PDA

View Full Version : Nugs targeting Pargo, Arroyo? -UPDATE- Pargo signs with Dynamo Moscow

DenButsu
07-02-2008, 05:28 AM
Okay, relax everyone... this FO is determined to get us past the first round next season:

For a second straight summer, the Nuggets are looking at point guards to start free agency.

Mark Bartelstein, agent for Jannero Pargo, said the Nuggets called Tuesday's first negotiating day to express interest. Also, a source said the Nuggets have had discussions about Carlos Arroyo.

"We've had some conversations about (Pargo)," Bartelstein said. "He'd fit in well with (Denver's) needs."

After averaging 8.1 points backing up New Orleans guard Chris Paul, Pargo, 28, opted out a contract that would have paid $1.83 million next season. Arroyo, 28, who played for Denver in 2001-02, averaged 6.9 points for Orlando.rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/01/point-guard-once-again-the-focus-of-free-agency/)

What were we missing in all those games we lost to teams we should have beat?

What was that missing je ne sais quoi that always caused us to underachieve?

Who was the man who would have put us over the top against the Lakers?

Jannero Pargo! (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1821)

ftw? :shrug:

Broncs4Life
07-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Okay, relax everyone... this FO is determined to get us past the first round next season:

rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/01/point-guard-once-again-the-focus-of-free-agency/)

What were we missing in all those games we lost to teams we should have beat?

What was that missing je ne sais quoi that always caused us to underachieve?

Who was the man who would have put us over the top against the Lakers?

Jannero Pargo! (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1821)

ftw? :shrug:

Pargo would "fit in well with [their] needs..."
I was under the impression that Denver needed a starting PG, not another backup (AC) who Karl would start. Is he the answer? :shrug: Probably not, but at least he is over 6'0 so that should count for something :clap:

HOZ THE KNICK
07-02-2008, 09:37 AM
pargo is good!

DenButsu
07-02-2008, 09:40 AM
pargo is good!

Yeah, I honestly don't know much about him.

Not really trying to dis him personally - the dis is for the FO, really.

We Nuggets fans are hungry for much bigger moves right now, that's all.

Broncs4Life
07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I really don't know anything about him except that he was nearly decapitated by Jason Kidd in the playoffs. I watched a few of the Hornets games & he seems like a solid guard. Could he be a real player? Sure. Would I be excited if the Nuggets pulled the trigger & signed him? No, not until I learned more about him and saw more of him.

liliverson819
07-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Id like Arroyo alot more than pargo i think because, i remember when arroyo played for the pistons he brought defense at the point guard position and was all over the court for loose balls. so basically the question would be do we want A. An Offensive PG (Pargo) or B. A Defensive PG( Arroyo)

chaugh970
07-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I watched alot of the hornets games this postseason, and he came up huge in alot of games with hustle.

kenny922
07-02-2008, 02:02 PM
i dont think gettin jannero pargo would be that bad if u look at this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ix0lLkIQ48E

DJiC
07-02-2008, 03:03 PM
pargo can play D maybe not as well as arroyo but its there....pargo wont be so bad granted he can do in denver what he did in NO

Afridi786
07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
He's been on 4 different teams in 6 years, solid guard, but not someone you pursue, just someone decent to fill out your roster, he was on the bulls not too long ago.

BRAVE KID
07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
that is interesting, pargo seems like a solid player for us better offensive ability than carter, not as good defensively and he is 1 full inch shorter than carter, so you are looking at a bigger liability on defense. but since we don't seem to care about defense, his offensive ability a.k.a passing fits right in.

however the better player IMO is Arroyo. I absolutely love the guy, and think he would be perfect for us. I have seen him play everywhere in the olympics, for utah, for detriot, for orlando. He is a playmaker and he is the type of player that knows his role, whether you need him to be a scorer or a defensive minded assist man, he can't really carry a team in the NBA (he has done so in the olympics) but his role would be perfect for him and for us. I really would like him for the nuggs.

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 04:58 PM
that is interesting, pargo seems like a solid player for us better offensive ability than carter, not as good defensively and he is 1 full inch shorter than carter, so you are looking at a bigger liability on defense. but since we don't seem to care about defense, his offensive ability a.k.a passing fits right in.

however the better player IMO is Arroyo. I absolutely love the guy, and think he would be perfect for us. I have seen him play everywhere in the olympics, for utah, for detriot, for orlando. He is a playmaker and he is the type of player that knows his role, whether you need him to be a scorer or a defensive minded assist man, he can't really carry a team in the NBA (he has done so in the olympics) but his role would be perfect for him and for us. I really would like him for the nuggs.

I second that.

BRAVE KID
07-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Id like Arroyo alot more than pargo i think because, i remember when arroyo played for the pistons he brought defense at the point guard position and was all over the court for loose balls. so basically the question would be do we want A. An Offensive PG (Pargo) or B. A Defensive PG( Arroyo)well the FO only thinks about offense so pargo would be it, and basing it off the quote "he'd fit well in denver's need" it seems like they will go after him rather than arroyo. Arroyo isn't bad at all on offense just don't ask him to carry a team, he is going to hit shots he is no AC. Would love to get him.

BRAVE KID
07-02-2008, 05:18 PM
arroyo ain't bad on offense: check it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSILIQgDSoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1iW-oqYnMs&feature=related

DenButsu
07-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Seems like Pargo's primarily a 3 shooter - isn't that what Chucky is? I don't see how he really fits a need that we don't have, unless we were to move Atkins, which I'm 100% in favor of. If we could replace Atkins with Pargo at a cheaper price tag, I'm game. He is also a bit younger, so probably more worth keeping around if he proved to be a good fit.

Arroyo seems like a better balanced, more efficient player with less of a spark - which actually good be what we really need, especially if he can provide some good defense. But it seems like Orlando is looking to Duhon as an upgrade to him, which kind of raises my eyebrows.

Bottom line for me is that getting either of these guys should mean that they are our new backup, we're moving Chucky out, and we still find a REAL UPGRADE to a REAL NBA STARTER at the point.

DenButsu
07-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Here's a comparison between Arroyo and Pargo.

Per 36 minutes (http://tinyurl.com/6fyhrx):

Player Season Age FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV Ast/TO PF PTS
Carlos Arroyo 2007-08 28 4.5 9.9 .451 0.8 2.4 .345 2.5 2.9 .853 0.3 2.9 3.2 6.2 0.7 0.1 2.2 2.8 2.4 12.2
Jannero Pargo 2007-08 28 6.1 15.7 .390 1.6 4.5 .349 1.7 1.9 .877 0.6 2.5 3.1 4.6 1.2 0.1 2.2 2.1 3.0 15.5

And the ________ advantage goes to....

Inside game (based on overall fg% and getting to the line): Arroyo

3pt shooting: Pargo

Overall offensive efficiency: Arroyo

Overall scoring production: Pargo

Rebounding: =

Assists: Arroyo

Ball handling (based on Ast/TO ratio): Arroyo

Steals: Pargo

Overall defense (based on opinions here): Arroyo

Crunchy12489
07-03-2008, 12:00 AM
I will say that Janerro Pargo can't play that great of defense, although he does.

Janerro to me isn't a point guard. He's focused on scoring more than dishing. He's an undersized SG if you ask me.

I like both players, but I gotta give it to my boy Carlos.

That guy can really play his tail off.

I'd love for him to come to Denver!

BRAVE KID
07-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Here's a comparison between Arroyo and Pargo.

Per 36 minutes (http://tinyurl.com/6fyhrx):

Player Season Age FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV Ast/TO PF PTS
Carlos Arroyo 2007-08 28 4.5 9.9 .451 0.8 2.4 .345 2.5 2.9 .853 0.3 2.9 3.2 6.2 0.7 0.1 2.2 2.8 2.4 12.2
Jannero Pargo 2007-08 28 6.1 15.7 .390 1.6 4.5 .349 1.7 1.9 .877 0.6 2.5 3.1 4.6 1.2 0.1 2.2 2.1 3.0 15.5

And the ________ advantage goes to....

Inside game (based on overall fg% and getting to the line): Arroyo

3pt shooting: Pargo

Overall offensive efficiency: Arroyo

Overall scoring production: Pargo

Rebounding: =

Assists: Arroyo

Ball handling (based on Ast/TO ratio): Arroyo

Steals: Pargo

Overall defense (based on opinions here): Arroyolooks like a 5-3 edge to me going to arroyo.:clap: It settled lets get arroyo:hi5::up:

BRAVE KID
07-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Seems like Pargo's primarily a 3 shooter - isn't that what Chucky is? I don't see how he really fits a need that we don't have, unless we were to move Atkins, which I'm 100% in favor of. If we could replace Atkins with Pargo at a cheaper price tag, I'm game. He is also a bit younger, so probably more worth keeping around if he proved to be a good fit.

Arroyo seems like a better balanced, more efficient player with less of a spark - which actually good be what we really need, especially if he can provide some good defense. But it seems like Orlando is looking to Duhon as an upgrade to him, which kind of raises my eyebrows.

Bottom line for me is that getting either of these guys should mean that they are our new backup, we're moving Chucky out, and we still find a REAL UPGRADE to a REAL NBA STARTER at the point.arroyo is the perfect fit Den trust me on this one;)

DenButsu
07-03-2008, 02:37 AM
arroyo is the perfect fit Den trust me on this one;)

But you would agree that either he or Pargo should be a backup, and not a starter, right?

BRAVE KID
07-03-2008, 02:45 AM
But you would agree that either he or Pargo should be a backup, and not a starter, right?
then who do you look for as the PG then?

DenButsu
07-03-2008, 04:30 AM
then who do you look for as the PG then?

Well I'd have to assume Hinrich is still on the radar screen.

But what I really mean is that, in general, both Pargo and Arroyo are backup caliber and not starting caliber PGs in the NBA.

BRAVE KID
07-03-2008, 05:18 AM
Well I'd have to assume Hinrich is still on the radar screen.

But what I really mean is that, in general, both Pargo and Arroyo are backup caliber and not starting caliber PGs in the NBA.I am kinda torn on this I believe pargo is the guy that definately comes off the bench but I believe arroyo can start for us. We shouldn't be focused on offense for our starting PG, our focus should be a defensive minded player that isn't a liability on offense and is willing to be the main assist man. Hinrich and arroyo fit that very well.

I get the feeling that we are looking at these guys to become our starting PG, pargo is better coming off the bench, arroyo can start for us. If we can't get hinrich in a trade, arroyo would be fine for us as a starter

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Why isnt there any talks about Steve Francis for our PG...? he's got like a 2 6Million dollar contract... I'd be wiling to take a risk on him.

fly boy
07-03-2008, 09:23 AM
how about shaun livingston

DenButsu
07-03-2008, 10:51 AM
how about shaun livingston

click here (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240045) :cool:

IversonIsKrazy
07-03-2008, 03:45 PM
man, pg is not needed. AC is there 4 us. If your thinking defence, the reason y it is weak is because of AI's mis-matching on defence. He's 6'0 SG, of course were going to have problems on defence. We don't need a PG, what we do need is a true C/PF that can post along w/ AI & Melo. LIke Rasheed Wallace or Emeka Okafor, anyone got any trade ideas for them, w/o giving away ai & melo??

BADizzleBoY
07-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Pargo would be a good fit for the nuggets.

Crunchy12489
07-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Why isnt there any talks about Steve Francis for our PG...? he's got like a 2 6Million dollar contract... I'd be wiling to take a risk on him.

Dude Franchise screwed his quadriceps up BAD.

It would be a miracle to see him come back like his old self again. :(

kenny922
07-03-2008, 06:13 PM
man, pg is not needed. AC is there 4 us. If your thinking defence, the reason y it is weak is because of AI's mis-matching on defence. He's 6'0 SG, of course were going to have problems on defence. We don't need a PG, what we do need is a true C/PF that can post along w/ AI & Melo. LIke Rasheed Wallace or Emeka Okafor, anyone got any trade ideas for them, w/o giving away ai & melo??

So let me get this straight u think a true point guard is not a need and that AC is a good starting PG what the hell are u smoking cause i need some of that AC is nothin more than a back up he's not even a top 20 PG dont u think it would be better if we had a starting point that knows how to distribute the ball and score when need be AC cant amount to half the guys we been talkin about hinrich,billups,pargo,arroyo hell for that matter Shaun Livingston if healthy would bring alot more than he can lmao seriously if u look at every good team they had a pretty good starting PG i mean did u watch the playoffs this year why do u think they left AC open so damn much the guy cant create worth a lick plus he's a streaky shooter and u wanna talk about ai's height how tall do u think this guy is come on all of those things equal a bad combo we both know that.

Now i do agree with u that we need a PF or C that can post so like u said does any one have any trade ideas,w/o trading a.i. & melo???

kenny922
07-03-2008, 06:31 PM

LMFAO NO U DID NOT JUST SAY LETS GO GET STEVE FRANCIS IM SORRY TO TELL U HE'S A SCRUB NOW IF U WANNA TAKE A CHANCE THEN WE SHOULD GET SHAUN LIVINGSTON WHO IS ONLY 22 OR 23 YEARS OF AGE AND CAN BRING A HELL OF LOT MORE THAN STEVE FRANCIS CAN THINK OF.

DenButsu
07-03-2008, 07:33 PM
man, pg is not needed. AC is there 4 us.

AC's not on our roster anymore, and he's not going to be because he wants more money than he's worth (and hopefully also just because the FO realizes that he's not a good fit for this team, even as a backup).

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-04-2008, 06:39 AM
LMFAO NO U DID NOT JUST SAY LETS GO GET STEVE FRANCIS IM SORRY TO TELL U HE'S A SCRUB NOW IF U WANNA TAKE A CHANCE THEN WE SHOULD GET SHAUN LIVINGSTON WHO IS ONLY 22 OR 23 YEARS OF AGE AND CAN BRING A HELL OF LOT MORE THAN STEVE FRANCIS CAN THINK OF.

Francis was just in a bad system... and he's been hurt these last few years. it was just an idea, to get a proven player 4 cheap.

IversonIsKrazy
07-04-2008, 03:52 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=26~125~1002~883&teams=8~8~8~7&te=&cash=

Trade 4 Rasheed!

Crunchy12489
07-05-2008, 03:16 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=26~125~1002~883&teams=8~8~8~7&te=&cash=

Trade 4 Rasheed!

This is Rasheed's last year man.

He mentioned that to Stephen A. Smith when they got knocked out by the Celts.

Trading away 3 people for one good year?

Bad idea.

Rasheed is old anyway. He can't knock those 3's down almost consistently like his younger days. I will say he can still play defense pretty well.

But he's old and has only 1 year left in the tank.

QuaLiThADoN
07-08-2008, 11:58 PM
arroyo would b a nice pickup for the nuggets fits your style better then JP.... i see the nets signing JP and trading MW n Kristic lets see what happens we have a couple months left

DenButsu
08-05-2008, 11:40 PM
New Orleans Hornets guard Jannero Pargo could sign with another team

It appears the Hornets might be ready to live with Mike James as a backup point guard this season allowing Janerro Pargo to sign with another NBA team, possibly the San Antonio Spurs.

Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein said the Hornets "don't seem interested in signing (Pargo) at this point. I don't think he'll be back with them at this point."

Hornets general manager Jeff Bower on Tuesday declined to comment on any on-going negotiations with free agents.

Pargo, 28, opted out of his contract with the Hornets earlier this summer to test the free-agent market.

Bartelstein said he really couldn't characterize the Hornets' interest or lack thereof in retaining Pargo, who last season was Coach Byron Scott's first reserve point guard option when Chris Paul needed a rest. Pargo averaged 9 points a game for the Hornets last season and 18 minutes per game in 80 games. In 12 playoff games, Pargo averaged 22 minutes per game and 10.2 points.

Pargo has drawn some interest from at least two Western Conference teams, the Denver Nuggets and this week from the Spurs.

The San Antonio Express News Tuesday morning quotes Bartelstein as saying the parties have discussed options. nola.com (http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2008/08/new_orleans_hornets_guard_jann.html)

dwanna23
08-06-2008, 12:15 AM
PArgo's Going to SPURS! Read it on Hoopshype!

Game_Over
08-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Nope he's going to Europe!!

DenButsu
08-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Nope he's going to Europe!!

Correctomundo.

Well, if you consider Moscow (http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gts6XWi5JHVDqVY5P6ZVgW9MhP9Q) part of Europe - a question that, as I understand it, ain't exactly clear.

Game_Over
08-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah I think it's considered in the Euro league but yeah Moscow is Asia.. Confusing lol..

Reezy
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Close thread, since Arroyo went to Tel Aviv.