PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James

chicagowhitesox
07-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Which team will LeBron play for after his current contract expires?

ManRam
07-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I've jumped on the LeBron to the Nets bandwagon. I hope he stays in Cleveland, and builds up his legacy there, but the lure of Brookyln is too strong. Every indicates he'll bolt...unless the Cavs bring in a boatload of help, and bring it in fast.

ShakeN'Bake
07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
If the cavs can get some decent players he will stay with them.

Wade3
07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
IF he leaves he's going to New York

Buckwheat
07-01-2008, 11:42 PM
I just want to get one thing straight.. The Cavs will know if he is staying or not when the time comes..

They will know if he is going to resign or not.. If he isn't, they will trade him. So it is impossible to say who he will go to. I doubt he is even going to be a Free Agent, and I doubt he even goes to New York or New Jersey because they have little trade bait. Unless he screws the Cavs over, he will either be traded or resigned.

I don't get why everyone thinks the Cavs will just let a player like him go into Free Agency. They aren't the Nationals working with Alfonso Soriano.

Dirty Dirk41
07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
anyone who thinks Lebron will play for the cavs, or knicks are ********...HES GOING TO BROOKLYN TO BECOME KING OF NEWYORK

Buckwheat
07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
anyone who thinks Lebron will play for the cavs, or knicks are ********...HES GOING TO BROOKLYN TO BECOME KING OF NEWYORK

Nice post..

:rolleyes:

ee
07-01-2008, 11:49 PM
I just want to get one thing straight.. The Cavs will know if he is staying or not when the time comes..

They will know if he is going to resign or not.. If he isn't, they will trade him. So it is impossible to say who he will go to. I doubt he is even going to be a Free Agent, and I doubt he even goes to New York or New Jersey because they have little trade bait. Unless he screws the Cavs over, he will either be traded or resigned.

I don't get why everyone thinks the Cavs will just let a player like him go into Free Agency. They aren't the Nationals working with Alfonso Soriano.

uhh, He's never been a unrestricted FA in his career, any top player would test the market unless he's in a sure contender and everything he needs are met.....It's really not up to the Cavs anymore whether he'll be a FA or not, he's not in his rookie contract......

Even if they trade him, let's say they trade him to get something back, he's still be under his original contract and there's no stopping what he'll do even if he goes to another team......

Leftcoast_yg
07-01-2008, 11:51 PM
who cares dude is confused, kicking it with jay z and all, jay's whack promoting the devil and all that stuff and masonry(listen to lucifer backwards) i hope he finds the rtuth before he ends up in hell

Buckwheat
07-01-2008, 11:52 PM
uhh, He's never been a unrestricted FA in his career, any top player would test the market unless he's in a sure contender and everything he needs are met.....It's really not up to the Cavs anymore whether he'll be a FA or not, he's not in his rookie contract......

Even if they trade him, let's say they trade him to get something back, he's still be under his original contract and there's no stopping what he'll do even if he goes to another team......

Nice post. I didn't think of it much that way.

I'm just getting pretty pissy over all of these LeBron threads :laugh2:

ManRam
07-01-2008, 11:54 PM

Ok Nostradamus.

I kind of hope he doesn't go to the Nets, just so I can laugh at you.

Who really knows? Just because he says he likes Brooklyn, and is buddies with Jay-Z doesn't mean he'll bold out of Cleveland. For all we know, the Nets never move to Brooklyn, or the Nets have absolutely nothing that LeBron can win with...or that Cleveland brings in another mega star. There are too many things that can happen to make anything a slam dunk. It's so far down the road.

"******". Real mature.

Buckwheat
07-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Ok Nostradamus.

I kind of hope he doesn't go to the Nets, just so I can laugh at you.

Who really knows? Just because he says he likes Brooklyn, and is buddies with Jay-Z doesn't mean he'll bold out of Cleveland. For all we know, the Nets never move to Brooklyn, or the Nets have absolutely nothing that LeBron can win with...or that Cleveland brings in another mega star. There are too many things that can happen to make anything a slam dunk. It's so far down the road.

"******". Real mature.

Plus, why would he leave this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWDMaIX-Yg&feature=related)? :laugh2:

chad311k9
07-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Its already a done deal between him and Jay-Z. He IS GOING to the Nets! No doubt about it. Even if he wins championships the next 2 years with the Cavs, and gets a dream team around him, he is still leaving for the Nets.

Buckwheat
07-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Its already a done deal between him and Jay-Z. He IS GOING to the Nets! No doubt about it. Even if he wins championships the next 2 years with the Cavs, and gets a dream team around him, he is still leaving for the Nets.

This was a bad post before you even said the bolded part..

This just drove it straight to hell and back.

It's a shame.. You have such an awesome first name, too.

ee
07-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Plus, why would he leave this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWDMaIX-Yg&feature=related)? :laugh2:

So he can be next to this (http://wes.liberatedmatter.com/sitdownstandup/images/americangangster.jpg):D

Rox07
07-02-2008, 12:13 AM
From what I've heard from people who live in Ohio, if Lebron James leaves he will kill the only good thing Ohio has ever had. They have a HUGE poster thing of him covering like 3/4ths of a downtown building lol.

Sucks for Ohio but it looks like hes going to the Nets.

matrixskillz
07-02-2008, 12:22 AM
LeBroom will be a Brooklyn Net!

ee
07-02-2008, 12:23 AM
this nets choice went from 7 to 19 in like 2 minutes

Do0msday
07-02-2008, 12:24 AM
I really hope he comes to the Nets...mainly because I'm sure that there will be even more coverage of Jay-Z if it happens, and that means more Beyonce. Mmmm Beyonce ....

adealstimson
07-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Jay and LeBron have this all planned out.. Its obvious.. 2010, the Nets and LeBron are both moving to Brooklyn, it's easy to see.. 90 mill bonus from Nike? Hed be a fool not to.. Not to mention what Jay-Z is gonna do for his marketing..

hgtiger32
07-02-2008, 12:38 AM
LeBron James wants to be the 1st billionaire athlete.

LeBron has his own shoe contract with Nike and has like 20 different kinds of shoes...did i mention that LeBron has a clothing line?

Sponsers for Bubbilicuous, Microsoft, Vitamin Water

If this kid wins NBA Championships and MVPs he'll go down as the greatest athlete ever....bigger and better than Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez, and even Michael Jordan

I think that he'll move to New York - i mean Brooklyn- because he wants his image world wide

Think of this lineup with the Nets

PG-Devin Harris
SG-
SF-LeBron James
PF- Yi Jinlian
C- Brook Lopez

The only need is a SG...and heck maybe D-Wade will take less $$$ even LeBron could take less $$$$...Sebastian Telfair at point with LeBron would be scary!!!:cry:

brandonwarne52
07-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Are we really going to have a new thread on this every day until 2010?

kingbrentg
07-02-2008, 12:39 AM

It's the minimum.

YankeeFan28
07-02-2008, 12:40 AM

Wouldn't that be something?

brandonwarne52
07-02-2008, 12:50 AM
Given the collective IQ of the 'contributors' to the NBA boards, nah, not really.

hgtiger32
07-02-2008, 12:51 AM
maybe LBJ 23 will be in a movie too

lakers4sho
07-02-2008, 12:54 AM
LBJ would be synonymous to money from now on. I already requested a definition and synonym change for the Merriam Webster dictionaries and thesaurus.

infamous
07-02-2008, 12:54 AM

:laugh::laugh: looks like it.

Buckwheat
07-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, I might as well root for a different team since he isn't on the Cavs anymore.

ee
07-02-2008, 01:04 AM
LeBron James wants to be the 1st billionaire athlete.

LeBron has his own shoe contract with Nike and has like 20 different kinds of shoes...did i mention that LeBron has a clothing line?

Sponsers for Bubbilicuous, Microsoft, Vitamin Water

If this kid wins NBA Championships and MVPs he'll go down as the greatest athlete ever....bigger and better than Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez, and even Michael Jordan

I think that he'll move to New York - i mean Brooklyn- because he wants his image world wide

Think of this lineup with the Nets

PG-Devin Harris
SG-
SF-LeBron James
PF- Yi Jinlian
C- Brook Lopez

The only need is a SG...and heck maybe D-Wade will take less $$$ even LeBron could take less $$$$...Sebastian Telfair at point with LeBron would be scary!!!:cry:

you don't have VC in that line up so he must be gone for expiring, there goes the other 18million that can go to D-Wade.......The Nets contracts are mostly rookies + Devin Harris if they can unload VC for an expiring and picks.....

LeBrowns
07-02-2008, 01:43 AM
"They point to how the Knicks and Nets are cleaning up their salary-cap situations, creating room to bid for James in 2010. How about this scoop? James is now hanging around with SpongeBob SquarePants, and the two were spotted chomping crabby patties at the Krusty Krab. He must be ticketed for Bikini Bottom in 2010, not just making a cartoon for kids stressing the need to exercise."

JackSplack
07-02-2008, 02:10 AM
This cat is out of Cleavland...he aint even being shy about it, and when he goes you all aint gett'n nothing for him, just cap space. I know there's mad love for this guy, but maybe ya'll should just up and trade him (blasphemy, yup!) now and get something in return. Maybe some young phenom talent and some allstar pieces. Tie in a bad contract with him.Maybe him and Wallace back to Chicago for Rose/Deng/Noah/Thomas...or maybe with Miami for Beasley and Marion. Both sides have plenty of junk contracts to make the money work out. You get the B-Easy and Marion's money comes off the books after next season. I'm just sayin, this guy looks like he's mosdef gonna bail on his home state.
Any other ideas?

LeBrowns
07-02-2008, 02:49 AM
"There has been something that has been really bugging me over the past year or so in the NBA and it has been all of this talk about LeBron James going to play in New York City for either the New York Knicks or, what will be, the Brooklyn Nets, whom his good friend Jay-Z is part owner of.

It has been absolutely ludicrous. Yeah, LeBron loves New York. I've been there too. It's an awesome place. It doesn't mean I want to live there or work there.

LeBron is a New York Yankee fan and wears their baseball caps so he's obviously going there. Neat. Guess what. I love the San Francisco 49ers and still wear my old Steve Young jersey. I am obviously going to relocate to San Fransisco and start working there.

LeBron went off for 50 points in Madison Square Garden. Could you imagine what he'd do if he played there 41 games out of the year instead of just twice. Oh my gosh! He might average 49.265 points in an NBA season. That would be crazy!

The latest LeBron hoopla has come from my naturally intuitive counterparts at ESPN (Steven A. Smith) and Yahoo! Sports (Dan Wetzel). They have been discussing one of LeBron's most recent interviews at Team USA's practices. You know the one where they asked him what his favorite bureau of New York City was and he responded with "Brooklyn. Brooklyn is definitely a great place here in New York City, and some of my best friends are from Brooklyn, so I stick up for them."

I think it's funny how they fortunately missed the first half of the interview where LeBron says he's committed to Cleveland as long as they prove to him they are committed to winning and then followed with "I just want to win. I want to get better every year. That's all I ask. I know me. I know I will go to the gym and work out and make sure I'm better the next year. I just need for the organization to make that same commitment, which I think the Cavs have." Thank you Bill Eichenberger of The Sporting News for actually being a responsible columnist and reporting the entire interview.

I'm not just saying this as a Cavs homer, which I will proudly say that I have been since the days of Mark Price and Brad Daugherty, but LeBron has no real incentive to leave Cleveland. All the talk about him getting bonuses from his sponsors if he's playing in NYC or L.A. was not true. The Cavs can offer him the highest pay check and he's playing in his hometown.

There have been rumblings around the media about how people close to LeBron James have been telling them that he is not entirely convinced Cleveland can be an elite team. The Cavs are still a top notch team in the Eastern Conference. Many argue they took the Celtics the closest to elimination with their stifling defense. They did this with a roster that was barely familiar with each other due to the huge playoff-deadling blockbuster trade that sent half of their team out of town.

Even if LeBron is not happy with the current makeup of the team, the Cavs have two years to fix that, upgrade the roster, and convince LeBron that the franchise is committed to winning.

Much of the media can say what they want, but there is no substance to the talk of LeBron leaving. If it happens, it'll be in two years. And that is a very large if. So for now I wish some others would just swallow their tongue and stop manufacturing stories that aren't really there. Thanks ESPN. Thanks Yahoo! Sports. Have a good night. "

U1timateCubsFan
07-02-2008, 03:19 AM
There is such a big deal about this for no reason. Honestly, the media runs away with everything that this guy has to say. Sure he loves brooklyn and has some mad love of NYC but he praises the Cavs a lot too and that never gets published. I don't pay attention to this cuz it's all a one way stream with the media right now. I mean I'll believe it when I see it.

Honestly, I don't think he leaves his hometown unless the Cavs don't do anything in terms of help from now till 2010 and he loses confidence in them. That's just my opinion because i think he is being smart about this whole media stuff by manipulating the media to light a fire under the Cavs' butts so they make some moves to help him.

LeBrowns
07-02-2008, 03:23 AM
This cat is out of Cleavland...he aint even being shy about it, and when he goes you all aint gett'n nothing for him, just cap space. I know there's mad love for this guy, but maybe ya'll should just up and trade him (blasphemy, yup!) now and get something in return. Maybe some young phenom talent and some allstar pieces. Tie in a bad contract with him.Maybe him and Wallace back to Chicago for Rose/Deng/Noah/Thomas...or maybe with Miami for Beasley and Marion. Both sides have plenty of junk contracts to make the money work out. You get the B-Easy and Marion's money comes off the books after next season. I'm just sayin, this guy looks like he's mosdef gonna bail on his home state.
Any other ideas?

Thanks for that extremely intelligent response Nestrodamus

MrThrowBack23
07-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Hes goin to Italy with Marbury jk

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Hopefully the Bulls.
:D

futureman
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Cavs are in kind of a bad situation with all of the monster contracts that they have. I just don't think they can get the players that lebron would be satisfied with.

ManRam
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
LBJ would be synonymous to money from now on. I already requested a definition and synonym change for the Merriam Webster dictionaries and thesaurus.

Every player wants to move to a bigger market. Kobe refused to play anywhere but LA. Shaq bolted from Orlando. Everyone wants to play for the Knicks, even though they suck. VC demanded out of Toronto.

Every player dreams of playing in a big market. Can't fault LeBron for wanting to play in Brooklyn at all. Every player wants to be in a large market.

Afridi786
07-02-2008, 10:26 AM
I just don't see how any sane person can like Jay-Z.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Cavs are in kind of a bad situation with all of the monster contracts that they have. I just don't think they can get the players that lebron would be satisfied with.

The NYK are in a much worse mess. The Cavs contracts will be expiring at the same time the Knicks ones do, so why would that convince LeBron to head to the Knicks?

IndiansFan337
07-02-2008, 10:40 AM
The media loves this guy. They love rumors too. It's what fuels the articles, blogs, TV shows, etc. that they produce. So this is great for them.

The bottom line is that LeBron James has not decided yet whether he will remain a Cavalier or sign with another team when he does indeed become a F/A. He will see how the Cavs look in the short & long term when he opts out...And see what other suitors are available as well before making an educated decision. He's not "definitely heading to NY" because it's a bigger market or because Jay-Z is a slight owner of the Nets. That's all foolish. If he goes, it will be solely a basketball decision. And honestly, I don't see anyway that the Knicks will be enticing at that time. The Nets may possibly be in better shape than the Cavs, but even that I doubt.

When LeBron does make his final decision in a few years I do expect him to remain a Cavalier, although I reserve the right to change my mind between now & the time when he opts out in hopes of another big extension.

JHerms101
07-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Theres no doubt in my mind that lebron would stay with the cavs if he could get some help, but they screwed up the draft in getting jj hickson and had that awful trade with chicago that now just left them with olds guys and big contracts.............lebron's a net in 2010

_Sn1P3r_
07-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Theres no doubt in my mind that lebron would stay with the cavs if he could get some help, but they screwed up the draft in getting jj hickson and had that awful trade with chicago that now just left them with olds guys and big contracts.............lebron's a net in 2010

I agree. Unless the Cavs can get Bron some help, he'll be a Brooklyn Net in 2010.

MiamiHeatMafia
07-02-2008, 11:16 AM
This won't happen but I hope he can some how go to Miami

pavel96
07-02-2008, 11:29 AM
hell be a cav

TMAC94
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
i reckon these theards shouldnt be made till he is actually a FA.

Musical Tempo
07-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Its goes something like this....

If New Jersey Nets become the Brooklyn Knights(or Nets) w.e. the rumours are he will go there 100%.

If Nets doesn't move to New York, then if the KNICKS fixs their acts, Eddie Curry plays to his potential, he would be going there 50% depending on what the Cavs roaster looks like

My classmate told me that if he signs to play in New York or LA, that he would get another 45M from Nike, and if he wins a championshp with the New York Knicks he gets 45M more from Nike. Are these rumours true? I couldnt find no legit evidence of this online. Anyone got articles to varify these phony classroom talks?

njnets
07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
im a nets fan and it looks mighty well for them right now lol. i think the knicks are out of it because they are just a mess lol. the cavs will ONLY keep him if he feels that he can win a championship with those teammates. the nets are looking better, moving to brooklyn with young talent and a veteran in carter. lebron is also friends with jay-z. thats all i gotta say.

hgtiger32
07-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Brooklyn Knights? Is that for real? Cool. Sounds better than Nets...could only imagine LeBron in a Black and Blue Knights uniform....that would be sweet!

CarniifeX
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
HE IS COMING TO NEW JERSEY!!!! Or Brooklyn Nets.

harm0n1x
07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
First off, LeBron is committed to getting Cleveland a championship, and will NOT leave Cleveland until then, which if he does win one, I doubt he leaves anyways. Keep talking about his buddy Jay Z and these false $45M bonuses he will get if he goes to a bigger market or wins a championship with a big market team. If any of you have forgotten, HE ALL READY IS THE BIGGEST NAME IN BASKETBALL!!! And last time I checked, family comes before friends, and last time I checked his family is in Northeastern Ohio, along with his ridiculous house that is near completion in Bath, Ohio. Even if they do clear enough cap space, they'd leave LeBron the choice of playing with a bunch of nobodys, with the exception of an aging Carter, and the choice of waiting a couple of years for those teams to rebuild.... Oh yea, it's still 2008, so shut the hell up until 2010 comes.

LeBrowns
07-02-2008, 04:02 PM

You mean all the contracts that are expiring after this season? The only bad one with be Ben Wallace which is also expiring after next year.

Lebron23
07-04-2008, 01:50 AM
LeBrooklyn Nets :D

Dalionking
07-04-2008, 01:57 AM
it is for sure

ee
07-04-2008, 02:40 AM
I just don't see how any sane person can like Jay-Z.

Beyonce seems pretty sane to me.....

ee
07-04-2008, 02:44 AM
First off, LeBron is committed to getting Cleveland a championship, and will NOT leave Cleveland until then, which if he does win one, I doubt he leaves anyways. Keep talking about his buddy Jay Z and these false $45M bonuses he will get if he goes to a bigger market or wins a championship with a big market team. If any of you have forgotten, HE ALL READY IS THE BIGGEST NAME IN BASKETBALL!!! And last time I checked, family comes before friends, and last time I checked his family is in Northeastern Ohio, along with his ridiculous house that is near completion in Bath, Ohio. Even if they do clear enough cap space, they'd leave LeBron the choice of playing with a bunch of nobodys, with the exception of an aging Carter, and the choice of waiting a couple of years for those teams to rebuild.... Oh yea, it's still 2008, so shut the hell up until 2010 comes.
NO he isn't, his jersey sells 4th behind Iverson where he should be ruling that category of marketing.....The Finals against the Spurs recorded an all time NBA finals low for TV ratings, this shows that he's not being advertised the right way in OHIO, not getting the exposure he needs to get to that billionaire dream he has.....Also, you talk about family, this guy flies to New York just to eat dinner, you think he'll have family problems if he moves there??? Don't think so.....

theuuord
07-04-2008, 03:07 AM

i laughed at the inanity in most of these posts, but reading an entire paragraph of "analysis" and "evidence" followed by "shut the hell up, we shouldn't be analyzing it yet" was just too good not to repost....

lol.
LeBron stands to make more money in Brooklyn than Cleveland could ever dream of giving him in salary.

rico
07-04-2008, 03:30 AM
id LIKE to say chicago, but the only way that happens if they end up paying him like 20+mil a season i bet. but if reinsdorf is smart. he will do that.. he payed jordan 30mil :) so never know. but as of now im going to go with the crownd and say br00klyn

Wade>You
05-23-2012, 03:53 AM
Did a search, not one person guessed the Heat. Crazy how things turned out.

Bulls_fan90
05-23-2012, 04:08 AM
Why would the heatles need LeBron when they had the GREAT Michael Beasley?

Avenged
05-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Don't bump old threads.