PDA

View Full Version : With B-Diddy gone, what will you give up for Stephen Jackson and/or Al Harrington?

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 06:46 AM
With B-Diddy gone, what will you give up for Stephen Jackson and/or Al Harrington?

Stephen Jackson (only 30 years old) Salary: 2 years $14.8 million
Al Harrington (only 28 years old) Salary: 2 years $19.2 million

We're looking ONLY for picks and expiring contracts. Absolutely NO long term deals.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 08:34 AM
We don't want either one. Jax is a nutcase & a chucker on offense. Harrington is a poor defender, so wouldn't fit our scheme well.

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2008, 11:56 AM
i doubt g-state trades either to the cavs, buf you'd be crazy if you were cleveland not to want those 2 guys. Jackson is only a chucker, because he plays in Nelly's offense. He wasn't as gun happy in San Antonio or Indiana.......

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
i doubt g-state trades either to the cavs, buf you'd be crazy if you were cleveland not to want those 2 guys. Jackson is only a chucker, because he plays in Nelly's offense. He wasn't as gun happy in San Antonio or Indiana.......

Jackson has never shot a good FG% consistently, but if he could average 20ppg and that being out there its hard to say no especially if we could get him for some expiring contracts.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Jackson and Harrington for
Wally, Joe Smith and picks.

Can you say title contenders?

I thought Jackson was a nutcase when we got him. But he started his own school years back in Texas and is an extremely active member in the community. Say what you will about him, but he is a leader on and off the court. They guy matured in Golden State.

Clevefan23
07-02-2008, 02:23 PM
im not sure the contractts would match up in that situation

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
im not sure the contractts would match up in that situation

They don't I doubt we would makea trade for these guys. I'm to worried their just subjects of their system.. let me see like Larry Hughes was.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 02:59 PM
They don't I doubt we would makea trade for these guys. I'm to worried their just subjects of their system.. let me see like Larry Hughes was.

I need help. I'm a Hoops Junkie who needs an intervention.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article/comments/view?f=/c/a/2008/07/02/SPRN11IP2K.DTL

By the way, I don't proprose trades unless salaries are close.

Jackson might be a product of the system, but Al's more of a slow-paced Eastern conference type player. He had his best years in the East. Still can't take away the fact that Jackson is a long down defender good for 16 pts/game and All is good for 14pts a game and 38% from downtown.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I need help. I'm a Hoops Junkie who needs an intervention.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article/comments/view?f=/c/a/2008/07/02/SPRN11IP2K.DTL

By the way, I don't proprose trades unless salaries are close.

Jackson might be a product of the system, but Al's more of a slow-paced Eastern conference type player. He had his best years in the East. Still can't take away the fact that Jackson is a long down defender good for 16 pts/game and All is good for 14pts a game and 38% from downtown.

Its not even close though:confused:.. Jackson and Harrington is over 30 million. Cavs would give up half their roster fora trade like this to work..

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Its not even close though:confused:.. Jackson and Harrington is over 30 million. Cavs would give up half their roster fora trade like this to work..

Did you not check the link?

Harrington 2008 salary $9.2 mil, Jackson 2008 salary of $7.1 mil= $16.1 million

Scerbiak $13 mil, Joe Smith $4.8 mil= $17.8 million

Salaries match(within 125%).

Seriously can I get my intervention now, I have an Hoops Jones.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 04:56 PM
No wonder, I gave you the wrong link. My bad.

http://www.******.com/src_tradechecker/3/

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Did you not check the link?

Harrington 2008 salary $9.2 mil, Jackson 2008 salary of $7.1 mil= $16.1 million

Scerbiak $13 mil, Joe Smith $4.8 mil= $17.8 million

Salaries match(within 125%).

Seriously can I get my intervention now, I have an Hoops Jones.

I must have read it wrong at the top of this thread then my bad. I don't know Jackson plays tough defense and we could use a perimeter defender so maybe its possible, Harrington I sure would like to have coming of our bench we need a spark of offense. Would be interesting probably will never happen though..

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 05:57 PM

It is not because he plays in Nellie's system. He was a chucker in Indy & Atlanta too.

He gave LeBron a ton of crap when they played twice in LBJ's rookie or sophomore year(when Jax was still in ATL)....And LBJ killed him in those matchups. I remember S-Jax having some choice words for LBJ during those matchups, so I don't think LBJ would be super excited to have him as a teammate.

I simply don't think those two guys would make us that much better. And I think we can get a better player(or combination of players) in a deal for Wally's huge expiring contract later this summer or at midseason next year.

The only thing is, Ferry may be shy to make another midseason trade. He used that kind of as the team's excuse for losing in the semis this year....Saying we would have a full year together to develop better chemistry, etc. But if he swings another major trade at midseason next year I don't want to hear him making the same reasoning if we don't achieve our goal of winning a championship in 2009.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
It is not because he plays in Nellie's system. He was a chucker in Indy & Atlanta too.

He gave LeBron a ton of crap when they played twice in LBJ's rookie or sophomore year(when Jax was still in ATL)....And LBJ killed him in those matchups. I remember S-Jax having some choice words for LBJ during those matchups, so I don't think LBJ would be super excited to have him as a teammate.

I simply don't think those two guys would make us that much better. And I think we can get a better player(or combination of players) in a deal for Wally's huge expiring contract later this summer or at midseason next year.

The only thing is, Ferry may be shy to make another midseason trade. He used that kind of as the team's excuse for losing in the semis this year....Saying we would have a full year together to develop better chemistry, etc. But if he swings another major trade at midseason next year I don't want to hear him making the same reasoning if we don't achieve our goal of winning a championship in 2009.

Yea like I said Jackson never has shown he can consistently shoot the ball good. Cavs definitly don't need another one of those guys..

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 09:05 PM
If you guys trade Wally for a long term deal, Good Luck at signing Lebron in 2010.

Hate all you want on Al and Jackson, but Jackson has won a ring and both have been to the Eastern conference finals and the 2nd round of the Western Conference playoffs. Not too mention their young(28 and 30) and thier contracts expire in 2010.

If we sign Brand, there's no way we trade Jackson. We'll trade Harrington, and the sad thing is, he's cheaper and better than Wally.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 09:56 PM
If you guys trade Wally for a long term deal, Good Luck at signing Lebron in 2010.

Hate all you want on Al and Jackson, but Jackson has won a ring and both have been to the Eastern conference finals and the 2nd round of the Western Conference playoffs. Not too mention their young(28 and 30) and thier contracts expire in 2010.

If we sign Brand, there's no way we trade Jackson. We'll trade Harrington, and the sad thing is, he's cheaper and better than Wally.

I'm not worried about re signing LeBron. He wants to be here, as long as we are good. And we will be good as long as he is on the team.

Jackson has never been to the ECF. He road the coattails to win a title. Hundreds of guys have won a title, that doesn't mean a thing to me unless they were a main piece to winning that championship. They're young in age, but their bodies are not young. Harrington's been in the NBA since he was 18, his body has taken a toll....He's not going to last into his late-30's.

You're not going to get Brand...He is going to remain with the LAC. That's why they brought in B-Diddy, who is going to LA because he is trying to become a bigtime businessman & played college ball at UCLA. He has a movie business in LA, and most likely wanted to be near all of that...

Harrington may be a better player than Wally, but he doesn't address a need for our team better than Wally does. Also, his contract isn't a valuable trade asset, as Wally is, for a future move.

saint7888
07-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Why not trade like ben wallace and wally for harrington jackson

Then trade jackson and a 1st round pick to the nets for Vince Carter

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 10:59 PM

Really?:rolleyes:
I like how you assume we are going to trade Wally for a long term deal. Name someone thats a long term deal that we would get?.. The only guy is Vince Carter and thats not going to happen..

garlicboy
07-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Really?:rolleyes:
I like how you assume we are going to trade Wally for a long term deal. Name someone thats a long term deal that we would get?.. The only guy is Vince Carter and thats not going to happen..

It's a response to Indiansfan who wrote:

"And I think we can get a better player(or combination of players) in a deal for Wally's huge expiring contract later this summer or at midseason next year."

I'm assuming that you'd trade for at least a 2 year deal or longer, which I consider a long term deal.

Otherwise, your trading an expiring contract for an expiring contract. And who does that?

IndiansFan337
07-03-2008, 09:28 AM
It's a response to Indiansfan who wrote:

"And I think we can get a better player(or combination of players) in a deal for Wally's huge expiring contract later this summer or at midseason next year."

I'm assuming that you'd trade for at least a 2 year deal or longer, which I consider a long term deal.

Otherwise, your trading an expiring contract for an expiring contract. And who does that?

We will get someone better than Harrington/Jackson for Wally. Some team will realize that they aren't a contender at midseason & then trade us the guy we need for the immediate cap space that they crave & we can provide in the form of Wally, Varejao, Smith, Jones, etc expiring contracts.

AMC31
07-03-2008, 03:50 PM
sure, lets just get jackson,and artest and have them fight ben all day