PDA

View Full Version : Barnett avoids criminal conviction

hughest4
07-02-2008, 06:19 AM
APPLETON Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett has successfully completed a deferred prosecution agreement, allowing him to avoid a criminal conviction.

Barnett was charged with criminal disorderly conduct after being arrested in connection with an altercation in a downtown Appleton nightspot on in June 2007.

In March, Barnett entered into a deferred-prosecution agreement that offered to reduce the criminal count to a civil ordinance offense if he complied with terms and stayed out of further trouble with the law.

The charge was amended to a conviction on a single, civil count on disorderly conduct on Friday, leaving Barnett with fines and costs totaling $753.
-wisinfo.com

I'm glad this played out and is finally over with. I thought this was going to be much, much worse when it all first started. Now he just better be smart and stay out of trouble

newdude
07-02-2008, 12:52 PM
That's some good news.

SamG187
07-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Yea thats some good news, honestly I didnt think it was that big of a deal when I heard about it first, but in Pro sports it dont matter, you get a couple minor things and the league will start to take action

newdude
07-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Yea thats some good news, honestly I didnt think it was that big of a deal when I heard about it first, but in Pro sports it dont matter, you get a couple minor things and the league will start to take action

Especially with the iron fist of Goodell at the helm:hide:

ryanph30
07-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Im happy this is finally over and is no longer an issue.