PDA

View Full Version : Text Message from Baron...I want to stay

Webelievegs!
07-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Fitz and Brooks just said that a 'text message' from Baron was received saying that Clippers is a possibilty...but golden state is where I want to stay. Then why opt out?

GIANTS15
07-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Fitz and Brooks just said that a 'text message' from Baron was received saying that Clippers is a possibilty...but here (the bay) is where I want to stay. Then why opt out?

gives him and his agent leverage at the negotiation table...just give him the dam 3 years mullin dam u...im so looking forward to 2008-2009 season dont make it a rebuilding year or fire sale :cry:

esscobar05
07-01-2008, 06:51 PM
The best thing for the team to ddo is give the Baron what he wants and deserves. Three years is not a lot in today's standards I could even see 4 @ 12 mil per.. If you look at the other top 7 point guards in the NBA this is the going rate and I consider Baron one of the top 7 point guards in the NBA. That would still free up 5 mil for this years cap that we would have been committed to if he did not opt out (17.8 mil owed). With the extra money we can sign Monta, Beidrins, and another 2 FA's and still be a playoff team.. I feel that we are one great player and a nice bench player away from being a title contender. Without Baron its almost back to square two.. Not quite square one but it's a step back...

GSW Hoops
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I heard the first 20 minutes or so of Fitz and Brooks and they didn't mention a text message.

What makes you guys think Baron would accept three years? He wants a long-term deal, 5 or 6 years. He'd probably stay here if we were willing to give him a max deal for that length of time, but will go to the Clippers if we won't lock him up that long.

Honestly I wouldn't give him more than 2-3 years, so if he needs to leave so be it.

GIANTS15
07-01-2008, 10:43 PM
wow so ontop of lying too the warriors,nelson and his teamates...he lied to the fans and now even to his boys Fritz and brooks all the way up the last minute .....fk you barron you hollywood diva!