up so much to get him; no loyalty in sports, I guess.

Can't say I wish him well. We have a big hole to fill. He was the perfect linemate for Sid and a bonafide sniper. Very disappointing.

Sbank
07-02-2008, 06:02 PM
well huge lost and big whole to fill now. I hate this guy a lot for signing with the enemy after we gave him the same offer and he turned it down. What a scum bag.

MaZin420
07-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Man this does suck and hossa is a scumbag

bullocks
07-02-2008, 08:38 PM
LOL! Hossa is a stand up guy. Would any of you guys turn down 6, 7, 8, 9, year deals for 70+ million to sign a 1 year deal for 7 mill with a team you really want to play for!? Probably not.

Some of you guys need a clue. Hossa has wanted to play for Detroit since the trade deadline and Atlanta even gave Detroit permission to speak with his agent but couldn't get a trade done. He signed for 1 year because Franzen and Zetterberg and UFA next year and Holland will have a better idea if they will be able to fit him under the cap which they both want.

Don't blame him for leaving, his heart was never in Pittsburgh.

shamrock317
07-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Hossa kicked ***** in the post season, but he didn't get us to the playoffs. Sure, it would have been fun to watch a whole season of him on Sid's line, but we'll make the moves we need (again) at next years trade deadline. I'd rather have had Malone and Ruutu stay, since they were part of the core that got us there. I'm just glad that I won't have to retire my Malkin jersey any time soon, and I'm looking forward to getting an Orpik jersey!