PDA

View Full Version : Report: Courtney Lee to sign 4 year deal worth $6 million

jacquewho?
07-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Magic draft pick Courtney Lee is expected to sign a four-year, $6 million contract as soon as Tuesday.

Lee, a 6'5" shooting guard, gives size to the Magic backcourt and could play a big role if free agent Keyon Dooling is signed away this summer. He might not find huge minutes behind Keith Bogans, but fantasy owners should keep him in mind as the season unfolds.

rotoworld

Good move. I watched this kid in high school, man he is something special.

ManRam
07-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Yay. 4 years at 6 million is quite reasonable. Hopefully he can produce sometime soon. There should be a lot of friendly competition to win the starting SG job...and he has more talent than Bogans and Redick.

Reezy
07-01-2008, 04:42 PM
and he has more talent than Bogans and Redick.

I'll believe it when he steps on an NBA court.

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 08:11 PM

For sure he'll be better than Reddick as soon as he plays since Reddick doesn't really play.

ManRam
07-01-2008, 08:14 PM

You don't have to step on the court to have talent. You have to step on the court to be a good player. Lee has more all around talent, from what I've seen of him. We know what Bogans can do, and we also know that Redick has enough talent to ride the bench.

I'm excited to see what Lee can do.

x_notorious
07-03-2008, 02:42 PM
The Orlando Magic have signed its first round draft pick, guard Courtney Lee, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Lee was selected by the Magic with the 22nd overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft. Lee will participate with the Magic in the Orlando Pro Summer League, July 7-11, at the RDV Sportsplex. The 15-game event will feature the Magic, Chicago, Indiana, Miami, New Jersey and Seattle. Lee (6”5”, 200, 10/3/85) played four seasons at Western Kentucky University, averaging 17.6 ppg., 5.2 rpg., 2.2 apg. and 1.91 stlpg. in 127 career games. He started every game he played at WKU. Lee also shot .401 (245-611) from three-point range and .817 (389-476) during his collegiate career.

Link (http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/53372/20080703/orlando_inks_courtney_lee/)

Reezy
09-04-2008, 07:22 PM
You don't have to step on the court to have talent. You have to step on the court to be a good player. Lee has more all around talent, from what I've seen of him. We know what Bogans can do, and we also know that Redick has enough talent to ride the bench.

I'm excited to see what Lee can do.
*I know this is old, but I didn't see the response, plus it may get ManRam to sign back in*

I'm not discounting Lee, at all but you're just being pedantic. The difference between those two things is like the difference between 4WD and AWD. You obviously haven't seen what Redick can do on the NBA court since he has never gotten consistent minutes.

macc
09-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah I agree, I wish at least for a few games SVG would have given Reddick 20 + min a game. From the little bit he did play he would produce, he had alot of 7-12 min games scoring between 4-8 points which isn't bad for such a short stint off the bench. On the other hand I like Lee, or at least what I saw of him in the summer camps. He was the 22nd overall pic but yet made the 1st team for the rookies. He is an aggressive slasher which is exactly what the Magic need, and with Howard, Turgs, and Lewis around him that should give him enough space on the floor to go to work.

*Superman*
09-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I think all of us would agree that JJ needs a decent shot on the court. IMO Lee will be the better player though. He has more of a game then the 3 pointer. He can take it and can even play PG from what i have heard.