PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Green to Join Dallas

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
HOUSTON -- Free agent guard Gerald Green has agreed to a one-year contract with the Dallas Mavericks. Green, a first round pick of the Boston Celtics in 2005, was part of the trade that sent Kevin Garnett from Minnesota to Boston. The Timberwolves traded Green to Houston last season. He played in one game for his home town team before being released.

Green was the NBA Slam-Dunk Champion at the 2007 All-Star Game.

"We have a verbal agreement with Dallas on a one year contract," said Colin Bryant, Green's agent in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "We talked to a number of teams and there is more money out there, but this is the best situation for Gerald at this point in his career."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=6892540&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

King Koopa
07-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Who cares he sucks anyways

DQL
07-02-2008, 01:13 AM
What is the point of this thread? This should belong to Mavs forums.

Master Mind
07-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Just reporting whatever I see...Plus I like Gerald Green and im sure there's a few others in here that do too...

daleja424
07-02-2008, 07:45 AM
I dont understand why he thinks Dallas is the best place for him at this point... he isnt even going to play. If you are a vet that wants to win a title like eddie jones then you go to dallas to sit on the bench and take a pay cut... but Green is young. He needed to take his money and go somewhere wehere he could prove that he knows how to play basketball

fins08
07-02-2008, 07:54 AM
All he can do is dunk. Houston cut him for a reason. Who cares?

MiamiHeatMafia
07-02-2008, 08:15 AM
He's not even that good..

Rain 816
07-02-2008, 08:38 AM
He's not even that good..

everyone stop hatin on Green Plz!!!!!! he has mad potential.....he is only 21 or 22 years old. let him grow a lil more.

Master Mind
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
everyone stop hatin on Green Plz!!!!!! he has mad potential.....he is only 21 or 22 years old. let him grow a lil more.

Exactly...Dorell Wright has potential too but hasn't really shown much but people seem to take up for him...I mean i've been a tough critic on Wright but even I know he needs more playing time to see if he can finally blossom into the player everyone expects him to be--that doesn't mean he will but we just got to wait and see...Same goes for Gerald Green who's athletiscm is off the charts, he just needs an opportunity to show his full game other than dunking...

Rolla
07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I dont understand why he thinks Dallas is the best place for him at this point... he isnt even going to play. If you are a vet that wants to win a title like eddie jones then you go to dallas to sit on the bench and take a pay cut... but Green is young. He needed to take his money and go somewhere wehere he could prove that he knows how to play basketball

yea theres no way hes gonna get to showcase his talent in dallas