PDA

View Full Version : With B-Diddy gone, what will you give up for Stephen Jackson and/or Al Harrington?

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 06:50 AM
With B-Diddy gone, what will you give up for Stephen Jackson and/or Al Harrington?

Stephen Jackson (only 30 years old) Salary: 2 years $14.8 million
Al Harrington (only 28 years old) Salary: 2 years $19.2 million

We're looking ONLY for picks/YOUNG players and expiring contracts. Absolutely NO long term deals.

JermanJaysFan
07-02-2008, 07:08 AM
First off, I'd love either of these guys. O'Neal/Bosh/Harrington with Bargs backing up all three? Can you spell mis-match? Jackson would be a great scorer to add, too- he can shoot, drive, move the ball and play some defense.

We moved our nicest contract in Rasho already, but I think we could part with:

1 or 2 future picks
Anthony Parker
Joey Graham

for one of them...don't know if its fair value but I can't really think of any other expendable parts that you would be interested in...

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Jackson is the more attractive player of the 2, but finally, someone who appreciates his talents. Jackson has his flaws, but he is one of the most underrated players in the league.

His defense on Dirk Nowitski played was a major factor in upsetting Dallas in the 1st round of the playoffs a couple years back.

Jackson will give you at the very least, 16 pts, 3 rebs, 4 assissts and 1 steal.
Last year he averaged 20 pts per game and only dubs fans know, but he played many games injured, turf toe, sprained ankles, etc. Guy is tough!!!
Off the court he gets a bad rap, but he created a school in Dallas and is one of the most active players in the community.

I'd rather see him go to the East. I also like Canada and the Raptors players. They all seem like class acts.

kanersen
07-02-2008, 07:32 AM
we've already seen in Indiana that Harrington and Oneal doesn't really work

I'd love to have what S-Jax would bring to the SF position, if he can keep his head right

North Yorker
07-02-2008, 08:41 AM
As Jerman Jays fan said,

I think the only things we could offer would be Parker, Graham, and a 2009 first for Jackson

Unless we still had TJ Ford to trade away, This would be the most we could offer.

Bob_at_york
07-02-2008, 08:54 AM
As Jerman Jays fan said,

I think the only things we could offer would be Parker, Graham, and a 2009 first for Jackson

Unless we still had TJ Ford to trade away, This would be the most we could offer.

can't offer the 2009 1st. But Parker's expiring would be helpful. If Garbo's expiring was still with us it would be very helpful with this.

North Yorker
07-02-2008, 08:57 AM
can't offer the 2009 1st. But Parker's expiring would be helpful. If Garbo's expiring was still with us it would be very helpful with this.

Couldn't we offer the 2009 first because "technically" we made a selection in the first round of the draft this year?

Bob_at_york
07-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Couldn't we offer the 2009 first because "technically" we made a selection in the first round of the draft this year?

actually yeah, I guess you are right. My bad.

North Yorker
07-02-2008, 10:29 AM
actually yeah, I guess you are right. My bad.

The only reason that I would rather give up the 2009 pick is because apparently it's supposed to be a weak draft.

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
The only reason that I would rather give up the 2009 pick is because apparently it's supposed to be a weak draft.

Its a little early to say that i think, the college season has not even begun yet. The top players in the draft look pretty damn amazing for example.

Halladay
07-02-2008, 11:43 AM

Yeah but Hibbert will never be under contract with the Raptors, right? I really don't know but If what your saying is right then that's a major loophole in the system.

Jwizel_hitshrs
07-02-2008, 12:26 PM
reality check to the R-A-PZZZZZZ fans.....as one myself....we do not need that over grown monster baby..... harrington is dreck....and so is jackson.....both would complain about ball touches.....and HELLLLLOOO? ( jack armstrong for those that know ) who gonna play SG for us if we trade parks? we still have moon to play the 3....why pickup golden states over paid career loosers?

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 12:33 PM
reality check to the R-A-PZZZZZZ fans.....as one myself....we do not need that over grown monster baby..... harrington is dreck....and so is jackson.....both would complain about ball touches.....and HELLLLLOOO? ( jack armstrong for those that know ) who gonna play SG for us if we trade parks? we still have moon to play the 3....why pickup golden states over paid career loosers?

I guess you didn't get too watch too many Dubs games last year. Or didn't see the 2006 playoffs and the job Jackson did on Dirk Nowitski defensively.

Your contenders in the East. Jackson makes you title contenders, period.

If you don't get Jackson, just check Cleveland.
We can give them Harrington and Jackson for Joe Smith, Scerbiak and picks.

JermanJaysFan
07-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Jackson would be a fantastic addition- no question. As for the guy asking who would play the 2 if we dealt Parker- why not Jackson and start Moon or Kapono at the 3? No problem in my mind.

All indications I have seen about Jackson are that we would be a great fit here. It seems as though he has put his off-court trobubles aside, and at any rate has developed into a great leader in Golden State. He has a fantastic all around game- distributes the ball well as a point-forward, he can score, and can obviously play D. Anyways, if we had the stuff to get a deal done, I no question would welcome him here with open arms.

Bob_at_york
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
It seems as though he has put his off-court trobubles aside, and at any rate has developed into a great leader in Golden State.
the troubles he has had in the past trouble me too but i have heard about how he is one of the "captains" in Golden State and that makes me think he has matured and stepped up as a leader.

The Wise 1
07-02-2008, 03:04 PM
I would love Jackson. I just dont think Parker, Graham and a 1st would do it. That's all we really have though.

JermanJaysFan
07-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Here is the article I mentioned: http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3243802

It is somewhat long, but really is a fantastic read and I encourage everyone to read it. Here are some key points:

Security tapes outside that Indianapolis strip club show a group of men, one with a hand in his back pocket and another under his shirt, approaching Pacers guard Jamaal Tinsley and threatening to "spray his car," Walsh says. (The two groups had exchanged words inside.) When a scuffle broke out, Jackson retrieved his licensed 9mm from his car and fired it in the air to scatter the combatants. The men ran for their car and Jackson walked to his. Thinking the confrontation over, he barely had time to jump as the attackers' gray Chrysler plowed into him. Jackson flipped over the windshield, landed on the trunk and fell to the ground before, as he recalls, he choked on his blood and passed out.

But it was Jackson who put all 6'8" and 218 pounds of himself under Dirk Nowitzki's chin, mad-dogging the league MVP into a playoff career-low 38% shooting, while scoring 33 in the series clincher.

Fans also don't see the respect Jackson has from every coach and teammate he's had. "Love him," Tim Duncan says of the man he considers one of his all-time favorite teammates. "He's had his issues, but he's got the right thing in mind." No matter how many minutes he played when he was with the Spurs, Jackson would kick chairs and sling towels whenever coach Gregg Popovich pulled him from a game. Still, says Popovich, "I know his heart. He's a sweet man."

More recently, a request to photograph the new tattoo on his torso, two hands holding a gun framed by a church window, was stiff-armed by his squad. The artwork symbolizes his hope of never having to use a firearm again.

Back in Port Arthur, he's a one-man economic development program. His music label, Secret Society Entertainment, signed a handful of local rappers. His school, the Stephen Jackson Academy, is "An Education Your Child Needs with the Care He Deserves," as the banner over the door of the three-story building states.

This is interesting:

After wasting a scholarship to Arizona in 1996 when he couldn't score high enough on his entrance exams in five tries, he was stranded in Phoenix until then-Suns GM Bryan Colangelo saw him playing pickup and decided to make him a second-rounder.

Dol-Fan
07-03-2008, 02:26 AM
Jackson would be a great addition to this team, he'd fit in real well. Trade Parker and I guess Graham for him? I doubt that equals his salary but it might be close. Obviously, add in a couple draft picks and hopefully that's enough to get a deal done. With Jackson, we could start Kapono at the 3 because the need for Moon's defense wouldn't be as high.

Doubt any of this will happen, might shorten the roster a bit too much.

raptor fan
07-03-2008, 10:35 AM
here's a good deal:

Anthony Parker, Joey Graham and 2009 first round pick for Steven Jackson and Marco Bellinelli.

It's a 2 for 2 swap, which makes sense for us seeing how we get an impact player, and we're not shortening our roster at the same time. the warriors get expiring contracts and a first rounder, which is what they are looking for.

Raptors27
07-03-2008, 10:38 AM
here's a good deal:

Anthony Parker, Joey Graham and 2009 first round pick for Steven Jackson and Marco Bellinelli.

It's a 2 for 2 swap, which makes sense for us seeing how we get an impact player, and we're not shortening our roster at the same time. the warriors get expiring contracts and a first rounder, which is what they are looking for.

I would do that in an instant !! but GS problably won't.

Jwizel_hitshrs
07-03-2008, 01:03 PM
eewwwwww horrible.....there is nooooo way that you raps fans are serious.....jackson and harrington are NOT the answers.....this other dood talking bout "2006" come on....we need a legit 2 guard....maybe try a sign and trade for maggette thats something that would fill our holes

pebloemer
07-03-2008, 01:41 PM
eewwwwww horrible.....there is nooooo way that you raps fans are serious.....jackson and harrington are NOT the answers.....this other dood talking bout "2006" come on....we need a legit 2 guard....maybe try a sign and trade for maggette thats something that would fill our holes

I think we would need a legit SF before a legit SG. Parker is better at SG than any of our options at SF.

garlicboy
07-04-2008, 01:22 AM
I would love Jackson. I just dont think Parker, Graham and a 1st would do it. That's all we really have though.

I think it would be enough for Jackson but we may get a better offer. I don't think we'd trade within our division because of fan backlash. Most likely destinations for Al and Jackson are the Eastern Conference.

Having 2 year contracts, being young (28, 30), being productive, having playoff experience, playing multiple positions make Jackson and Al pretty valuable assets to playoff contending teams in the East.

I've researched salaries(matching/expiring), need, rosters of all Eastern conference teams, willingness to trade, former teams(Nets, Atlanta, Pacers) and expiring contracts to offer in return. The most likely landing spots in the East for Al and Jack are:

Toronto, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit,

torontosports10
07-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I would love S-Jax to come here. He would be PERFECT for us.

Oneal
Bosh
Moon
S Jax
Jose

Im at work and too busy to find out how to make it work under the cap but may try later

Jwizel_hitshrs
07-04-2008, 12:50 PM
meh garbage deal.......thats all....already stated mypoint twice....and will delete/retire from saying anything on this site if that deal goes down for the raps....ewwwww i just puked on the keyboard

kanersen
07-05-2008, 09:46 AM
stephen jackson is exactly what the raptor's need
the contracts will match with parker and graham

he's also a 2 year contract, which when combined with our other expirings, will give us over 50million in cap space in 2 years (wow)

with s-jax and JO in the starting lineup, our toughness, defence and rebounding will improve dramatically

i think golden state would definatley do this deal. Parker and Graham are expirings this year, and Parker is a great professional glue guy with solid shooting skills. They also trade him out of the West where they won't have to see him come back to haunt them several times a year. The #1 pick is another asset that they'd get for a guy that doesn't figure into their long term plans.

this guy is not the same guy that played in indiana, he has matured and only plays like a man possessed on the court, not off it. He is tenacious, can knock down the 3, and knows what it takes to win. I've been watching him in GState the last two years and he's been phenominal for them. He is a James Posey type, with a more well rounded offensive game.

We need Stephen Jackson (can't believe i just said that, if i heard someone say that 3 years ago i'd laugh)

gbus
07-05-2008, 10:00 AM
stephen jackson is exactly what the raptor's need
the contracts will match with parker and graham

he's also a 2 year contract, which when combined with our other expirings, will give us over 50million in cap space in 2 years (wow)

with s-jax and JO in the starting lineup, our toughness, defence and rebounding will improve dramatically

i think golden state would definatley do this deal. Parker and Graham are expirings this year, and Parker is a great professional glue guy with solid shooting skills. They also trade him out of the West where they won't have to see him come back to haunt them several times a year. The #1 pick is another asset that they'd get for a guy that doesn't figure into their long term plans.

this guy is not the same guy that played in indiana, he has matured and only plays like a man possessed on the court, not off it. He is tenacious, can knock down the 3, and knows what it takes to win. I've been watching him in GState the last two years and he's been phenominal for them. He is a James Posey type, with a more well rounded offensive game.

We need Stephen Jackson (can't believe i just said that, if i heard someone say that 3 years ago i'd laugh)

Very good post, i agree with all of it, i'm just not sure Parker, Graham and a 1st is enough, especially considering they have no reason to get rid of Jackson right now. Just because they're losing Baron Davis, doesn't mean they're all of a sudden rebuilding. They're still aggressively pursuing free agents, most notably Elton Brand and Corey Maggette. Those guys can be seen as "win now" guys.

_Sn1P3r_
07-05-2008, 01:23 PM
^^^^^ I agree. Good post but what we're giving up isn't enough. Stephen Jackson would be really nice for us in a Raptor uniform. Him and JO back in the same team, and our team just got better defensively.