PDA

View Full Version : Think this is possible?

mavwar53
07-01-2008, 09:41 PM
what about al and 2009 1st round for billups and amir johnson. I'd do it even without amir.

Lincoln Logs
07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
It's a short term solution, because Billups is really starting to get up there in age, even though he is more durable then Baron/Arenas. Still, I don't think I'd want to give up our 2009 pick no.

mavwar53
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
there are 2 reasons I say go for billups.

1) we need a strong PG because monta is too weak to play against taller and much bigger SG.

2) Detroit is looking to change around there team especially looking to have stuckey play alot more.

If we don't change baron's mind and don't get billups monta will have to play PG so we can defend other SG with bukie if we sign him back.

Tmac416
07-01-2008, 10:03 PM
we defintly are not giving up our 2009 pick now

mavwar53
07-01-2008, 10:13 PM

ya you are right I wasnt thinking that we are not going to have a chance to get in the playoffs now. It was nice for the time it lasted, I guess I feel the same way the front office does, the only difference is that I like winning they for some reason see winning as a problem. Never thought I'd see the day the clippers would go after players stronger than the warriors did. Monta is going to have to play the ppint now.

WntAbCEO
07-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Would you do somthing like
AL
for
Jamaal Tinsley

GSW Hoops
07-01-2008, 10:38 PM
We'd give up our 2009 pick in a heartbeat for Billups, but I don't think Detroit would do that.

And why are people on this message board so anxious to dump Al? Who else is going to play PF for this team?

GSW Hoops
07-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Would you do somthing like
AL
for
Jamaal Tinsley

Possibly, depending on Tinsley's salary.

WntAbCEO
07-01-2008, 10:45 PM
How about
Marquis Daniels(expiring)+Jamaal Tinsley+09 2nd round pick
for
Al+Wright

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine?teams=9~11&players=2200~308~1024~3242&sendto=9~11~9~11&from=11~9~11~9&te=na~na~na~na

Tinsleys salary* 6.3 million (not to bad and ends in the year of Lebron)

JtotheisR
07-01-2008, 10:50 PM
No one wants to hear it but it looks like the Warriors are going to start rebuilding. I would like to see us add Posey (plays D fits in on offense) but the free agent market looks pretty slim.

mavwar53
07-01-2008, 11:03 PM
How about
Marquis Daniels(expiring)+Jamaal Tinsley+09 2nd round pick
for
Al+Wright

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine?teams=9~11&players=2200~308~1024~3242&sendto=9~11~9~11&from=11~9~11~9&te=na~na~na~na

Tinsleys salary* 6.3 million (not to bad and ends in the year of Lebron)

If you are going to make something up make it decent wright is worth more than everythig Indi would be giving up. make it a 1st round pick and the deal might be worth it. I don't see anything like such happening though.

Tmac416
07-01-2008, 11:21 PM
No one wants to hear it but it looks like the Warriors are going to start rebuilding. I would like to see us add Posey (plays D fits in on offense) but the free agent market looks pretty slim.

posey is 31 and is going to a contender. we dont need him

Tmac416
07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
We'd give up our 2009 pick in a heartbeat for Billups, but I don't think Detroit would do that.

And why are people on this message board so anxious to dump Al? Who else is going to play PF for this team?

i bet they would. Bradon Wright, who ever we trade al for, free agent? Wright. Like nellie said. and no we wouldnt just give it up in heart beat for a 33 year old pg in the beging stages of rebuuilding team.

DZELL
07-01-2008, 11:45 PM
What about Tinsley/Daniels/1st round (lotto protected)
For Al/Randolph (once signed)/ filler

Daniels can play 1 - 3
Tinsley Is a very skilled PG
An extra first round pick never hurts.

Jimmy3702
07-01-2008, 11:49 PM
No we should invest in Arenas.

JtotheisR
07-01-2008, 11:51 PM
posey is 31 and is going to a contender. we dont need him

Every one on the team can't be 15. I am just saying we could definatley use a vet that knows how to play the game.

tadmanny
07-01-2008, 11:53 PM
What about Tinsley/Daniels/1st round (lotto protected)
For Al/Randolph (once signed)/ filler

Daniels can play 1 - 3
Tinsley Is a very skilled PG
An extra first round pick never hurts.

Are you ****ing kidding me? that is the worst trade ive ever seen. Why do you like tinsley? he is awful! no one wants him and they have young PG in Ford that is going to take his place. You would be willing to give up al AND randolph for him? Are you serious. The draft doesnt seem strong next year anyway....stay away from tinsley...gross.

tadmanny
07-01-2008, 11:54 PM
No we should invest in Arenas.

I agree homie.

DZELL
07-01-2008, 11:58 PM
He is staying in Washington now that they have resigned AJ. They have a better supporting cast than you guys could provide for him.

lincecum=future
07-02-2008, 12:02 AM
I agree homie.

At the price of 20 million a year, hell no. Stay far, far away Gilbert.

DZELL
07-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Are you ****ing kidding me? that is the worst trade ive ever seen. Why do you like tinsley? he is awful! no one wants him and they have young PG in Ford that is going to take his place. You would be willing to give up al AND randolph for him? Are you serious. The draft doesnt seem strong next year anyway....stay away from tinsley...gross.

Spoken like a guy who has never seen JT play. Go do some home work on him. Watch some video. check some stats. The only problem with JT is getting him to play without pissing him off. GSW is good at that kind of thing.

He can post you up, no look pass between your legs, inbound it off of your back & catch and shoot to make you look like a fool...

He had 7 assist a game last year.

tadmanny
07-02-2008, 01:06 AM
If he is that good, why trade an all-star center for a replacement pg?

DZELL
07-02-2008, 06:21 AM
The same reason we did the trade that sent JAX to you guys. Trouble maker. Fans won't (can't) support him.

JO is an EX-all-star. Would you pay someone 20 mil to watch games? Besides, Ford is FAST! Our coach likes that kind of thing.

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 06:35 AM

TMac, I couldn't agree more. We're on the same page now. Now I would NOT trade Brandan Wright. I still think it will take some time for him to develop, but we now have those couple of years, as we are no longer a Playoff contending team.

How does Blake Griffin or Demar DeRozan sound in 2009?

BigWheel
07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Jamaal Tinsley is HORRIBLE!

Just pick up CHRIS DUHON for a cheap 3yr @ $10 million deal and have a nice serviceable PG who can eek out next year and be a back up or trade bait down the road.

OR

EARL WATSON- a straight up trade for Watson giving Seattle a second round pick next year. We can just eat the salary and get a cagy still young PG who does Defend the ball!

SAVE the Bulk of our Cash for NEXT YEARS stellar crop of free agents who will want to play with our Athletic String Bean lineup.

ANDRE Miller is a Free Agent next season when a ton of talent becomes available..... ANDRE MILLER IS THE BEST UNMENTIONED PG in the NBA! Easily as capable of running a team as BD.

(and he currently plays for a mere $9 million)

tru_warrior
07-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Lets all get this straight....

1. Brandan Wright and Anthony Randolph are not going anywhere.

2. Jamaal Tinsley IS good, but we're not giving up either of the clones for him. If anything, Indy will buy out his contract and we'll pick him up.

3. Acquiring Gilbert Arenas would be suicide.

WntAbCEO
07-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Lets all get this straight....

1. Brandan Wright and Anthony Randolph are not going anywhere.

2. Jamaal Tinsley IS good, but we're not giving up either of the clones for him. If anything, Indy will buy out his contract and we'll pick him up.

3. Acquiring Gilbert Arenas would be suicide.

we will trade him or hold out till the trade deadline and then buy him out

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
we will trade him or hold out till the trade deadline and then buy him out

lol exactly, either way we dont need to trade for him. isnt he supposed to hurt his hammy agian in october?

WntAbCEO
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
lol exactly, either way we dont need to trade for him. isnt he supposed to hurt his hammy agian in october?

Whatever, your going to be stuck with a fat injured PG:injury: who you will be paying to watch your games so have fun with that (no offense Tinsely you were good once)

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Whatever, your going to be stuck with a fat injured PG:injury: who you will be paying to watch your games so have fun with that (no offense Tinsely you were good once)

um what. i was agreeing with you. everything you said true. no wants him. thats why i said we dont need trade for him. he will proably be cut eventually

WntAbCEO
07-02-2008, 09:39 PM
but you said you wanted to pick him up after he was cut so weather you trade for Jamaal or just sign him you will still get the same player eather way

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
ok, you went way to far. i think jt is garbge and he is no longer good.