PDA

View Full Version : Maggette

fins08
07-02-2008, 11:29 AM
The Heat, however, did make overtures during Tuesday's first day of free agency to forward Corey Maggette, who also opted out of his Clippers contract Monday and would have to be renounced by the Clippers to make room for Davis. ...

-Sun-Sentinel

He is only going to get the MLE, only if a slight chance happens where Philly and Memphis offer more. Does not fill a need, but would push us more likely to trade Marion. Maggette is a beast.

Trade/Telfair/Chalmers/FA- One of those
Wade
Maggette
B-Easy
FA/Trade

noturnormalhero
07-02-2008, 11:35 AM
the spurs are the front runner and will prolly offer him a long term contract which is something i cant see miami doing. not to mention they are the spurs, they are yearly contenders. sure he'd rather play there. if the heat did offer him a long term, then yes. a wade,beasley,magette lineup would be nice. still would leave us with a whole in C and PG. another thing.. some of u that wanted this amazing Baron Davis,wade,marion,beasley,brand nonsense of a lineup is. whoever we get now, very doubtful they will be us in 2 years. if we get telfair for example. u think that's going to be who we are sticking with for the future? obviously not. we have holes not just in the sense of the future, but holes as in no one decent enough to play in them! we need bench players, i would take brent barry just to fill that void opposed to a DL leaguer. this is year 1 of a new era. u cant expect to have ALL your pieces in one shot. right now we are signing players to get by for the next few years. if we could sign someone for 1-2 years. pay off wade and a big name or 2..then maybe those 1-2 could sign again for 1-2 as bench players. next year i just expect improvement (cant see how we wouldnt). i want to see the wade beasley chemistry. want to see the new style of coaching. playoff berth would be a bonus. but how far would u expect us to go with a eh bench that it looks like we're going to have? i rather have a chance at a lottery pick. u never know what could happen. ask the bulls and their 1.7%

Kimbosliced
07-02-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't really think we will get Maggette, although I wouldn't mind it. It looks like Marion will stay with us, I'm almost positive now. We should probably pick up either Lue or Telfair for real cheap.

ATX
07-02-2008, 11:39 AM
I know it doesn't fill a need, but it sets us up for next year. Think about it...If Maggette would accept the MLE from us, then we have to pull that trigger immediatley. You can bet your ***** that if the sixers can't pry away J Smith from Atlanta, and they won't, that they'll offer Maggette more than the Heat can...So I seriously doubt that we can get him. But I sure hope we do!!

17 million in cap space
Wade
Maggette
Beasely
17 million in cap space

Kimbosliced
07-02-2008, 11:42 AM
First, I disagree with the above statement. Yes, it is kind of a rebuilding year, but we should definately make the playoffs with a healthy Wade. Our bench is decent, especially if we get a Barry like you were saying. However, the bench is not as beneficial in making the playoffs. Succeeding, yes, but making, no. Now if we get rid of Marion for some salary cap room or a center + decent SF, we'll be doing really well. The pg situation will work itself out. I'd like to see where we go with all this. Think about our bench in 06--besides Posey we weren't that great. We were built around 2 superstars, now we have 3. Just something to keep in mind.

ATX
07-02-2008, 11:46 AM
You could quote the response your reffering to, because it looks as if your responding to my post...as you said "I disagree with the above statement"...just a suggestion.

noturnormalhero
07-02-2008, 12:10 PM
First, I disagree with the above statement. Yes, it is kind of a rebuilding year, but we should definately make the playoffs with a healthy Wade. Our bench is decent, especially if we get a Barry like you were saying. However, the bench is not as beneficial in making the playoffs. Succeeding, yes, but making, no. Now if we get rid of Marion for some salary cap room or a center + decent SF, we'll be doing really well. The pg situation will work itself out. I'd like to see where we go with all this. Think about our bench in 06--besides Posey we weren't that great. We were built around 2 superstars, now we have 3. Just something to keep in mind.

i never mentioned if we should or shouldnt. said if we didnt..wouldnt be a bad thing. that the most important thing is improvement within the team..our bench is not decent. our bench is below average. and how can u say the bench is not beneficial in making the playoffs? u think the celtics didnt utilize baby davis, powell,pj brown,cassell and house throughout the year? the bench is critical. look at the 2006 championship season with us. we had a vet in payton backing up jwill..which in case u forgot hit some big shots in the playoffs and finals.. jones who plays defense at least..unlike ricky davis and posey AND mourning coming off the bench. think what ur saying before u say it. the bench is critical. look at at teams who won the title or make it to the finals. spurs. pistons. lakers. celtics. look at their bench..and honestly tell me that it doesnt matter.

noturnormalhero
07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
just saw that the celtics offered contracts to magette and posey. wow lol.

daleja424
07-02-2008, 09:08 PM
jeeze...where will they play?!?

letsgofish
07-02-2008, 09:09 PM
no they didnt. they have to choose 1

Master Mind
07-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Trade Marion to Golden State for Ellis
Sign Maggette

Ellis
Wade
Maggette
Beasley
???

daleja424
07-02-2008, 09:14 PM
if GS would agree then DONE... or even sign josh smith with the freed up money...

noturnormalhero
07-02-2008, 09:21 PM
for the sake of freeing up money...i'm so down for a marion trade for a prospect or 2 and a 1st round pick lol. my mindset is long term. GS and the Clips have more than 50% of their team on Free agency right now. ish is crazy

twissst89
07-02-2008, 09:26 PM
If we can get Ellis for Marion that wud be perfect. If not id do Marion for Randolph.It wud give us a prospect and it wud give us enough money to sign Ellis, Smith, or Iguodola. If philly goes after Josh Smith too hard they might let Iguodola slip.

daleja424
07-02-2008, 09:28 PM
How about Marion/Banks/Blount for Harrington/Biedrins... also freeing up 10 mil in the process and then offer it to monta... we could really really screw GS with this...

Ellis/Chalmers
wade/cook
Beasley/Wright
Harrington/Haslem
Biedrins/Brwon/Zo

daleja424
07-02-2008, 09:29 PM
If we can get Ellis for Marion that wud be perfect. If not id do Marion for Randolph.It wud give us a prospect and it wud give us enough money to sign Ellis, Smith, or Iguodola. If philly goes after Josh Smith too hard they might let Iguodola slip.

good point... i would trade marion for randolph... if it cleared the cap room to go after FA's...

twissst89
07-02-2008, 09:38 PM
How about Marion/Banks/Blount for Harrington/Biedrins... also freeing up 10 mil in the process and then offer it to monta... we could really really screw GS with this...

Ellis/Chalmers
wade/cook
Beasley/Wright
Harrington/Haslem
Biedrins/Brwon/Zo

I dont think theyd do it and i dont think 10 mil is enough for Monta. I think best case wud be Marion for Monta str8 up cus wed get another franchise player and free up money. 2nd option would be Marion for Randolph which will give us a prospect for the future and free up the full 17 mil. Id feel much safer goin into free agent market with 17 million dollars open. Id even do Marion for Marco Bellineli and a 1st round pick.

noturnormalhero
07-02-2008, 09:39 PM
the 76ers got a ways to go

Andre Miller (god i hope the Heat can get him down the line)
Louis Williams ( FA)
Iggy (FA)
Thaddeus Young (dope prospect)
Dalembert (huge contract)

nothing else there i'd want that's possible besides iggy.
their main reserves..

speights (F-C)
willie green
reggie evans.

just wow. that team needs more than Josh Smith. lol.

daleja424
07-02-2008, 09:41 PM
I dont think theyd do it and i dont think 10 mil is enough for Monta. I think best case wud be Marion for Monta str8 up cus wed get another franchise player and free up money. 2nd option would be Marion for Randolph which will give us a prospect for the future and free up the full 17 mil. Id feel much safer goin into free agent market with 17 million dollars open. Id even do Marion for Marco Bellineli and a 1st round pick.

ya... i guess. I was forgetting that he were like wayyyy under that cap...

Master Mind
07-02-2008, 09:44 PM
I know this is off topic but there's a poll on ESPN-NBA section about which pair of teammates are going to have the most success together...This is how the percentage of votes play out as of now

1-Davis and Brand-37%
2-Wade and Beasley-33%
3-Oneal and Bosh-21%
4-Rose and Gordon-5%
5-Jefferson and Redd-4%

noturnormalhero
07-02-2008, 09:46 PM

Ellis/Chalmers
wade/cook
Beasley/Wright
Harrington/Haslem
Biedrins/Brwon/Zo

we'd definitely screw them with that but i cant see them letting ellis go now that bdizzle left. they'd have to pick up someone then..doubt they'd want a duhon or telfair too or a banks/quinn type dude. spurs trying to go younger it seems. duncan stated it in the press conference followin the spurs departure. they interested in magette..i would say send marion there but have u looked at that lineup?! besides the main 3 (duncan,ginobli,parker) there isnt someone i'm like I REALLY WANT HIM.

twissst89
07-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Wut might be the most fair trade is Marion and Haslem for Ellis. I have always been against trading Haslem but it would free up around 14 mil and wud give us Ellis. We wud be adding 2 franchise players.

Mambo Kings
07-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Wut might be the most fair trade is Marion and Haslem for Ellis. I have always been against trading Haslem but it would free up around 14 mil and wud give us Ellis. We wud be adding 2 franchise players.

I don't know that Ellis is the answer, but I'm in favor of trading both Haslem and Marion. The reason? Marion has one year left on his current deal and Miami should not give him the huge extension he wants. I expect him gone after this season. That leaves Udonis...and by the way, we now have Beasley. So, any trade involving both Udonis and Marion I view as just trading Haslem since B-Easy can take over the PF spot (and Marion I consider gone anyway).

twissst89
07-03-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't know that Ellis is the answer, but I'm in favor of trading both Haslem and Marion. The reason? Marion has one year left on his current deal and Miami should not give him the huge extension he wants. I expect him gone after this season. That leaves Udonis...and by the way, we now have Beasley. So, any trade involving both Udonis and Marion I view as just trading Haslem since B-Easy can take over the PF spot (and Marion I consider gone anyway).

Yea but that trade clears like 14 mil off our salary cap. Not only wud we have Ellis but it would give us enough money to get Iguodla or Smith or Biedrins or Okafor. Getting 1 of those players alone would be worth it. Ellis is a bonus. Even if Ellis couldnt make that transiton to point i wud have no problem paying him 10 mil to be the sixth man(very worst case scenerio) for the next 5 years. We need a bench anyway. It would be an offseason that we added 3franchise players. Looks more then fair for Golden State I dont c why it couldnt happen.

nmoney89
07-03-2008, 11:05 AM
The Miami Heat is believed to be preparing a sign-and-trade offer for Los Angeles Clippers forward Elton Brand, recognizing the need to supplement No. 2 overall pick Michael Beasley to appease superstar Dwyane Wade, who can become an unrestricted free agent in 2010.

Source: Newsday

kntresistheheat
07-03-2008, 11:51 AM
It seems like where one of the other team's that made an offer to maggette, and I take it's for the MLE??? Are we trying to reunite maggette and brand??:confused:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA.070308.SPurs.Maggette.EN.19e8e0f2.html

Master Mind
07-03-2008, 12:08 PM
The Miami Heat is believed to be preparing a sign-and-trade offer for Los Angeles Clippers forward Elton Brand, recognizing the need to supplement No. 2 overall pick Michael Beasley to appease superstar Dwyane Wade, who can become an unrestricted free agent in 2010.

Source: Newsday

Whats that suppose to mean?!:mad: