PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about starting SG: Mobley or Gordon..

adealstimson
07-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Here's just a topic I think might be able to hold the weight of its own thread..

I myself am a fan of starting Mobley simply because of the experience factor and on-ball defense factor. He can defend the post as well as anyone his size..

But I could go either way, Gordon has a great skill set, and is supposed to be a good defender, we'll see.. But he is still a rookie and can still develop beautifully in a role off the bench for us.. Final thought, Mobley is a part of our team's core right now, and I really like having someone with Clipper experience in the backcourt.

Cracka2HI!
07-01-2008, 02:54 PM
I would say Gordon. I think he steps in and is a major player from day 1!

adealstimson
07-01-2008, 03:06 PM
I guess maybe weve all talked about it enough..

hockeypro68
07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
I wish Dunleavy would go with Gordon, but seeing as how he didnt start thornton for more than the first half of the season, I figure he's going to do the same with Gordon.

krazyclipperfan
07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
I say Gordon because Mobely wants to come off the bench and would suit us better off the bench. I would let gordon start because he has a good chance to possibly win rookie of the year.

adealstimson
07-01-2008, 04:03 PM
I say Gordon because Mobely wants to come off the bench and would suit us better off the bench. I would let gordon start because he has a good chance to possibly win rookie of the year.

Oh well if Mobley would like to come off the bench, its solved.. Gordon for ROY.. Looks like were gonna get Udrih.. Diddy might stay with Golden State and we love Udrih I guess.. I wonder if EB approves..

arlubas
07-01-2008, 04:50 PM
^ Getting Udrih would be sweet as for us, it'd mean we have found our startng PG. He did pretty good last year with Sacto when he was starting and he's a lot better than what we currently have on our roster...

As for starting SG I think it would be best to start Mobley but have Gordon have the more minutes kinda like what Chicago did with Duhon and Gordon a couple of years ago.

kobe2008mvp
07-01-2008, 10:53 PM
i have a question who do u clipper fans think will have a better career thorton or gordon?

adealstimson
07-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Al Thornton.. He has every aspect of NBA game.. Gordon is like Ben Gordon, good but limited in his abilities..

kylem4711
07-01-2008, 11:34 PM
mobley

krazyclipperfan
07-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I think Al Thornton will be the better NBA player. Gordon does have the potental to be a good NBA player I think he will be better then Ben Gordon.

Chronz
07-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Sign and trade Maggette for Posey

Baron Davis, Posey, Thornton, EB, Kaman

kylem4711
07-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Sign and trade Maggette for Posey

Baron Davis, Posey, Thornton, EB, Kaman

probably wont happen though.

adealstimson
07-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Ricky Davis for Maggette

Cracka2HI!
07-02-2008, 02:07 AM
I don't think we can do anything with Corey. If we can that would be awesome! We should probably just re-sign him. However I think since were using all our cap room he is gone. I think Brand has to take less money to sign too. Its all good tho we got our guy. As for this thread. I want Gordon to start and if we can trade Mobley for Crawford we need to get that done.

Chronz
07-02-2008, 03:41 AM
OK if we cant trade Maggs then I wouldnt mind seeing either of these guys start. Baron is one of the few PG's you can pair with an undersized SG like Gordon. Baron is a great defender when guarding 2's and EG might be better served guarding the quicker players.

But either way Im not sure I like the SG situation, I dont have faith in EG and Im thinking this may be the year Mobley slips considerably.

Cracka2HI!
07-02-2008, 03:48 AM
I have faith in both Gordon and Mobley to get the job done. I think Gordon could be a really good pick up for us!