PDA

View Full Version : OT: Has anybody had a bad experience with mlb.com

RichmondMets
07-02-2008, 01:21 AM
I just wanted to see if I was the only person who has been ripped off by mlb.com on this forum.. I have no agenda or anything like that - I am just a Mets fan living in Virginia who wanted to watch the day games on my computer at work .. I ordered the mlb.tv service and I couldn't get it to work on my computer..

I sat on hold with their customer service for over 45 minutes and when they finally picked up the phone I decided to cancel the subscription. According to their terms - you have 5 days to cancel your subscription and they will not charge you. I was told I would have a refund for the $19.95 within 10 business days.

Weeks pass and still no refund. I open my next credit card statement and to my shock they charged me for a second month.. I WAS PISSED! So I called them and sat on hold for over an hour this time.. and they assured me that they would get me my refund for the 2 months ($40 bucks)..

I'll make a long story short.. They have denied my refund request now a total of 4 times.. each time i sit on hold with customer service.. each time they tell me they don't know why it is getting denied.. each time they promise me it will be taken care of.. each time i receive the same email 2 weeks later...

Then I find these online forums.. It turns out that they are doing this to A LT OF PEOPLE!
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/MLB
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/334/RipOff0334325.htm
go check out their better business bureau report.. its a DISGRACE...

With the black cloud that is hanging over so many sports - including baseball - you would think that MLB wouldn't want to start pissing off their loyal customers.. their actions are at best - disgusting - and at worst - CRIMINAL..

Shame on Major League Baseball.. shame on mlb.com...

Has anybody on PSD had a similar problem with this??

abat
07-02-2008, 02:35 AM
MLB.TV works fine for me and I use it a lot. Never had any billng issues with them either but I have heard they are a nightmare to deal with.

k_rock923
07-02-2008, 06:33 AM
When the merchant is acting like this, you need to call your credit card company and let them take care of it.

acecrusher06
07-02-2008, 04:19 PM
and stop whining on this board. JK hahahaha. call the credit card company bud