PDA

View Full Version : I love how Mayo got the rep as the "thug" while Rose was the one who got into a fight

AlexandertheGre
07-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Rose sure is a winner.

Barely a week in and he's been pulled over for doing 100 in a 65.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-derrick-rose-bothjul02,0,7099967.story

And here is a story I've known since April that has received ZERO coverage.

http://www.memphisrap.com/cgi-bin/content/pub9990263694155.cgi?itemid=9990285813644

According to sources close to MemphisRap.com, the basketball star and NBA hopeful Derrick Rose was in a fight with a Tigers football player, Steven Black. Steven Black who signed with the Memphis Tigers football team in December, weighs in at 213 lbs and stands 6'3" while Derrick Rose weighs in at 190 lbs and stands 6'3" and if the two were placed in a boxing ring they would fit in the class of heavy weights according to the World Boxing Organization heavy weight class requirements. But if they were placed in a ring under the World Boxing Association requirements, then only Steven Black would be the heavy weight. The two reportedly were fighting over a girl which could be a costly mistake for both of the two athletes. However, as far as other mistakes say during the fight, sources state that Black may have gotten the best of Rose according to Rose's appearance.

AlexandertheGre
07-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Mayo and Beasley for that matter.

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I Hate It When People Talk Smack About Mayo Jsut Because He Was Being Hyped By The Media When He Came To Usc..but Guess What, He Did His Thing..his Stats Look Pretty Nice Eventhough Usc Sucks

AlexandertheGre
07-02-2008, 12:55 PM
ESPN still hasnt covered the Rose fight, lol.

Musical Tempo
07-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Only thing I dont like about Mayo is he is older and stayed in highschool longer then he had to.
Out of the Top 3 Beasley is clearly the more skilled player and we will see it.
You know your not a nba star when you fighting over the girls, should the girls be fighting over you...
Rose=Waste Man
Beasely & Mayo (so far)=2008 NBA draft god's.

DmL
07-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Only thing I dont like about Mayo is he is older and stayed in highschool longer then he had to.
Out of the Top 3 Beasley is clearly the more skilled player and we will see it.
You know your not a nba star when you fighting over the girls, should the girls be fighting over you...
Rose=Waste Man
Beasely & Mayo (so far)=2008 NBA draft god's.

You do know that Rose is being compared to your boy Williams but a more atheletic version right?

Who cares if he got into a friggin fight? Who knows if it's true. He's a great kid.

Does everyone know what happened to Mayo his senior year in H.S.? Did you know he got caught with Weed? Did you know Beasley went to 7 High Schools? He was kicked out of Oak Hill, the most prestigious Basketball H.S. in the country.

Some of you guys here are idiots...

AlexandertheGre
07-02-2008, 01:09 PM
You do know that Rose is being compared to your boy Williams but a more atheletic version right?

Who cares if he got into a friggin fight? Who knows if it's true. He's a great kid.

Does everyone know what happened to Mayo his senior year in H.S.? Did you know he got caught with Weed? Did you know Beasley went to 7 High Schools? He was kicked out of Oak Hill, the most prestigious Basketball H.S. in the country.

Signature: Entire Chicago Bulls team

I think that says enough. I am a nonpartisan Knicks fan.

BALLER71
07-02-2008, 01:14 PM

Beasley got kicked out of Oak Hill because of a prank.
He and his friend had a competiton of who could leave their signature on the most objects in school.

AlexandertheGre
07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
He and his friend had a competiton of who could leave their signature on the most objects in school.

Damn! That vandalism sure is dangerous.

Musical Tempo
07-02-2008, 01:17 PM

Amare Stoudamire went to 5 schools. Look at him now. As Jim Jones says BaLLLin!!!!

Weed your honestly going to tell me you never tried it? Let the dude live, I know Rose, Beasley, Mayo all did it, ask Noah he probably smoked it with them at predraft camp.

One thing I do know if he getting into trouble with girls now he messed. Girls=life/career ruiners- if you need proof ask Kobe, with out that case he would probably have more championship under his belt and could be compared to MJ, but now he getting compared to OJ.

My point is Chicago slept on Beasley and they going to suffer, 2nd point is my post has some really bad jokes.:confused:

tonyd3b54
07-02-2008, 01:21 PM

who cares like 75% of high schoolers hav smoked weed...

dre1990
07-02-2008, 01:23 PM
there both good people wont have any issue's in da nba

younggunn113
07-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Why do all black athletes love white girls (not being racist realistic question)?

The better question might be why do all white girls love black athletes? I think its the girls more than the athletes.

THE_FLASH_21
07-02-2008, 01:28 PM

So ur saying Rose is already the best PG????? Ur crazy... Comparing people before they play is all Bull.... Wern't people saying That Shaun Livingston was gonna be the next Magic??? Or do u remember Sabastian Telfair??? EXACTLY... Let him play a game before u start drooling over him...

I think he'll be a good PG... But he got a long way to go... And remember Dwill
can take over a game when ever he wants!

I Am Awesome-O
07-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Ok, first off the guy who started this thread is a dumbass. Derrick is a really nice guy and he's funny too. He went to Memphis because he wanted to win. O.J. went to USC so he could be in the Hollywood spotlight. Secondly, Steven Black was the one who started the fight. Derrick was on a date with a girl and he didn't know that it was Steven Black's girlfriend. How is he a thug for standing up for himself? Do you see Derrick with an entourage thinking he's the greatest thing to ever walk the planet? No, not at all. That's exactly what Mayo does. Derrick is really modest and a cool guy. Also, who hasn't gone 100 in a 65 zone? Everyone has done it more than once. Derrick just got caught. Other than those two things he has done wrong, can you say anything else he did wrong? No because you are stupid and you want him to be a bad guy for some reason. Look I don't know about Mayo. He could be a good guy but he just likes being a star too much. He seemed nice in interviews. But I know for a fact that Derrick Rose is not anywhere near a thug. He's a nice, funny, modest kid.

I Am Awesome-O
07-02-2008, 01:35 PM
So ur saying Rose is already the best PG????? Ur crazy... Comparing people before they play is all Bull.... Wern't people saying That Shaun Livingston was gonna be the next Magic??? Or do u remember Sabastian Telfair??? EXACTLY... Let him play a game before u start drooling over him...

Did you watch the NCAA tournament at all? He took over every game and was basically unguardable. I watched every home game the Tigers had in person, and it was easy to see he was just so special athletically and talent-wise that he is going to be a superstar in the NBA.

Noreaga
07-02-2008, 01:39 PM
rose was arrested for speeding like 2 1/2 months ago....not defending him or anything, just saying

Phenom1
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Who cares! I only care what they do on the court. Outside of that, they can do whatever they want, just like us.

Chi-Town Finest
07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
All three of em are young and going to make mistakes, probably the same mistakes some of you have made so get over it and talk about it after they have completed at least one season. I also think it's funny how nobody had anything bad to say about Rose until after they found out the Bulls would be drafting him but that could just be coincidence.:rolleyes:

zezak
07-02-2008, 02:07 PM

Did you watch the NCAA tournament at all? He took over every game and was basically unguardable. I watched every home game the Tigers had in person, and it was easy to see he was just so special athletically and talent-wise that he is going to be a superstar in the NBA.

And chocked at the end.....

hockeyplaya97
07-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Honestly who cares about what these kids have done in the past. None of them have been in jail. None of them have been busted for doing anything serious. Until one of them is actually arrested and locked up none of the little stuff matters. I think Beasley got a bad rep but oh well. Rose, Beasley, and Mayo will all three be pretty good ball players.

adealstimson
07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Wow good luck Chicago.. Looks like another Cedric Benson in the making.. Get him under control or youre looking at Jay Williams..

AlexandertheGre
07-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Honestly I hope Rose is a good kid. But I don't like seeing the Media calling Beasley a troublemaker where there is already a troublemaker present.

DmL
07-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Whatever, just wait to see what Team USA has to say about D-Rose. Him and Stuckey are gonna beat up on D-Will and CP3.

DmL
07-02-2008, 05:20 PM

Williams can't take over a game.. There's only really 4-5 guys that can. Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and maybe Melo.

MGB
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Signature: Entire Chicago Bulls team

I think that says enough. I am a nonpartisan Knicks fan.

You completely avoided the point he made, which is that Beasley got kicked out of multiple schools, and Mayo was arrested for possessing an illegal substance; albeit only pot, but still.

A prank in which he vandalized the principle's car after he was told by that same principle to stop the vandalism. How dumb do you have to be to do something like that? It's blatant disrespect and disregard for rules. Think about that, what would you do to someone if they wrote all over your car in permanent marker. :eyebrow:

chisoxfan620
07-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Who cares! I only care what they do on the court. Outside of that, they can do whatever they want, just like us.

amen.

chisoxfan620
07-02-2008, 05:42 PM
The better question might be why do all white girls love black athletes? I think its the girls more than the athletes.

One word...MONEY.

SwaggaIke
07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Jordan Crawford went to my high school and he told me the white girls at Indiana get down. I saw one that had his picture on her wall. Anyway, nobody cares if Rose got his *** kicked. He shouldn't have been fighting over a broad anyway.

_Sn1P3r_
07-03-2008, 10:55 AM
The girl must've been really fine if they wanted to risk their reputations and fight over her.

stevefrancis
07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
seriously you guys need to get off players d!cks. whats next rose is gonna have sex with 3 girls at once and your gonna say thats a bad thing who does that?

HOZ THE KNICK
07-03-2008, 01:34 PM
chicago is going to regret the day they took rose over beasley.

run4sun1988
07-03-2008, 04:01 PM
chicago is going to regret the day they took rose over beasley.

QFE