PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis Sign and Trade

GodIsLove
07-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Is there anyway we can pair Monta Ellis and Deron in our backcourt for the next 5 years? Monta is the best under 25 scoring guard in the NBA. He's a bit undersized for the 2 spot, but like with AI a tall, strong, and athletic PG(like Baron in GState) that problem can minimized. For those of you who dont see a lot of GState games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3I80mts48

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-02-2008, 03:00 AM
lol why would tha warriors get rid of the player they're building around?

THE_FLASH_21
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
lol why would tha warriors get rid of the player they're building around?

Exactly... They just loss Baron.... Everything will be bulit around Monte!

jimbobjarree
07-02-2008, 07:00 PM
any chance of getting pietrus?

GodIsLove
07-02-2008, 08:55 PM
What if Gilbert signs with the Warriors?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-02-2008, 09:32 PM
What if Gilbert signs with the Warriors?

Then he would continue playin tha 2.

I'm not gonna lie... if Monta Ellis SOMEHOW were to end up in a Jazz uniform. the combo of him and DWill might be the scariest in the league.

I'm 100% sure Ellis wont be playin in Utah anytime soon.

JAZZNC
07-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Words can't describe how much I'd like to have Ellis in a Jazz uniform but it's just not going to happen in the near future.

GodIsLove
07-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Im sure our front office hasnt thought about for 2 secounds but if Gilbert signs with the Warriors(Unlikely as it is). I dont know how good those 2 fit together, and as s being disscussed in another topic in this forum AK47 would be a great 4 in thier system. I dont think the Suns wanted to let Joe Johnson go a few years ago but but when ATL offered him 12 mil a year and offered the Suns 2 first rounders in a sign and trade. Plus Joe said he perfered to be in ATL. I say we pay Monta whatever he wants and give up whatever it takes 2 get him.

Lo Porto
07-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Jazz Fans - We all need to hold our collective breaths and hope that the following happens:

Elton Brand or Gilbert Arenas do not go to the Warriors. We need Elton Brand to return to the Clippers or go to Miami and we need Gilbert to stay in Washington. First off, I don't want to see Gilbert in the Western Conference. That guy is a Jazz killer. Secondly, Elton staying in L.A. would be good for the NBA giving the Lakers some comp in their own city. Would a combo of Baron, Elton and Kaman be that much stronger than a combo of Elton, Kaman and Maggette. The Clips would be better, but not that much better.

The main reason we need both players to stay away from the Warriors is for one simple reason - if the Warriors lose out on both, they will make an offer for Kirilenko. If G.S. throws all that money out there and nobody takes it, they are going to look like fools if they don't get somebody. AK fits their system and would be a good addition for them. UTAH NEEDS TO GET RID OF AK IN A BAD WAY.

By the way, Ellis isn't going to happen.

futureman
07-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Not happening. If GS doesn't sign him either the Clips or Sixers will. Pietrus might be an option though. or we could always trade ak's worthless butt over to them so they can use their trade exception to move harrington.

jimbobjarree
07-03-2008, 10:00 AM
i dont think i like anyone else on their team, apart from jackson and pietrus

Lo Porto
07-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Ellis is restricted - trust me, he's not going anywhere. G.S. cannot lose their entire talented backcourt in one offseason. They will match any offer and they cannot consider trading him since he is perfect for Nellie's system.

I forgot about Stephen Jackson, but G.S. lost a bunch when they lost Baron. The only G.S. players I would consider would be Biedrins and Harrington. Pietrus is decent, but I'd rather see Brewer, Almond, Korver, Harpring, and even Miles considering they have fair contracts and they know the Jazz system. Biedrins is an athletic big who has weaknesses, but you can never have too many bigs. Harrington is an offensive machine who can play multiple positions. I would take him at 2 years and $20 million over AK at 3 years and $50.

Here is the dream offseason scenario for Utah:

Utah re-signs Deron to the max deal for 4 or 5 years
Utah signs Maggette to the full midlevel exception for 4 or 5 years
Brand stays with the Clips or goes to Miami
Arenas stays with Washington
Golden State doesn't sign a big Restricted FA (Josh Smith, Okafor, etc.)
G.S. trades Biedrins and/or future draft picks for AK (maybe get them to take Collins too)

We lose AK, gain Maggette and maybe Biedrins or draft picks, and we shed tons of cap for the future. That would be all we could ask for from this offseason - improve the team but open up money for the next 2 offseasons.

Sandmanspud
07-03-2008, 12:05 PM
This is probably unlikely and a bit of a stretch, but could be pulled off.

What if the Jazz pulled off a 3 team sign and trade?

Clippers get-Collins and CJ
Golden State gets-AK
Jazz get-Magette and Harrington

This way Clippers get something for Maggette(Collins expiring contract and backup center and a promising young 2), Warriors get a great piece for them, and the Jazz become dynamite actually improve their cap situation long term. We could also give Magette more than the mid-level (7-8 mil) which others wouldn't be able to offer.

Can you imagine a starting lineup of : D-will, Maggette, Harrington, Booz, Okur?
With a really deap bench of: Price, Hart, Brewer, Almond, Korver, Harpring, Millsap, Fez, and Koufos (Obviously a couple of the Rooks will be in Orem)

Your thoughts?

By the way, I am new to the forum. Excited to talk Jazz with the rest of ya!