PDA

View Full Version : The Clippers can have Baron........

Webelievegs!
07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
The more I read up on Baron and the whole opting out decision, the more I begin to realize how shady he really is. Don't get me wrong, I have mad respect for B-Diddy and I'm very thankful for what he has done for our team; but how can a 29 year old (injury prone) veteran pass up 17 million for just one year? This is coming from the same man who constantly, constantly, constantly expressed how he 'loves the Bay Area and sees himself winning a championship with the team.' The same man who just a few days earlier told Nelson that he was going to stay, then all of a sudden make a last minute decision to opt out without speaking with the organization beforehand. He was the heart and soul of the team and he knew it. Everyone loved him. I guess what it comes down to in the end is the money and the hollywood stardom, not the passion and love for the game. But that's typical for American athletes nowadays, right?

Lincoln Logs
07-01-2008, 02:49 PM
This is exactly why I'm pissed at him, not the Warriors.

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Quit hating on Baron. Guy want's a long term deal. I would have opted out as well. Who wouldn't? You get played to death by your coach, and no job security to show for it.

Webelievegs!
07-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Quit hating on Baron. Guy want's a long term deal. I would have opted out as well. Who wouldn't? You get played to death by your coach, and no job security to show for it.

I didnt say I hated him. The way he walked out could of been more mature and professional. You don't go around telling everyone that you're going to stay and suddenly jump off the wagon. The Warriors did the best they could with the 17 Million and Baron walked away. I'm pissed off at the way he exited. At least show some respect to the organization who gave rebirth to you. Don't make everyone think you're going to stay if you're not. Period

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I didnt say I hated him. The way he walked out could of been more mature and professional. You don't go around telling everyone that you're going to stay and suddenly jump off the wagon. The Warriors did the best they could with the 17 Million and Baron walked away. I'm pissed off at the way he exited. At least show some respect to the organization who gave rebirth to you. Don't make everyone think you're going to stay if you're not. Period

It's all part of the show. Brand and Maggette also opted out on the last day. It's a common occurrence. Gain some perspective. All he wants is a long term contract. If he can't get it here, why not go to LA where his family resides and where he has a better chance fo winning a ring paired with Elton Brand?

Webelievegs!
07-01-2008, 04:03 PM
It's all part of the show. Brand and Maggette also opted out on the last day. It's a common occurrence. Gain some perspective. All he wants is a long term contract. If he can't get it here, why not go to LA where his family resides and where he has a better chance fo winning a ring paired with Elton Brand?

So I guess the whole entire NBA is a part of a whole big circus and Baron Davis's act is to tell everyone that he is going to stay and how he loves us and our city and then walk out without warning? C'mon, even Brand had enough dignity to say that he is open to return to the Clips- while we haven't heard a word from Baron as of late. Come on Baron, man up.

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 04:27 PM
So I guess the whole entire NBA is a part of a whole big circus and Baron Davis's act is to tell everyone that he is going to stay and how he loves us and our city and then walk out without warning? C'mon, even Brand had enough dignity to say that he is open to return to the Clips- while we haven't heard a word from Baron as of late. Come on Baron, man up.

Baron has been saying he wants to stay since Day 1. Where have you been?

If there is anyone to blame, it should be our cheapskate owner!!!

Webelievegs!
07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
no shizzit, but Brand stated that he has no urgent motivation to leave LA AFTER he opted out. On the other hand, Baron has not said a word that I have been able to hear or read. Baron played us all by saying he wants to stay since day 1, and then leaving abruptly.

garlicboy
07-01-2008, 05:50 PM
no shizzit, but Brand stated that he has no urgent motivation to leave LA AFTER he opted out. On the other hand, Baron has not said a word that I have been able to hear or read. Baron played us all by saying he wants to stay since day 1, and then leaving abruptly.

Proof that Baron has been getting low-balled. http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2008/07/01/well-well-well/

BLAME CHRIS COHAN!!!

Saltinuts40
07-01-2008, 05:59 PM
We are already planning on giving Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins max deals, so we don't want to give Baron the same. Baron wants to try and get as much money as possible so he can retire after his next contract. He'd like it to be us, but if he didn't opt out, he would have no guarantees after this upcoming season. This allows him the leverage to get a long term deal. We can still offer him more than anyone else. We might. However, we need to sign Ellis and Biedrins, and if Davis moves on in a sign and trade, it will be one we accept.

B.S. the Clippers can have Baron. Only a moron would want Baron to leave for nothing.

Webelievegs!
07-01-2008, 06:27 PM
We are already planning on giving Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins max deals, so we don't want to give Baron the same. Baron wants to try and get as much money as possible so he can retire after his next contract. He'd like it to be us, but if he didn't opt out, he would have no guarantees after this upcoming season. This allows him the leverage to get a long term deal. We can still offer him more than anyone else. We might. However, we need to sign Ellis and Biedrins, and if Davis moves on in a sign and trade, it will be one we accept.

B.S. the Clippers can have Baron. Only a moron would want Baron to leave for nothing.

Why spend more money on a guy who does not garauntee any future benefits for the organization? The bottom line is that Baron wants money that the Warriors do not want to dish out. 17.8 mill$ is alot for one year. If Baron wants more money and a long term contract then he can go wherever he wants; but keep in mind he is NOT a superstar player. And how many offers do you think he will get at his age and resume. We will have a brighter path signing a young and upcoming player. Baron is asking for waaay too much if he wants beyond 18$ mill

GSW Hoops
07-01-2008, 10:46 PM
The more I read up on Baron and the whole opting out decision, the more I begin to realize how shady he really is. Don't get me wrong, I have mad respect for B-Diddy and I'm very thankful for what he has done for our team; but how can a 29 year old (injury prone) veteran pass up 17 million for just one year? This is coming from the same man who constantly, constantly, constantly expressed how he 'loves the Bay Area and sees himself winning a championship with the team.' The same man who just a few days earlier told Nelson that he was going to stay, then all of a sudden make a last minute decision to opt out without speaking with the organization beforehand. He was the heart and soul of the team and he knew it. Everyone loved him. I guess what it comes down to in the end is the money and the hollywood stardom, not the passion and love for the game. But that's typical for American athletes nowadays, right?

It's a business, nothing personal. If your job paid you 100k a year and another job doing the same tasks came along and offered you 175k a year guaranteed for 6 years, would you stay or go?

Skippington
07-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Not giving Baron long term $ isn't cheap, it's smart. In a long line of bad decisions, the warriors are turning around and making wise ones for a change.

There is no way he has a season like last year again. He may not play 82 games for the next 2 years. Why tie up x million through the next 5 years when you can continue to build a champ caliber team for the future. With or without Baron next year, the Dubs aren't going past the 2nd round of the playoffs at best.

Its a smart play by the management. I love Baron and am sad to see him go. He is the heart and soul of this team and without him, we would still be watching a bunch of sucks that haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years. He taught the bay area that we can be winners again. Now its time to find his replacement for the future.

Just my thoughts.

Jimmy3702
07-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Would of been happy for him to leave if he had been upfront and honest. But the way he acted dissapointed me. Baron Davis is the new Jeff Kent.