PDA

View Full Version : Jazz should consider trading Kirilenko among others.

Mobsterkel
07-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Here are the Untouchables on the Jazz Roster.

1. Deron Williams
2. Paul Milsap
3. Carlos Boozer
4. Ronnie Brewer
5. Kyle Korver
6. Morris Almond
7. Mehmet Okur
8. Kosta Koufos
9. Ronnie Price only Back up PG

On the Trade Block

1. Andrei Kirilenko
2. Jarron Collins
3. C.J. Miles
4. Jason hart

The Jazz should consider trading Kirilenko and Collins to Detriot for eith Tayshawn Prince, or Richard Hamilton who have both been placed on the trading according to Joe dumars the GM of the Pistons.

As far as free agents go, they should be interested in Kwame Brown or either Kurt Thomas a veterean who could come in and really step up or a younger veteran such as James Posey or corey Maggete who the jazz orginally tried to sign or even Robert horry he could have the derek fisher effect here, which would be great.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-02-2008, 03:03 AM
Why is Okur untouchable? He's the first that needs to get traded. Or pick up a true Center to free angency... and let Okur come off tha bench, then worry about trading AK.

Raupie
07-02-2008, 09:17 AM
AK is probably the hardest player on the Jazz's roster to trade. The only way I see us being able to move him is by taking another bad contract... and I think AK is the best of bad contracts. He played hard and well last season. If he can improve upon that this year, there is no reason to trade him because we'd only get a player that is a problem. Zach Randolph, Ben Wallace, etc.

Collins and Hart have expiring contracts, so they should be moveable because of so many teams clearing cap to make a run at lebron next off season. So those are the only players we should trade unless we try to move Boozer.

Lo Porto
07-02-2008, 09:51 AM
AK has definitely got to go especially before Okur. Okur will make almost half of what AK will make next season, but he is much more productive than AK. He's a big who can shoot and post up from time to time who is also an above average man on man defender. Okur is a guy we need to keep around for a while because we have him at a value.

AK's contract could kill Utah's chances of winning a title in the next 3 years. Yes - AK is a player who can do a little bit of everything, but he does nothing really great. He is a power forward who is playing the 3 for Utah, and he got torched in the post season on the perimeter. I like AK, and I would love to keep him if he was making Okur type money, but we can't afford to keep him at max money.

The solution is to trade AK to the Cav's for Wally Szczerbiak. Cleveland has to get better over the course of the next two years or LeBron will bolt. AK could play the 4 for Cleveland beside Ilgauskus and be the defensive help-side presence that the Cavs sorely need. His ridiculous contract won't bother Cleveland as much because they have to do whatever they can to win right now. For Utah, we don't get much in return, but we wouldn't risk losing the core of Deron, Boozer, Okur, Brewer and Millsap by keeping AK's contract around. Wally's contract expires after this next season opening a ton of space.

Option 1 - AK for Wally Szczerbiak (maybe get their 2009 2nd rounder too)

Option 2 - AK, Hart and Collins for Wally and Varejao (Cavs are shopping him)

futureman
07-02-2008, 09:55 AM
The best way I can see us trading AK is packaging new yorks 2010 first rounder along with him. Then we should get equal value back.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-02-2008, 10:00 AM
how about boozer for z.randolph

futureman
07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
No way !

Lo Porto
07-02-2008, 11:01 AM
The Nets considered trading Vince Carter for Wally straight up, and the only reason they didn't is because Vince puts people in the stands. Other than fan attraction, I couldn't imagine Vince having more value than AK. Their contracts are the same, AK is younger, AK doesn't need to take the ball from LeBron to be happy or successful, and AK will play defense. The Cavs should look at this Wally for AK option...

THE_FLASH_21
07-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Why would we trade AK for Wally????

THE_FLASH_21
07-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Zach Randolph is on the block "BIG TIME" Just give the Knicks a pack of gum
and it's a deal.. they might even throw in a 2nd round pick! LOL

jimbobjarree
07-02-2008, 06:53 PM
yeah we dont want our situation to get worse

HotRodsHair
07-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Can you imagine a Jazz starting lineup that included Richard Hamilton? wow.

JAZZNC
07-02-2008, 10:17 PM
I say that we just see where this team is at the end of this next season and go from there. One more year together should be enough to see if this is gonna work or if the thing should be tweaked to get to the next level. To be honest with you I think that Boozer should be traded before any of the other guys if there HAS to be a trade. A sign and trade with Elton Brand would be awesome but that's not going to happen. I just don't think that we can get fair value for AK on the court. Sure we can clear up cap space but can we make a trade right now that will make the team better? We could win it all next year so I say keep everyone together, hope for some growth from within and see where it goes.

Sanddevil23
07-02-2008, 11:23 PM
I say that we just see where this team is at the end of this next season and go from there. One more year together should be enough to see if this is gonna work or if the thing should be tweaked to get to the next level. To be honest with you I think that Boozer should be traded before any of the other guys if there HAS to be a trade. A sign and trade with Elton Brand would be awesome but that's not going to happen. I just don't think that we can get fair value for AK on the court. Sure we can clear up cap space but can we make a trade right now that will make the team better? We could win it all next year so I say keep everyone together, hope for some growth from within and see where it goes.

The only thing that scares me about Elton Brand is he is coming off of a major injury. I think everyone on the team minus Williams and one or two of our young guards is trade-able. Williams is the guy of the future and will make any player better so I think when it comes down to it any guy on our roster is trade-able. Now, I don't think they should trade really anyone besides maybe AK to help clear up some cap space for the future because we can't have 3 max players on our team when we have to shoot for Boozer to resign.

Lo Porto
07-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Sure we can see if we can win it all this next season, but we could also see if we could lose it all as well. Okur and Boozer can opt out next offseason to be Unrestricted Free Agents. Millsap will be an Unrestricted Free Agent. With AK's current contract and Deron's new contract, we would only have money to re-sign 2 of these guys if we are lucky. Okur, Millsap and Boozer are worth more than AK so trade AK. We COULD win it all, but we could also LOSE IT ALL.

I'm getting a little tired of people defending AK, but they are willing to bash Boozer. I know AK is a good player, but for crying out loud, he's playing out of position with Utah. He is a 4. He is not a 3. He got a good rep in Utah when he played the 4 before we got Boozer. AK got torched playing the 3 this offseason. He makes $50 million over the next 3 seasons and yet he's only our 4th best player.

I would trade AK for Wally simply because I want to see Millsap, Okur, Boozer, Deron, Brewer, Korver, Almond, Fesenko, Koufos, and Harpring go into 2009/10 wearing Jazz uniforms. Sure AK would help us more than Wally next year, but who says that we won't be just as successful starting Korver at 2 and Brewer at 3, or start Brewer at 2 and Harpring at 3, or play multiple matchups with Korver, Brewer, Harpring, Almond, Miles and even Price all interchanging. Remember that we were 16-16 before Korver and maybe we should play him more...

JAZZ FANS - STOP OVERHYPING AK AND REALIZE HE NEEDS TO GO

Raupie
07-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Sure we can see if we can win it all this next season, but we could also see if we could lose it all as well. Okur and Boozer can opt out next offseason to be Unrestricted Free Agents. Millsap will be an Unrestricted Free Agent. With AK's current contract and Deron's new contract, we would only have money to re-sign 2 of these guys if we are lucky. Okur, Millsap and Boozer are worth more than AK so trade AK. We COULD win it all, but we could also LOSE IT ALL.

I'm getting a little tired of people defending AK, but they are willing to bash Boozer. I know AK is a good player, but for crying out loud, he's playing out of position with Utah. He is a 4. He is not a 3. He got a good rep in Utah when he played the 4 before we got Boozer. AK got torched playing the 3 this offseason. He makes $50 million over the next 3 seasons and yet he's only our 4th best player.

I would trade AK for Wally simply because I want to see Millsap, Okur, Boozer, Deron, Brewer, Korver, Almond, Fesenko, Koufos, and Harpring go into 2009/10 wearing Jazz uniforms. Sure AK would help us more than Wally next year, but who says that we won't be just as successful starting Korver at 2 and Brewer at 3, or start Brewer at 2 and Harpring at 3, or play multiple matchups with Korver, Brewer, Harpring, Almond, Miles and even Price all interchanging. Remember that we were 16-16 before Korver and maybe we should play him more...

You can't just say a player needs to go and then just get rid of them. You need to find a team that will trade for him. Of course we want to shed his big contract.... but so does every other team in the league. Especially this year because Lebron and company can all opt out next year and become unrestricted free agents. So every team is preparing this salary cap situation to be open for next year.

With that being said, the only trades we could get for AK would be teams looking to move a player for reasons other then salary cap (Zach randolph, etc.). AK is bar far the best player of players with bloated salaries. He is a very good defender, a good team player, and has potential to play better given the right cirumstances. So do not trade him for some other teams problem because he helps us more then that. Possibly trade him for an expiring contract, but like I said, everyone is looking for that these days... so that would be rare to come by.

Sandmanspud
07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
This is probably unlikely and a bit of a stretch, but could be pulled off.

What if the Jazz pulled off a 3 team sign and trade?

Clippers get-Collins and CJ
Golden State gets-AK
Jazz get-Magette and Harrington

This way Clippers get something for Maggette(Collins expiring contract and backup center and a promising young 2), Warriors get a great piece for them, and the Jazz become dynamite actually improve their cap situation long term. We could also give Magette more than the mid-level (7-8 mil) which others wouldn't be able to offer.

Can you imagine a starting lineup of : D-will, Maggette, Harrington, Booz, Okur?
With a really deap bench of: Price, Hart, Brewer, Almond, Korver, Harpring, Millsap, Fez, and Koufos (Obviously a couple of the Rooks will be in Orem)

Your thoughts?

Lo Porto
07-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Cleveland was going to trade Wally for Vince Carter. Other than putting people in the seats and scoring, AK is much better than Vince in everything else. AK would compliment LeBron in that all purpose role playing the 4 next to Ilgauskus. Wally's $13 million contract expires after this year, and I think this is a trade Cleveland would do and Utah should.

I don't think a sign and trade deal involving Maggette is still possible. If L.A. keeps Brand, then it is definitley not possible. Maggette is only coming to Utah if he signs for the full midlevel exception at about $5.8 a year. If he does sign that with Utah, that makes it even more important to trade AK for an expiring contract like Wally's.

futureman
07-03-2008, 12:29 PM

AK does need to go He's not even worth 3 million a year IMO. I think we need to seriously consider trading AK for Wally and his expiring contract then we don't have to worry about Boozer bailing on us. We could probably sign another FA with that money as well.

Sanddevil23
07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
One way or another Ak is leaving so I don't think its all that bad of an idea to get a guy with an expiring contract than get 2 bad long term deals just to dump him. Why not revisit the Marion-Ak deal... I mean, so what if Marion leaves after this year, we dump Ak's contract and Miami get a player better suited to play up tempo with Beasley and Wade. Beasley is probably a better 3 guard right now than a power and AK is a powerforward. Marion hated playing the 4 spot in PHX so I think it works out for them. I think Beasley would get hammered if he played the 4 spot right now and maybe I am wrong but I see him as a better 3 than a 4 at the moment with his shot.