PDA

View Full Version : If E. Brand signs with Miami....

NastyRud
07-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Yea, I'm still disappointed we got Rose instead of Beasley but we move on, right?....Kinda. Now that we need to find help for D-Rose how realistic would this be? Or does anyone think it's a bad idea? If Brand signs w/ Miami (both are interested in each other) would Riley try to move Beasley? Here's what I would like to offer. Miami would already have Wade, Marion, & Brand as their main guys. They probably won't be able to keep Beasley when his FA time comes. So offer Deng (S&T) & future # 1 for Beasley & maybe Mark Blount. Deng will only get about 7-9 mil per yr. Beasley would probably get max when he's turn comes up. Miami will still have their Big 3 and Rose would get a big time scorer to pass to. What do ya'll think?

Afridi786
07-01-2008, 07:41 PM
I dont know where they got all the cap room to sign Brand

Second City
07-01-2008, 07:43 PM
If anyone goes it will be Marion. But I don't think that Brand will come over to Miami.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-01-2008, 07:43 PM
they cant sign him because he is staying in LA.

MiamiHeat
07-01-2008, 07:45 PM
no thank you, beasley will stay and marion wont be in the heat if we get brand

Afridi786
07-01-2008, 07:46 PM
y would they want Marion.

JordansBulls
07-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Clippers are on the verge of signing Davis and if that happens Brand will resign with them as well.

danimal
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
The only way we get Beasley is if Brand goes to Miami, Marion goes to LA, and we send them each a nice package to make things work (not to mention taking any bad contracts they have to offer).

Sign and trades with Deng and Gordon would probably have to be worked out, because they would be gone (to those teams), one team would get Hinrich and the other Gooden. I'm sure it would cost a draft pick or two, and so on.

If Beasley wasn't a rookie with limitless potential (they all are at this point), I would say it's a long shot. With him involved, it's pretty much an impossibility.

danimal
07-01-2008, 08:02 PM
it's pretty much an impossibility.

I didn't think the Wallace deal could get done, so who knows, it would just be really complex, and the Heat would have to want to do it first, which is highly unlikely (like the Kobe deal was--Kupchak wasn't dealing him).

Pran Raznor
07-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I'd love it if we got Brand

ChitownbullsBG7
07-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Well now that Davis is a Clip i doubt Brand goes anywhere.

rico
07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
i dunno.... if brand wants a championship i can see him going to miami.

?
wade
beasley
marion
brand

my god.. thats insane.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-01-2008, 09:42 PM
1. Does he take the MLE or LLE in order to sign with them? They dont have cap space.

2. A lineup of
Pg: B-Diddy
Sg: Mobley
Sf: Thorton
Pf: Brand
C: Kaman

Look alot better and WILL be the LA lineup next year.

KH12
07-01-2008, 09:43 PM
1. Does he take the MLE or LLE in order to sign with them? They dont have cap space.

2. A lineup of
Pg: B-Diddy
Sg: Mobley
Sf: Thorton
Pf: Brand
C: Kaman

Look alot better and WILL be the LA lineup next year.

I think Eric Gordon will start or will win the starting job early on.

NastyRud
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I dont know where they got all the cap room to sign Brand

Well Brand has been quoted saying that the only place where he would take a paycut would be if he signs with Miami. And while Marion is the most logical to go, I still don't think Riley is sold on Beasley. He is just smart enough to hold onto him until he gets the right deal.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Maybe later in the season but no way do you hand him the job. He was a mid lotto pick so he isnt a must start. Also Mobley is too good when playing by a guard who can score. We are going to see the Mobley that played for the Rockets.

uptownfan
07-01-2008, 09:52 PM
crap. no more brand b/c davis signed with the clips

JordansBulls
07-01-2008, 10:29 PM

:nod:

Best our team can get is Camby and a Camby and Gooden frontline isn't so bad.

Pran Raznor
07-01-2008, 10:52 PM

Don't ever give up

b2ball23
07-02-2008, 01:51 AM
That would be the scariest team in the league! Lets pray that dosn't happen! I would trade Marion to get Brand in a heartbeat. He's kinda overrated! He hustles and gets his...but he's not a great shooter... he just happens to feed off of other peoples creativity...plus he can jump and get put backs. All in all... I'd trade his *** quick! Marion, Haslem, for Brand.

kntresistheheat
07-02-2008, 02:09 AM
That would be the Idea a S/T with marion for brand

That would be the scariest team in the league! Lets pray that dosn't happen! I would trade Marion to get Brand in a heartbeat. He's kinda overrated! He hustles and gets his...but he's not a great shooter... he just happens to feed off of other peoples creativity...plus he can jump and get put backs. All in all... I'd trade his *** quick! Marion, Haslem, for Brand.

violetuniverse
07-02-2008, 04:53 AM
miami wont trade beasley...at least not right away..they are using him as a great marketing tool to attract more fans.

Fion
07-02-2008, 04:56 AM
everything i hear suggests brand will resign with the clips.

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 08:04 AM
I don't see why Brand will sign with us or that this topic is here if it talks about Miami.