PDA

View Full Version : Maggette Screwed

Rhyming Rebel
07-01-2008, 11:18 PM
I think it is safe to say,"Corey Magette" has to take a paycut if he wants to play this year. The Clippers have agreed to sign Baron Davis clearly renouncing the rights to Maggette. The move kills all rumors of any sign and trade possibilities. He now has a choice to make because the only teams that can offer him big money wont. With this news I think we may reallt have a shot at getting him sorda like what happened to Bonzi Wells a couple seasons back. The Question is, Would we be willing to let Carl Landry walk to sign him?
I think everyone knows my answer.

Alston
T-Mac
Maggette
Scola
Yao
:D

bball1217
07-01-2008, 11:34 PM
i wish he would but he said he wants to go to orlando or even the lakers for the mle

Jpripper88
07-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I would definitely take him over Landry if it came down to that. However, if he takes MLE than I have to think it will be from the Magic. If we can get him, I hope that we could use the bi-annual exception on Landry, but I get the feeling someone will offer him more than $2 million.

Baronistheman5
07-02-2008, 12:21 AM
No us Warriors will give him more than the MLE and we will get him!

ufd869
07-02-2008, 01:43 AM
hope this report is false -> http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ag16qdna3NoGCNLoJGYUeic5nYcB?slug=aw-spursmaggette070108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

TMAC94
07-02-2008, 01:53 AM
i hope so much he comes too us, he can put up around 15-20 points a night, next season then all our starters will avarge double digit numbers in pointsevery night

Alston 11 pts
Tmac 25 pts
Maggette 16 pts
Scola 13 pts
Yao 21 pts

and the bench? Greene Landry Dorsey Brooks Francis Hayes Jackson?

who else do we need?

i reckon we could trade battier and head for a back up something, or wait till end of season then trade for a lottery pick?

Rhyming Rebel
07-02-2008, 07:29 AM
hope this report is false -> http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ag16qdna3NoGCNLoJGYUeic5nYcB?slug=aw-spursmaggette070108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I read this article on 2 other sites as well I dont think it is false.

Rhyming Rebel
07-02-2008, 07:30 AM

Dont think they are even chasing him

Rockets&Browns
07-02-2008, 07:40 AM
He's been offered a deal from Boston and San Antonio! He's not coming to us.

Rhyming Rebel
07-02-2008, 07:58 AM
He's been offered a deal from Boston and San Antonio! He's not coming to us.

It is probably safe to say if a starting spot is offered to entice him he would probably say OK. I mean if we all can offer the same amount of money and he would be the 3rd option here. If he goes to SA or Boston he would be the 4th option and maybe not a starter. That could be key to a decision. I dont know maybe Morey just needs to swing for the fences and give it a shot.

TMAC94
07-02-2008, 08:05 AM
It is probably safe to say if a starting spot is offered to entice him he would probably say OK. I mean if we all can offer the same amount of money and he would be the 3rd option here. If he goes to SA or Boston he would be the 4th option and maybe not a starter. That could be key to a decision. I dont know maybe Morey just needs to swing for the fences and give it a shot.

so true, he would start with us, be our 3 option.

Tblaze
07-02-2008, 08:10 AM
if he wants a ring he'll go to the spurs or boston, if he wants to sign with a team he likes he signs with orlando.

He won't go to Houston.

Rhyming Rebel
07-02-2008, 08:17 AM
if he wants a ring he'll go to the spurs or boston, if he wants to sign with a team he likes he signs with orlando.

He won't go to Houston.

Are you saying Houston has no shot at a title. You are officially banned from our forum. BE GONE:moon:

TMAC94
07-02-2008, 09:11 AM

He won't go to Houston.

houston healty is dangous

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 09:36 AM

He won't go to Houston.

Why would he go to Boston? They wouldn't be able to give him much of anything and he'd be the 4th option on that team that doesn't need him. The Spurs could possibly use him, but I actually think the Spurs are kind of on their way out and I think he'd be MUCH more likely to sign with the Lakers.

I agree that Orlando is where he wants to be, but I think the Clippers are gonna try hard to keep him there. If the Clippers keep him, then they have a seriously dangerous team (when healthy).

But yeah... I'd say the Rockets have less than a 10% chance of signing Maggette.

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 09:39 AM
i hope so much he comes too us, he can put up around 15-20 points a night, next season then all our starters will avarge double digit numbers in pointsevery night

Alston 11 pts
Tmac 25 pts
Maggette 16 pts
Scola 13 pts
Yao 21 pts

and the bench? Greene Landry Dorsey Brooks Francis Hayes Jackson?

who else do we need?

i reckon we could trade battier and head for a back up something, or wait till end of season then trade for a lottery pick?

And mark my words.... TMac will NEVER score 25 points a season again.

TMAC94
07-02-2008, 09:49 AM

we shalll seee we shall see ...

Rhyming Rebel
07-02-2008, 09:51 AM

I think he does not want to, but he is more than capable of doing so.

pippsux
07-02-2008, 10:26 AM
So we made an offer to Barry and we are done? He will resign with the Spurs and we will be left with our hands out as usual. We should have made an offer as soon as he became available. If we have, then I apologize, but I don't see any rumors. We should not waste too much time on Landry. He is a role player. Make an offer to Maggette at least. If he says no, then at least we tried. This team as constituted will not get out of the 1st round. All this bull c#@p about when we are healthy we are dangerous is bull c@#p, because we are never healthy.:mad::mad::mad:

mightybosstone
07-02-2008, 10:33 AM
So we made an offer to Barry and we are done? He will resign with the Spurs and we will be left with our hands out as usual. We should have made an offer as soon as he became available. If we have, then I apologize, but I don't see any rumors. We should not waste too much time on Landry. He is a role player. Make an offer to Maggette at least. If he is says no then at least we tried. This team as constituted will not get out of the 1st round. All this bull c#@p about when we are healthy we are dangerous is bull c@#p, because we are never healthy.:mad::mad::mad:

You do realize that free agency like JUST started... We have several months before this thing is all said and done and there are like at least 10-15 players worth going after that haven't been made offers by anybody yet.

All the high profile players are getting signed right now. We will not get ANY of those players, so everyone should just cool down for a little bit. Be patient. There are tons of worthy players left. Let the overpaid guys get their money and cripple all the teams with any real cap space, so that way we can come in and pick up the juicy leftovers.

brandt
07-02-2008, 10:34 AM

I think he would rather go to team that has a chance to win a championship.

k2djspike
07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
free agency started yesterday

pippsux
07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
I am just tired of the same story. There is a very limited window that we need to take advantage off. Make Maggette an offer, Barry is not signing with us and that lunatic Artest could not make up his mind. We have to make moves to get out the 1 st round, now!!!!

Tmac to da rack
07-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Wow im so sad, Free Agency just started and already we're totally screwed!
1st Clippers get better
Baron
Mobley
Thorton
Brand
Kaman
I mean that New Clippers team can give us more problems once playoffs get here, it seems like West teams are getting alot better, Now if Maggette goes to spurs its
Parker
Manu
Maggette
Duncan
Francisco
OMG, we're so screwed and all Rockets are doing is trying to resign Landry and add Old Barry into our bench, and we dont even know if Barry's going to be a Rocket. Why arent we been more agressive????? all the good Free agents are going to be taken soon, we must get on the damn ball and grow nuts and make big time moves!

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I think it is safe to say,"Corey Magette" has to take a paycut if he wants to play this year. The Clippers have agreed to sign Baron Davis clearly renouncing the rights to Maggette. The move kills all rumors of any sign and trade possibilities. He now has a choice to make because the only teams that can offer him big money wont. With this news I think we may reallt have a shot at getting him sorda like what happened to Bonzi Wells a couple seasons back. The Question is, Would we be willing to let Carl Landry walk to sign him?
I think everyone knows my answer.

Alston
T-Mac
Maggette
Scola
Yao
:D

Would you guys really put him on the bench?

I actually think the best option for you guys is to trade Battier with Brooks and someone like that for Artest. It gives you a defender as good as Battier and a 3rd option in case T-mac or Yao miss a few games.

pippsux
07-02-2008, 10:55 AM
1st Clippers get better
Baron
Mobley
Thorton
Brand
Kaman
I mean that New Clippers team can give us more problems once playoffs get here, it seems like West teams are getting alot better, Now if Maggette goes to spurs its
Parker
Manu
Maggette
Duncan
Francisco
OMG, we're so screwed and all Rockets are doing is trying to resign Landry and add Old Barry into our bench, and we dont even know if Barry's going to be a Rocket. Why arent we been more agressive????? all the good Free agents are going to be taken soon, we must get on the damn ball and grow nuts and make big time moves!

Exactly!

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 10:59 AM
1st Clippers get better
Baron
Mobley
Thorton
Brand
Kaman
Parker
Manu
Maggette
Duncan
Francisco

The best thing to do at this point to trade for Artest.

Rhyming Rebel
07-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Hoops world has an article saying Maggette will be a spur soon

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9329