PDA

View Full Version : Fact/Ficton

iam brett favre
07-01-2008, 01:59 PM
decided to bring this thread over to the packers fans since I've been taking a part of the action in the Faclons. So here's how we play. I say fact fiction, make a statement, you guys reply with a fact/fiction answer, a breif statement why and ask your own fact/fiction statement. So.....now we know the rules, let's play:

Fact/Fiction: Aaron Rodgers will start the 1st game of the season.

newdude
07-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Fact/Fiction: Aaron Rodgers will start the 1st game of the season.

Fact:
I don't think he is that fragile to the extent of getting hurt in training camp and preseason that easily, and MM won't start a rookie QB the first game, unless Brohm is actually a Manning:speechless:

Fact/Fiction: Brohm will start at least one game this season.

SC PackerGuy
07-01-2008, 03:05 PM
FIction. Rodgers will miss a game or two, but it will be a yet unsigned veteran to make those starts.

Fact/Fiction. Adrian Peterson still wont rush for a 100 yard game agianst us?

Brunner
07-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Fiction: You can;t contain someone with his talent for that long. I don't think he will run all over us, but he will get more than 100 yards in one of the games.

Fact/Fiction: Jordy Nelson will have more yards receiving this year than James Jones?

SamG187
07-01-2008, 04:51 PM
^^^^Fiction, I see it like this Nelson-350 yds 2 or 3 tds, Jones 600 yds 5 tds

Fact or Fiction/Will KGB over come injuries and get double digit sack this year?

WSUJJ
07-01-2008, 05:25 PM
No, KB is getting way too old.... He will get benched mid-way through this year. ----he's gone at end of seaso.

Fact/Fiction--- Will the packers get the 2nd round in playoffs???

robdizzle3
07-01-2008, 05:45 PM
No, KB is getting way too old.... He will get benched mid-way through this year. ----he's gone at end of seaso.

Fact/Fiction--- Will the packers get the 2nd round in playoffs???

Fact.No other team has improved much and we were one of if not the youngest team in the League so we are oly getting better.

Q.Grant runs for over 1,000 yards

iam brett favre
07-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Fact. There's no reason why he cant repeat what he did last year.. although losing Favre does take away the passing threat away. I still think he will.

Q. Aaron Kampman will lead the league is sacks.

Rtardz
07-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Fact. I think he will finally take over and make a full name for himself this year. He keeps getting better and better and barring injury I don`t see any stopping him. especially if they really are employing all these new blitz packages.

Fact/Fiction Poppinga will remain the starter for the entire year of Chillar?

iam brett favre
07-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Fiction. If I read that correct, I think Chillar will eventually start.

Q. Aaron Rodgers will have over 3,500 yards this year

uncfan44
07-01-2008, 06:28 PM
fiction
arod will have 3000 yard season and like 20td's 15 int's IMO.

fact fiction----both ryan grant and greg jennings have 1000 yard 10 td seasons

beast
07-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Q. Aaron Kampman will lead the league is sacks.

Fiction, Kampman doesn't even lead the NFC. With Patrick Kerney and Jared Allen in the NFC.

IMO Kerney is the worse DE that I named, but gets to play 6 games against the NFC West (two of which are against Mike Martz offense which are very know for giving up a lot of sack), and he gets to the AFC East which is 3 more easy games. This guy is good not great, but he gets to go up against 9 very weak OLs which will make his stats look great.

Allen is about as good as Kampman, not as good run stopper, but he's quicker, and he has the best run defense to help him. And basic gets to play the same teams that Kampman does minus Dallas and Seahawks and add Giants and Cardinals.

Fact/Fiction Poppinga will remain the starter for the entire year of Chillar?
Fiction IMO they will go back and forth depending, who's better against that offense. I think Poppinga gets the running teams, Chillar gets the passing team, and it's a toss up for the team that are about 50-50.

Q. Aaron Rodgers will have over 3,500 yards this year

Oooo, that's hard Driver and Jennings gets over 1,000 each, Jones and Nelson over 500 each, so that's at least 3,000 IMO. But we'll be going running more, so I think. I'll say Fiction but close every close.

I'm a slow typer....and can't be the first person, to answer, sorry for all the back up, but just though I would answer.

beast
07-01-2008, 06:37 PM
fact fiction----both ryan grant and greg jennings have 1000 yard 10 td seasons

I'll go fact, Jennings seem to be Rodgers guy IMO, and he was 80 yards short of that, and he missed 3 games. Grant was 44 and 2 TDs from that while not starting even 8 games. Healthy problems could mess this up, but if every one stays healthy I see it.

Fact/Fiction: The DTs be able to get healthy and stay healthy enough as a group to not be a weakness for any game.

thaboss318
07-01-2008, 06:40 PM
FIction. Rodgers will miss a game or two, but it will be a yet unsigned veteran to make those starts.

Fact/Fiction. Adrian Peterson still wont rush for a 100 yard game agianst us?

he already has ran for 100 yards on the packers...unless u are referring to the adrian peterson from the bears..his first game against us..he ran for 112 on like 12 carries

thaboss318
07-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I'll go fact, Jennings seem to be Rodgers guy IMO, and he was 80 yards short of that, and he missed 3 games. Grant was 44 and 2 TDs from that while not starting even 8 games. Healthy problems could mess this up, but if every one stays healthy I see it.

Fact/Fiction: The DTs be able to get healthy and stay healthy enough as a group to not be a weakness for any game.

fact

I think the dt's will be fine..too much is being made of these injuries..will be back at strength by training camp

fact or fiction: nick barnett actually gets voted to the pro bowl..and is not an alternate

uncfan44
07-01-2008, 07:01 PM
fiction people want to vote ina guy who plays fancy not just plays hard. he will be over looked for not enough sacks or int's. i think he will deserve it but i dont think the pac will start blitzin enough to make up for ppl not wantin to vote him in.

fact or fiction----harris starts to show age like he did vs. giants and start to drop off....:confused:

dtrsi
07-01-2008, 07:08 PM
fact or fiction: nick barnett actually gets voted to the pro bowl..and is not an alternate

fact

I think Nick Barnett will have a huge year for us. Especially if we do play a more agressive style of D this year.

fact/fiction: Hawk will have a break out year and finally put up the numbers we have all been waiting for.

uncfan44
07-01-2008, 07:14 PM
fact. i see a huge year from hawk, he has the potential to put up big play numbers and seems to be a hard worker. i deff see him havin another solid year, this time with more big plays that we have been expecting out of him.

beast
07-01-2008, 08:29 PM
fact or fiction----harris starts to show age like he did vs. giants and start to drop off....:confused:

fiction. Everyone brings up Harris' two bad games against the 'Boys and Giants, but

the 'Boys game was playing zone which I blame the coaches with, because Harris can't play zone, the only thing Harris can play is bump and run man to man, so I blame that one on the coaches.

the Giants game he went man to man bump and run against Plaxico Burress. One no body could stop Burress, Woodson couldn't do it ether when Woodson had his chance. Also what was different about that game for Harris? Harris couldn't beat Burress at the line. Harris beats every one at the line, other than Burress. Burress is a tall lanky WR, and he's the only one I've seen be able to beat harris at the line like that over and over. Until someone else does, I'm not going to say it's Harris, I'm going to say you just can't bump and run Burress.

fact/fiction: Packers will be back in the NFC Champs game

gbpack415
07-01-2008, 09:21 PM
fact

I think the dt's will be fine..too much is being made of these injuries..will be back at strength by training camp

Fact- I think he is finally starting to be noticed league-wide and, bias aside, he definitely has earned it. I was going to copy and paste some stats about him from the Packers' site but I think we all know how good hes done.

fact or fiction: The Packers start 4-0

hughest4
07-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Fact- I think he is finally starting to be noticed league-wide and, bias aside, he definitely has earned it. I was going to copy and paste some stats about him from the Packers' site but I think we all know how good hes done.

fact or fiction: The Packers start 4-0

Fiction - I would love for the Packers to start 4-0 but i see 3 teams that have a decent/good shot at beating us..but that is not to say they will. We really have to look out for the Vikes, TB, and Dallas. I think we'll start 3-1 or 2-2 at the very worst

Fact or Fiction: Nick Collins will get benched for Aaron Rouse at some point this season?

SamG187
07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Fiction - I would love for the Packers to start 4-0 but i see 3 teams that have a decent/good shot at beating us..but that is not to say they will. We really have to look out for the Vikes, TB, and Dallas. I think we'll start 3-1 or 2-2 at the very worst

Fact or Fiction: Nick Collins will get benched for Aaron Rouse at some point this season?

Fact- Very tough to say though because I would like to see Rouse in coverage more to say for sure, yea he got some timely picks last year but is he just a Roy Williams..we've yet to see.

Fact or Fiction- Our O tackles finally get some love in the Pro Bowl voting..

Mziolkow
07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Fact- Very tough to say though because I would like to see Rouse in coverage more to say for sure, yea he got some timely picks last year but is he just a Roy Williams..we've yet to see.

Fact or Fiction- Our O tackles finally get some love in the Pro Bowl voting..

Doubtful, They are getting a little older so their productivity may decline and even if it doesnt, they werent top 10 picks so the notoriety and name recognition wont be their. Its a shame too because they are both great players and tausch def deserves some pro bowl love.

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 12:53 PM

fact- i think in training camp rouse will really come into his own and show that he can be good enough to start, he wont start, but he will do well enough in preseason and in camp to eventually overtake colins

Fact or fiction- atari bigby will play like he did in the playoffs, and not like he did the rest of the season

beast
07-02-2008, 01:49 PM
fact- i think in training camp rouse will really come into his own and show that he can be good enough to start, he wont start, but he will do well enough in preseason and in camp to eventually overtake colins

Fact or fiction- atari bigby will play like he did in the playoffs, and not like he did the rest of the season

Fact, he will play really well, but you may see a rest of the season once in a while but not as much as the playoffs. And really I could see them using different S every week. I think Bigby, Collins, and Rouse could all gets starts in different game, depending on which talent the coaches think will be best against that weeks offense.

Fact or Fiction: Grant will run 100 yards on the Vikings in week 1.

hughest4
07-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Fact, he will play really well, but you may see a rest of the season once in a while but not as much as the playoffs. And really I could see them using different S every week. I think Bigby, Collins, and Rouse could all gets starts in different game, depending on which talent the coaches think will be best against that weeks offense.

Fact or Fiction: Grant will run 100 yards on the Vikings in week 1.

Fiction - But i think he will get very, very close to it. Even though Grant ran for 119 on them last year he had the bulk of the carries. I still think he will run the ball the majority of the time but Jackson should get his chances. That and the Vikings good run D will keep him between 80-95 yards.

Fact or Fiction: If healthy, Will Blackmon will score at least 3 Punt/Kick Returns for TDs

SoCalPacker2
07-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Fiction - But i think he will get very, very close to it. Even though Grant ran for 119 on them last year he had the bulk of the carries. I still think he will run the ball the majority of the time but Jackson should get his chances. That and the Vikings good run D will keep him between 80-95 yards.

Fact or Fiction: If healthy, Will Blackmon will score at least 3 Punt/Kick Returns for TDs

Fact: Like MM and everyone on that team has said, Blackmon is the most athletic player on the team and everytime that he's played (preseason and season) he has been a threat to score everytime he touches the ball.

Fact or Fiction: Contrary to belief, Grant will NOT be the star #1 back and run for 1500 yards... but rather, Grant and Jackson become a 2 headed monster due to Grant's contract disputes and Jackson's improvement.

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Fiction

Will Rodgers get hurt and be replaced for Brohm for good?

Cronin
07-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Fact

Will Favre play for any team next season?

iam brett favre
07-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Fact. I dont know for who, but I think he will.

Will TT be the GM after this season?

WSUJJ
10-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Yes
FACT/FICTION = Will Packers stay above .500