PF - Bosh/Humphries/Baston/Garbajosa
C - Bargnani/Nesterovich/Brezec

The Raptors of 08-09

PG - Calderon/Ukic/ ?
SG - Parker/Adams/ ?
SF - Moon/Kapono/Graham
PF - Bosh/Humphries/Jawai
C - O'Neal/Bargnani/ ?

With the ? it's hard to tell what this years roster will look like but I feel that we im some parts have a better team and somewhat feel we have a different team but have the same result. What do you guys think?

Fion
07-01-2008, 06:51 PM
i am thinking we dont have a 15 man roster this year. If jawaii comes over i expect that will be the last big, maybe one more there.

Possibily another pg gets picked up...not sure.

T.O-Fan
07-01-2008, 07:00 PM
a 15 win improvement in my opinion

nads83
07-01-2008, 07:07 PM
we were a deeper team in 07 but a better team now.
2 major questions about this yr team

1. will JO be healthy. IF he is completely healthy, put him down for 17 and 8 a night.

2. will bargnani continue to regress. IF infact bargnani's second yr was "sophmore slump" and bargnani in fact is capable of playing like he did towards the end of his rookie season, tor will have an impossible to gaurd trio of bigs that will absolutly beast on the east

2 major questions, if both arnt answered in torontos favor, toronto will struggle to make the playoffs.
BUT, if JO is 100% and bargs returns to form, you add a magician in calderon, an allstar in bosh, the greatest shooter in the world in kapono to open up the floor, moon annoying the opposition with his length, an intriguing prospect in ukic, a hungry athlete in adams... we have something special

Raptors27
07-01-2008, 07:07 PM
a 15 win improvement in my opinion

You think we will be a 56 win team? :confused: I was going for a a max 50 win team. Let's face if there are any injuries to any players we are going to suffer. I think we are a 48 - 34 team.

nads83
07-01-2008, 07:08 PM
oh yea. dont forget the all round play of a vet like parker

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 07:10 PM
ya 50 games would be nice..47 wins like 2 years ago would be reasonable and nice :D..hopefully its not like in the Western Conference where you need at least 50+ wins to make it to the playoffs.

T.O-Fan
07-01-2008, 07:13 PM
naa 48 is way to low for bosh and JO..way to low..mark my words..56 and contend for the Championship

nads83
07-01-2008, 07:16 PM
anyone notice the fact that oneal is a career 45% from the floor?

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 07:17 PM
47 win was good enough for 3rd place 2 years ago..i still think Boston and either Detroit if they stay together or Orlando could still be ahead of the raptors

Raptors27
07-01-2008, 07:18 PM
naa 48 is way to low for bosh and JO..way to low..mark my words..56 and contend for the Championship

I can't see us win more than 50 IMO.

Fion
07-01-2008, 07:54 PM
next season 47-53 wins. IM setting part at 47, if we win that , or more, ill be happy.

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I still hope we can get a better SF. I think that'll put us over the top.

VinceIsASally
07-01-2008, 08:15 PM
There will be more deals to be made, BC is not done yet. Will we be active in free agency, of course not, we never we're going to be. But BC can be creative with trading and we have the MLE that we can use on 1-2 more useful players. Unfortunately, I thiink we are still definately a few pieces away from being serious contenders and anyone setting the bar for over 50 wins may be aiming a little too high. As of now our depth at the PG and C spot are still big concerns if anyone gets hurt. We can currently fall anywhere between 3 and 6 in the East next year. Boston and Orlando are still better teams and depending on what Detroit does this offseason, so are they. Factor in Lebron and Cleveland, who themselves will make a few moves before the season to improve their team, and a healthy Washington team, and it is a wildcard as to where we could finish. I'm as optimistic has anyone but I think its unfair to expect the world just yet. One more move for a swingman capable of 15-20 points a night and this may very well be a different story.

The Claw
07-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Raptors Mantra for 08-09 is : " Health is Wealth "

Same was said w/ Boston before the start of last season and before they picked up in the middle of the season PJ Brown and Sam Cassell.

Boston depth before last season was in big question and the same will be said w/ the Raptors roster so far.

A healthy raptors team this season just like Boston's last season will bring them far.

viniciusdcs
07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
The team has less depth but is better. Hopefully we can sign some vets, and if Delfino stayed then it would be great.

By the way, I haven't seen anyone here mention Jorge Garbajosa, did he recover from his injury and is he going to play next season? He would definitely be a good contribution.

So if Rasho comes back after being let go by Indy, Garbs is healthy, and Delfino stays then we'll have a realy deep team.

khanraymond
07-01-2008, 09:57 PM
anyone notice the fact that oneal is a career 45% from the floor?

Played a lot of PF for the majority of his career (mid range game) - facing double and triple teams with no one down low to take the pressure off (like Shaq does for Amare).

His FG% should go up and and TO should decrease - since he has the best AST/TO PG in the league.

Toronto said they are going to go with a 13 man roster this year (Jawii DNP at 13th spot). Leaves 12 roster spots.
Calderon, Parker, Moon, Bosh, O'Neal, Ukic, Bragnani, Kapono, Graham, Humphris, Adam, and G

8 more days until we find out who that last G is going to be. It would be interesting if Delfino decides to accept the 2.7 million and stay with the Raptors for another year. I wouldn't mind seeing Ukic, Delfino, Kapono and Bragnani to fill out our 9 man rotation.

We should start a Poll on who the last Roster spot is going to

Raptors27
07-01-2008, 10:11 PM
The team has less depth but is better. Hopefully we can sign some vets, and if Delfino stayed then it would be great.

By the way, I haven't seen anyone here mention Jorge Garbajosa, did he recover from his injury and is he going to play next season? He would definitely be a good contribution.

So if Rasho comes back after being let go by Indy, Garbs is healthy, and Delfino stays then we'll have a realy deep team.

Garbajosa is gone to play is Europe.

viniciusdcs
07-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Garbajosa is gone to play is Europe.
Oh that sucks, but I guess he wouldn't be able to recover well and really contribute to us anymore.

pebloemer
07-02-2008, 09:29 AM
we were a deeper team in 07 but a better team now.
2 major questions about this yr team

1. will JO be healthy. IF he is completely healthy, put him down for 17 and 8 a night.

2. will bargnani continue to regress. IF infact bargnani's second yr was "sophmore slump" and bargnani in fact is capable of playing like he did towards the end of his rookie season, tor will have an impossible to gaurd trio of bigs that will absolutly beast on the east

2 major questions, if both arnt answered in torontos favor, toronto will struggle to make the playoffs.
BUT, if JO is 100% and bargs returns to form, you add a magician in calderon, an allstar in bosh, the greatest shooter in the world in kapono to open up the floor, moon annoying the opposition with his length, an intriguing prospect in ukic, a hungry athlete in adams... we have something special

Jose has stolen Bargnani's nickname :).