PDA

View Full Version : NJ the place to go for Bigs?

pebloemer
07-01-2008, 02:11 PM
NJ has a pile of young bigs which makes little sense for them to keep all of them.

Sean Williams, Yi Jianlian, Ryan Anderson, Nenad Krstic, Josh Boone, Brook Lopez

You would have to think that Yi, Brook and Anderson were drafted and traded for for a reason. What happens with Williams, Krstic, Boone. If the price is cheap, I would make a call to NJ.

Do we need more depth at the front court? Will Jawai be coming in this year?

North Yorker
07-01-2008, 03:04 PM
My guess is that Kristic is on the move.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 03:06 PM
NJ has a pile of young bigs which makes little sense for them to keep all of them.

Sean Williams, Yi Jianlian, Ryan Anderson, Nenad Krstic, Josh Boone, Brook Lopez

You would have to think that Yi, Brook and Anderson were drafted and traded for for a reason. What happens with Williams, Krstic, Boone. If the price is cheap, I would make a call to NJ.

Do we need more depth at the front court? Will Jawai be coming in this year?

You do know they also need depth..im sure boone ..Krstic will come off the bench..ad Williams will start at sf..with RJ gone and his progress this year..hard to see NJ leave him on the bench.

pg-harris
sg-carter
sf-williams
pf-krstic?
c-lopez

Johann
07-01-2008, 03:12 PM
IMO i think that carter wont stay in NJ, hell pull another 'vincanity' and leave a young team.
theyll need all the depth they can get

pebloemer
07-01-2008, 03:12 PM
You do know they also need depth..im sure boone ..Krstic will come off the bench..ad Williams will start at sf..with RJ gone and his progress this year..hard to see NJ leave him on the bench.

pg-harris
sg-carter
sf-williams
pf-krstic?
c-lopez

Sean Williams from playing C last year to SF this year? Wouldn't have guessed that but other franchises have done the opposite (SF to C - bargs). That is a lot of depth for two positions even if Williams is SF. Swift and Diop are both gone, so they need to fill holes, but I see players such as Boone or Krstic available for a decent trade. They will need depth at swing position.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Sean Williams from playing C last year to SF this year? Wouldn't have guessed that but other franchises have done the opposite (SF to C - bargs). That is a lot of depth for two positions even if Williams is SF. Swift and Diop are both gone, so they need to fill holes, but I see players such as Boone or Krstic available for a decent trade. They will need depth at swing position.

lol mistake..i got confused with SHAWN WILLIAMS from pacers..why do they both have the same name -.- and theres another marcus williams..

Fion
07-01-2008, 03:20 PM
I think they keep kristic, they signed him for sooo cheap, that if he can recover and play at even half the level he was playing at before he had that terrible injury they will be massive underpaying him. He was playing as a 16 and 8 guy b4 that injury.

pebloemer
07-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I think they keep kristic, they signed him for sooo cheap, that if he can recover and play at even half the level he was playing at before he had that terrible injury they will be massive underpaying him. He was playing as a 16 and 8 guy b4 that injury.

They gave him a qualifying offer, I haven't heard whether he has taken it.

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3463973

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I think they should give Krstic a chance. He was solid for them before he went down.