PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think houston are good enough?

TMAC94
07-02-2008, 11:19 AM
yes houston have been out of the playoffs in the first round many times, if tmacs healthy and yao doesnt get a freak injury and possibly get that third star, does anyone see houston going deep in the playoffs?

ishouldbeagm
07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
wut does their rotation look like so far for next year?

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
yes houston have been out of the playoffs in the first round many times, if tmacs healthy and yao doesnt get a freak injury and possibly get that third star, does anyone see houston going deep in the playoffs?

I think the team they have now they are a favorite along with the Lakers and Spurs.

PG Rafer/Jackson/Brooks
SG T-mac/Francis/Head
SF Battier/Harris/Novak
PF Scola/Hayes/Landry
C Yao/Deke

They have the defense and as long as Yao and T-mac both get 25 a piece they could virtually be ok with all the other starters getting 10 ppg.

Actually I think for them to really really make some noise, they need to trade Battier and maybe Francis or Landry to the Kings for Artest. Artest is just as good as Battier on defense and he provides a 3rd scoring option for the team especially if Yao or T-mac miss a few games in the season.

Dirty Dirk41
07-02-2008, 11:41 AM
This is quite an easy answer....YES!!!!! Yao is one of the most dominant Centers in the league. If him and T-MAC play All 82 games that team could win a championship imo. Strong defense and a deep bench. They Need a Backup center also, Deke is ANCIENT!

m26555
07-02-2008, 11:42 AM
I think the team they have now they are a favorite along with the Lakers and Spurs.

PG Rafer/Jackson/Brooks
SG T-mac/Francis/Head
SF Battier/Harris/Novak
PF Scola/Hayes/Landry
C Yao/Deke

They have the defense and as long as Yao and T-mac both get 25 a piece they could virtually be ok with all the other starters getting 10 ppg.

Actually I think for them to really really make some noise, they need to trade Battier and maybe Francis or Landry to the Kings for Artest. Artest is just as good as Battier on defense and he provides a 3rd scoring option for the team especially if Yao or T-mac miss a few games in the season.
They are far from being a top three team in the West..New Orleans, Utah, Phoenix, Dallas, and now possibly even the Clippers are all better teams along with the Lakers and San Antonio. I wouldn't even discount Golden State depending on what they do in free agency (the loss of Baron Davis is not going to hurt them as much as everyone thinks).

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 11:49 AM
They are far from being a top three team in the West..New Orleans, Utah, Phoenix, Dallas, and now possibly even the Clippers are all better teams along with the Lakers and San Antonio. I wouldn't even discount Golden State depending on what they do in free agency (the loss of Baron Davis is not going to hurt them as much as everyone thinks).

Please let's be real. Yao missed virtually 30 games last year and the team finished 2 games from the #1 seed and this was with them starting 24-20. they basically went 31-7 after that with Yao gone nearly 30 of those games.

Phoenix nor Dallas nor Utah are better with no additions period.

New Orleans is debateable.

_Sn1P3r_
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
This is quite an easy answer....YES!!!!! Yao is one of the most dominant Centers in the league. If him and T-MAC play All 82 games that team could win a championship imo. Strong defense and a deep bench. They Need a Backup center also, Deke is ANCIENT!

They also need solid 3-pt shooters that can be consistent night in and night out. They got players that could shoot the 3 but they need pure shooters such as Kapono, Korver IMO.

TMAC94
07-02-2008, 11:56 AM

PG Rafer/Jackson/Brooks
SG T-mac/Francis/Head
SF Battier/Harris/Novak
PF Scola/Hayes/Landry
C Yao/Deke

i want the aretes thing too, but will morey offer that?

Joshtd1
07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Please let's be real. Yao missed virtually 30 games last year and the team finished 2 games from the #1 seed and this was with them starting 24-20. they basically went 31-7 after that with Yao gone nearly 30 of those games.

I know you are a Bulls fan and everything..but Im just curious, why do you always think they the Rockets are going to be finals contenders and a top team? Sorry if I sound like Im bashing, but what have they done recently to merit that?

m26555
07-02-2008, 11:57 AM

Exactly; they were better WITHOUT Yao, proving how overrated the man actually is. He has failed to make it out of the first round with one of the best players in the game in Tracy McGrady on his team. Utah abused them in the 2006-07 playoffs, and this Rocket team is essentially the same as that squad. Dallas was in the Finals just two years ago, and Phoenix can beat anyone in the West except San Antonio. And for you to say that New Orleans being better is "debatable" is absolutely ridiculous. They have the best PG in the league and just made the WCF. Paul would eat your team alive and Tyson Chandler's athleticism would give Yao fits. Come on. Let's see Houston win a playoff series before you dub them an elite team.

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2008, 11:58 AM
no...............I love the rockets, but this team will do nothing unless they

a.) trade tmac
b.) trade yao
c.) add a significant piece (that can close out games) to play along side tmac and yao

otherwise it will be another 1 and done...............even if they are healthy

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 12:01 PM
I know you are a Bulls fan and everything..but Im just curious, why do you always think they the Rockets are going to be finals contenders and a top team? Sorry if I sound like Im bashing, but what have they done recently to merit that?

Well I believe they have two top 10 players in the league and it is the ideal combo as well. A wing player and a big man.
If you have 2 top 10 players that are a wing and a big then you should be good enough to get to the finals barring you have some decent support which the Rockets do have.

m26555
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Well I believe they have two top 10 players in the league and it is the ideal combo as well. A wing player and a big man.
If you have 2 top 10 players that are a wing and a big then you should be good enough to get to the finals barring you have some decent support which the Rockets do have.
Really? Then how come they haven't made it out of the first round yet? If you seriously believe that Yao is a top 10 player you are kidding yourself, and even McGrady is debatable at this stage.

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
regular season wised..they are good..but i hope they can make it pass the first round

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Exactly; they were better WITHOUT Yao, proving how overrated the man actually is. He has failed to make it out of the first round with one of the best players in the game in Tracy McGrady on his team. Utah abused them in the 2006-07 playoffs, and this Rocket team is essentially the same as that squad. Dallas was in the Finals just two years ago, and Phoenix can beat anyone in the West except San Antonio. And for you to say that New Orleans being better is "debatable" is absolutely ridiculous. They have the best PG in the league and just made the WCF. Paul would eat your team alive and Tyson Chandler's athleticism would give Yao fits. Come on. Let's see Houston win a playoff series before you dub them an elite team.

well, garnett hadnt done crap until this year..do oyu consider him overrated? wait, he didnt do anything in the finals..my bad...

m26555
07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
These are the top 10 players in the league in my opinion (in no order):

Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Allen Iverson
Chris Paul
Dirk Nowitzki
Paul Pierce
Dwight Howard
Dwyane Wade

Yao is nowhere NEAR that list, and McGrady is probably somewhere in the top 20.

m26555
07-02-2008, 12:08 PM
well, garnett hadnt done crap until this year..do oyu consider him overrated? wait, he didnt do anything in the finals..my bad...
I can guarantee you that if Garnett had Tracy McGrady on his team in all those years when he had NO ONE in Minnesota, he would have several rings. If you are seriously comparing Yao Ming to Kevin Garnett, then you need to get your head checked. And he didn't do anything in the Finals? Oh..I guess his 26 points and 14 boards in the clinching game six was nothing, right? And to say Garnett "hadn't done crap" until this year has to be the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard. Think before you post.

ra8erfan111
07-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Yao is decent when healthy, but can McGrady play two full seasons in a row? I think it's a matter of time that his back will give out again. I agree that you guys might want to look for another scoring threat so McGrady doesn't have to put this team on his back (which is why he gets those spasms). I Like the reply about maybe trading for Artest.

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I can guarantee you that if Garnett had Tracy McGrady on his team in all those years when he had NO ONE in Minnesota, he would have several rings. If you are seriously comparing Yao Ming to Kevin Garnett, then you need to get your head checked. And he didn't do anything in the Finals? Oh..I guess his 26 points and 14 boards in the clinching game six was nothing, right? And to say Garnett "hadn't done crap" until this year has to be the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard. Think before you post.

so the only year where he had been a stud is when he had two other scorers right? (sam cassell and sprewell) and (ray allen and pierce) so i guess yao needs two other guys who can put up more than 18 points per game...good arguement by the way..burn!

m26555
07-02-2008, 12:12 PM
so the only year where he had been a stud is when he had two other scorers right? (sam cassell and sprewell) and (ray allen and pierce) so i guess yao needs two other guys who can put up more than 18 points per game...good arguement by the way..burn!
Wow. You're a moron. He wasn't a stud before his MVP season? He didn't consistently put up 23 and 13, 21 and 12, etc. numbers before Cassell and Sprewell arrived? And what has Yao done WITH McGrady? BURN. Seriously how old are you? 10?

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:12 PM
yao owned dwight howard so many times...he made dwight look superman-less

m26555
07-02-2008, 12:14 PM
yao owned dwight howard so many times...he made dwight look superman-less
Wow. Now I know I'm arguing with a child who is no older than 10.

1. You basically said Garnett was a mediocre player until he had Cassell and Sprewell.
2. You just said Yao made Howard look "superman-less."

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Wow. You're a moron. He wasn't a stud before his MVP season? He didn't consistently put up 23 and 13, 21 and 12, etc. numbers before Cassell and Sprewell arrived? And what has Yao done WITH McGrady? BURN.

and he was out of the playoff every year until sam and spree and ray and pierce...in my opinion, that isnt stud-like at all...just because he is a stat machine, it doesnt say much cause josh smith is a stat machine and lamar odom is a sta machine and they are just good role players...

m26555
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
and he was out of the playoff every year until sam and spree and ray and pierce...in my opinion, that isnt stud-like at all...just because he is a stat machine, it doesnt say much cause josh smith is a stat machine and lamar odom is a sta machine and they are just good role players...
HAHAHAHAHAHA. How many times has Yao been out of the first round? Oh..that's right. NONE, and that's WITH McGrady on his team. And are you SERIOUSLY calling Garnett a role player? Go watch your afternoon cartoons, buddy.

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:17 PM

1. You basically said Garnett was a mediocre player until he had Cassell and Sprewell.

i didnt say he was mediocre..i think oyur argument of saying yao is overrated cause the rockets were winning is stupid and ignorant..in my opinion, you just dont like the rockets....and you are basing that of the success they had last season..anyone who thinks a guy who is 7'5 and average 20 and ten in a season is overrated..is truly a moron...especially when he's making an argument saying that kg isn't overrated eventhough his numbers are similar to yao when it comes down to scoring and rebounding...

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Iverson and Dirk aren't top 10 players imo.................when healthy I'd say Yao is a top 10 player, because he's far more effective than Iverson or Dirk.

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA. How many times has Yao been out of the first round? Oh..that's right. NONE, and that's WITH McGrady on his team. And are you SERIOUSLY calling Garnett a role player? Go watch your afternoon cartoons, buddy.

i didnt say that at all..you need to do more readin especailly for a guy who is supposed to be older..burn!

m26555
07-02-2008, 12:19 PM
i didnt say he was mediocre..i think oyur argument of saying yao is overrated cause the rockets were winning is stupid and ignorant..in my opinion, you just dont like the rockets....and you are basing that of the success they had last season..anyone who thinks a guy who is 7'5 and average 20 and ten in a season is overrated..is truly a moron...especially when he's making an argument saying that kg isn't overrated eventhough his numbers are similar to yao when it comes down to scoring and rebounding...
Oh I'm a moron, huh? But a guy who calls a former MVP and arguably the best PF to ever play the game a "role player" isn't? And what does the fact that Yao is 7'5" have to do with ANYTHING? Actually, thank you. That proves even MORE that he's overrated, because a guy with that kind of size should be able to win 65 games easily with Tracy McGrady on his team.

m26555
07-02-2008, 12:20 PM
i didnt say that at all..you need to do more readin especailly for a guy who is supposed to be older..burn!
This is what you said:

"and he was out of the playoff every year until sam and spree and ray and pierce...in my opinion, that isnt stud-like at all...just because he is a stat machine, it doesnt say much cause josh smith is a stat machine and lamar odom is a sta machine and they are just good role players..."

You're likening Garnett to Smith and Odom, two players whom you said are "role players." Learn how to write then. BURN. Moron.

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Iverson and Dirk aren't top 10 players imo.................when healthy I'd say Yao is a top 10 player, because he's far more effective than Iverson or Dirk.

i would put dirk in it but take iverson out...
my list would be
1. kobe
2. duncan
3. lbj
4. d. williams
5. paul
6. kg
7. dirk
8. yao
9. pierce
10. nash

????
07-02-2008, 12:21 PM
if the rockets traded t-mac for chauncey billups and tayshaun prince i think it would benefit them a lot

1-Chauncey
2-Francis
3-Prince
4-Scola
5-Yao

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:23 PM
"and he was out of the playoff every year until sam and spree and ray and pierce...in my opinion, that isnt stud-like at all...just because he is a stat machine, it doesnt say much cause josh smith is a stat machine and lamar odom is a sta machine and they are just good role players..."

You're likening Garnett to Smith and Odom, two players whom you said are "role players." Learn how to write then. BURN. Moron.

i compare his stats to both of them...but since they are stat machine..they are no better than role payers..i never said anything about garnett being a role player...i just said his stats are great but overall, other guys put up the same stats and they aren't consider great

edison_yia
07-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Oh I'm a moron, huh? But a guy who calls a former MVP and arguably the best PF to ever play the game a "role player" isn't? And what does the fact that Yao is 7'5" have to do with ANYTHING? Actually, thank you. That proves even MORE that he's overrated, because a guy with that kind of size should be able to win 65 games easily with Tracy McGrady on his team.

have you ever seen a guy who is 7'5 and is that good? shawn bradley, manute bol and big Z were never in the level of yao...and being at that size is quite impressive because big guys do have histories of foot injuries..gosh, so much for a sport jock...you dont even know the damn sport....i cant beleive you are saying the taller you are the better you are supposed to be..then i guess paul and a.i. are overachievers in the league...

ra8erfan111
07-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Where is D. Wade at? Replace Dirk with D. Wade

astrosmaniac
07-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok, you two stop arguing. there are several things you both need to understand.

1. Garnett has been a top 5 player in this league for years

2. No player can go deep in the plaoffs alone, except LBJ and i still dont know how he pulled that finals run out of that crapy team

3. The only years that T-Mac and Yao were both healthy in the playoffs was in the 2006-2007 playoffs against the jazz.

4. That 06-07 team is nowhere near this last years team. Rafer had a career year last year. Scola and Landry hare much better than Juan Howard. Luther head was playing backup PG in 06-07 and hes worse trhan Bobby Jackson.

5. In the 06-07 playoffs, you CAN NOT, I repeat, CAN NOT, blame that loss on T-Mac and Yao. McGrady scored 25 PPG on 40% from the floor with 7.3 APG and 6 RPG. Yao Averaged 10.3 RPG and 25 PPG. Those are better than the numbers that Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett put up in these playoffs.

6. If healthy, the rockets are a top 4 team in the west, maybe 5. Th Only teams better than them are LA and SA, with Utah and NO being even or slightly worse

frizbo72
07-02-2008, 12:38 PM
This is not a est player thread, it's whether Houston will be any good! I think they have two of the most talented players in the league but they don't play well together. They are much better with one or the other out. Perferably Ming. But T-mac is past his prime (as shown in this years playoffs). The deserve respect and can win on any given day but after going out two years in a row with home court they missed their chances. They need to make some big changes and bring in some younger talent. As talented as they are or were they are only 7th or 8th in the West at best. Sorry Houston fans but that is MY opinion.

frizbo72
07-02-2008, 12:44 PM
6. If healthy, the rockets are a top 4 team in the west, maybe 5. Th Only teams better than them are LA and SA, with Utah and NO being even or slightly worse[/QUOTE]

Now that was dumb! They have the best two young guards in the league and they are getting better every year. Both teams are younger then Houston and both have legit shots this year. Houston fans can't say anything bad about Utah til they beat them. Until then Utah is the better team. And Chris Paul would run circle around what ever his name is that claims to be a starting PG in the NBA.

astrosmaniac
07-02-2008, 12:46 PM
^^ we split the season series against NO plus, the jazz only lost like 8 games at home all year including playoffs. we beat them twice in Utah without YAO. notice this is IF HEALTHY

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 12:47 PM
I think a healthy Rocket team next season (assuming no additions are made, which is impossible to assume at this point) IS somewhere in the top 3 or 4 teams in the league. I see people keep saying that the Rockets played better without Yao, but lets look at the facts.... They had a horrible start (15-17) with a very tough schedule and learning a brand new offense with a completely different coach. Also, Scolandry hadn't really developed early on in the season, but really came on during that winning streak. People forget that half of that winning streak was WITH Yao, so its not like they were "better" without him... its just that things were starting to come together towards the end of the season.

I will admit that he's had a harder time than others adjusting to Adelman's system, but watching those first few games of that streak, it looked like he was really catching up before that injury.

With a full year under this collective group's belt, if they could stay healthy I actually think they're better than everyone in the West with the sole exception of the Lakers (only with Bynum, without I would actually argue that they're better).

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 12:49 PM
^^ we split the season series against NO plus, the jazz only lost like 8 games at home all year including playoffs. we beat them twice in Utah without YAO. notice this is IF HEALTHY

Also, I think its worth nothing that Rafer Alston was out those first two losses against Utah, so we were without 2 of our 3 best offensive players for the first two games of that series. And they STILL struggled to beat us.

ra8erfan111
07-02-2008, 12:54 PM
I think Houston is about the 7th or 8th best team in the west. The following teams are better and not in any order: S.A., LAL, LAC, DAL, N.O., UTAH, and POR. Portland looks promising with Oden playing this year, and with the recent proposed signing of B. Davis, I believe the clippers will be better than Houston. JUST MY OPINION! THAT'S WHY IT'S MY OPINION!

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 12:57 PM
I think Houston is about the 7th or 8th best team in the west. The following teams are better and not in any order: S.A., LAL, LAC, DAL, N.O., UTAH, and POR. Portland looks promising with Oden playing this year, and with the recent proposed signing of B. Davis, I believe the clippers will be better than Houston. JUST MY OPINION! THAT'S WHY IT'S MY OPINION!

You should express your opinion less often.

frizbo72
07-02-2008, 01:24 PM
You should express your opinion less often.

And so should you. Anybody that is making an argument that Houston is legit and then says Rafer is their third best player is killing his own arguement.

RaptorsFanCB4
07-02-2008, 03:38 PM
http://http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/palmbeachpost/masks/mask_shaq.jpg

RaptorsFanCB4
07-02-2008, 03:38 PM
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/palmbeachpost/masks/mask_shaq.jpg

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 03:46 PM
And so should you. Anybody that is making an argument that Houston is legit and then says Rafer is their third best player is killing his own arguement.

I said third best OFFENSIVE player... not 3rd best (I'd actually say hes 5th behind Battier and Scola overall). And considering they were 4th in the standings last year with an injured Yao (probably would have finished 1st or 2nd with him healthy), how do the possibly drop all the way to 7th or 8th? That makes no sense and I think you have no idea what you're talking about.

Packersfan
07-02-2008, 04:02 PM
yeah but their health is a big if.

FOBolous
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM

wow...i respect it when people say Houston's not an elite team or title contender...i also can take it if people thinks SA, LAL, and NO are better than the Rockets but all those other teams...c'mon now...

DAL sucked last year...they finished 7th in the western conference before getting bounced in the playoffs in the 1st round

LAC...the new team have yet to play together and prove themselves

UTAH...in my opinion...is on the same level as the Rockets

and Portland? are you serious?!?! PORTLAND...c'mon now...they're not even better than Denver as this point

now let's look at the Rockets...they went on a historic 22 game winning streak...half of it was w/o yao...and they finished 5th in the Western Conference despite the fact that they have a better record that Utah, who finished 4th due to league rules...if the standings were base on win/loss alone..the Rockets would've finished 4th. It was just bad luck for them that Yao was injured during the playoffs...otherwise, i have no doubt in my mind the Rockets would've gotten past the 1st round last year cause the Rockets proved that they were more than capable of doing so. How can you seriously say all those other teams are better than the Rockets after all that the Rockets have accomplished?

Yao did made Howard look "superman-less." have you watch any of the Rockets vs Magic games? have you ever watched Yao play against Howard? have you even look at the stats after the game? i'm guessing the answer to all those questions is a "NO" because otherwise...you would've known that Yao owned Howard whenever they play against each other EVERY SINGLE TIME.

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 04:58 PM
wow...i respect it when people say Houston's not an elite team or title contender...i also can take it if people thinks SA, LAL, and NO are better than the Rockets but all those other teams...c'mon now...

DAL sucked last year...they finished 7th in the western conference before getting bounced in the playoffs in the 1st round

LAC...the new team have yet to play together and prove themselves

UTAH...in my opinion...is on the same level as the Rockets

and Portland? are you serious?!?! PORTLAND...c'mon now...they're not even better than Denver as this point

now let's look at the Rockets...they went on a historic 22 game winning streak...half of it was w/o yao...and they finished 5th in the Western Conference despite the fact that they have a better record that Utah, who finished 4th due to league rules...if the standings were base on win/loss alone..the Rockets would've finished 4th. It was just bad luck for them that Yao was injured during the playoffs...otherwise, i have no doubt in my mind the Rockets would've gotten past the 1st round last year cause the Rockets proved that they were more than capable of doing so. How can you seriously say all those other teams are better than the Rockets after all that the Rockets have accomplished?

Yep, only the Spurs and Lakers can be considered better and I think the Hornets and Jazz are right in the mix with the Rockets.

rriders9
07-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I think that the Lakers, Hornets, and Spurs are better. Utah is at the same level as the Rockets but the Jazz get the upper hand in the playoffs because of how good their home court is

Afridi786
07-02-2008, 05:21 PM
No T-Mac will never get out of the first round.

HouRealCoach
07-02-2008, 05:39 PM
No they are not

OUfan4life15
07-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Houston is better then Utah. They were exposed this year against them because they didn't have Yao, and even still they were in the series. Theres NO WAY anyone can possibly sit here and say that Utah would have still won game 1 and 2 in Houston if Yao had been healthy. Hell I'll even say they wouldn't of won them both if Rafer was playing in the them. They won the 2 games Rafer played the whole game, they lost every game he missed any time at all.

You can't compare the 06-07 team to what they are now. They came together last year, the 22 game win streak was a huge sign of that. Not to mention a new coach, new players. Scola came into his own during the season, though I was disappointed in his playoff performance. Landry was a flat out beast off the bench, they just need to hurry and get him resigned. They drafted Joey Dorsey, who I can predict right now will be a solid NBA player, he reminds me of Ben Wallace except with more offensive potential. And they also drafted Donte Greene, I don't know what he's going to do honestly, may not see much time this year, but who knows. He can't be worse the Luther Head, so yeah he should get some time. Not to mention theres still free agency and trades, Rockets are trying to get Brent Barry as we speak, which would give Tmac a suitable back up with experience if they can manage to get him.

Don't judge the team by 06-07, that's just unfair. They've come a long way since then, and if Yao had stayed healthy we wouldn't even be having this discussion as the Rockets would of handled the Jazz in the first round, and who knows what could happen to guys like Tmac and Yao once they finally get out of the first round, all that pressure is off and they could really let loose and do some serious damage. Barring any major season ending injuries this year, the Rockets will get out of the first round, I guarantee it.

frizbo72
07-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Sounds like a soar looser trying to see where the wheels came off. The Roxs wouldn't of even been playing the Jazz if Yao was healthy because they would have never won 22 games in a row. They had some role players step up and play amazing at the end of the season. Having Yao would have just took their playing time and they would have been on the road in the first round and like a broken record outed in the first round still.

frizbo72
07-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Plus they are getting better by having one of the worse 3 teams in the draft results. Come on, Where is the future?

*Superman*
07-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I think they are really overrated. Tmac cannot bring the leadership and explosiveness they need. Yao is just too damn big for his body and they still don't have that third piece.

pippsux
07-02-2008, 06:28 PM
No. We need a 3rd option scorer who can create his own shot, hit 3's and hit free throws. Tmac and Yao are not tough enough, mentally or phyisically to carry a team out of the 1st round, healthy or not. They where both healthy when we went up 2-0 against the Mavs and lost game 7 by 40. They where both healthy when we lost to the Jazz after going up 2-0 and lost game 7 at home.

We need to aggressively go after Maggette or Artest. Both fill the void. We are close, but not close enough.

Chronz
07-02-2008, 06:30 PM
They are good enough to contend but I dont know if they are good enough to beat the Lakers. Anyone who says the Rockets are better off without Yao has ZERO cred. People used to say the same thing about Hakeem in the early 90's where would they have been if they would have listened to ignorance.....

Chronz
07-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I think they are really overrated. Tmac cannot bring the leadership and explosiveness they need. Yao is just too damn big for his body and they still don't have that third piece.
Yao > Superman12

FOBolous
07-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Sounds like a soar looser trying to see where the wheels came off. The Roxs wouldn't of even been playing the Jazz if Yao was healthy because they would have never won 22 games in a row. They had some role players step up and play amazing at the end of the season. Having Yao would have just took their playing time and they would have been on the road in the first round and like a broken record outed in the first round still.

are you freaking serious? that paragraph right there tells me you never even watch ONE rockets' game. The Rockets were losing through the first half of the season and they didn't get out of their losing way until YAO PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK AND GOT THE TEAM TO PLAY TOGETHER. let me say it again...the rockets did not started winning until YAO PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK AND GOT THE TEAM TOGETHER. The winning streak started after Tmac got injured with Yao being the only star player on the team. He got everyone to play together and got everyone into the rhythm they had during the winning streak...and the rhythm continued after he went down.

Before that...before Tmac got injured and before Yao had to carry the team after Tmac got injured...the Rockets were predictable..Tmac dribbles around...and either shoots are pass the ball off to Yao. The role players couldn't step up because...i guess Tmac didn't trust our role players...the ball just went between tmac and yao...the only time our role players got the ball was to shoot 3s.

After Tmac got injured...the offense had to go through Yao and Yao basically carried the team. He scored, rebounded, and distributed the ball..and he distributed the ball well. All the role players had a chance with the ball because Yao passed the ball to them and next thing you know...our role players found their groove and we started winning. Tmac came back from injury and played as part of the team and joined into the rhythm and the rhythm Yao helped create continued after he went down which eventually led to the 22 games winning streak.

basically...to summarize everything...the Rockets didn't started the winning streak until Yao put the team on his shoulders and carried the team after Tmac went down and got the team into rhythm.

It pisses me off when retarted people like you going around saying ******** stuff like "Yao sucks" or "the rockets played better w/o Yao" thinking you know ***** when it's obvious that you never even watch a single Rockets game.

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 06:37 PM

First off... I know how to spell the word "sore" unlike someone. And you're a ****ing idiot if you honestly think the Rockets are a better team without Yao. Apparently you did not read any of my last post whatsoever. Don't be noob... if you're going to argue, actually argue people's points, don't just name call and bring up the same crap in consecutive arguments.

prash
07-02-2008, 06:43 PM
I think Houston's good enough to win it all if they're healthy..

*Superman*
07-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Yao > Superman12

HAHA, Dwight :horse: Yao. Dwight is raw and young, but will be the Best Big Man in the NBA for a long time to come.

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Plus they are getting better by having one of the worse 3 teams in the draft results. Come on, Where is the future?

And how did they have one of the worst drafts? Did you even see who they got and what Morey did? He turned one pick... #25 (Nicholas Batum) into two players, Donte Greene (a guy who many thought could have been a lottery selection) and Joey Dorsey (one of the best defenders in the draft and a key part of that incredible Memphis team), AND Memphis' 2nd round pick next year which will be in the 30's. How is that a bad draft?

Also... why does a team with superstars in their late 20's need to be thinking about the future? When you have players to win now, you win now. Look at the Heat a couple of years ago or the Celtics now.... those teams were built to win the title and nothing else.

And you say Houston is the 7th or 8th best team, but I want to hear why those other teams are better.... Portland DEFINITELY isn't, and the Clippers and Nuggets are in that same category. I think San Antonio and Phoenix have seen better days and are beginning to age (though the Spurs are still easily a top 3 team). Utah and New Orleans are solid young teams, but I still think that this Houston team would beat them when healthy.

FOBolous
07-02-2008, 06:49 PM
HAHA, Dwight :horse: Yao. Dwight is raw and young, but will be the Best Big Man in the NBA for a long time to come.

haha..you're funny...go to this thread:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239302&page=11

FOBolous
07-02-2008, 06:51 PM
And you say Houston is the 7th or 8th best team, but I want to hear why those other teams are better.... Portland DEFINITELY isn't, and the Clippers and Nuggets are in that same category. I think San Antonio and Phoenix have seen better days and are beginning to age (though the Spurs are still easily a top 3 team). Utah and New Orleans are solid young teams, but I still think that this Houston team would beat them when healthy.

I know...that's guy is ******** for saying "houston is the 7th or 8th best team" oh yeea...houston is only good enough to be 7th or 8th...that's why they finished last season with a record good enough to be 4th in the Western Conference :rolleyes: ******. i wonder where he got that from.

baller559
07-02-2008, 06:52 PM
u guys could use ron ron,can create own shot can shoot 3's and can post up. has that pit bull defense that guards anyone,also keeps t-mac fresh on offense.:smoking:can get farther with him.

king2218
07-02-2008, 07:01 PM
I think houston has a good chance of winning next season, if yao and t-mac stay healthy and they add a consistent third scorer (or if francis can be that person). They won 13 straight with yao and 11 straight without him last year. And I think during that stretch, t-mac learned how to utilize his teammates perfectly. Even aganist utah, this team would have won game 6 if rafer alston did not get injured, they were up by 6 when he left the game.

And also, why when it comes to talking about the rockets do people bash T-Mac so much??? Last year 21 ppg, 5 rpg, 6 apg was an "off year" for him. And thats playing the last quarter of the season with a bad shoulder and a bad knee.

Look at last year's playoff numbers:
27 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 7 apg, 42% from the field, 21% from 3pt, 62% from free throw, agreed that the three point and free throws were bad but he did that again on a bad knee and bad shoulder and while utah was throwing fresh defenders on him the whole game, doubled and triple teamed him and dared his teammates to beat him!!

Come playoff time, you give him a healthy yao, and the same team he had last year, even if they are an 8th seed playing the lakers, who doesn't like there chances???

Vegasguy80
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
They were playing above their heads this season. I don't think T-Mac will ever have a completely healthy season. Just don't see them as front runners

king2218
07-02-2008, 07:26 PM
yea he might not have a complete healthy season, but come playoff time IF both him, Yao, Alston ARE completely healthy, even as an 8th seed....watch out for this team. You know that carl landry (if resigned) and luis scola are only gonna get better.

OUfan4life15
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Anyone who thinks the Rockets are better without Yao is stupid, ask any credible person with sports knowledge. Half of the winning streak was with Yao, theres no reason to believe they would have played worse had Yao not got injured, that's just stupid to even think that. They were playing well with Yao and Tmac in the lineup, a 10 game win streak in the nba is still impressive, which I think is around the point where Yao went out. They've been a 50 win team with either Yao or Tmac going down, if they both stay healthy all year they can easily attain 60 wins, good enough for the number 1 seed in the league most likely.

LeonFSU
07-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I gotta say before Yao got injured last year, I really thought the Rockets were going to go deep in the playoffs. I don't see how anyone could expect McGrady to win any of his past playoff series except for 06-07 and against Detroit when he was with Orlando. Those two series were only possible because they both went to seven games and in Orlando they blew a 3-1 lead. He has always played on teams that have inferior talent than the teams he has lost to. In Houston's playoff loss to Utah the two things that did them in were PG and PF play. The impact Scola and Landry had was really underrated. I never expected Alston to play as well as he did last year, so if he can play at that same level this year, I think the Rockets would be right there with the Lakers and Spurs, but only if the Spurs happen to get Maggette.

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 08:27 PM
I think houston has a good chance of winning next season, if yao and t-mac stay healthy and they add a consistent third scorer (or if francis can be that person). They won 13 straight with yao and 11 straight without him last year. And I think during that stretch, t-mac learned how to utilize his teammates perfectly. Even aganist utah, this team would have won game 6 if rafer alston did not get injured, they were up by 6 when he left the game.

And also, why when it comes to talking about the rockets do people bash T-Mac so much??? Last year 21 ppg, 5 rpg, 6 apg was an "off year" for him. And thats playing the last quarter of the season with a bad shoulder and a bad knee.

Look at last year's playoff numbers:
27 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 7 apg, 42% from the field, 21% from 3pt, 62% from free throw, agreed that the three point and free throws were bad but he did that again on a bad knee and bad shoulder and while utah was throwing fresh defenders on him the whole game, doubled and triple teamed him and dared his teammates to beat him!!

Come playoff time, you give him a healthy yao, and the same team he had last year, even if they are an 8th seed playing the lakers, who doesn't like there chances???

This is why I say they need to trade for Artest.

Tblaze
07-02-2008, 08:31 PM
"if healthy"

they probably won't be healty -> they won't be good enough

FOBolous
07-02-2008, 08:35 PM
"if healthy"

they probably won't be healty -> they won't be good enough

lol...i can live with that. but even when the Rockets aren't healthy...they're still one of the best teams in the Western Conference...look at last year...the Rockets finished with a record good enough to be 4th and the year before that...the Rockets were one win away from being 4th against in the rankings.

so a good UNBIAS assessment is that if the Rockets are healthy...that's a big IF...than they're one of the best teams in the NBA...among the elites.

If they're not healthy...they're still a pretty good team but not good enough to get pass the 1st round.

king2218
07-02-2008, 08:49 PM
They were playing above their heads this season. I don't think T-Mac will ever have a completely healthy season. Just don't see them as front runners

They were playing above their heads this past season? Then what about new orleans?? They cant repeat the same year they had with the type of defense they play.

And also what about L.A with their "Above their heads" season? They were running through the league until boston showed how to defend them...DOUBLE KOBE and let gasol TRY to beat you, and we know how that ended up. And whats to say gasol and bynum mesh well??

And whats to say, houston wont play above their heads again this coming season? They are coming back with the same coach, same team (so far), add a role player or two who's able to score off the bench (brent barry, James Jones or Jason Williams) and see how that goes...

*Superman*
07-02-2008, 09:05 PM
haha..you're funny...go to this thread:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239302&page=11

So your telling me that u rather have Yao( probably softer than Shawn Bradley) then Dwight? That doesn't sound right. Didn't i already say that Dwight is young and raw, but still a beast. I know Yao's game is already polished up, buts thats cause he has also been in the league longer. Give Dwight some time and let him reach his potential. Im sure if Dwight was 7'6... Im not even gonna go there.

Tisoykeis
07-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Come on......Houston has a good team, we all know that, but how can you say they are a favorite to win the title when they haven't even won a playoff series since back in 1997!!!!!!!

2008 -- lost to Utah, 4-2, first round

2007 -- lost to Utah, 4-3, first round

2005 -- lost to Dallas, 4-3, first round

2004 -- lost to LA Lakers, 4-1, first round

1999 -- lost to LA Lakers, 3-1, first round

1998 -- lost to Utah, 3-2, in first round

I am tired of hearing about Houston being a contender. At least win a series or two before annointing yourselves Title contenders.

Ridiculous thread!

OUfan4life15
07-02-2008, 09:36 PM
The Lakers nor the Celtics had won a playoff series the previous 3 years and they were both in the championship. If their healthy they should be a top 4 seed , and they should win in the first round. The roster they have now can compete with anyone in the league, as long as they stay healthy they should advance far in the playoffs this year. That's just the big thing for them though, health. They need to seriously rethink everything they do, practice routines, in game minutes, just work it over. Get Yao and Tmac's minutes down and hope it helps with the injury problem.

FOBolous
07-02-2008, 09:39 PM
So your telling me that u rather have Yao( probably softer than Shawn Bradley) then Dwight? That doesn't sound right. Didn't i already say that Dwight is young and raw, but still a beast. I know Yao's game is already polished up, buts thats cause he has also been in the league longer. Give Dwight some time and let him reach his potential. Im sure if Dwight was 7'6... Im not even gonna go there.

so all of Yao's post moves are the results of his height? He superior skills are the results of his height? :rolleyes:

And yes...i'm telling you i rather have Yao (who is not soft) over Howard at this moment and time...why? because Yao has the ability to carry a team (due to his superior offensive abilities) and Dwight Howard doesn't (due to his complete in ability on one end of a the court).

Think about it...on one hand, you have a player who can play on both end of the court...on the other hand, you have a player who can only play on one end of the court. who would you rather have?

and who knows? maybe Howard will get better and learn how to play on both end of the court one day but until than...Yao is better than Dwight Howard.

Chronz
07-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Come on......Houston has a good team, we all know that, but how can you say they are a favorite to win the title when they haven't even won a playoff series since back in 1997!!!!!!!

I am tired of hearing about Houston being a contender. At least win a series or two before annointing yourselves Title contenders.

Ridiculous thread!

What happened in 1998 has nothing to do with THESE Rockets. They are contenders regarless

Chronz
07-02-2008, 10:04 PM
The Lakers nor the Celtics had won a playoff series the previous 3 years and they were both in the championship. If their healthy they should be a top 4 seed , and they should win in the first round. The roster they have now can compete with anyone in the league, as long as they stay healthy they should advance far in the playoffs this year. That's just the big thing for them though, health. They need to seriously rethink everything they do, practice routines, in game minutes, just work it over. Get Yao and Tmac's minutes down and hope it helps with the injury problem.

THANK YOU

Finally a sensible non-Rocket fan posting

astrosmaniac
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Yay for smart, non-biased fans:clap::clap::clap:

FOBolous
07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Yay for smart, non-biased fans:clap::clap::clap:

lol...i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :confused:

skyhibballpj87
07-02-2008, 10:19 PM
so all of Yao's post moves are the results of his height? He superior skills are the results of his height?

And yes...i'm telling you i rather have Yao (who is not soft) over Howard at this moment and time...(who is not soft) than Dwight Howard. why? because Yao has the ability to carry a team (due to his superior offensive abilities) and Dwight Howard (due to his complete in ability on one end of a the court).

Think about it...on one hand, you have a player who can play on both end of the court...on the other hand, you have a player who can only play on one end of the court. who would you rather have?

and who knows? maybe Howard will get better and learn how to play on both end of the court one day but until than...Yao is better than Dwight Howard.

first of all you cant judge the rockets by what they do because they are never a fully healthy team. tmac and yao have played about 60-65 games in each of the past 3 seasons. so they have never really worked together for a full season so you really cannot tell how good this team is. And that loss to utah that was mentioned with both tmac and yao i admit they blew that series up 3-2 and you got home court advantage come on. but they didnt get handled as quoted they played a good series utah just played better and its not just tmac and yao rafer was injured for a good amount of the playoffs . if the rockets can stay healthy and stay defensive minded and scola keeps improving their going to be competitors i think if they stayed healthy they be better then dallas and maybe even phoenix new orleans not sure spurs no but they are up there when they were healthy. and how come everytime a star sits out like yao or arenas sits out the team does better but so it makes them overrated as players. no it doesnt it just means guys are playing harder and when you loose stars other players have to step up and thats what the rockets and washingtion did jaminson had a mvp type season to carry that team to the playoffs without arenas and sometimes butler for the whole season is amazing. But that doesnt make butler or arenas overrated it just means the team stepped up when they had to despite the bad cards they were dealt and that shows true heart.

The dwight yao debate id rather have howard not because yao is quote unquote is soft but because yao has missed around 70-80 games in the past 3 seasons how many has dwight missed a BIG ZERO so yao maybe be better but it doesnt do ya any good when hes on the bench. And yao is not that much better sry at 7-5 you should be leading the lg rebounding easily. ill admit hes better but not by much so id rather take howard who has never missed a game in 4 seasons then yao who is as fragil as glass.

astrosmaniac
07-02-2008, 10:20 PM
lol...i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :confused:

im being serious

frizbo72
07-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Do the Rox's have a good team? Yes. Still can't say they are good enough? Not until they show me differently. We live in a world where words will only get you so far but at the end of the day it's what you did that is all that counts. I have watched great talented teams like Dallas and Phoenix dominate the reg. season and now what do they have to show for it? Nothing and both have older stars and are trying to rebuild. The younger teams such as the Lakers, Utah, and NO are now growing and coming into their own. Where do the Rox's stand. Well they have a awesome bunch of young role players but the two that are supposed to lead them are older or injury prone. If they don't do something this year they will fall into the column of Great Reg Season Teams with nothing to prove. I know that all you Houston fans are going to go nuts about this but the truth hurts.

Tisoykeis
07-03-2008, 09:31 AM

That is completely different...both the Lakers and Celtics went out and added All Star players to their team. They weren't even close to the same teams as last year.

If the Rockets go out and add multiple all stars to their team without loosing any core players, then I will call them contenders too, but the Rockets core group has been intact for years now and has not translated into winning in the playoffs. So again, why should anyone expect this year will be any different than the past 10 years? The only change is more wear and tear on T-Mac's injury prone, aging body.

JordansBulls
07-03-2008, 09:36 AM
That is completely different...both the Lakers and Celtics went out and added All Star players to their team. They weren't even close to the same teams as last year.

If the Rockets go out and add multiple all stars to their team without loosing any core players, then I will call them contenders too, but the Rockets core group has been intact for years now and has not translated into winning in the playoffs. So again, why should anyone expect this year will be any different than the past 10 years? The only change is more wear and tear on T-Mac's injury prone, aging body.

Well they just added Scola, Landry and Harris. The problem in 2007 was that they had no rebounding at the PF position with hayes playing it. Last year Yao was injured. But other than that I agree.

Tisoykeis
07-03-2008, 09:50 AM
What happened in 1998 has nothing to do with THESE Rockets. They are contenders regarless

What about what happened in 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008? Again, I am not saying they are a bad team....they are a good team and can compete with most anyone in the league in the reg season, but there is something missing on this team that enables teams to win in the playoffs. IMO, T-Mac and Yao are not leaders and are not clutch players that can take over a game in the 4th quarter. And they have proven that over and over in the past few seasons. Until something changes, I don't see how anyone can call them serious contenders to win 4 playoff series in a row(in just a 3-4 week span), when they haven't even won a single series in the past 10 years. Getting out of the first round really shouldn't be that big of a deal for a true contender.

And for the Yao vs Howard debate....any GM in the league who wants to keep his job would pick Howard. He is a young beast and is only going to get better. Yao is a great player, but the previous post said it best, with Yao's size, he should truly dominate and he doesn't. Add the fact that he has only averaged 53 games a season over the past 3 seasons and you have to pick Howard over Yao.

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 04:24 PM

Ridiculous thread!

Both those 1998 and 1999 teams were contenders.

1998 they had Hakeem, Barkley and Drexler
1999 they had Hakeem, Barkley and Pippen

Chronz
07-07-2008, 04:36 PM
What about what happened in 2004,
They were a decent team

They overachieved

, 2007
They lost to a more complete team

and 2008?
Yao went down

Again, I am not saying they are a bad team....
Thank god, that wouldve made you the biggest idiot on these boards

they are a good team and can compete with most anyone in the league in the reg season, but there is something missing on this team that enables teams to win in the playoffs.
Well before it was depth but then Morey got Landry and Scola basically fixing the PF position. This year that something was Yao, next year with all the pieces in place and hopefully a healthy squad they will do big things.

IMO, T-Mac and Yao are not leaders and are not clutch players that can take over a game in the 4th quarter.
Your suffering from the basic hero complex, its not about 2 players its about a cohesive unit. The Rockets finally have one

And they have proven that over and over in the past few seasons. Until something changes, I don't see how anyone can call them serious contenders to win 4 playoff series in a row(in just a 3-4 week span), when they haven't even won a single series in the past 10 years. Getting out of the first round really shouldn't be that big of a deal for a true contender.
You really need a history lesson, it has been done and will be done plenty of times over. And each time it has happened was because the team IMPROVED

And for the Yao vs Howard debate....any GM in the league who wants to keep his job would pick Howard. He is a young beast and is only going to get better. Yao is a great player, but the previous post said it best, with Yao's size, he should truly dominate and he doesn't. Add the fact that he has only averaged 53 games a season over the past 3 seasons and you have to pick Howard over Yao.

Depends, Yao brings in so much more revenue than Dwight that youd be a fool to take Dwight even if he was the better player, the fact that Yao is the greater player makes this a no brainer. Dwight has the potential to surpass Shaq, Yao does not, but again potential is nothing.

PRETTY BIRD
07-07-2008, 06:04 PM
no

PRETTY BIRD
07-07-2008, 06:05 PM
everybody talks about houston every year...and yet every year they choke!

goku
07-07-2008, 06:23 PM
i say if they can play 75 games this season and be healthy for the playoffs they should be ok

Chronz
07-07-2008, 11:51 PM
everybody talks about houston every year...and yet every year they choke!

Hardly, unless getting injured is considered choking.

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Added a poll saying if the Rockets are good enough to win the title next year.

TMAC94
07-08-2008, 09:25 AM
houston will win it all soon

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 09:27 AM
houston will win it all soon

I really do want T-Mac to get a ring along with Yao Ming and the rest of the crew.

But not before Denver! :D

Tisoykeis
07-10-2008, 01:03 AM

And they lost in the first round AGAIN for the seventh time in a row. I'll say it again...win a series or two before you start crowning your team as a contender.

Tisoykeis
07-10-2008, 01:09 AM
They were a decent team

They overachieved

They lost to a more complete team

Yao went down

Thank god, that wouldve made you the biggest idiot on these boards

Well before it was depth but then Morey got Landry and Scola basically fixing the PF position. This year that something was Yao, next year with all the pieces in place and hopefully a healthy squad they will do big things.

Your suffering from the basic hero complex, its not about 2 players its about a cohesive unit. The Rockets finally have one

You really need a history lesson, it has been done and will be done plenty of times over. And each time it has happened was because the team IMPROVED

Depends, Yao brings in so much more revenue than Dwight that youd be a fool to take Dwight even if he was the better player, the fact that Yao is the greater player makes this a no brainer. Dwight has the potential to surpass Shaq, Yao does not, but again potential is nothing.

Read the title before you waste this much time responding. The title asks if the Rockets are good enough to win the title......and the simple answer is NO, not with the team they have. If they go out and add another all -star or two, without loosing too much, then you could argue they are depending on how they work together as a team. IMO With their current roster, HOUSTON IS NOT A CONTENDER...PERIOD.

still1ballin
07-10-2008, 01:31 AM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/jordia110406/l_e4281a14b214c6fdc7c57c84d2d18c38.jpg

*Superman*
07-10-2008, 01:47 AM
NO and why do all the Rockets fans have to make the same damn threads! Leave this **** in the Rockets forum.

*Superman*
07-10-2008, 01:48 AM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/jordia110406/l_e4281a14b214c6fdc7c57c84d2d18c38.jpg

LAMO, i love the Tmac picture. Holy **** thats funny. Mad Props for getting that. Tmac looks like a *** in that picture.

Chronz
07-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Read the title before you waste this much time responding. The title asks if the Rockets are good enough to win the title......and the simple answer is NO, not with the team they have. If they go out and add another all -star or two, without loosing too much, then you could argue they are depending on how they work together as a team. IMO With their current roster, HOUSTON IS NOT A CONTENDER...PERIOD.

Who the hell are you and why are intruding on our conversation. I know what the title says and damn how many times am I going to hear this line today; what I say is true PERIOD. Thats not a strong enough of a case you have there and if your going to bother quiting me then atleast take the time to understand what we're discussing. The thread of the title has everything to do with what I was saying.