PDA

View Full Version : Does that leaves us with artest???

kntresistheheat
07-02-2008, 01:52 AM
I know everone is saying forget artest, he's a cancer and all that? If we would take a chance on him and replace him for marion. We would get a guy that can defend anyone in the league he can steal and most importantly can shoot 3's and drive to the basket and also rebound he can create his own shot marion cant! We would have to do a sign and trade for marion and artest said already that he did a mistake not opting out and does not see himself with the kings after 08-09 season. The only thing I see wrong with this is he might curupt our kid (Beasley) and would be getting into too much trouble in soutbeach???? And guys am just looking for some of your opinions am not trying to say he is the answer am just looking for some, for I can rest...lol

Let me know what you guys think?? (And please dont use the excuse of marion being more athletic, because that is the only way he can score on fastbreaks or an alley oop and the ocasionall three's! Dont get me wrong I love marion but it seem's like where actively trying to move him, So lets get something good out of this. Here are some highlight of artest "Check'em out"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=auKOCQacUmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFFYnAh835o&feature=related

Mambo Kings
07-02-2008, 02:11 AM
I would take Artest all day long, but what is his contract situation?

Master Mind
07-02-2008, 02:18 AM
I rather keep Marion...

kntresistheheat
07-02-2008, 02:32 AM
7.4 million for next year and can produce better numbers than marion except the rebounding? But can score on his own by creating his own shot and can shoot from the outside and a hell of a defender and can steal the ball with his quick hands.......This would be a good deal?

I would take Artest all day long, but what is his contract situation?

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 03:02 AM
Man id trade anybody for artest except wade beasley and wright. Great trio. Just need a point guard

daleja424
07-02-2008, 07:54 AM
I would never trade marion for artest/ as you mentioned artest is a cancer. Also, the fact that marion doesnt create for himself is a good thing on a team that has wade and beasley. There wouldnt be enough balls o go around for artest. Look at the career numbers: marion shoots a much better FG%, a better three point %, grabs TWICE as many rebounds, gets the same # of steals, blocks more shots, shoots FT's better, and turns the ball over less. Why would we want artest again??

fins08
07-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Man id trade anybody for artest except wade beasley and wright. Great trio. Just need a point guard

I would trade Artest for Wright in a heartbeat.

MiamiHeatMafia
07-02-2008, 08:17 AM
I would take Artest anyday he is a beast on defence.

Rain 816
07-02-2008, 08:42 AM
I would trade Artest for Wright in a heartbeat.

Agreed..................Wright over Artest......lol.....the nerve of these fans....lol

twissst89
07-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Agreed..................Wright over Artest......lol.....the nerve of these fans....lol

Im with him, I wouldnt give up Wright for Artest. No point of trading away guys that could be here for the next 10 years. With constant playing time Wright will be an all star proly in about 2 years. I wouldnt give up Marion for him either. Marion is a real nice fit and the only way we should trade him is if we get young guys that could be potetial stars like Sean Williams, Thadeus Young, Monta Ellis, Josh Smith, Iguodola, Bayless etc.

noturnormalhero
07-02-2008, 09:20 AM
artest is under rated only cuz he plays for the Kings and an average fan couldnt name u anyone else on that team besides him and brad miller. artest to me brings the same thing to the table as marion does but with more to it. he does create his own shot like someone said up above and he does defend better in my opinion. not to mention his salary was definitely cheaper than marion's. marion prolly runs the floor better because of the style of play he's use to, but artest is more valuable overall for the money. gettin artest (depending on the contract he agrees to) would free up even more cap space. a marion for artest swap is possible. we could prolly throw in blount's or banks contract in there. they have a few centers too. they have Brad Miller,Hawes, sheldon williams and now they drafted patrick ewing jr. Hawes wasnt too bad last year as a rookie. they prolly want young talent so Marion,Cook,Banks for Artest and Hawes? didnt too bad fg % wise, he could use some work on the boards though. eh. who knows

HOZ THE KNICK
07-02-2008, 09:49 AM
artest didn't opt out he stuck for another yr.

phanatik84
07-02-2008, 10:01 AM
You have to match the salaries, so the kings might have to add kenny thomas n a filler.

fins08
07-02-2008, 10:04 AM
I would still do Artest 4 Wright, although the money doesn't match up, we would ahve to throw in Banks. But, there was a reason that Pat didn't play Wright. He is a great coach, he knows better than all of us how good Dorell is. If he didn't play him, something is wrong with Wright. Artest is a nutcase but a way better player than Wright is.

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 12:09 PM

Dude i like wrights hes got so much talent . Hes a great defender and hes young. The nerve of you!

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Im with him, I wouldnt give up Wright for Artest. No point of trading away guys that could be here for the next 10 years. With constant playing time Wright will be an all star proly in about 2 years. I wouldnt give up Marion for him either. Marion is a real nice fit and the only way we should trade him is if we get young guys that could be potetial stars like Sean Williams, Thadeus Young, Monta Ellis, Josh Smith, Iguodola, Bayless etc.

Thankyou somebody who knows something. Hey what no one realizes is Dorell Wright is also Dwayne Wade's bestfriend. Im sure he wont want him traded. :clap: