PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Wallace

kenzo400
07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't know if you guys have read the articles, but supposebly one of the talked about deals before we made the one with Indiana, was TJ Ford for Gerald Wallce. In this case it would have been a 1 for 1, with possibly Maceo Baston going to Charlotte to make salaries match. However we would have kept the 17th pick and Rasho.

I can't believe Colangelo took an injured 30 year old O'Neil over Gerald Wallace, a great player who is only 25. Plus Wallace would have fixed the biggest problem on the team, the 20 point wingman scorer. Not to mention we would still have Rasho and the 17th pick, therefore have the chance to still make another decent trade if we wished.

With all the talk about Magette rumours, i think this is the best one possible. I have no idea why he would give up so many things for Jermaine O'Neil and take such huge risks when you got a great player like Wallace available.

Raptors27
07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't know if you guys have read the articles, but supposebly one of the talked about deals before we made the one with Indiana, was TJ Ford for Gerald Wallce. In this case it would have been a 1 for 1, with possibly Maceo Baston going to Charlotte to make salaries match. However we would have kept the 17th pick and Rasho.

I can't believe Colangelo took an injured 30 year old O'Neil over Gerald Wallace, a great player who is only 25. Plus Wallace would have fixed the biggest problem on the team, the 20 point wingman scorer. Not to mention we would still have Rasho and the 17th pick, therefore have the chance to still make another decent trade if we wished.

With all the talk about Magette rumours, i think this is the best one possible. I have no idea why he would give up so many things for Jermaine O'Neil and take such huge risks when you got a great player like Wallace available.

This was posted before and he took O'Neal for so many reasons as posted in otehr threads on this forum.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
well ill give you some reasons
1. O'neal is a 6 time allstar
2. salaries..hesoff the booksin 2 years where the FA marketis going to be crazy in 2010
3. He address the bigger need we have ..i dont think we ened a 20 pt scoer..we need a rebounder, interior defender and thats what O'neal is.
4. while being a good defender and rebounder underneath..if hes healthy hes capable of being this 20 pt scorer..so that would solve your 20 pt scorer issue.

star
07-01-2008, 04:30 PM
2. salaries..hesoff the booksin 2 years where the FA marketis going to be crazy in 2010
3. He address the bigger need we have ..i dont think we ened a 20 pt scoer..we need a rebounder, interior defender and thats what O'neal is.
4. while being a good defender and rebounder underneath..if hes healthy hes capable of being this 20 pt scorer..so that would solve your 20 pt scorer issue.

x2

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 04:36 PM
I would've took JO over Gerald Wallace anyway.

T.O-Fan
07-01-2008, 06:21 PM
same here we need some one like jermaine not wallace

Macedonian
07-01-2008, 07:33 PM
I'd like to have both!

kenzo400
07-02-2008, 12:39 PM

1) Yes, but when was the last time he was in the All Star game?

2) Maybe so, but just because you are under the cap doesn't ensure you will get a good player, no matter how many are available. Plus we are not the only team that will be under the cap that year.

3) Yes he certainly does adress the rebounding issue. However, i don't think that was the bigger need. I mean when Rasho played over 30 minutes he would average more than 7 rebounds a game. Oneal averages about 10. The 20 point scorer was certainly a bigger problem in the playoffs. The only consistent scorer except Bosh in the playoffs was Kapono. Anthony Parker was incredibly streaky. Moon couldn't hit a barn, and don't get me started on Delfino.

4) True, but the big question is if he is healthy.

Overall i think the big mistake in trading for Oneal instead of Wallace is the age issue. I understand Oneals contract comes off the books in 2 years, but like i said that doesn't guarantee that we will sign a big time player. Realistically even out of that free agency pool the most realistic sign we can have is somebody like Michael Redd. I seriously doubt Tracy Mcgrady and the rest of those caliber free agents will sign anywhere but their own teams. Anyway Gerald Wallace would fit the future of this team perfectly because he is ONLY 25 years old! The guy has his whole career ahead of him and hes allready a great player.

Most importantely we wouldn't have to give up as much for him. Tj Ford and a fill in would have been good enough. We would still have opportunity to make for a decent trade with Rasho's expiring contract and the 17th pick.

Musical Tempo
07-02-2008, 01:05 PM

1) Yes, but when was the last time he was in the All Star game?

2) Maybe so, but just because you are under the cap doesn't ensure you will get a good player, no matter how many are available. Plus we are not the only team that will be under the cap that year.

3) Yes he certainly does adress the rebounding issue. However, i don't think that was the bigger need. I mean when Rasho played over 30 minutes he would average more than 7 rebounds a game. Oneal averages about 10. The 20 point scorer was certainly a bigger problem in the playoffs. The only consistent scorer except Bosh in the playoffs was Kapono. Anthony Parker was incredibly streaky. Moon couldn't hit a barn, and don't get me started on Delfino.

4) True, but the big question is if he is healthy.

Overall i think the big mistake in trading for Oneal instead of Wallace is the age issue. I understand Oneals contract comes off the books in 2 years, but like i said that doesn't guarantee that we will sign a big time player. Realistically even out of that free agency pool the most realistic sign we can have is somebody like Michael Redd. I seriously doubt Tracy Mcgrady and the rest of those caliber free agents will sign anywhere but their own teams. Anyway Gerald Wallace would fit the future of this team perfectly because he is ONLY 25 years old! The guy has his whole career ahead of him and hes allready a great player.

Most importantely we wouldn't have to give up as much for him. Tj Ford and a fill in would have been good enough. We would still have opportunity to make for a decent trade with Rasho's expiring contract and the 17th pick.

JO is probably a god compared to Gerald Wallace. If JO is health he will probably be a 20+ and 10 reb player with like a block and change. Gerald Wallace might give you 20pts but he is lack lustered on defense there one night not the next. JO in Indian when he had Brad Miller was probably top 3 Centers/Forwards in the leauge. Now put him with Chris Bosh both players will player better even if they are injury. When you have two big man that can finish around the basket its impossible to double team espeically with every wingman being a 3pt threat. A line up of Kapono, JO, CB4 can give you 60pts a night if the coaching is done correctly.

Mile High Champ
07-02-2008, 01:39 PM
this thread has already been discussed, can we close this one, no reason to keep the boards cluttered with repeat ideas. Thanks!