PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan's sons

LakersDudeee
07-02-2008, 04:00 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oKXb8PZtdmQ&feature=related

Hm, anybody think they're going to make it big? I wonder if they'll have the same gift their father was given.

avsman05
07-02-2008, 04:45 AM
man i remember when those 2 were 8 years old... Welcome to the Space Jam.. Hope they end up like daddy im routing for them but realistically no they won't be as good. No one will.

stawka
07-02-2008, 06:06 AM
They wont be as good. They might make it to the NBA because of their name and rich family history, but they wont put a stamp on the game like MJ did and like avsman05 said.. no1 will

younggunn113
07-02-2008, 06:54 AM
I actually played against his son in the Nike Showcase in Orlando florida two years ago. He's not nearly as tall as his father, he's only like 6'1. Its also not fair to compare him to his dad just because of the name, he's only a kid.

Rockets&Browns
07-02-2008, 07:37 AM
I've seen em play and I'm not impressed! They got jinxed with that responsibility and will never live up to it. No NBA in the future IMO!

TMAC94
07-02-2008, 07:45 AM
you can not compare someone too a person they are related to.

Mziolkow
07-02-2008, 10:31 AM
The one who just finished his Freshman year in college(Jeffrey maybe?) had to decide between Walking on at Illinois or taking a scholarship at Valparaiso University(Ill. ended up giving him a scholarship because they had an open one). I wouldnt exactly say that he was very highly touted. From what ive seen(I go to purdue and watch a bunch of Big 10 Ball) he played alright for a Frosh, but I definitely dont see him being anything like his father.

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Jordan's sons will be no better than Patrick Ewing's son.

mexceltic
07-02-2008, 10:43 AM
The one who just finished his Freshman year in college(Jeffrey maybe?) had to decide between Walking on at Illinois or taking a scholarship at Valparaiso University(Ill. ended up giving him a scholarship because they had an open one). I wouldnt exactly say that he was very highly touted. From what ive seen(I go to purdue and watch a bunch of Big 10 Ball) he played alright for a Frosh, but I definitely dont see him being anything like his father.

Hey guys!!! ur forgettin that MJ wasnt much of a gifted player till UNC days, u cant disclosed these kids for what they r just now as kids!

LA_Raiders
07-02-2008, 10:54 AM
The Kid is Sorry as ****, I saw him play and he got ****...

oldmaid
07-02-2008, 11:01 AM
The Kid is Sorry as ****, I saw him play and he got ****...

lmao, take it easy there buddy he's only a kid

NYMetros
07-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Hey guys!!! ur forgettin that MJ wasnt much of a gifted player till UNC days, u cant disclosed these kids for what they r just now as kids!

You have to be somewhat gifted to get into UNC.

Mr Wonderful
07-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Nope, they won't be remotely close to their old man. I've seen them play at different places in IL. The younger son is WAY more talented than the older brother, but NBA...nah.

Yankees1115
07-02-2008, 11:06 AM
No chance they have the same impact as the greatest who ever played but they got to be gifted coming in with the Jordan Sperm. Its like a thoroughbred racehorse.

_Sn1P3r_
07-02-2008, 11:06 AM
man i remember when those 2 were 8 years old... Welcome to the Space Jam.. Hope they end up like daddy im routing for them but realistically no they won't be as good. No one will.

Same here. They all grown up now. But yeah, no one will be as good as Michael Jordan but I hope they do well if they make the NBA.

bogdanrom
07-02-2008, 11:28 AM

Actually in his senior year at Laney High School he averaged a triple double 29.2 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 10.1 apg. That's pretty gifted if you ask me.

Do0msday
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
There will only be 1 MJ. There will be more good players, some may put up some very, very good stats, but MJ was just unique and a once in a lifetime type player...plus I don't think anyone will ever be as clutch.

His sons could make it to the NBA based on pedigree alone, but there's no way a person can compare the sons to the father.

assyrianpmp24
07-02-2008, 12:29 PM
younger one is definetly better than the older one, and i think hes taller too. jeffrey like 6-2 and marcus idk i think 6-4 i forgot something near that but the taller is better so maybe he'll do something and hes younger too.

Musical Tempo
07-02-2008, 12:50 PM
They wont amount to nothing in the NBA. Im from Canada and 2 years ago I went to a camp with them and I was able to stay competitive with both of them and Im not that great to of a player, I have played with individuals like Denham Brown a Toronto native who went to UConn and he would destory me(Just as an example of my skill level)...but out of the brothers Marcus looked as if he had more potential then Jeff who was more of a pretty boy.
However if I learned anything from the great one those who never give up have the greatest success, and I could be eating my words if they do follow in their fathers footsteps.

chicagowhitesox
07-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I've seen some of their h.s. games televised on ESPN. Neither of them looks all that great. Doubt either makes it to the NBA. If they do, it will be solely because of their last name.

conway429
07-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Actually in his senior year at Laney High School he averaged a triple double 29.2 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 10.1 apg. That's pretty gifted if you ask me.

Yeah he was an All-American, and got a UNC scholarship. So I'd say he was pretty damn good at that point.

Musical Tempo
07-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah he was an All-American, and got a UNC scholarship. So I'd say he was pretty damn good at that point.

Yeah but he was a mid ranked player coming out of highschool there where prospect who where suppose to be better then him, and even coming into the NBA, however MJ cant be compared to his sons even at this level he was way better then them what are they averaging 25pts and 10reb between the two of them?

dre1990
07-02-2008, 01:28 PM
1 is all star level. the other has nba starting potenial

Iodine
07-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah but he was a mid ranked player coming out of highschool there where prospect who where suppose to be better then him, and even coming into the NBA, however MJ cant be compared to his sons even at this level he was way better then them what are they averaging 25pts and 10reb between the two of them?

Right all american= Mid level player gotcha

No way in hell they amount to anything

adealstimson
07-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Leave his kids alone.

DreamShaker
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Jordan's sons will be no better than Patrick Ewing's son.

I was thinking the same thing....Bill Walton's son is garbage as well....I wonder how many of the NBA players right now are in actuallity the illegitimate sons of Wilt Chamberlain??

Iodine
07-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I was thinking the same thing....Bill Walton's son is garbage as well....I wonder how many of the NBA players right now are in actuallity the illegitimate sons of Wilt Chamberlain??

Ben Wallace
Tim Duncan
Camby
And David Robinson

DreamShaker
07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Ben Wallace
Tim Duncan
Camby
And David Robinson

I could totally see this....

SwaggaIke
07-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Jeff is garbage. The only thing he has going for him is a big time vertical. He probably jumps higher than his pops. I don't even think he saw the floor this year for a subpar Illinois team. Marcus has potential. He goes to one of the better basketball schools in Illinois. I can see him D1 and making it to the league, but he won't be great. This is the deciding year for him though, if he don't ball...he better have a good hobby to spend that money on.

18colts29
07-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Anyone else see the North Central vs. Loyola high school game. Eric Gordon had like 43 points or something, and it was like 4 or 5 points less than Loyola whole team, I think the had like 48 Points. Jordans sons posted like 10 combined points in the 40 point loss. I see them maybe making a D League team or going overseas or something.

Cronin
07-05-2008, 11:14 PM
you can not compare someone too a person they are related to.

You've got your mothers chin is no longer acceptable?

chad311k9
07-06-2008, 01:02 AM
you guys gotta remember, in MJ's early college career, he wasn't nothing special or highly touted. no one will ever be better than MJ, EVER! not even his own kids. they have a chance at being good if they can develop the WILL that MJ developed.

bigtony989
07-06-2008, 01:36 AM
Ben Wallace
Tim Duncan
Camby
And David Robinson

u forgot nash not many people know he is

Big Quett
07-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Do any of you guys remember Eric Gordon killing both of them in a high school game on espn. By the end of the game everyone i know was calling him Eric Jordan and them gordon

QuaLiThADoN
07-06-2008, 02:16 AM
They wont be as good. They might make it to the NBA because of their name and rich family history, but they wont put a stamp on the game like MJ did and like avsman05 said.. no1 will

well said :clap::clap:

SwaggaIke
07-06-2008, 03:11 AM
Do any of you guys remember Eric Gordon killing both of them in a high school game on espn. By the end of the game everyone i know was calling him Eric Jordan and them gordon

Jeff was a senior at the time, that was unacceptable. But Marcus was only a sophomore going against at that time the perceived number 1 high school player in the nation.