PDA

View Full Version : Roko Ukic expectations?

stothek
07-01-2008, 04:02 PM
What do you guys expect from Roko as the back up PG? Do you expect a season similar to Claderon's first year? Is he going to need some time to get used to the NBA game?

Silver.
07-01-2008, 04:06 PM
6.5-8 ppg 4-5.5 apg 1-2 spg

nads83
07-01-2008, 04:07 PM
20 and 10

Dragan
07-01-2008, 04:08 PM
6ppg 5apg .7spg

nads83
07-01-2008, 04:08 PM
seriously tho...

5 and 3

nads83
07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
6ppg 5apg .7spg

i think thats too high

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
realistically i could see him play between 15-20 minutes per game as a combo of playing pg and sg..realistically i can see Calderon and Ukic on together at times. about 10 ppg, 6 asp, 4rpg

Silver.
07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
i think thats too high

Well he averaged like 3.5 apg in the euro league which equates to about 7-10 apg in the NBA

Dragan
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
i think thats too high

well cee. its all depends if we get another pg to play infront of ukic. and who knows how long he will play for. because who knows if calderon can handle 35 pmg.

i think that he can average 4 to 6 apg.

B2B
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
What do you guys expect from Roko as the back up PG? Do you expect a season similar to Claderon's first year? Is he going to need some time to get used to the NBA game?

In this article they refer to Ukic as a third string PG suggesting maybe we will be picking up a backup other than Roko.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...asketball/home

Another roster spot will go to a third-string point guard who can play some shooting guard. And the last will go to Nathan Jawai, a 6-foot-10, 280-pound Australian who will land in Toronto as the final piece of the Ford-O'Neal trade.

Nets r looking to move Carter & Marcus Williams along with KVH.

If we can get this trade done we get a wing player who can penetrate & create for himself in Carter

We get a solid young PG in Marcus Williams to backup Jose

The price we have to pay for this trade is taking on KVH contract & the return of Vince (not everyone would welcome this move).

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 04:16 PM
it will be easy for him if Kapono doesn't shy from the 3 and plays like he did in playoffs..if so i could see Ukic and Calderon averaging 10 assist each in the first quarter :D

star
07-01-2008, 04:29 PM
12PPG, 5 APG .... easily

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I expect 9 and 5 and 1 steal. I'd be fine with that.

Raptors27
07-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Depends on the minutes, but i think he play 16 minutes or so he will average 7 and 4

The Wise 1
07-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I guess I'm more of a glass half empty kind of guy. I see him playing 12 minutes and getting 4-5ppg and 2-3apg

This 10,6 and 4 type numbers are just nonsense.

Raptors27
07-01-2008, 06:25 PM
I don't think he will average more than 8ppg and 5apg this year. He has to get use to the nba feel.

Fion
07-01-2008, 06:29 PM
I don't think he will average more than 8ppg and 5apg this year. He has to get use to the nba feel.

absoultely doug smith said hes only a little ahead of what caulderon was when he came into the league. Lets not put too much expectations on the kid. He hopefully will do as a good backup.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I guess I'm more of a glass half empty kind of guy. I see him playing 12 minutes and getting 4-5ppg and 2-3apg

This 10,6 and 4 type numbers are just nonsense.

lol out of everyone you have to use mine as an example..i honestly think he can average 10 pts a game..he is said to be a combo guard..if hes on with Calderon im sure hes gonna get some good shots..hes a tremendous passer..with the 2 big guys up front i can vison alot of lob passes and with shooters like parker and Kapono being the top 10 in 3fg %..at the sizer of 6'5..he should be able to rebound much better than other guards but i guess you're right with bosh and o'neal it will be hard to rebound, you can't forget Ukic loves driving to the basket, he has a nack for the ball..so these numbers arn't nonsense

Durant is hype
07-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Wow hes not going to averge those type of #'s.I bet you guys don't even watch him play,probably just put some randomn #'s.

star
07-01-2008, 08:49 PM
i seen him play ... hes good

ps. doug smith is retarted ... his insight isnt really worth anymore than anyone elses

star
07-01-2008, 08:51 PM
calderon will only play about 35 min a game .. that leaves 13 min at PG for roko and another maybe 4-5 at SG ... about 15-17MPG .... he should be able to put up good numbers ... he is a pure scorer

Bricklayer
07-01-2008, 09:17 PM
lol out of everyone you have to use mine as an example..i honestly think he can average 10 pts a game..he is said to be a combo guard..if hes on with Calderon im sure hes gonna get some good shots..hes a tremendous passer..with the 2 big guys up front i can vison alot of lob passes and with shooters like parker and Kapono being the top 10 in 3fg %..at the sizer of 6'5..he should be able to rebound much better than other guards but i guess you're right with bosh and o'neal it will be hard to rebound, you can't forget Ukic loves driving to the basket, he has a nack for the ball..so these numbers arn't nonsense

Sorry man, I'm going to agree with wise1, I think the expectations for this kid are way to high. Another guy said 12 and 5, that would make him one of the better back-ups in the league, which is a little much IMO. Personaly I'd like to see the Raptors sign another point guard incase he's a complete disappointment. Maybe I'm being a Debbie Downer but I just don't see him having that much of an impact in his first year, similar to the way Calderon needed to adjust.

star
07-01-2008, 09:20 PM
dont forget ukic was ready to play 2 years ago ... last year he would have been brought over ... only cause we had tj and jose he wasnt ... he will surprise people

The Claw
07-01-2008, 09:21 PM
I hope BC gets Anthony Carter, maybe 1-1.5 mil will do.

nads83
07-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Wow hes not going to averge those type of #'s.I bet you guys don't even watch him play,probably just put some randomn #'s.

i never seen him play. not even gonna front. but i think hes good for 5 and 3 and 4(ankle breaks), nothing more. solid considering he'll get only 14mins a game.

jrice9
07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
hmmm I see him getting 17 mpg with 6 ppg and 4 apg (pretty solid for a guy who wont get alot of time hopefully because if he does we have been injured)

gbus
07-01-2008, 09:43 PM
I'll go with about 7 points a game and 3 dimes a game and i'll hope he surprises us with 10 and 4 or something like that. I'm hoping Colangelo goes out and picks up a guy to battle Ukic in training camp for the backup spot (like a Tyronn Lue or an Anthony Carter) and if he loses that battle, he's not going to produce much at first. However Roko will play for us this year, he will be given every oppurtunity to get minutes, in similar fashion to the way Bargnani has been given every oppurtunity to play minutes for us. If Roko straight out beats the new guy BC brings into camp for the backup spot, he could have a big year for us as the backup 1/2, producing at a clip of 10 and 4 or something like that. Of equal importance however, will be his defence. If he can bring it on the defensive side, he could play 20 minutes a game because he has the size to guard some 2's in the league. If someone of Derrick Martin's caliber is brought in (meaning Roko will be spoonfed the backup job), expect struggles.

Bob_at_york
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Depends on the minutes, but i think he play 16 minutes or so he will average 7 and 4

that is the kind of minutes I expect from him and the numbers you mention sound about right. What I am curious about is what his FG% and his assist/turnover ratio are going to look like.

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 10:35 AM
4 ppg, 3 apg. I dont see him getting more than that. Apparently Colangelo is targeting a pg as his last player to round out the roster. Depending on who that player is, he may very well be ahead of Ukic on the depth chart. He wont be a factor this season, thats my guess at least.

da1nonly
07-02-2008, 11:06 AM
i dont know about averaging 4, or 5, or even 6+ assists in less than 20minutes a game

the best statistical assist average per 20mins or less played in a game... was 4 asts last year...
and there was only one point guard in the entire nba to average 4 assists in a minimum of 20mins or less per game and that was luke ridnour (4asts per 20mins exact)...

a rookie that is adjusting to the nba, probably playing even less than 20 minutes... is going to have a hard time averaging assists in the 4+ range...

he looks like a 12-15min guy... with about 2-2.5 assist potential... maybe 5-8 pts a game potential... he'll have the odd high assist or high point total game but nothing more...

i'd like to see him make the rookie-sophmore game... but more importantly... provide some spark, maintain the pace set by the first unit (not too much of a drop off), and give 2-4 quality minutes per quarter that calderon will need when resting

anything on top of that is just gravy

HoopsMachine
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't think we need to acquire a third PG as insurance... he is talented and skilled enough for a limited role in backing up Calderon. I have my reservations about him defensively as he is rail thin but usually he will be playing against the opposing team's 2nd PG so it wont be too much of a concern. Im not going to attempt to guess a projection on stats, but I hope whatever he does, he takes smarts shots, and learns not to turn the ball over.

ramansingh3
07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Well he averaged like 3.5 apg in the euro league which equates to about 7-10 apg in the NBA

How does that equate to 7-10, he is going to play at a higher level in the nba and if you think he will be averaging that much throughout the season you're fooling yourself. The last backup to do that was Calderon and the likely hood of Ukic doing that is slim to none especially with maybe 15 minutes a game.

Bob_at_york
07-02-2008, 04:22 PM
How does that equate to 7-10,
In the europe league, the assist rules are stricter. Guys over there don't get as many assists. Jose averaged under 5 per game.

argo
07-02-2008, 04:32 PM
he'll be fun to watch, he's pretty crafty- reminds me a bit of a young jason williams. hopefully he's motivated on D. don't expect big numbers this year though.

RoyHalladay#32
07-02-2008, 11:37 PM
If Roko can get used to the NBA's style of play he could turn into a Beno Udrih type guard. No joke! I watched some of his games, he is a good future player for the Raps.

IversonIsKrazy
07-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Silver.
"Well he averaged like 3.5 apg in the euro league which equates to about 7-10 apg in the NBA"

WHAT!!!! Since when is euroleage tougher than NBA. LOL, if he avg 3.5apg in euro, he'll avg 2 in NBA. I honestly dont expect a lot from him. I think were going to have to sign Earl Boykins, or someone like him, a pg, because i don't think Ukic will b enough. He'll avg this;

MPG: 12
PPG: 4
APG: 2
RPG: 1
SPG: 0.2
BPG: 0.1

Dragan
07-03-2008, 01:46 AM
if he is goign to average 12 mpg and if he plays with bosh and oneal there is no reason for him not to average less than 4 to5 asists per game.

the only way i see him not averaging more than 4 asists is if he throws teh ball away atleast 7 times a game.

Silver.
07-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Silver.
"Well he averaged like 3.5 apg in the euro league which equates to about 7-10 apg in the NBA"

WHAT!!!! Since when is euroleage tougher than NBA. LOL, if he avg 3.5apg in euro, he'll avg 2 in NBA. I honestly dont expect a lot from him. I think were going to have to sign Earl Boykins, or someone like him, a pg, because i don't think Ukic will b enough. He'll avg this;

MPG: 12
PPG: 4
APG: 2
RPG: 1
SPG: 0.2
BPG: 0.1

In the europe league, the assist rules are stricter. Guys over there don't get as many assists. Jose averaged under 5 per game.

truRAPTORSfan
07-03-2008, 03:12 AM
take jose spot

just joking 8 and 5

Tom Stone
07-03-2008, 07:17 AM
In this article they refer to Ukic as a third string PG suggesting maybe we will be picking up a backup other than Roko.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...asketball/home

Another roster spot will go to a third-string point guard who can play some shooting guard. And the last will go to Nathan Jawai, a 6-foot-10, 280-pound Australian who will land in Toronto as the final piece of the Ford-O'Neal trade.

Nets r looking to move Carter & Marcus Williams along with KVH.

If we can get this trade done we get a wing player who can penetrate & create for himself in Carter

We get a solid young PG in Marcus Williams to backup Jose

The price we have to pay for this trade is taking on KVH contract & the return of Vince (not everyone would welcome this move).
Vince Carter in Toronto....didn't you learn your lesson the first time, vince is a talent...that doesn't play defence...settles for wild jump shots he even told the sonics what play we were doing at the end of the game so they new what we were doing.....anyone who wants to play 17 million dollars for that kind of character guy...you have to be an idiot....If you were right about carter...that he is that good for your team, then why is Jersey shopping him....Like I said, if you follow the raptors you know why.....peace

da1nonly
07-03-2008, 08:43 AM
if he is goign to average 12 mpg and if he plays with bosh and oneal there is no reason for him not to average less than 4 to5 asists per game.

the only way i see him not averaging more than 4 asists is if he throws teh ball away atleast 7 times a game.

he's going to average 4-5 asts on only 12mpg??????

that would make him a 16-20 ast per 48min point guard...
at that rate his AP48G would rank him as the best point guard in the NBA ... nash has a 15.5 AP48G and chris paul has a 14.8 AP48G

who needs calderon if this kid can drop dimes better than the best pg's in th league?

based on statistics from nba.com ... over the last few years NO point guard in the nba has EVER averaged 4-5 assists in just 12 mpg...

i doubt he plays with JO or CB4 for all 12 minutes either... so I see the chances of him averaging 4-5 asts in 12mpg as 99.9999% = NO

marvILLous
07-03-2008, 09:18 AM
i never seen him play. not even gonna front. but i think hes good for 5 and 3 and 4(ankle breaks), nothing more. solid considering he'll get only 14mins a game.

now thats real talk

Ragun
07-03-2008, 09:56 AM

He is going to need time.

raptor fan
07-03-2008, 10:38 AM
i don't think he will have a big impact right away. he's going to need time to adjust to the nba game. i predict him putting up about 5 ppg, and 3.5apg.

The Wise 1
07-03-2008, 11:33 AM

at that rate his AP48G would rank him as the best point guard in the NBA ... nash has a 15.5 AP48G and chris paul has a 14.8 AP48G

who needs calderon if this kid can drop dimes better than the best pg's in th league?

based on statistics from nba.com ... over the last few years NO point guard in the nba has EVER averaged 4-5 assists in just 12 mpg...

i doubt he plays with JO or CB4 for all 12 minutes either... so I see the chances of him averaging 4-5 asts in 12mpg as 99.9999% = NO

Thank you. Some of these predictions are a little to high IMO. He isnt going to get the minutes to put up these stats and is probably going to struggle for the 1st part of the season.

Mile High Champ
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM

The rule is that a player can only take one dribble before scoring a basket, its 2 in the nba. That is the only way an assist can occur, so yup its harder.

Dragan
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM

what ever i might have blown it out of proportion but 1 or 2 apg are too low.

dirtybird
07-03-2008, 12:37 PM
6ppg 4apg

B2B
07-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Vince Carter in Toronto....didn't you learn your lesson the first time, vince is a talent...that doesn't play defence...settles for wild jump shots he even told the sonics what play we were doing at the end of the game so they new what we were doing.....anyone who wants to play 17 million dollars for that kind of character guy...you have to be an idiot....If you were right about carter...that he is that good for your team, then why is Jersey shopping him....Like I said, if you follow the raptors you know why.....peace

he even told the sonics what play we were doing at the end of the game so they new what we were doing

Some of the things Vince did I'm unaware of, due to the fact I moved back to T&T. I didn't get Raptor coverage not even in newspapers, hence the reason I started following on the net in the hope of getting updates. However it doesn't change the fact that "I don't care" what he did, it was wrong but it's the past and it's done, move on. The Vince Carter I saw when I was in TO is the Vince I know would help this team with which it's lacking, which is a scoring wing player who can create for himself.

His salary is 13 mil not 17 mil.

If you bothered reading my post you will see that the reason I stated Nets were moving Vince is because they r in complete rebuild mode and want to move his contract for cap purposes in 2010 in the belief they can land Lebron and maybe one other star.

The only way I wouldn't want Vince back is if Bosh doesn't want Vince back other than that I don't give a ****.

I love basketball & I love the Raps don't ****ing ? that. I wouldn't be hear in the middle of the ****ing afternoon on the net talking ****ing ball if I did not.

PEACE

ramz.n
07-03-2008, 05:43 PM
i don't see how he can average less than 4 with Bosh, O'neal, Calderon, Parker, Kapono, high flying Moon and even Bargnani at times...i could average 4+ assist per game =P..why not sign me as the 3rd pg :D

nads83
07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
if we had a more athletic team, ukic might get more assists. dropping a pass off to bosh or oneal dosnt garantee an ast. easiest way to get an ast on our team is an olly to moon or a pass to kapono for 3. bosh and oneal will take a few dribbles before, either, taking a shot, or work their way inside for the easy duece. ukic will average no more then 3-4ast. plz stop being homers