View Full Version : will the warriors forsure 100% keep monta ellis

thebayarea
07-02-2008, 12:29 AM
i heard rumors he might go to the knicks or memphis

tell me hes staying a warrior give me proof

monta ellis my favorite player as a warrior hes the future

Conor
07-02-2008, 12:32 AM
He's a restricted free agent, so we can match any offers he gets. Whether he stays is in our hands, and no way Mullin will lose the new face of our franchise. The Knicks aren't in a position to be handing out huge contracts, and they don't have anything worth trading Monta for. As for the Grizzlies, while they have the financial means and hometown lure for Monta, they have no need with the plethora of young guards they already have.

JLantern
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
the other possibility is that monta takes the one year tender and becomes an unrestricted free agent at the end of this coming season. this is something i really feel we need to watch out for, cuz you never know what might happen. the warriors better just lock him up to a fat deal instead of looking to match what other teams throw out there.

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
dude there are no rumors like that and mullen has made it very clear he is not letting him leave., the only rumors of him going to the knicks are from knicks fans who specualte. read the article a knicks fan today that he thinks sugets he might come there. all the article talks about is how ellis is gonna stay with us and how mullen loves him and that the knicks would LIKE to have him. ALso the grizzlies have not been rum,ored any where to have intrest other than teh fact they have alot of room. but they have way to many guards to add monta. jsu tthink about things logically please. from chad ford today-
Bob akron: What do you think of the Cavs and Heat being interested in acquiring Monte Ellis from the Warriors.

Chad Ford: I'm not sure why Cavs fans keep sending this. They have a zero shot of getting Ellis. He's a restricted free agent. The Warriors point guard just signed with the Clippers. They will match any offer.

dont let the crayzs on this board freak you out. they dont read any reports or listen to what actually going on. Monta Ellis is not going anywhere.

MiamiHeat
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
the heat and cavs are interested in him

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
the heat and cavs are interested in him

yea no **** and were interested in lebron to. just cuz teams would liek to have a player doesnt mean it is ever ever gonna happen.

Bob akron: What do you think of the Cavs and Heat being interested in acquiring Monte Ellis from the Warriors.

Chad Ford: I'm not sure why Cavs fans keep sending this. They have a zero shot of getting Ellis. He's a restricted free agent. The Warriors point guard just signed with the Clippers. They will match any offer.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-02-2008, 07:33 PM
he will be in a golden state uniform next season he is yar franchise and if mullin let's him get away he will be fired!

IamTurboman
07-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I am pretty sure we'll sign him. We can match any offer. The onlything is that a week ago I was almost 100% sure that BD would not opt out of 17.8 mill!

My confidence is a little shaken!

twissst89
07-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Monta will probably stay in Golden State. 1 rumor is Marion for Ellis but then u wudnt really be filling holes. If he does leave u at least could get a lot in return. How about:

Heat trade Marion and Haslem for Ellis. Marion is an all star and 1 of the best defenders in the league. Hel also put up a lot of points in that system and he grabs bout 10 boards a game. Haslem was the starter on a championship squad and averages a double double. Hel also give u the defense that u need. With a lineup of Jackson, Marion, Haslem, Biedrins, u have a few things that could get u a point guard. Harrington or Wright. 1 of the point guards thats on the block is Raymond Felton. Bobcats are looking to put Okafor at center but they have no power foward. Harrington or Wright for Felton would give u a line up like this
Felton
Jackson
Marion
Haslem
Biedrins

The warriors would do this cus it gives u 2 amazing defenders and amazing rebounders. They also could put up points.

The heat would do this cus it would give us Monta(who hopefully could play point) and would clear our salary for us to go after someone else.

Trade works cus ur under the cap and it doesnt take u more then 100k over.

OneOpportunity
07-02-2008, 11:59 PM
highly unlikely. I dont see the point in going in that direction. We still wouldnt make the playoffs so there would be no point in trading away a young star like Ellis who is suppose to be a key part of our future

Zefflin
07-03-2008, 12:06 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240724

Please let it be him, that would be god damn awesome.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 12:12 AM
no only is that thread totoally dumb and pointless but everyone else that responded to that guy thinks he is an idiot. pleae dont post garbge like that here

twissst89
07-03-2008, 12:16 AM
highly unlikely. I dont see the point in going in that direction. We still wouldnt make the playoffs so there would be no point in trading away a young star like Ellis who is suppose to be a key part of our future

Felton
Jackson
Marion
Haslem
Biedrins Wouldnt make the playoffs? Its a better team then u had last year.

Tmac416
07-03-2008, 12:21 AM
were not trading ellis and no it oesnt. becuase were not gonna sign shawn marion long term. ellis is not movin for the millionth time. and no i dont think that lineup is any better. and raymon felton is not a starter. espicially on suposed play off team

Zefflin
07-03-2008, 12:23 AM
no only is that thread totoally dumb and pointless but everyone else that responded to that guy thinks he is an idiot. pleae dont post garbge like that here

Jesus at least I'm decent enough to use proper grammar.

twissst89
07-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Wud the Warriors do Randolph for Marion, or no 1 wants Marion.

OneOpportunity
07-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Felton
Jackson
Marion
Haslem
Biedrins Wouldnt make the playoffs? Its a better team then u had last year.

We didnt even make the playoffs last year and next year there will be two more very talented teams (Portland will be very good and the Clippers will be very good because in this situation Brand would have resigned with them). Felton simply isnt that good and this team would have no future compared to what we have now. Trading away Wright and Ellis. Those two guys are going to be cornerstones of our team for the next decade. You dont trade away future players who will make your team competitive for a decade for a team that will be competitive for 2 years but still no where near championship caliber. It simply would not be a smart move for us