PDA

View Full Version : A few thoughts.

Indi23
07-01-2008, 03:47 PM
these are just thoughts..

Well i dont see the need to change anything in Phoenix, i love this team(the line up we have now) all we need is a backup point( i know you guys already no this)
there are plenty in the FA so why trade diaw or barbosa. I wasnt impressed with diaws preformance last year but i saw a glimpse that one play off game where he stepped up.. i like the idea of keeping him.. barbosa can be used in a trade.. but the guy i really wanna see back is GORDAN!!!! i loved his contribution ( out side shooting helped spred defence and helped our second unit. i for one think diaw and amare are going to have there best season yet (because of shaq still showing signs of needing to be watched by the opposing defence) shaq can hand it to amare which will take it to the hoop and diaws jump shot from 15 ft, the suns in a slow game will adapt and will help players like amare and diaw develop rebounding for one and defence... i read somewhere the possiblity of tony allen that would really help nash lack of defence and the idea of duhon is still getting me excited.. thanks thats all lol ( more than a few thoughts):)

STAT32
07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Good ideas. I would really like to see the Suns persue Tony Allen as the number one option.

By the way, Welcome to the boards

Indi23
07-01-2008, 08:55 PM
lol thanks for the welcome.. yeah if we could pick up tony that'd be nice.. especially in the suns new offence.

STAT32
07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
^^^ Well his offense isn't what we would be getting him for. Watch some of his highlights, the guy plays the most stifling defense i've seen in a long time. He could run the point and defend guys like parker and kobe

cabrera_logic
07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Exactly!!!

STAT32
07-01-2008, 11:32 PM
The more I think about it actually the more it could actually work. Signing Tony Allen would then make Leandro expendable.... We could then trade Leandro for a talented SF hmmmm

Indi23
07-01-2008, 11:56 PM
oh no thats not what i meant stat.. i know him for his defence... i was saying the run and gun wouldnt suet tony allen.. sure raja bell play good D after the fast break but hes much older now so thats where tony allen comes in.. your ritght about making barbosa expendable but i think we could get a solid Small foward for bell and the brazilian..what do you think?? what can we get for those two.. i still like the diaw idea but if some how we can get our hands on corey maggete(play the shooting guard and SF) or something cheaper for martell webster(only regert rebounding is disgusting) , id like to see one of those guys. any news on grant hill i like him in a suns uniform.

Indi23
07-02-2008, 12:04 AM
oh yeah any chance at Pietrus or Barnes that'd be good too. what do u think?

STAT32
07-02-2008, 12:13 AM
^^^ Corey Maggette just became unattainable when he declared himself a free agent. We don't have enough money to land him. However a package of Leandro Barbosa + Raja Bell could land you a Tayshaun Prince or Gerald Wallace type player but I would only pull the trigger on either of those deals IF we signed Tony Allen. And yes Grant Hill has already excercised his option, he will be a Sun next year.

So you would be looking at a lineup somewhat like this:

Steve Nash/Tyronne Lue (NY will get Duhon)/Goran Dragic (If he's bought out)
Tony Allen/Gordan Giricek (we'd practically have to re-sign him)/DJ Strawberry
Tayshaun Prince or Gerald Wallace/Grant Hill/Boris Diaw/Alando Tucker
Amare Stoudemire/Boris Diaw/Robin Lopez
Shaquille O'neal/Robin Lopez/Brian Skinner

Indi23
07-02-2008, 12:24 AM
tayshaun princes and gerald wallace's name on suns roster would immediately scare teams in the league and make us one of biggest foward lineups in league next to the lakers bynum gasol odom ... now for tony allen i hope we can pounce on him.

STAT32
07-02-2008, 12:25 AM
I just read that Gerald Wallace has fallen so far out of favor with Charlotte management that they are actively shopping him.

PhxGiant
07-02-2008, 03:18 AM
At first i wasnt 100% percent on wanting Tony Allen, but after further thought he would be a great addition, imagine having Raja in your grill then having a sigh of relief when he heads to the bench, only to see Tony Allen check in, also DJ can hold his own on defense.

As far as Prince and Wallace goes, i would be excstatic about acquiring either one, both athletic, both more than capable defenders.

king4day
07-02-2008, 08:25 AM
At first i wasnt 100% percent on wanting Tony Allen, but after further thought he would be a great addition, imagine having Raja in your grill then having a sigh of relief when he heads to the bench, only to see Tony Allen check in, also DJ can hold his own on defense.

As far as Prince and Wallace goes, i would be excstatic about acquiring either one, both athletic, both more than capable defenders.

We'd be more likely to get Prince since Wallace is their only big man. I'd be happy with that.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-02-2008, 09:58 AM
you guys can take qrich back.

PhxGiant
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
We'd be more likely to get Prince since Wallace is their only big man. I'd be happy with that.

Did you think i meant Sheed? lol

But yeah, i'm a fan of Prince, he's like Marion in the sense that he is the kind of guy you dont have to run plays for, and he shoots the ball well.

king4day
07-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Did you think i meant Sheed? lol

But yeah, i'm a fan of Prince, he's like Marion in the sense that he is the kind of guy you dont have to run plays for, and he shoots the ball well.

Yea, that's what I get for skimming :o

I live in Charlotte and see Wallace play all the time. I think he's a younger clone of Marion but hustles more, if that's even possible.

Prince would breat excellent for our shotblocking. We'd be pretty sick with either, but if I had to choose, I'd take prince due to his experience.

PhxGiant
07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah i only get to see Wallace play for the two games against the Suns, i agree hes another marion type player, but Prince does have the experience as you said, he's been tested in the playoffs and he has proven what he can do, i also like how he has accepted playing a role all these years ,so that shows he wouldnt be an ego type player.

nashty13
07-02-2008, 06:11 PM
I dont see us getting any of those players or making any big moves. I think Kerr used up all of his testicular fortitude in making that semi ******** shaq trade (see our draft and lack of moving players). I'm about 98% sure we're standing pat guys. Maybe we'll make a mid-level addition but thats about it.

Indi23
07-02-2008, 11:54 PM
we should look into free agent Roger Mason Jr he started 9 out of 80 games(meaning he is a bench player) and averaged 9 points agame for the wizards i seen him play i enjoy his offence, his rebounding is horridness for a small forward but can bring that energy off the bench and we can get him cheap. he can play a back up to tony allen if we get him... hes 6.5 so he can play that guard positon too

STAT32
07-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Main priority should be to lock up Tony Allen.

cabrera_logic
07-03-2008, 08:18 AM
I Highly agreed with you STAT32

theimortalone
07-03-2008, 08:45 AM
^^^ Well his offense isn't what we would be getting him for. Watch some of his highlights, the guy plays the most stifling defense i've seen in a long time. He could run the point and defend guys like parker and kobe

**** if that is the case I am all for getting him! WE need that bad!

theimortalone
07-03-2008, 08:59 AM
you guys can take qrich back.

haha and why is that? I dunno if we would want Q back. He was only good with his 3's never really saw him play defense tho.

king4day
07-03-2008, 09:53 AM
haha and why is that? I dunno if we would want Q back. He was only good with his 3's never really saw him play defense tho.

He can play D and post up on mismatches. And we all know what he did with the 3. It actually would be a good move since he's only got a year or so left.

Imagine though, the Knicks add House. Q and House would be a deadly perimeter duo.

Indi23
07-03-2008, 03:02 PM
i agree but i havent heard much news for almost 3 days about tony,, i'd really like him to,, Roger was my option for bench points cuz tony would be starting like bell did and bowen does for the spurs....

STAT32
07-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Roger Mason wouldn't be bad, he'd come fairly cheap which is nice.

Tony Allen- Absolute lock-down defense
Roger Mason- Good offensive skill-set

Between the two, i'll take defense