PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Baron Davis agreed to become a Clipper

GWarrior
07-01-2008, 08:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3470016

Webelievegs!
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the memories Baron, have fun in LA!

lincecum=future
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Davis could really suck a fat one for not opting out earlier.

NYMetros
07-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Ouch. This is a big hit to the Warriors. I don't know if they are a playoff team anymore now.

BigT901
07-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Lets Go clipps. I cant believe we got BD for only 13 mill a year. Sucks for you guys ha. Wel will be in the finals next year.

MiamiHeat
07-01-2008, 08:53 PM
damn indeed is a big hit for the warriors. you might not be playoffs contenders

Webelievegs!
07-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Lets Go clipps. I cant believe we got BD for only 13 mill a year. Sucks for you guys ha. Wel will be in the finals next year.

Haha that's a good one:clap: When Baron shuts down within the next two years (maybe even less) and you see Monta fly passed him give me a call.

Kdirt
07-01-2008, 08:58 PM
I really believe in spite he decided to opt out at the last minute so we wouldnt use our trade exception to improe our team. What a d*ck. I hope he tears an ACL.

MiamiHeat
07-01-2008, 08:59 PM

finals? lol not a chance, with the lakers spurs and so many good teams in the west

Thatruth32
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
how much are we under the cap now... not counting andris and monta?

MiamiHeat
07-01-2008, 09:06 PM
i want biedrins to come to the heat

Kdirt
07-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Alot, just washed away 18 million. We should try to get Marion now.

GWarrior
07-01-2008, 09:09 PM
how much are we under the cap now... not counting andris and monta?

Total commited salary for cup purposes is around $30M.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

Thatruth32
07-01-2008, 09:10 PM

:cool: all we paid for him was a lil pg named speedy..... even tho i cant hate him he did leave to LA which he is were we all know he wanted to be and he is making more than nash and parker and most of ur top pgs to go home i cant hate him for that.... but i dont like how he was quit on us at the of the year and waited to the end to opt out...

BarryIsInnocent
07-01-2008, 09:10 PM
thanks baron for saying you are not opting out then right after the warriors draft 2 big men opt out and sign with a rival

Lincoln Logs
07-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I agree with Lincecum. **** off Baron! :mad:

Could Warriors match? 5 year 65 mil seems reasonable and he did say that the Warriors are his first choice... anything is possible. Afterall, it isn't even in the same universe as 5 year 100 mil that Arenas was offered, so I believe if the Warriors matched 65 mil, they still have ample cap space to sign Biedrins and Monta right? He can't sign a contract til July 9th, so the Warriors have til then to match that correct?

But still, if he signs with the Clippers, what an incredibly low, sleazy, and dishonorable way to leave the Warriors.

Youth movement starts now! I can't believe I'm saying that, as I truly thought this year could have been special for the Warriors. Ricky Rubio PG draft of 09!

I actually don't know which direction the Warriors go. I don't think Nelson wants to be coaching a PG less team full of youngsters for his final season.

Shoulda drafted a back-up PG. But no one saw this coming.

tadmanny
07-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I hope what happened to shawn livingston happens to him...that piece of ****...**** mullin too by the way. that piece of **** needs to learn how to run a team. he ****ed us over for so many years and now thinks he is the **** for trading dunmurphy....what a ***. baron was my fav player but to not give us time to negotiate is BS. **** him, tear an acl ******

KiLLA RAiDER
07-01-2008, 09:16 PM

Haha have u forgotten dat LAKERS run L.A?! U sayin da clippers reachin da finals is like sayin da dolphins winnin da super bowl?! Baron aint no Kobe buddy!!:D

JLantern
07-01-2008, 09:17 PM
supposedly it was the money, it was the years. baron wanted 5 years, the warriors wanted to give him 3....so he went home.

Thatruth32
07-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Total commited salary for cup purposes is around $30M.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

thx....

BigT901
07-01-2008, 09:31 PM
yea yea... you guys loved baron davis last week now you guys say hes not that good. I gurantee the clipps will be better than you guys next year. you guys might loose monte also. I think he is worth 13 mill a year... HA HA What a bargain, and you guys got F*cked by him, to bad

tru_warrior
07-01-2008, 09:50 PM
^^ no one was going to offer him more than 13 mil anyways. not us that's for damn sure. just because he opted out of his 17.8 mill and got less...doesn't mean he's worth 17.8m mill. it's not a bargain. most of the top pg's in the league are making around 12-14 mill anyways.

oracle650
07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
yea yea... you guys loved baron davis last week now you guys say hes not that good. I gurantee the clipps will be better than you guys next year. you guys might loose monte also. I think he is worth 13 mill a year... HA HA What a bargain, and you guys got F*cked by him, to bad

how old is this guy? if u guys get bd can you afford to pay anyone else? reguardless the clippers are gonna be the clippers next year hot garbage. *** baron we got a lot of free agents to peep. baron will be hurt within a season or 2, good luk smelLA.

Tmac416
07-01-2008, 10:12 PM

haha really good post. not. get out here. we aint losin monta. adn we didn t get ****ed by baron. if we wanted we have ever chaznce to keep and we didnt. in the long run its better for us

Afridi786
07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
how old is this guy? if u guys get bd can you afford to pay anyone else? reguardless the clippers are gonna be the clippers next year hot garbage. *** baron we got a lot of free agents to peep. baron will be hurt within a season or 2, good luk smelLA.

Baron
Gordon
Thornton
Brand - They still have plenty of cap room to re sign him.
Kaman

If you think that's garbage?

GSW Hoops
07-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Ouch. This is a big hit to the Warriors. I don't know if they are a playoff team anymore now.

We weren't a playoff team with Baron starting all 82...

GSW Hoops
07-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Baron
Gordon
Thornton
Brand - They still have plenty of cap room to re sign him.
Kaman

If you think that's garbage?

I think that's an awesome squad, and a good move by the Clips. But Baron won't dominate like he has--he'll shut it down after a year or two. He'll still be a good PG, but not worth the money he's going to get, which is why the Warriors wouldn't lock him up long-term.

If you think you're getting 70+ games out of Baron every season you're insane.

GIANTS15
07-01-2008, 10:37 PM

you moron ...you dontthink the Warriors wont be trying to crush the Clippers under nelson next year after justbeing lied too and being deserted by thier caption ...hahaha i predict the warriors sweep the clips next year:clap:

Jimmy3702
07-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Baron Davis is the new JEFF KENT.

goldenstater
07-02-2008, 12:09 AM
so did we lose our trade exception and baron? we will see what happens

Conor
07-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Well this sucks. Monta better get ready to take over at PG unless Arenas signs with us. Even better, maybe we can screw over the Clippers as well and try to land Brand.

thebayarea
07-02-2008, 12:21 AM

HAHA FUNNY
YOULL SEE HOW BARON IS LAZY AT DEFENSE ND SHIZZ
HAHA
ND HE PROBABLY WOULD DO MOVIES THEN PLAY BALL

HAHA

SUKS FOR CLIPPERS FAN
ND YOULL C WOS THE 1 LAUGHING

Lincoln Logs
07-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Well this sucks. Monta better get ready to take over at PG unless Arenas signs with us. Even better, maybe we can screw over the Clippers as well and try to land Brand.

I still have alot of trouble believing that he can. He might be able to, but I still see him as a SG. I hope he proves me wrong though.

NO!

thebayarea
07-02-2008, 12:25 AM

I GURANTEE NOT.YOULL SEE BARON JACK UP THREES ND MISS
HAHA
WE GOT MONTA
WE DNT NEED BARON HIS TME IS UP
HOW OLD IS HE 29 ND HE GETS DRUNK BEFORE AN IMPORTANT GAME
THAT SHOWS U HOW HE IS NOT MATURE ND HE WONT CARE AT ALL.

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Baron is a *******.

He can hoop, but damn he is cold hearted.

310Casper
07-02-2008, 12:40 AM
I GURANTEE NOT.YOULL SEE BARON JACK UP THREES ND MISS
HAHA
WE GOT MONTA
WE DNT NEED BARON HIS TME IS UP
HOW OLD IS HE 29 ND HE GETS DRUNK BEFORE AN IMPORTANT GAME
THAT SHOWS U HOW HE IS NOT MATURE ND HE WONT CARE AT ALL.

Wow, your grammar is pathetic. Do you honestly always type like that? Jesus... go back to school.

tadmanny
07-02-2008, 01:09 AM
ya, thats just awful and hard to read.

bryan71023
07-02-2008, 01:12 AM
I know it sucks for Warriors fans losing Baron but he wanted to play for his home team of LA. It's better not going to the Lakers. He always played well in GS and look at the bright side you guys now have tons of money to sign great players you still can be in the playoffs plus maybe monta can play point and you guys can look for a true sg

tadmanny
07-02-2008, 01:14 AM
I know it sucks for Warriors fans losing Baron but he wanted to play for his home team of LA. It's better not going to the Lakers. He always played well in GS and look at the bright side you guys now have tons of money to sign great players you still can be in the playoffs plus maybe monta can play point and you guys can look for a true sg

who is there to sign on the market? no one great?

kevin98189
07-02-2008, 01:16 AM

haha good joke. i will lmao if clipps are last in the west next year.

Conor
07-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Keep the baiting out of this forum guys.

lincecum=future
07-02-2008, 01:22 AM
I still have alot of trouble believing that he can. He might be able to, but I still see him as a SG. I hope he proves me wrong though.

NO!

good to see someone who thinks signing Arenas is a bad idea.

lebron:i suck
07-02-2008, 11:38 PM
clips fans dont get happy..
lakers still run LA and clips wont make it to the finals IMO

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 11:51 PM

Your clairvoyance is coming to fruition

LakerFanatic#24
07-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Baron Davis is the new JEFF KENT.

Haha, u might want to do ur research and change ur sig. clips made the playoffs and went as far as the 2nd round 2 years ago. thought i would keep u informed.

RaiderFanBL9
07-03-2008, 02:20 AM
oh well he was being benched anyways.hes a beast when he wants to be not all the time.watever there will be another star on our team guys dont worry

GIANTS15
07-03-2008, 02:51 AM
heres why the Warriors didnt come hard at Barron "Hollywood Diva" Davis

Year/Games played

99-00/82
00-01/82
01-02/82
02-03/50
03-04/67
04-05/46
05-06/54
06-07/63
07/08/82

now what are the odds this biotch plays a avg of 60 games over that 5 years the clippers gave him?

he went 5 straight years of being injury plagued before he put together 82 games this year in what now turned out too be his free agent year.

Ragun
07-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Alot, just washed away 18 million. We should try to get Marion now.

Marion did not option out.

Ouch that must sting...

Iron24th
07-04-2008, 02:07 AM

What? You must be kidding ! The Clipps in the Finals?! Have you ever watched an NBA basketball game???

Iron24th
07-04-2008, 02:19 AM
clips fans dont get happy..
lakers still run LA and clips wont make it to the finals IMO

Yes and we'll run L.A for years to come.

kylem4711
07-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes and we'll run L.A for years to come.

ha at you

garlicboy
07-04-2008, 02:39 PM
The Baron signing is going to blow up in the Clips face!!!

The next 2 years, the Western Conference is going to be STACKED!!!

There is no guarantee that the Clips will make the Playoffs next year in this stacked Western Conference. Last years 8 playoff teams, including the TrailBlazers, Clips and my darkhorse the Kings will be battling each other.

After Baron, Brand and Kaman, there are a lot of question marks, and a lack of depth. With the Dubs nice move in going after Brand the Clips are now hamstrung to sign any extra free agents to add to their bench.

I hope the clips sign Brand for $16 mil/year. We'll take Maggette for $8 mil/year.