PDA

View Full Version : The Tell Baron Davis How You Feel Thread!

GIANTS15
07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
i would like to say thank you for lying to all us fans who gave you so much support when you knew all along what your attentions where the minute the 2007-2008 season ended ....when you where chilling back talking to your boy Elton Brand during the playoffs on the cell drawing up your opt out plans together ...you hollywood diva ...good luck break a leg and i sure hope those teammate's you left behind and deserted get jacked up and whoop your ***** and your 3rd rate LA team the Clippers!!!

yes the clippers are the 3rd best professional basketball team behind the lakers and the lazers ...

FK U B DIDDY for all the lies within the past 48 hours.:clap:

tadmanny
07-01-2008, 11:40 PM
I hope you tear all the ligaments in your knee, you piece of ****. Thanks for nothing.

Jimmy3702
07-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Shady piece of ****. You never wanted to be with us you had a plan w/ Brand and the Clips. Hope you like playing for a loser. Welcome AGENT ZERO.

DZELL
07-01-2008, 11:53 PM
As Pacer fan, I know how you feel. I supported Artest during all his crazy *****. Watched him come of age and win the defensive player of the year award. Become and all-star. After the brawl at the palace, The fans rallied around him and defended him.

We didn’t even get a full last season out of him. He wanted a trade right in the middle of the season! After all we did for him, he turned his back on us. We made Artest. You notice he has never been the same type of player since he left us.

I hope Davis is never the same without you guys.

From one heart broken fan to others.

lincecum=future
07-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Damn you guys need to calm down. I would never wish an injury on a player. But it was definitely shady of Baron to opt out at the last second instead of telling us before when we could of used that trade exception to get someone to replace him.

Conor
07-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Baron.....I'm not going to just shower you with cuss words and insults, but I do want you to think about how much of a kick in the face this is. The fact that you are taking considerably less money to join a division rival after strongly hinting that you'd return is disgusting. Why couldn't you at least take the same salary from the Clippers that we can offer and at least allow us to work a sign and trade so we don't end up with nothing? You sicken me, there is no excuse to the fact that you are screwing over the team that revived your career and the fans that fell in love with you. It's obvious you've never cared for the fans as much as the fans have cared for you, case in point- you getting ****faced the night before we got eliminated from playoff contention and your last game as a Warrior.

So that's how you'll be remembered Baron, despite all the great moments you've had donning the gold and blue. As an irresponsible, two-timing, careless drunk who jumped ship from the team that saved your career as soon as you possibly could.

Shame on you Baron. Shame on you.

Lincoln Logs
07-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Baron.....I'm not going to just shower you with cuss words and insults, but I do want you to think about how much of a kick in the face this is. The fact that you are taking considerably less money to join a division rival after strongly hinting that you'd return is disgusting. Why couldn't you at least take the same salary from the Clippers that we can offer and at least allow us to work a sign and trade so we don't end up with nothing? You sicken me, there is no excuse to the fact that you are screwing over the team that revived your career and the fans that fell in love with you. It's obvious you've never cared for the fans as much as the fans have cared for you, case in point- you getting ****faced the night before we got eliminated from playoff contention and your last game as a Warrior.

So that's how you'll be remembered Baron, despite all the great moments you've had donning the gold and blue. As an irresponsible, two-timing, careless drunk who jumped ship from the team that saved your career as soon as you possibly could.

Shame on you Baron. Shame on you.

:clap:

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Baron Davis.....

You bastard!

You did this to New Orleans as well! I was hoping you'd be the man to revive New Orleans, but no. Now you go to Golden State and you even admitted "IM IN THE PRIME OF MY CAREER."

So now you wimp out of Golden State?

You are a disgrace to both New Orleans and Oakland. I feel sorry for you next time you roll through Oakland. You had every fan in the building's confidence within you. Then you turn your cheeks on Oakland and go to Los Angeles. Yeah you better stay at home where you came from.

I bet Oakland can't wait to see you next time.

Good luck in LA. I love LA Clippers, but I'm not going to like the team thanks to you. It's still Elton's team PUNK.

You lost an avid fan.

You're just mediocre now.

WestCoastPhan
07-02-2008, 12:41 AM
WTF am i supposed to do with his jersey now?!

thebayarea
07-02-2008, 12:42 AM
i hate you .you and elton planned this you pece of fker

LakerFan4L1fe24
07-02-2008, 01:13 AM
ESPN has said that you guys were not willing to match the Clippers offer and instead your offer was much shorter and involved way less money. So I dont see why you guys are so mad...

Conor
07-02-2008, 01:18 AM
How is 18 million, which was what he opted out of, less money than 13 million?

Hail_Hiroshima
07-02-2008, 01:20 AM
"I am not bound over to swear allegiance to any master; where the storm drives me I turn in for shelter."- Horace

Run and hide :hide:

LakerFan4L1fe24
07-02-2008, 01:21 AM
How is 18 million, which was what he opted out of, less money than 13 million?

He wanted a safe, long term deal. If you guys really wanted him back I think you guys would have made an effort to at least match the offer.

Conor
07-02-2008, 01:24 AM
He agreed on the first day he possibly could though! He said he really wanted to stay, but if he did, wouldn't he take a little more time in his decision? No. He lied to us fans.

kylem4711
07-02-2008, 01:27 AM
ESPN has said that you guys were not willing to match the Clippers offer and instead your offer was much shorter and involved way less money. So I dont see why you guys are so mad...

got you there..

lincecum=future
07-02-2008, 01:29 AM

Cool ESPN said that.

Wanna know what Baron Davis said?.......

That he wasn't going to opt out.

WestCoastPhan
07-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Cool ESPN said that.

Wanna know what Baron Davis said?.......

That he wasn't going to opt out.

and thats exactly why all us warrior fans are pissed. no loyalty to da bay, if we offered a max contract to agent 0 then im sure we coulda made a nice deal to baron, but he punked out and wanted to leave.

lincecum=future
07-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Here is Barons sorry attempt to say thank you to the Bay Area

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3470244&categoryId=2378529

:pity:

Manny23
07-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Baron Davis ani't a true warrior.. the front office is stupid how do you let go of some like j rich who was the heart n soul of the warriors..did they think that BD was a true warrior...

WestCoastPhan
07-02-2008, 01:40 AM
he better get out of the town real quick and stay out

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-02-2008, 01:52 AM
**** you you ****in doosh bag..u can kiss my *** when monta leads this team farther than you ever could...thx for nothin *******..enjoy ur extra cash playin in a ****ty city with ****ty fans..oh and enjoy making ur ****ty films in the future..**** off a-hole..**** LA..go warriors..I will BOO you until my voice is lost when u enter the oracle next season dick head

Warrior34
07-02-2008, 02:01 AM
I can't believe what i'm reading. How many times did Baron have to say he wanted to finish his Career as a Warrior...yet gay *** Mullin still wants to be a DOLLAR MILLIONAIRE....see what happens when u play around with peoples money?????

Yea i feel you guys...BARON SUCKS BCUZ he wanted to take less money per (10-13 million) opposed to his 17million this yr to REMAIN A WARRIOR...very selfish huh?

Baron and friends led us to the playoffs...the next yr...they WIN even more games...I guess HISTORY REPEATS itself...u WARRIOR FANS know how bad our Management has been for over a decade.

Mullins offer Arenas 5yr 101million dollar contract, and cant give baron 5yr 65 million?? and u guys are mad at Baron for deciding he wants to play somewhere he's Wanted by management?? interesting...

Go Monta at PG next yr...i hope he learns how to make his teammates better

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-02-2008, 02:06 AM
I am just shocked at this whole thing.
I cant even put words into what I feel. Im so pissed.... I hate losing but it appears next year will be another down year... Losing boom dizzle doesnt help.. He aint got no heart...

kevin98189
07-02-2008, 02:11 AM
well baron really screwed us over, but its also chris mullins fault too. well now to look at the big picture, we're not a playoff team. with the emergence of the trailblazers and maybe another suprise team the west is way too strong for us. we need to trade to get a quality player. maybe j-rich again or maybe a carmelo anthony? but even if we trade we dont have the right chips. maybe God will feel pity on us and somehow get gilbert arenas back here.

the best case scenario is to have monta and jackson become serious leader and fill their respective roles and have a brandon wright dominate.

not really sure if im saying everything right..... yea......

BAYAREA DEVOTEE
07-02-2008, 02:20 AM
Finally after using this site for more than a year I finally signed up after what I was reading in this forum. I have been a warrior fan since I was kid always watching them with my dad so I don’t want to hear you are band wagon fan (setting myself up for failure). Now to the subject, I am reading about how you guys are just pissed at Baron Davis. How bout turning some of this anger more towards the warriors. You guys have some very good reason to be mad. Yes baron said he wasn’t going to opt out, Yes I believe he could have waited for the warriors to make an offer, and Yes he took the deal for less money. But true warriors fans know contract talks have not just gone on for less than an month these talks have been going since the end of last season. The Warriors organization has been low ballin him and u all know it. If we would’ve just stop being so cheap we might have him on the team still. But with that said there is NO WAY I would’ve gave him a 5 year deal. And wishing injury upon him is messed up. If we really wanted not to be a one year wonder team they would’ve signed him how can you offer arenas that much and not offer baron a deal both being injury prone!!! Well to baron thanks for the dunk on ak47 and the game winners on Boston and LA never cheered that loud in my life but when you come back to the bay I am booing the ******* out of you.

Aliengames
07-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Dear Baron Davis:

Your short film sucked, your documentary is going to suck, and you suck. **** you.

bryan_22221
07-02-2008, 02:28 AM
I met Baron Davis, before a Warriors and Jazz Game in 2006, and he is a cool dude, he sat there and talked to me and my buddy for about 15 minutes, right then and there he jumped up to being my # 1 favorite NBA player. But now, he isn't even in my top 50. Anyone who is a true fan, knows that when he got on camera & said THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the Bay Area, he was just saying that cause he was on camera, if he loved the Bay so much, he would still be with us for at least this season, but no he is a typical So-Cal idiot, all he cares about is himself, making movies, & being in the limelight, & what better place to be than the most self centered town in the world. LOS ANGELES. GOOD LUCK TRADER!!!

gswmentality
07-02-2008, 02:34 AM
baron davis. i'll give you this. you DESERVED to be an all star last year. at the very least over brandon roy. you lived up to your expectations knowing it was your contract year. you showed how hard work can lead to greater things. well greater things isnt always greener on the other side. taking more money with the clippers will haunt you. fans were here with you. we believed you'd be the savior of our franchise but you ******* is. i'll also agree that management was too damn CHEAP to offer you a better deal. hopefully businesswise, you made the right move, but heart wise, you ******* up.

arbhieone
07-02-2008, 03:02 AM
gentlemen, **** Baron the moron... it's monta's time. hopefully he will stay and revive what's left. look at the bright side, the future is now, let's see what these young gunners can do for us, no need to wait for the future. and hhmm...i wonder how captain jack and the rest of the team felt about baron turning his back on them.

bmac650
07-02-2008, 03:16 AM
i feel as if i have been kicked in the balls

ejdacanay
07-02-2008, 03:29 AM
i say fck you baron.

barondavis=mvp
07-02-2008, 04:02 AM
i love u baron...ima miss u

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-02-2008, 05:02 AM
**** you
**** you
**** you
**** you

jsand3030
07-02-2008, 05:12 AM
Wow ... well baron, you left us feeling like we got punched in the stomach... Next year when u come to town your really gonna get it from the crowd, itll be interestiing.. I would love for the Dubs to throw a wrench in the clippers plans now and sign Elton like they did to us... hes the player that we need... were not out of it guys---- we still can score, all we need is someone that can run the team and tighten up our D fense....

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 05:29 AM
I don't know why everyone is blaming Baron Davis for
1.) Going to a team willing to pay him
2.) Going to a team where he has a big man
3.) Going home

I blame Chris Cohan, the cheap owner who refused to match the offer or even come close to what the Clips we're offering.

I wish Baron the best of luck and thank him for helping to lead this team to the playoffs for the first time in 13 years.

A huge part of me is glad that we didn't resign Baron 5 years $65 million is a huge risk, especially, when it would only enable to be playoff contenders, as we lacked that essemtial big man to put us over the top.

Baron has been injury prone throughout his career, so this can end up backfiring on the Clips.

We're officially rebuildin, so where do we trade Al and Jack's too?

Saltinuts40
07-02-2008, 09:36 AM
The only place harder to win than Golden State is the L.A. Clippers. Glad to see your commitment to win is a complete lie too. I am glad it will be easier for your grandmother to see you play, but you are a complete idiot if you think the Clippers will ever be any good. Mike Dunleavy is as bad a coach as his son is a player. Good luck not killing another coaching relationship. Elton Brand is washed up and Chris Kaman is a human piece of sheet.

Sounds like you will be getting a hardcore reception when you return to Oakland you backstabber. Don't ever refer to the Bay Area as the best fans ever again because we're not your fans anymore.

Rhyming Rebel
07-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Damn you guys need to calm down. I would never wish an injury on a player. But it was definitely shady of Baron to opt out at the last second instead of telling us before when we could of used that trade exception to get someone to replace him.

Baron had to do whats best for Baron. I understand all of you as fans hate how he left, but lets not forget he asked on many occasions for a new contract. It was the Warriors management who failed to comply. All they had to do was extend him, but they refused saying they needed to make sure he was healthy. Well if 82 games out of an 82 game season is not healthy then I dont know what healthy is. Blame Mullin and Nelson for what has happened. They screwed Pietrus and Barnes, now you as fans are forced to watch a subpar team not make the playoffs. After Baron and crew set new standards of being a fast paced, high scoring and entertaining team with playoff expectations. You should start a thread to fire Mullin. Lets look at who he has exiled; Jason Richardson, Matt Barnes, Pietrus and Baron Davis.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-02-2008, 09:43 AM
players just love to play in big markets they think they can make money on the side as well as their contract.

Rhyming Rebel
07-02-2008, 09:47 AM
3.) Going home

I blame Chris Cohan, the cheap owner who refused to match the offer or even come close to what the Clips we're offering.

I wish Baron the best of luck and thank him for helping to lead this team to the playoffs for the first time in 13 years.

A huge part of me is glad that we didn't resign Baron 5 years $65 million is a huge risk, especially, when it would only enable to be playoff contenders, as we lacked that essemtial big man to put us over the top.

Baron has been injury prone throughout his career, so this can end up backfiring on the Clips.

As a Houston Rockets Fan I say we would gladly take Stephen Jackson off your hands.

BigWheel
07-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Typical sports fan reactions..... You all coveted him and were afraid to criticize his dumb on court decisions all year - even though many people posted on this forum he was an ego maniac and a mild team cancer on the court with his poor 3 piont shooting.

Heck I called him Boom Fizzle and was trashed for it.

Now you are all heart broken and *****ier than an old lady.

Don't be so blind to the facts that reveal themselves in small situations ( crappy Bulls at home game, Suns Game end of season) and realize in the moment who people really are rather than blindly worship them.

I also stated i thought Chauncy Billups was way better and more professional PG for the NBA and got reamed....... does anybody still feel that way now???

Glad the ***** is gone - he is replaceable.

ejdacanay
07-02-2008, 12:48 PM
3.) Going home

Why Blame Baron?

1. No adequate time from a verbal warning to draft a PG.
2. No adequate time from a verbal warning to use the Exception.
3. Told teammates and media he will stay.

He is not worth a 5 Year contract especially at 20 mil which he was supposedly wanting. I would not even give him 15/yr. With his injury history he is not worth it.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Why Blame Baron?

1. No adequate time from a verbal warning to draft a PG.
2. No adequate time from a verbal warning to use the Exception.
3. Told teammates and media he will stay.

He is not worth a 5 Year contract especially at 20 mil which he was supposedly wanting. I would not even give him 15/yr. With his injury history he is not worth it.

I don't think he's worth a long term deal either, but he got one, so why be upset?

In regards to your reasons.
1.) They were no PG's available, unles we traded up and got Bayless, but Portland was a spot ahead of us and did the S/T for Bayless.
2.) I agree that we could have used the exception.
3.) He told the media he would stay IF he got a fair contract extension. He hinted at it several times.

I am pissed that we didn't get something for him, but Mullin and co should also be blamed and should have done a better job of foreshadowing. They should have shopped him and we could've got something for him. Instead we got nothing.

Crazy Crab
07-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I thought it was common knowledge he wanted to play in L.A. some time "in the future." I did not think the future would be now. To those who are hatin' on the Warriors for not signing him--they would have been suckers to have given him 5 years. The guy had ONE injury free season his entire career. I still wonder how injury free he was toward the end of this season. He is some sort of god because he got us past the FIRST ROUND? It was a real punk move what he did. I guess he was trying to work all his out with his pal Brand until the last minute. Why did he put his condo or whatever the eff it was up for sale months ago if he planned to stay here? As much as I would love to pass the blame to owners/management, the evidence points to the fact that Baron never had any plans/desire to stay. I wonder what the Clippers front office and fans will think of the 5 year deal after he blows out both knees and weighs 300 pounds after eating too many big macs while home recuperating??

Lincoln Logs
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Garlic Boy Wrote:
... 3.) He told the media he would stay IF he got a fair contract extension. He hinted at it several times...

Actually he said he wouldn't opt out, period...

JLantern
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
thanks for the memories baron, i'll be cheering you on in LA, but when you come up here, i'll definitely be the first one booing.

mintfrosty
07-02-2008, 06:37 PM
No matter how cheap we think Chris Cohan is, he is obviously learning from his mistakes. During the post Nellie/Webber era (the first one) he was committed to mediocrity; signing players that didn't/couldn't make a difference. Players that would be bench warming at best on other teams. Then came the era of over spending. Giving large contracts to players that they were scared of losing. Now we've come to the "cheap phase" or the fiscally responsible phase. Maybe some of Billy Beane's influence has rubbed off on the W's. Personally I like the idea. Basketball is perhaps the one sport where you can add one player and it makes a world of difference. If LeBron wasn't on the Cavs (and he won't be in the near future), the Cavs would be a sub par team.

Baron made the right decision for himself. He knows he can't keep with this uptempo pace, at least not for the duration 5 years that he received from the Clips. And he knew that the W's wouldn't offer him much else b/c he really won't last that much longer in this run and gun system. Plus, he tired out at the end. Why did Nellie bench Baron in the Phoenix game that really mattered (which by the way gets way over hyped by ppl in ESPN and taking Baron's side of the equation)? He had a birthday bash the night before!!! He clearly is not focused basketball for one reason or another (tired, hates Nellie, making movies, etc.).

The one thing that I hate that I absolutely blame Baron for is playing on the emotions of the fans. Over the entire summer he's been proclaiming how much he loves the fans. How he's hemming and hawing but really wants to come back. How he wants to bring a championship to the Bay Area. Bull *****.
Honestly he could have just shut up, said "I have no comment until this thing is resolved." Honestly the thing I'm going to miss most is Jessica Alba showing up at games.

Baron, good luck with playing in front of Billy Crystal all the time. And guess what?.......chicken *****. :moon:

SeddysedWarrior
07-02-2008, 09:16 PM
even tho im pissed off to see baron go i still wanna thank him for everything his done for the team, yes i know he said he was gonna stay and all of a sudden opt out of the contract but we cant blame him cause he knew that the warrior management didnt want him for the long run which is true he prolly has 2 3 years left in him so the warriors not signing him maybe is a good idea i mean we still have monta and jack i mean we can still sign peitrus to play the 2 and hav alots of money to sign someone big next season so i dont blame them. but for baron good luck im still gonna watch your games but i hope you dont make the playoffs hahaha. :smoking:

CityKid415
07-02-2008, 09:43 PM
WTF am i supposed to do with his jersey now?!

Burn it?! :mad: haha

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Don't worry about it fellas. Instead of being mad at Baron we should be happy for him. Lets be honest, we weren't going any place. If we resigned him for big money then we would be putting ourselves in a bad position down the road when our youngsters would finally develope. Let him leave. We'll see what injuries and losing brings to him in the end. Lets focus on the youngsters and trade our vets away for some picks or young talent. If Monta and Biedrins develope into what we hope then we will be alright. Besides, we might be pleasently surprised.