PDA

View Full Version : Baron Davis agrees to terms with Clippers

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 08:41 PM
NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the guard reached a verbal agreement with the Clippers on Tuesday night and will sign a new multiyear contract with Los Angeles after the leaguewide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 9.

Davis was in line to make $17.8 million in the last year of his deal with the Warriors, but after telling the team that he wanted to stay, opted out at the last minute.

Sources told ESPN.com that Davis, 29, will receive a five-year deal worth an estimated $65 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3470016

daleja424
07-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Just saw this. Oh well... we'll go with what we got...

I am also hearing his whole Crawford for Mobily deal to clear space for the knicks. That would make the Clipps downright scary...

couldnt the heat get in on this and trade say blount/cook for Crawford???

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Does this mean Brand resign with the Clippers?

daleja424
07-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Does this mean Brand resign with the Clippers?

I assume so...

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 09:00 PM
I believe Brand will go back to the Clippers. Maybe this was devised by B-Diddy and Brand...

daleja424
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I believe Brand will go back to the Clippers. Maybe this was devised by B-Diddy and Brand...

I dont get it from Brands standpoint...

Wade>>>>>Davis (+ wade s 4 years younger)
Beasley>>>>>> anyone else on the Warriors...

...even with Baron the Heat have a brighter future then the Clipps... so why would he chose the worse team in the harder conference...

but it does certainly seem like he going to resign now...

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 09:21 PM

...even with Baron the Heat have a brighter future then the Clipps... so why would he chose the worse team in the harder conference...

There's a possibility that Brand still may sign elsewhere but it's a slim chance now that BD has signed with the Clips...BD is from LA so I understand the move but Brand on the other hand seems confused to me...He said if he opts out it's to go to Miami, now that he's opted out he still wants to return...Something don't seem right...

daleja424
07-01-2008, 09:24 PM
There's a possibility that Brand still may sign elsewhere but it's a slim chance now that BD has signed with the Clips...BD is from LA so I understand the move but Brand on the other hand seems confused to me...He said if he opts out it's to go to Miami, now that he's opted out he still wants to return...Something don't seem right...

maybe the clippers have another move up their sleeves... but if i am brand looking at this team I am saying Id rather play with beasley/wade then kaman/davis....

If The Clipps pull off getting a good SG... maybe then I would understand it... but right now he really must be confused.

One thing is for sure...next years clippers could be called the "NBA all injured team"

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
maybe the clippers have another move up their sleeves... but if i am brand looking at this team I am saying Id rather play with beasley/wade then kaman/davis....

If The Clipps pull off getting a good SG... maybe then I would understand it... but right now he really must be confused.

One thing is for sure...next years clippers could be called the "NBA all injured team"

:laugh2::injury:

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 10:06 PM

lol so true, but if not, they will be downright scary, as if the west could get any better :rolleyes:
cmon man, first of all it would have to sign+trade, and would he rather play with beas, an unproven rookie, or with davis, kaman, thorton, the team is just deeper and they are ready to win now, who knows with the heat, no offense but how often can a rookie lead a team, especially with a team like celtics in the same conference, and clips do have a good sg, eric gordon. brand will stay loyal to the clips

daleja424
07-01-2008, 10:08 PM
lol so true, but if not, they will be downright scary, as if the west could get any better :rolleyes:

It funny b/c I was just starting to think there could be a shift in power... maggette to Orlando, Brand to Miami, and Davis to NY somehow... BUT NO!

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 10:20 PM
It funny b/c I was just starting to think there could be a shift in power... maggette to Orlando, Brand to Miami, and Davis to NY somehow... BUT NO!

I dotn think maggette will return, they probably will resign brand, probably get to luxury tax or close, but no way they get maggette, and they dotn really need him either. he isnt even a true 2 gaurd, and I think they are high on thorton anyway, plus maggette doesnt really want to be a clip anyway...

LayZbone
07-01-2008, 10:21 PM
The article on ESPN says that Brand will likely take a pay cut to stay in LA and they'll let Maggette go...

Kaman/Jordan
Brand/TimThomas
Thornton/Ross
Mobley/E.Gordon
Davis/Knight

wow....2 stars in Brand and B-Diddy.....plus a future with Eric Gordon, Al Thornton and possibly DeAndre if he develops nicely. Clips looks scary now, IMO.

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Clippers and Blazers both look scary...

fins08
07-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Brand wants this whole big 3 thing like Boston. He will resign now. Boozer or bust in 09. But anyway, the big 3 will be Baron Davis, Brand, and yes, I am gonna say it, Chris Kaman. Kinda bad for a big 3 and not even close to KG, Allen, and Pierce. Wade, Marion, Beasley way better.

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Brand wants this whole big 3 thing like Boston. He will resign now. Boozer or bust in 09. But anyway, the big 3 will be Baron Davis, Brand, and yes, I am gonna say it, Chris Kaman. Kinda bad for a big 3 and not even close to KG, Allen, and Pierce. Wade, Marion, Beasley way better.

you guys majorly underate kaman. he's a beast, who has gotten better every year. he had 16/12, that's nothing to smirk about, not to mention unlike boston their team is much more balanced, it's not like the rest of their starters are average, thorton was pretty damn good, better than anythign perkins or rondo did for boston and at 2 gaurd they have alot of depth with eric gordon who also imo is better than anything perkins or rondo had to offer PLUS mobley who you will probably see back to his old self with a good pg once again.

BigDaddyKaine
07-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Stop your crying:cry: Brand will resign with Clippers and your team will not be that good next year

And by the way if Wade is so **** good how come with all those games that he did play in the HEAT won less than 15 games total.... that is flat out pathetic even if you say he was hurt (so was kobe) and even when heat got Marion they still sucked...... worst record in the NBA :(

? what did they do to get that much better... O they drafted a kid who is supposed to be really good.... Kwame was supposed to be really good to so don't make Beasley out to be the savior of the HEAT yet

Mambo Kings
07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Damnit, there goes Elton Brand...

daleja424
07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
you guys majorly underate kaman. he's a beast, who has gotten better every year. he had 16/12, that's nothing to smirk about, not to mention unlike boston their team is much more balanced, it's not like the rest of their starters are average, thorton was pretty damn good, better than anythign perkins or rondo did for boston and at 2 gaurd they have alot of depth with eric gordon who also imo is better than anything perkins or rondo had to offer PLUS mobley who you will probably see back to his old self with a good pg once again.

that may be true but wade is a lot better then davis and kaman is no mike beasley...

also, they are really balanced, but guys like thornton and gordon are still a couple years away from being great... young guys tend to under perform when it matters most...

BigDaddyKaine
07-01-2008, 10:39 PM

And another thing is for sure.... the Heat Can be called a team that got beat in teh first round of the Playoffs.... If they get that far

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 10:40 PM
that may be true but wade is a lot better then davis and kaman is no mike beasley...

also, they are really balanced, but guys like thornton and gordon are still a couple years away from being great... young guys tend to under perform when it matters most...

what is mike beasley though?
and believe it or not bubt thorton is near his prime, I mean he's almost 26. Hell, no offense, but you guys dont even have a pg or center, frankly it shouldnt be that hard of a decision for brand, and again beasley is still a rookie, I think brand would rather go with proven players like davis, kaman, and even thorton and mobley who he played with before rather than heat.

BigDaddyKaine
07-01-2008, 10:41 PM

your right kaman isn't mike beasley... Kaman has played in the NBA and proven he can be good...Beasley hasn't (im not saying Beasley won't be better than Kaman im saying wait till he proves something other than being really Hyped.

And i am not a clippers fan at all

SwaggaIke
07-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Uh oh, we got a cocky "Clippers" fan.

ATX
07-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Stop your crying:cry: Brand will resign with Clippers and your team will not be that good next year

And by the way if Wade is so **** good how come with all those games that he did play in the HEAT won less than 15 games total.... that is flat out pathetic even if you say he was hurt (so was kobe) and even when heat got Marion they still sucked...... worst record in the NBA :(

? what did they do to get that much better... O they drafted a kid who is supposed to be really good.... Kwame was supposed to be really good to so don't make Beasley out to be the savior of the HEAT yet

What the :censored: is your problem?

kntresistheheat
07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Man! Get off of it homie, Why you hating on the heat I mean are you mad because we have wade and possibly drafted a future superstar? Beasley have'nt proven anything because he has not played a game and everyone says that a rookie is not going to make any difference, What about LEBRON JAMES, TIM DUNCAN, AND OUR VERY OWN DWAYNE WADE which he pretty much took us to the second round of the playoff's his rookie year againt BD!
So my point is with a proven superstar and a pontential rookie and if we add another piece or two and not to mention we still have another all-star marion he is still with us we can make some noise? Maybe were not knocking on the finals door, But we would let it be known that were behind that door!!!!

And another thing is for sure.... the Heat Can be called a team that got beat in teh first round of the Playoffs.... If they get that far

Sparticus
07-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Kaman is awsome. i would love to have Kaman patrolling the Center position for Miami. Another guy I really like is Andris Biedrins. I'm hoping Arenas signs with the and they blow there money and we can get him for the MLE.

Master Mind
07-01-2008, 11:07 PM
your right kaman isn't mike beasley... Kaman has played in the NBA and proven he can be good...Beasley hasn't (im not saying Beasley won't be better than Kaman im saying wait till he proves something other than being really Hyped.

And i am not a clippers fan at all

Who are you guy:confused:...Go back to your forum if you're looking to stir something up buddy:no:

BigDaddyKaine
07-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Man! Get off of it homie, Why you hating on the heat I mean are you mad because we have wade and possibly drafted a future superstar? Beasley have'nt proven anything because he has not played a game and everyone says that a rookie is not going to make any difference, What about LEBRON JAMES, TIM DUNCAN, AND OUR VERY OWN DWAYNE WADE which he pretty much took us to the second round of the playoff's his rookie year againt BD!
So my point is with a proven superstar and a pontential rookie and if we add another piece or two and not to mention we still have another all-star marion he is still with us we can make some noise? Maybe were not knocking on the finals door, But we would let it be known that were behind that door!!!!

hmmm... NO we got KOBE and you possible drafted a superstar well we did draft a superstar BYNUM

and do not compare Beasley to LBJ and TD just yet he might be great but TD is the Greatest PF of all time

I hate to say this about D Wade because he is one of my favorite players but were was this "superstar" when Heat went 15-67 in the east

So i am really sure the Heat are gonna be better (i would hope so) but what annoys me is most Heat fans think that adding a rookie no matter much potential he does have to be great.... he will not be the guy who gets the Heat to the Championship and that is all im hearing out of heat fans (maybe not you but most)

and you better win a championship in the next couple of years because i personally think D Wade is gonna leave

I don't see the Heat winning a championship with the talent they have know even if Wade does stay and signs a 5 year contract. Because there are several teams with more young talent than the Heat have and a few more teams that have the potential to get even more young talent than the Heat because they will be in the lottery and the Heat will not because of the Horrible weak eastern conference (besides a few teams)

kntresistheheat
07-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Let's just let the season speak for itself, then we can bring up this conversation back later on! You and I dont know whats going to happend? Just like the spurs did not know by drafting tim duncan on his rookie year he was going to deliver a championship, and just like the lakers did not know after 2yrs in league bynum was going to be stud? So now with a healthy wade and a full season with marion (If he stays?) and now with beasley and if we can get a few other key players in FA! So again lets wait and see?

hmmm... NO we got KOBE and you possible drafted a superstar well we did draft a superstar BYNUM

and do not compare Beasley to LBJ and TD just yet he might be great but TD is the Greatest PF of all time

I hate to say this about D Wade because he is one of my favorite players but were was this "superstar" when Heat went 15-67 in the east

So i am really sure the Heat are gonna be better (i would hope so) but what annoys me is most Heat fans think that adding a rookie no matter much potential he does have to be great.... he will not be the guy who gets the Heat to the Championship and that is all im hearing out of heat fans (maybe not you but most)

and you better win a championship in the next couple of years because i personally think D Wade is gonna leave

I don't see the Heat winning a championship with the talent they have know even if Wade does stay and signs a 5 year contract. Because there are several teams with more young talent than the Heat have and a few more teams that have the potential to get even more young talent than the Heat because they will be in the lottery and the Heat will not because of the Horrible weak eastern conference (besides a few teams)