PDA

View Full Version : Who are the new line-mates?

abourne13
07-02-2008, 11:43 AM
So, what do you think the new lines will be for the B's with the addition of Ryder and the loss of Metro..? Who will work best with each other?

AngusYoungRocks
07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
i miss metro :cry: but this is what it will look like

Kessel Savard Ryder
Sturm Bergeron Murray
Lucic Nokelainen Kobasew
Axelsson Sobotka Schaefer

there are still some holes that need to be filled. i dont see ryder as a top line scorer so we still need something there. the bruins are very deep at the center position in both Boston and Providence so maybe they can trade away some depth there, like Krejci or Pelletier, some draft picks, and hopefully Murray for a PURE goal scorer. But i dont see that happening.

the d is going to look the same as last year
and Thomas and Fernandez will share time like they did at the beginning of last year.

Hockeyras
07-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I would go with a little different look.

Lucic Savard Ryder

Lucic gives this line a great big body in front of the net and a grit in the corners. He's a nice tough guy who should make sure no one messes with Ryder and Savard. Ryder is a 30 goal scorer and Savard could be blind and pass better than anyone in the league.

Sturm Bergeron Kessell

This is a very very fast line with a lot of good youth. Sturm had a fantastic year last year and with a fantastic center like Bergeron who can pass and draw defenders away from the other 2, this line could have a lot of potential. Kessell was a minor disapointment but after being benched in the playoffs, he was the best player on the Bruins. He showed grit, aggression, just overall fantastic play.

PJ Krejci Kobasew

This line to me is a weird combination, but I think it would be a fantastic underrated line. Pj and Kobasew give you a great defenseive line and Krejci gives you a scoring element and so does Kobasew. We really missed Chuck from the playoffs and if he can return healthy, he could easily score 15-20 goals. This line could easily shut down any top line and would be a nice little surprise for most people.

Reich Sobotka Nokelainen

This line is a bit of a stretch for me, but who knows, it could work out. Reich gives you a fighter, all be it not a good one, but still. And the goods, what can I say, fantastic young talent that just needs a little more experience and this line and this team can give them that.

No Murry, sorry, you suck. I think Wheeler COULD make the team, but I would like to see him in Providence until someone gets hurt or someone sucks beyond belief. Depends what else we do in free agency but right now I'd go with those 12 forwards, be a pretty scary team in my opinion

Bruins37
07-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Agree with Hockeyras, thinking pretty much the same with the lines. Only thing I would change is the fourth line, I would go with Thornton instead of Reich becuse I think he is a better fighter then Reich.

Hockeyras
07-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Agree with Hockeyras, thinking pretty much the same with the lines. Only thing I would change is the fourth line, I would go with Thornton instead of Reich becuse I think he is a better fighter then Reich.

Yeah, pick your poison, they both aren't the best of hockey players, you could really go either way

Shaiza
07-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Lucic-Savard-Ryder
Savard showed that he can set up a player like Lucic, and I believe Julien will love this first line. Although it probably means less fights for Lucic, it will spark some offense. Ryder will only benefit from a player like Savard, as Marc is a true playmaker.
Sturm-Bergeron-Kobasew
This line was great and they showed it in the past, no reason why Julien wouldn't go back to this one here.
Kessel-Krejci-Murray or Wheeler/Axelsson-Kreci-Kessel
Like someone mentioned, Wheeler has a great shot at making the team and that first line will look AWESOME.
Nokelainen-Sobotka-Wheeler/Reich/Thornton
4th line will always be altered one way or another. Can't make a realistic prediction.

Schafer HAS to be traded.

Lord Byron 34
07-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Wheeler has a great shot at making the team and that first line will look AWESOME.

From what I have read, Wheeler will need at least one season, maybe two, in providence before he is ready to contribute.

For my lines, I am going to operate without Glen Murray, and assume he is not with the Bruins next season (since they are over the cap right now).

Sturm-Savard-Ryder
I am trying to make the most dangerous line possible without putting Bergeron on a wing. I think the combination of Sturm's speed, Savard's creativity, and Ryder's finishing will make this a strong line. Leaving Kessel off this line is hard for me, as I would love to put him with Savard, but Sturm is also fast and right now is a better player.

Kessel-Bergeron-Kobasew
I know that there are three righties on this line. I could have put Lucic on the left, but I dont think that Lucic can't keep up with the speed of Kessel, and is not as skilled of an offensive player as Kobasew. I also did not want to put Kobasew on the 3rd line, where he would play more of a checking role, something that I do not think suits his game particularly well. I do not think it would be too difficult for Kessel of play the off wing based on his skill level and good hands.

Lucic-Krejci-Axelsson
I like the idea of playing Krejci and Lucic together, two younger players, paired with the veteran Axelsson. Axelsson would have to play the off wing, and, to be honest, I do not know whether he can. I know Lucic would not take well to it though. I also am not as high on Lucic as some others, and think he might be better suited for the 3rd line, rather than the second.

Lord Byron 34
07-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Schafer HAS to be traded.

I disagree. His value will never be lower. We know he is a skilled player, why not give him the chance to turn it around first? Chiarelli would be lucky to get a bucket of pucks for him right now.

AngusYoungRocks
07-03-2008, 09:00 AM
I disagree. His value will never be lower. We know he is a skilled player, why not give him the chance to turn it around first? Chiarelli would be lucky to get a bucket of pucks for him right now.

im gonna have to agree, i really dont like him but after the way he played in the playoffs he deserves another chance

captaintek33
07-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Sturm-Savard-Kobasew
Kessel-Bergeron-Murray
Lucic-Krecji-Ryder
Axelsson-Sobotka-Schaeffer

patriotsrock2k2
07-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Axelsson-Savard-Ryder
Sturm-Bergeron-Kobasew
Lucic-Kessel-Murray
Nokelainen-Krejci-Sobotka

wish i could swap murray and his 4 mil for schaeffer though

Hockeyras
07-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Axelsson-Savard-Ryder
Sturm-Bergeron-Kobasew
Lucic-Kessel-Murray
Nokelainen-Krejci-Sobotka

wish i could swap murray and his 4 mil for schaeffer though

Why are you putting a career 3rd line wing on the first line? Axelsson makes that line worthless. He just makes it more defense than offense, just curious why you chose ax

Lord Byron 34
07-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Why are you putting a career 3rd line wing on the first line? Axelsson makes that line worthless. He just makes it more defense than offense, just curious why you chose ax

I agree that PJ is more of a checking line type, but let's not forget that the Bruins wasted Brian Rolston's offensive talent all those years on the 3rd line. I could see pairing Axelsson on the second line with Kessel because he is both fast and unselfish, but the first line seems like a bit of a stretch. Having said all of this, my bet is that Julien keeps PJ on the 3rd line next season.

Shaiza
07-03-2008, 08:35 PM

Of course value wise he will never be lower. Though he has shown some life in the playoffs, we can't afford a player like him ($2,100,000).
Why not give him a chance? Because he has a fat contract and we already are being overcrowded with young forwards. If we can get rid of his contract, then that is a plus for us.

Wheeler has a great chance of coming up to Boston this year. He has Kessel type skills and could easily be put in a situation as Kessel was in his first year. This guy has been watched for a bit and I believe with a strong camp, he will be up with Boston.

AngusYoungRocks
07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Sturm-Savard-Kobasew
Kessel-Bergeron-Murray
Lucic-Krecji-Ryder
Axelsson-Sobotka-Schaeffer

there is no way the Bruins signed Ryder to a 4mill contract to play on the third line. the rest of it looks pretty good though.

NESports2004
07-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Sturm-Savard-Shaeffer=show what he can do with stars and be impressed
Kessel-Bergeron-Ryder=Nasty line
Lucic-Kreicji-Murray
Axelsson-Nokeilinein-Kobasew

Hopefully we upgrade Murray!

Im liking this time maybe with the acquisition of a big name player we can compete at the top.

abourne13
07-04-2008, 12:53 PM
I have been trying to think of line combinations but I can't decide. The only ones I do think have to be line-mates are:

Savard & Ryder - If they are together then you know Ryder's stats will go back up and maybe even surpass 2 years ago.

Sturm & Bergeron - These two are perfect together. Many goals will be scored if they both stay healthy.

CTdolfan
07-05-2008, 08:41 PM
IMO

kobasew-savard-ryder
kessel-bergeron-sturm
lucic-krejci-schafer/murray
axlesson-nokeilinein-schafer/murray

powerplay- sturm-savard-rider...bergeron and chara on the point=NASTY

abourne13
07-05-2008, 09:02 PM
powerplay- sturm-savard-rider...bergeron and chara on the point=NASTY

Oh man, I never thought about the PP. On paper (or computer screen) that PP lineup looks amazing.

homie564
07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Sturm-Savard-Shaeffer=show what he can do with stars and be impressed
Kessel-Bergeron-Ryder=Nasty line
Lucic-Kreicji-Murray
Axelsson-Nokeilinein-Kobasew

Hopefully we upgrade Murray!

Im liking this time maybe with the acquisition of a big name player we can compete at the top.

Bolded all ur problems

Issue With Line 1

Ryder will definitely be on the first line and Sturm and Bergeron= Destroy the opposing defense and SCHAEFER ON LINE 1????? thats the equivalent of saying lets pull some random guy off the streets of Florida and let him play 1st line. that line will look something like this...

Lucic/Kobasew---Savard---Ryder

Issue With Line 2

u have ryder... the guy we just signed to a 3 yr 12 million$$ deal on the second line???? LMAO!!!!! and Kessel plays well with Kreijci so hell be a 3rd liner again this year. that line will look something like this...

Lucic/Kobasew---Bergeron---Sturm

Issue With Line 3

i believe Lucic will deffinitely be a 1st or 2nd liner this year the other two look good to me though. that line will look some thing like this...

Kessel---Krejci---Murray

Issue With Line 4

Kobasew is waayyyyyyyy too good to be on that line and again the other two look good. that line will look something like this...

Axelsson---Nokelainen---Schaeffer

i dont meanto trash you but i speak for myself when i say these lines make a lot more sense IMHO

patriotsrock2k2
07-06-2008, 01:03 AM

i knew someone would say something and all i was really trying to do is see what people say. I just like how well savard and axelsson work together and couldn't give a reason for anyone else to be there. maybe swapping lucic and axelsson would be good because axelsson and kessel could probably work very well together. i still think we need and better offensive threat on the first line left wing regardless. there are too many players on this team that can be thrown on any line and be good - too much parity

Bruins37
07-06-2008, 05:47 AM
man I like that PP

Sturm-Savard-Ryder and Bergeron and chara on the point
and I think we can get a decent 2nd line aswell

Lucic?/kobasew-Krejci-Kessel point-Wideman(if resigned, he should be) Murray? (hm mabye move kobasew here and put murray on the wing)

Hockeyras
09-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Anyone know the line combinations for the first game? Curious how close we came...except I doubt anyone had yelle on the team for this year lol

Shaiza
09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
If anyone is interested, this is how the line combinations went for the first game.
no particular order:

Kessel-Bergeron-Sturm
Bitz-Reich-Thornton
Axelsson-Krejci-Wheeler
Marchand-Sobotka-Marquadt

Alberts-Ference
McQuaid-Ward
..I can't remember the other two.

Phil Kessel protected Sturmie and threw around Andrei Kostitsyn. Great sign from the youngster. He got tougher.
Bergeron and Kessel looked great together on the PP and Even strength. Maybe Kobasew will play 3rd line this year, we'll see. I'm seeing great chemistry. 8-3 ******** on Montreal.