PDA

View Full Version : Redd staying put, Mo on his way out

PackCrewBuckBad
07-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Bucks GM John Hammond recently had a discussion with Michael Redd about surrounding the Olympian shooting guard with talent. Following Milwaukee's trade for Richard Jefferson, it seems like Redd will stay put next season.

The Bucks, however, still have some holes they would like to fill. Mo Williams is a poor backcourt compliment for Redd, and his scoring is superfluous with RJ and Redd on the wings. Expect Williams, Desmond Mason and/or Dan Gadzuric to feature in any trades, as the Bucks look to shore up both their PG and PF positions.

Link (http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NBA&filter_teams=MLW)

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I wonder if the Cavs would like Williams since they weren't able to get Redd. Maybe give the Bucks some expiring contracts, obvisouly the Cavs would get some of the Bucks remaining garbage but I think Mo would fit well with LeBron considering he pretty much brings the ball up the court a lot Mo Williams wouldn't have to be that true PG everyone wants him to be. I don't know just throwing it out there. Oh, and I'm glad that the Bucks got RJ I'm not a big Bucks fan but I like to see small market cities have success, which I think the Bucks will have.

WI Sports Fan
07-02-2008, 12:01 AM
I wonder if the Cavs would like Williams since they weren't able to get Redd. Maybe give the Bucks some expiring contracts, obvisouly the Cavs would get some of the Bucks remaining garbage but I think Mo would fit well with LeBron considering he pretty much brings the ball up the court a lot Mo Williams wouldn't have to be that true PG everyone wants him to be. I don't know just throwing it out there. Oh, and I'm glad that the Bucks got RJ I'm not a big Bucks fan but I like to see small market cities have success, which I think the Bucks will have.

The Bucks adding Jefferson pretty much eliminates any chance of them dumping a player for cap space.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 12:07 AM
The Bucks adding Jefferson pretty much eliminates any chance of them dumping a player for cap space.

So you think Bucks will be going for value with Mo Williams? I guess make sense no reason to dump salary when the team is in to win now.

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Mo Williams to miami in exchange for Haslem and a filler

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Mo Williams to miami in exchange for Haslem and a filler

The Bucks will want to get rid of some garbage as well. Other then that good trade Haslem is a solid PF who rebounds and scores. Maybe Gadz and Mo for Haslem and expiring contract or two..

PackCrewBuckBad
07-02-2008, 12:49 AM
then we would need to trade for another PG

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-02-2008, 01:41 AM
then we would need to trade for another PG

Or sign one for MLE there are some FA out there. I know from Cleveland alone we have Gibson and D.West. I agree the only thing I think Bucks will do with Mo Williams will have to include a legitimate starting PG in the trade just wouldn't make sense not to. Sessions may not be ready and Ivey is not starting material for a starting lineup like the Bucks will have. If Mo could just play into the Bucks system (pass 1st take shots when they are there kind of player) the Bucks could very far.

wissportsfan
07-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Kind of interesting that they mentioned nothing about Cvill getting traded. I'm pretty certain that Mo will be on his way though. Hopefully we get something decent in return. Whatever it is, I know Hammond's is in the win now mode, so I feel better about that.

Fion
07-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Miami or the knicks might want mo.

But mo is quite a decent gaurd, i hope ur gm makes sure he gets something b4 he lets that guy walk.

gbaypack31
07-02-2008, 02:56 AM
how bout straight up for david lee?

Fion
07-02-2008, 03:04 AM
David lee striaght up wouldnt work because of salaries. I dont know if DLee is a free agent? if so sign and trade possiblity, thats actually a decent trade.

Hasmel would be another good acquistion. Basically you need to get a PF for MO. But it does raise the question, if he goes, who do u start as a pg?

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 03:31 AM
The Bucks will want to get rid of some garbage as well. Other then that good trade Haslem is a solid PF who rebounds and scores. Maybe Gadz and Mo for Haslem and expiring contract or two..

I like optimism unlike some people. Yeah id give you haslem,quinn, banks and a future 1st rounder for mo

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 03:33 AM
David lee striaght up wouldnt work because of salaries. I dont know if DLee is a free agent? if so sign and trade possiblity, thats actually a decent trade.

Hasmel would be another good acquistion. Basically you need to get a PF for MO. But it does raise the question, if he goes, who do u start as a pg?

I would give you banks too . I really feel like hes a solid defender and can shoot but would pass first. He just needs the right minutes

Fion
07-02-2008, 03:46 AM
I like optimism unlike some people. Yeah id give you haslem,quinn, banks and a future 1st rounder for mo

that is a reasonable trade givne the bucks needs.

wissportsfan
07-02-2008, 02:14 PM
that is a reasonable trade givne the bucks needs.

To bad the chances of that trade going down are very slim. I rather not have Banks here, because of his contract.

Also David Lee is under contract this year but next year he's a RFA so an extention would be the way to go but I'm not sure if I really would want him.

Fion
07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
hes a double double guy who plays good defense and fits into a team concept, i dont know who wouldnt want david lee.

wissportsfan
07-02-2008, 02:37 PM
The only way we get Lee on this team is if someone else from the Knicks comes with him and if you look at their team they have no one that we could use. The most reasonable way to get Lee here is a deal like Lee, Malik Rose (expiring contract) and a pick for Mo.

gbaypack31
07-03-2008, 12:57 AM
That works for me. Lee is exactly what we need. Good rebounding, hustling power forward. Imagine what he could do with good coaching .

AgentViet
07-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Haslem + future pick for Mo Will would be a good deal for both teams. I haven't seen Sessions play, but his #'s are telling me he's a complete stud and is able to be the starting PG of the Bucks next season. Sessions-Redd-Jefferson-Haslem-Bogut with CV, Mason, Alexander and Bell coming off the bench is definetely playoff worthy.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Since acquiring Richard Jefferson from the Nets, the Bucks seem to have lost interest in trading Michael Redd.

Jefferson spoke at length on Monday about playing with the sharp shooter. "He’s much more outside; he’s one of the best shooters I’ve ever seen. Me, I’m more of a slasher, Jefferson said. "I think we have a chance to have a very good team, especially in this conference." Jefferson may be right, but the Bucks will need for Charlie Villanueva to step up at power forward.

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM

Haslem maybe, but not the future first rounder.