PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets targeting Hinrich?

phlp_bj
07-01-2008, 06:50 PM
It's no secret the Denver Nuggets need a point guard heading into next season, and league sources continue to point to Kirk Hinrich as the man Denver is targeting. Armed with a future first round draft pick courtesy of the Charlotte Bobcats, expect the Nuggets and the Bulls to continue discussing a potential deal.

The question remains whether or not the Bulls would be interested in taking back either Nene or Marcus Camby, one of which would likely have to be included for a deal to get done. It's always possible the Nuggets could look at getting a third team involved as well, but that's much easier to talk about hypothetically than it is to put into practice.

If a deal for Hinrich can't be worked out, another possibility is Shaun Livingston. Most NBA observers have seen the gruesome tape of Livingston tearing everything a human possibly could in his knee, and there remains great doubt as to whether or not he'll ever return to full-strength as evidenced by the Clippers' decision not to tender him a qualifying offer.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9320

mwoodri
07-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I'd take Camby and a Charlotte 1st round without hesitation

JordansBulls
07-01-2008, 06:58 PM
It is no secret that the Bulls and Nuggets would probably swap Hinrich and Camby, but the question remains, will more be added to both sides of the deal?

BG7
07-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Hoopsword = Poopsworld.

They just make stuff up.

BEARS+BULLS=:)
07-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Wat about Hinrich, Hughes n Gooden for Camby n JR Smith. Then we just let BG7 walk or we could resign him n Deng but definately keep deng. That way we get a cheaper BG7, all the young players get more playing time, and we get a good vet C with Camby. Then also resign Duhon cause he has a great relationship with all his teamates and would be great off the bench.

PG Rose/Duhon
SG Smith/Thabo
SF Deng/Noc
PF TT/Noah
C Camby/Noah/Gray

ChitownbullsBG7
07-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah Kirk,Deng,TT, and Gordon for Melo and Camby. Then trade Hughes, Noah, and Noc for B. Davis and Biedrins.

Pg: Rose, Lue
Sg: Davis,Thabo
Sf: Melo,Thabo
Pf: Biedrins,Simmons
C: Camby, Gray

97'bulls
07-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Hoopsword = Poopsworld.

They just make stuff up.

Yup :bs:

Afridi786
07-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Hoopsword = Poopsworld.

They just make stuff up.
poopsworld...ha!

I'd do Camby and Charlotte 1st in a heartbeat.

JordansBulls
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah Kirk,Deng,TT, and Gordon for Melo and Camby. Then trade Hughes, Noah, and Noc for B. Davis and Biedrins.

Where do I sign?
:):clap::D;)

avsman05
07-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Wat about Hinrich, Hughes n Gooden for Camby n JR Smith. Then we just let BG7 walk or we could resign him n Deng but definately keep deng. That way we get a cheaper BG7, all the young players get more playing time, and we get a good vet C with Camby. Then also resign Duhon cause he has a great relationship with all his teamates and would be great off the bench.

PG Rose/Duhon
SG Smith/Thabo
SF Deng/Noc
PF TT/Noah
C Camby/Noah/Gray

I would definately do this trade but the salaries dont match up. Camby makes 10 mil and we'd have to do a s&t where jr makes about 7 mil a year..

avsman05
07-01-2008, 08:23 PM

Sorry guys thats going pretty deep lol Melo will be in a Nuggets uniform next year.

1-800-STFU
07-01-2008, 08:35 PM
^ LOL at your sig

chicubs377
07-01-2008, 08:37 PM
you people really need to forget about melo.

BEARS+BULLS=:)
07-01-2008, 08:38 PM
^yea i just noticed his sig too lol every1 knows thomas jefferson is nowhere near as good as he was when he was playing next to abe lincolns tall self

avsman05
07-01-2008, 08:41 PM
That was actually from a Bulls forum lol i thought it was really funny so i put it as my sig.

JordansBulls
07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Don't want any part of JR Smith on this team.

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 10:34 PM
smith has actually alot of talent, but he's a dumbass, who gets into trouble, it's too bad, but as JB said, he is one of those players you dont want around our young players.

Chi-Town Finest
07-01-2008, 10:36 PM
^Yeah when we had him we just gave him away so I doubt we would want him back but id do Camby and Bobcats first rounder in a heartbeat.

TrueFan23
07-01-2008, 10:37 PM

How about we give the lakers Jameson curry and they give us kobe, gasol, odom, and they definetely have to throw in bynum to u know make the deal fair.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-01-2008, 10:47 PM
It was a Joke. Im glad alot of people were able to see that.

avsman05
07-01-2008, 11:05 PM
It was a Joke. Im glad alot of people were able to see that.

I got one for you how about Tauren green and Steven Hunter for Ben Gordon, Hinrich, Noccioni and to make the deal fair Tyrus Thomas.

DamnGoat
07-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Hoopsword = Poopsworld.

They just make stuff up.
Not really.

They speculate, which is just that, speculation.

They also credit a lot of different media when they report stuff. Most of their articles come from major news sources. They're not much different than Rotoworld.

As far as this one goes, I'd be happy with a Hinrich for Camby swap and anything else is icing on the cake. I didn't know they had CHA 1st Rounder, which is likely a lottery pick, so if we can get that included somehow (probably have to add someone else) then go for it.

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Not really.

They speculate, which is just that, speculation.

They also credit a lot of different media when they report stuff. Most of their articles come from major news sources. They're not much different than Rotoworld.

As far as this one goes, I'd be happy with a Hinrich for Camby swap and anything else is icing on the cake. I didn't know they had CHA 1st Rounder, which is likely a lottery pick, so if we can get that included somehow (probably have to add someone else) then go for it.

ya, denver got it this year when they traded their this years 20th to charlotte for their future first. it's a very interesting trade, cause you would think that charlotte would get into lottery next year anyway, but as I said before, aside from next year's top 5, the draft class depth is VERY weak. unless denver gets a top 5 pick, it's probably a fair deal...
as for the camby deal, I am all for it if the next move involves unloading gooden and noci.

ABTY7
07-01-2008, 11:31 PM
ya, denver got it this year when they traded their this years 20th to charlotte for their future first. it's a very interesting trade, cause you would think that charlotte would get into lottery next year anyway, but as I said before, aside from next year's top 5, the draft class depth is VERY weak. unless denver gets a top 5 pick, it's probably a fair deal...
as for the camby deal, I am all for it if the next move involves unloading gooden and noci.

Denver can't get a top 5 pick out of it next year- the pick dealt to the Nuggets is protected- however it becomes unprotected in the 2010 draft regardless of the draft position the Bobcats have...

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Denver can't get a top 5 pick out of it next year- the pick dealt to the Nuggets is protected- however it becomes unprotected in the 2010 draft regardless of the draft position the Bobcats have...

oh, duh, I forgot that they would obviously protect it.
they traded the 2009 pick though...

CORY_RITCH
07-02-2008, 12:14 AM

you play too much nba live

kozelkid
07-02-2008, 12:21 AM
you play too much nba live

he's joking :sigh:
too many people are either not very good at sarcasm or chitownbullsbg7 is very bad at sounding sarcastic...

shaq32
07-02-2008, 12:32 AM
besides the nuggets who will give us full value for kirk

DamnGoat
07-02-2008, 12:37 AM
besides the nuggets who will give us full value for kirk
What do you consider full value?

A former DPOY that led the league in BLK, would be a great mentor to Tyrus and Noah and has a $7.6M contract that comes off the books in 2010 is great value IMO.

Chi-Town Finest
07-02-2008, 12:37 AM
I dont know, were running out of options now that B.D is about to sign with the Clippers, Portland drafted Bayless, New York is said to have cooled on Hinrich, Sac-Town is high on Udrih and who knows what Miami will do, that pretty much leaves Denver and GoldenState who can try to put Ellis at the pg spot. Did I leave somebody out?

kozelkid
07-02-2008, 12:40 AM
I dont know, were running out of options now that B.D is about to sign with the Clippers, Portland drafted Bayless, New York is said to have cooled on Hinrich, Sac-Town is high on Udrih and who knows what Miami will do, that pretty much leaves Denver and GoldenState who can try to put Ellis at the pg spot. Did I leave somebody out?

no way he goes to GS, he's too slow for that system, he's a halfcourt system, and he would have to score in bunches, gordon would be a better fit, but I want gordon to stay.
as the days go on, this deal seems more and more likely and I cant complain :), I just hope we lose gooden and noci if we do this...
on a side note- I am going to throw up the first time I see du in a knicks uni :puke:, always like him...

b2ball23
07-02-2008, 01:47 AM
I'd take Nene and J.R. Smith for K. Hinrich,.... over trading him to get Camby.

People...we have Luol Deng and Nocioni...we don't need anybody elses big *** standing at the free throw line trying to take a jumper. We need a POST PRESENCE...not a big *** "OPEN" jump shooter.

DamnGoat
07-02-2008, 01:58 AM

People...we have Luol Deng and Nocioni...we don't need anybody elses big *** standing at the free throw line trying to take a jumper. We need a POST PRESENCE...not a big *** "OPEN" jump shooter.
I take it you haven't seen much of Nene's offensive game.

He's not much of a post presence. Most of his points are from Offensive Rebounds and transition. He's not a guy you can just dump the ball down and watch the defense collapse or he'll score easily. His post game is about as refined as Tyrus and Noah's. Plus, his contract is $9M, $10M then $11M for the next 3 years and based on his current production and injury risk, he's nowhere close to being worth that.

Camby on the other hand will consistently give you a double-double, 2-3 BLK and his contract is very reasonable at $8M and $7M for the next 2 seasons.

I don't know what you want JR Smith for? We had him once before (though he never played for us), I doubt we even consider him this time around. Especially considering how jam packed we are at the Guard position. We're not going to trade a Guard and bring another one in.

Ashman23
07-02-2008, 04:53 AM
How soon can this get done?

Camby for Kirk works for me.

Hazardous-taz
07-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Didn't anyone else notice that Camby's contract expires in 2010 along with Hughes' contract? If we keep both till then, we'll put ourselves in a great position for free agency. If Paxson doesn't want anyone in free agency, they'll both be attractive trade baits in the future. Who I want to see gone is Nocioni.

rico
07-02-2008, 06:42 AM
ive noticed it. that frees us up some nice $ flow for 2010, why would you want to see noc gone> hes awesome.

shaq32
07-02-2008, 11:00 AM

good point but i think nene and jr could do damage with rose especially jr

TrueFan23
07-02-2008, 11:03 AM

Nene spends more time in the hospital then on the court.

pooriejay
07-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't understand how someone can rip Camby and go on to say Kirk for Nene and JR Smith is a good trade.

Nene has averaged 48 games a season in his 6 year NBA career. He started ONE game last year. He will make $43 million over the next 4 years.

JR Smith has absolutely NO place on this team. Neither did Sonny Weems. Let Denver keep their big, fast, no defense, athletic chuckers so they can score 130 and lose.

If Denver is willing to give up MORE than Camby for Kirk, Pax should stick with this and push hard for that first round pick to be added. That's the first I heard about a pick being included, and maybe it's typical Hoopsworld crap, but it makes a little sense that Denver should include something besides Camby for a 27 year old starting PG who is a former 7th overall pick.

shaq32
07-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't understand how someone can rip Camby and go on to say Kirk for Nene and JR Smith is a good trade.

Nene has averaged 48 games a season in his 6 year NBA career. He started ONE game last year. He will make $43 million over the next 4 years.

JR Smith has absolutely NO place on this team. Neither did Sonny Weems. Let Denver keep their big, fast, no defense, athletic chuckers so they can score 130 and lose.

If Denver is willing to give up MORE than Camby for Kirk, Pax should stick with this and push hard for that first round pick to be added. That's the first I heard about a pick being included, and maybe it's typical Hoopsworld crap, but it makes a little sense that Denver should include something besides Camby for a 27 year old starting PG who is a former 7th overall pick.

true but the bulls have to get that youth back with that pick thats just how pax is either its going to be a filler or a pick or no deal

JordansBulls
07-02-2008, 04:13 PM
true but the bulls have to get that youth back with that pick thats just how pax is either its going to be a filler or a pick or no deal

Bulls have enough youth. We need some veterans now.

Afridi786
07-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Hinrich for Camby and Charlotte's 1st wud work!