PDA

View Full Version : Okafor and Biendrins

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
these are the 2 guys outside of brand that could help the sixers the most. yet NO ONE seems to be talking about signing okafor, and only recently has biendrins come into the conversation.

you think the bobcats would match if we signed okafor for $12 million?

we could probably get biendrins for about 5 years $48-55 million....and the warriors just offered arenas the max (weird)...so we could grab biendrins easy if arenas takes it.

Westbrook36
07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
1.Brand, not so sure I want him. I dont think that he wants to leave
2.Josh Smith :dance2:
3.Okafor would be a great pickup
4.Biendrins, For 6-8M a year YES. For 10M a year NO. Not so sure he would fit well with Sammy D

Mrphilly
07-01-2008, 12:41 PM
No to Emeka, I dont really know too much about Biendrins except he is tall and young!

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 12:42 PM
emeka is way better than josh smith for this team. he plugs weaknesses in this team that josh smith cant.

okafor adds rebounding and post scoring and defense.....josh smith doesnt add any of those things.

SaintHollowTips
07-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I think Okafor is gonna ask for way too much money. All signs point to Brand re-signing with the Clippers. I'll refrain from leaving a 700 word post on how much I love Biedrins.

Financially, the Sixers should try to pursue Biedrins before Okafor. Skill wise... they should probably do the same thing. Andris is younger, and has more potential in my opinion. Okafor has played the role of option A on his team... and I wasn't all that extremely impressed. He would fit well in the defense though.

DR.J9
07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
I really wouldnt mind any of them. In order, I would like
Brand
Biendrins
Okafor
Smith
I like all of them tho so lets get it done Ed!

Ph1lly Diehard
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
emeka is way better than josh smith for this team. he plugs weaknesses in this team that josh smith cant.

okafor adds rebounding and post scoring and defense.....josh smith doesnt add any of those things.

In my opinion, I think Emeka is almost at the top of his game right now, meaning I think he could get better, but not much better.

Josh Smith on the other hand, I think has a huge upside and will get alot better. He's already argueably the best shot-blocker in the game as it is, he's a great rebounder, he can pass.
He's not to good shooting wise, but he can definitally get better in that department with some help.

Josh Smith is my #1 choice over anyone other then Brand if he's healthy.

In the end, I really hope for Josh Smith.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I really wouldnt mind any of them. In order, I would like
Brand
Biendrins
Okafor
Smith
I like all of them tho so lets get it done Ed!

good list

id rather just sign a back up shooter at the 2-guard position than sign josh smith...we can just sit on the money until next offseason, or save it for the trade deadline.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 12:51 PM
In my opinion, I think Emeka is almost at the top of his game right now, meaning I think he could get better, but not much better.

Josh Smith on the other hand, I think has a huge upside and will get alot better. He's already argueably the best shot-blocker in the game as it is, he's a great rebounder, he can pass.
He's not to good shooting wise, but he can definitally get better in that department with some help.

Josh Smith is my #1 choice over anyone other then Brand if he's healthy.

In the end, I really hope for Josh Smith.

hes a bad rebounder....he was okay in the season at 8rpg, but thats not good for a starting PF. his playoff rebounding was horrible!

as for his passing? i dunno about that...

DR.J9
07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
good list

id rather just sign a back up shooter at the 2-guard position than sign josh smith...we can just sit on the money until next offseason, or save it for the trade deadline.

I all in for gettin Bosh in 2010 :D. But we need an improvement now. Somethin small, but valuable to this team like a shooter

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
1.delonte west
2. james jones

DR.J9
07-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I rather James Jones IMO. But then again Delonte can also be the other PG we need

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 12:59 PM
thats why delonte is number 1 for me when it comes to shooters....he can man up the PG and SG position...while james jones is limited at the 2-3 positions where we dont need much help.

Mrphilly
07-01-2008, 01:01 PM
I rather James Jones IMO. But then again Delonte can also be the other PG we need

I like what james jones did last year, but I have to question, was it just a fluke year. Remember Damon Jones, one year he was a 3pt assassin, not he cant get off the bench of a team that needs shooters.

Id take delonte in the spot, he is tough, and it a clutch shot or two in the playoffs.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 01:07 PM
delonte west and biendrins would be 2 great additions for this team.

thats my new realistic dream scenario.

MJRiley26
07-01-2008, 01:50 PM

Okafor: 10.7RPG 1.7BPG
Smith: 8.2RPG 2.8BPG

Smith was also the youngest player to reach 500 blocks in NBA history, so to say he doesn't add defense is a bit half-baked.

Both Okafor and Smith are good players and it would be great to see either wear a Sixers' uniform in 2008-2009, but do not falsely denounce one player because you would rather have the other.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 01:55 PM
defense is staying in front of your man, and preventing him from getting a good shot.

smiths blocks come from the weak side when hes not even covering his man.

TheBigSun32
07-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Beidrins: 9.8 REBs per game..at only 27 mins and 1.2 blocks..his production per Min is better then both Okeafor and Smith..and he will be about 2 mil cheaper..plus not to mention hes just 22..o yea Andris is my guy

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 03:01 PM
mine too...the more i think about it, the more i want biendrins as my number 1 guy in this free agency. he did all that in 27 minutes, imagine what hed do with 35mpg....then we could also trade a guy like evans for some much needed backcourt help. also, biendrins can split minutes at PF and center.

plus wed have enough money to make a sign and trade for delonte west.

FNM BOY
07-01-2008, 03:08 PM
^^I guess Biedrins has an array of post moves and can shoot the lights out...he isn't better than Josh Smith...but hey he is your choice. I ain mad at ya. Just don't be blind and one sided in your arguments.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 03:10 PM
hes better at what the sixers need. rebounding, hes got good hands around the basket, good shot blocker (not just from the weak side).

plus hes bigger and stronger than smith.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 03:12 PM
^^I guess Biedrins has an array of post moves and can shoot the lights out...he isn't better than Josh Smith...but hey he is your choice. I ain mad at ya. Just don't be blind and one sided in your arguments.

i dont hate josh smith....i hate him for the sixers. and im not blind either, ive made some good points about him not fitting in with the team....u have conveniently choses to ignore them.

all anybody else says is "oh my god, hes so athletic" like being athletic makes him a good fit with the sixers. or people say "hes a great defender" when in reality hes just a shot blocker, which is a really small part of defense. my favorite is when people say "with smith wed be the most athletic team in the NBA"....how dumb can somebody be to think that being an athletic team would equal wins?

the fact is that josh smith does NOT fill any holes for this team. this team has a lot of holes, and i think the sixers should plug those holes instead of going after some young athletic small forward and play him out of position with the sixers.

FNM BOY
07-01-2008, 03:21 PM
^^Good for you Hydro

phillyphan4ever
07-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Brand>Smith>Okafor>Biedrins

but if we got either one of them id be psyched!

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 03:30 PM
it doesnt matter if smith is better than okafor or biendrins (which i dont think he is).....okafor and biendrins are better for the sixers.

sixersfan2
07-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Clueless

phillyphan4ever
07-01-2008, 03:37 PM
i would like getting biedrins because we could move sammy to PF, but thats our 4th option IMO

JtBiV_BiRdZ
07-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Andris can very easily dissapear on the court. I do like him, but is he Athletic? I mean if he is, I wouldn't mind him. I think he would be good. In't he a back to the basket(not brusing) lankyscorer. Lke I aid he canily dissapear, and be forced to be pushed out of the paint. Sammy and Andris? You want Sammy to stay outside the whole game, bc Andris can NOT shoot. Idk, it looks nice on paper, Smith is just more realistic. I like the idea of west, but I want Tony Allen too.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
biendrins 3rd in the league in rebounds per minute....if that doesnt impress you guys....i dunno what will.

ryguy553
07-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Hydro it seems like you know quite a bit about Biedrins. Is he a back to the basket post type player? I know Smith is more of a run and gun, explosive shot blocking type player which is nice and will sell tickets, but isnt really what the team needs. Is Biedrins a guy that can be relied upon in the post?

FNM BOY
07-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Excellent question..watch for the justification of his choice

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 04:04 PM
not really...he doesnt have the great post moves either.

but hes a much better defender in the post, and hes bigger and stronger. plus he shot over .600 from the field this past season, so u know hes reliable when he gets the ball...no dumb shots from biedrins.

TheBigSun32
07-01-2008, 04:49 PM
I agree..Beidrins may not have great moves in the post but when he does catch it down low he finishes and does it with power..He has soft hands and long arms.. the bonus is that he is a great offensive rebounder 3.4 Off.boards per game so he doesnt need to ball to be directly given to him..he will go and get it himself.

Korman12
07-01-2008, 05:44 PM
The Bobcats extended a qualifying offer to Okafor, just saying.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 05:45 PM
did he agree to it?

Korman12
07-01-2008, 05:52 PM
not sure

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 05:54 PM
i dont know jack...but okafor seems like the kind of guy whod want to get the hell off the bobcats.

Korman12
07-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I'd think so too, but Okafor is Charlotte's only legitimate big guy, and they'll try as hard as they can to keep him.

SeoulBeatz
07-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Biedrins would not fit the need for this team.

sure he's young, but hes not a post scorer. He gets 10 and 10, but this team needs a SCORER.

Biedrins is rather fat flooted and doesnt have great speed, and for 8-10 mill a year? no thanks.

but Okafor would be a good call. Hes a great defender, only 26, but injury prone, VERY injury prone.

And his lack of offensive game hurts him somewhat. NO range outside of 10 feet. And gets most of his points of put backs, dunks or easy layups, created by his teammates, not him.

Id much rather have Brand or Smith, but would welcome Okafor with open arms.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 06:20 PM
i think ur underestimating biedrins....a lot.

hes actually quite fast for a 7-footer. he has really soft hands around the basket...and hes a high percentage scorer. plus hes a better defensive player than brand and smith. and hes a better rebounder than brand and smith also.

im basing this on the 8 games that brand did play last season. now if brand comes back 100% that could be another story....but im not prepared to give him the benifit of the doubt... yet

also, you say the team needs a scorer, but smith isnt a scorer. i mean he CAN score. but hes no more of a scorer than andre iguodala is. actually hes less of a scorer.

SeoulBeatz
07-01-2008, 06:29 PM
i think ur underestimating biedrins....a lot.

hes actually quite fast for a 7-footer. he has really soft hands around the basket...and hes a high percentage scorer. plus hes a better defensive player than brand and smith. and hes a better rebounder than brand and smith also.

im basing this on the 8 games that brand did play last season. now if brand comes back 100% that could be another story....but im not prepared to give him the benifit of the doubt... yet

also, you say the team needs a scorer, but smith isnt a scorer. i mean he CAN score. but hes no more of a scorer than andre iguodala is. actually hes less of a scorer.

alright so ur saying that Biedrinsis a better rebounder than Brand by the one season that Biedrins did average 10+ rebounds to the 8 games that Brand played coming off an injury with limited minutes in 3 of those games.

how bout brands 8+ years of averaging 10 rpg..... but yeah lets throw those away, im trying to think like u hydro.

U have great logic and u continue to amaze me.

And no im not underestimating Biedrins, the guy cant score. And no he is not a better defensive player than brand or smith are u insane. He would not be the answer at PF. sorry pal. Sure he can rebound.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 06:34 PM
ur right about brand....

biedrins is better than smith at reboudning and his defense is better than smiths also....no question.

biendrins averages 10ppg in limited minutes on a team full of ball hogs...so i think if he came into philly he could bump his scoring to about 13-15ppg. with about 10-12rpg.

you gotta understand that biedrins plays 27mpg with GS....hes probably be playing between 33 and 36mpg in philly. which is more than enough time to grab 3 more rebounds and drop more buckets.

djmc72
07-01-2008, 06:43 PM
i like biedrins as well but dont forget that sometimes guys get more minutes and they get exposed like britney spears' who-who on sunset!

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 06:47 PM
i dont see how u could expose biedrins without double teaming him...which would leave guys open for jump shots and drives to the rim.

Sixerlover
07-01-2008, 07:18 PM
I doubt Andris has ANY post moves at this point in his career. Yes he is young, but so is J.Smith if that is the route you want to travel, and at least he shows he can hit the occasional jumper. Every GSW game I saw this year (about 20) consisted of him getting 12-14 points off of Baron Davis or Monta drive and dishes for dunks. He rarely touches the ball in the post with his back to the basket for a reason. And I think that reason is he is not ready for it yet.

Jeff Boyd
07-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Andris is not a good fit. What is his FT percentage HYDRO?

NO thanks, he gets a lot of garbage points on a high paced team, we would never win a champiobship if we insert him, he can rebound but thats not good enough.

FNM BOY
07-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Hydro likes stats when it is relevant....

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
isnt that a good thing? isnt it better to use stats when they are relevant instead of when they are irrelevant?

FNM BOY
07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
^^^meaning when it relevant to your choice of player...you only focus on the good...please find for us Biedrins free throw shooting percentage and brag about it like u brag about his other "relevant" stats

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 10:10 PM
most big men dont shoot well from the line....he shot 62% from the FT line. not too bad for a big guy.

josh smith shot 71% from the line thats better, but not a crazy difference.

biedrins also led the league in field goal percentage, so give the guy some credit for that.

FNM BOY
07-01-2008, 10:11 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm..you're a bit humbled now,,what did Josh Smith shoot from the line??

Jeff Boyd
07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
You really think he can put us over the top, we would need so much improvement from the other positions is not possible.

FNM BOY
07-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I just wanted you to be unbias when referring to stats...thanks.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 10:17 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm..you're a bit humbled now,,what did Josh Smith shoot from the line??

71% i already wrote that....and no im not humbled at all. if humbled means that i am second guessing my opinion....im not.

9% difference in FT% doesnt mean a whole lot to me, especially from a PF who shoots a rediculously high percentage from the floor (biedrins)

josh smith shot 46% from the floor, and 25% from the 3. biendrins shot 62% from the floor, and didnt take any 3s. id rather not have a PF shoot threes, unless its someone who can make at least 35% from the 3-point line.

Sixersfan41
07-01-2008, 10:18 PM
the thing is there is no one guy who can realistically put this team over the top

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
chris bosh....

oh u said realistically....gotta wait for 2010.

Jeff Boyd
07-01-2008, 10:27 PM
chris bosh....

oh u said realistically....gotta wait for 2010.

I will wait another year.

Sixersfan41
07-01-2008, 10:28 PM
yea i'm with you all the way with Bosh

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 10:33 PM
toronto is gonna be really good with jermain o'neal....doubt bosh is gonna want to leave. theyre gonna be amazing next season, and have a legit shot at the finals if o'neal is healthy.

AirJordanXVIII
07-01-2008, 11:16 PM
BChydro I really dont get why you like Biendrins so much but you hate Smith so much. Biendrins is not a post scorer at all and is not nearly a better scorer overall than Smith..

Yes to Okafor I love that guy.

BChydro86
07-01-2008, 11:17 PM
biedrins is taller, stronger, just as young, shoots a higher percentage, and has softr hands around the basket, but he still takes it up hard...plus biendrins is 10x a better rebounder, hes the 3rd best on the boards per minute in the league.

he plays big....smith plays like a small forward forced to be a 4....which is exactly what he is.

Liney3506
07-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Biendrins is a good player, but he'd only be a viable option if we traded Sammy D for a solid, scoring PF. Otherwise... what's the point of having 2 guys who are exactly the same? Same can be said about Okafor.

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 01:26 AM
biedrins is better than sammy.

i didnt think so before today, but after watching them both, and looking at the numbers, including efficiency numbers....biedrins just blows sammy out of the park.

edit: just watched some more footage...and biedrins moves so much better without the ball than sammy.

Liney3506
07-02-2008, 01:55 AM
While this is true, it wouldn't make much sense to have two similar post players, who do the same role.

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 01:57 AM
id still sign biedrins....worry about trading sammy later....maybe sammy to charlotte for felton.

andre miller for a scoring power forward? teams would love andre millers 10 million dollar expiring contract.

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 02:08 AM
i know highlights dont mean anything...with that being said, i will make my post:

ive been watching biedrins on youtube for a few minutes now.....and i know weve all been saying he doesnt have post moves....but that is definatley not the case from what im seeing. plus he is just overpowering a lot of guys down in the paint. hes way better than i thought.

it looks like hes got a nice drop step, a decent half spin towards the basket, and a baby dream shake.

*ok....now theyre just highlights, so i shouldnt get amped up over them....****...im breaking my own rules.

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 02:15 AM
I want Miller out of here. For some reason. I love the guy but if we get J-Smoov espiecially.. i want a shooting PG.

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 02:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_JY6MGyXvU

watch this and ull want biedrins more than josh smith...i promise.

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 02:19 AM
I saw a video on Biedrins I believe a good 8 months ago about the player he is becoming. I was very interested..

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 02:22 AM
he has way more moves down low than i thought....now i know that the reason he didnt flourish offensively is 100% because he played with a bunch of ball hog guards in GS.

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Damn... i do like him, but since we have Sammy..... I gotta stick with J-Smoov.

Note: If Ed had that Dalembert+ Green FOR Boozer deal lined up then YES!

But it looks like we are going to get J. Smith. I like them all.

Regardless of who we take, we will be THAT much better.

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 02:23 AM
he has way more moves down low than i thought....now i know that the reason he didnt flourish offensively is 100% because he played with a bunch of ball hog guards in GS.

Meh, most of his points were off passes to him from .blank range... The thing i DO like is he had good numbers in the West.. take that as you want but that is always a PLUS for me.

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 02:24 AM
i think biedrins can be affective at the 4 next to sammy....but if utah is stupid enough to give up boozer for that....wow.

yeah, but he did have that nice baby dream shake like i said earlier.

Korman12
07-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Yeah, after all these descrepencies of who fits better on the team or who wants who the most, I kinda forget that no matter what happens, something good will happen for the team anyway.

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 02:27 AM
He has a lot more work to do. Him and Sammy would just be a defensive powerhouse but Offensively we would be in the same point. Only way I would ever do that is if we trade Miller + other players away for a scoring PG

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 02:27 AM
Delonte West!!!!

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 02:31 AM
MAYBE. I don't know if i like him starting for us.

Im sure he would love to play for us though. St Josephs and everything..

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 02:33 AM
hes the best young shooting PG in the league (thats just off the top of my head...i could be wrong)

he might not be a high assist guy, but hes a good shooter and can run a team...plus hes a really solid defensive player.

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Once we sign our guy.. I think that will give us a better clue for what other moves will come.. Until then.. we will see

I expect an offer for J-Smoov by friday. Smith is suposedly going to Philly tomorrow.. so yeah.. Friday or Saturday.

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 02:37 AM
ugh...i really dont want josh smith...im gonna watch youtube videos of him and try to change my mind now.

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 02:40 AM
all i can find of josh smith is dunk highlights that dont really make me want him as our power forward.

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 02:42 AM
Really try to like him mayne. He is a good player with amazing shotblocking skills. He plays bigger than he is which is something I love.

I dont know if this helps but his FG percentage was pretty good last year at 46 percent. He is still young, and I bet with some work he could develop a good mid-range game.

Iggydelphia
07-02-2008, 03:19 AM
u must not have seen any of the plays he made on defense such as a blocked shot (2nd in the NBA behind Camby for 2 years now)... or any of the 8.0 rebounds a game.. signing him wont solve all of our problems but it is a step in the right direction... our 3ball shooter will come

Fion
07-02-2008, 04:58 AM
u wont get biendrins, the warriors just lost a major player and have a ton of room to resign. expect him to stay put.

FNM BOY
07-02-2008, 09:16 AM
^^Yeah but you are considering offerin Arenas a max contract

DR.J9
07-02-2008, 09:50 AM
^^^ Arenas is close to a deal with the Wiz

Liney3506
07-02-2008, 10:34 AM
If they don't get Arenas, watch the Warriors to make a play for Josh Smith. Can you imagine Nellie's dream come true if he could stick Smith at PF?

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Really try to like him mayne. He is a good player with amazing shotblocking skills. He plays bigger than he is which is something I love.

I dont know if this helps but his FG percentage was pretty good last year at 46 percent. He is still young, and I bet with some work he could develop a good mid-range game.

46% is bad for a power forward who is supposed to play inside.

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 11:19 AM
u must not have seen any of the plays he made on defense such as a blocked shot (2nd in the NBA behind Camby for 2 years now)... or any of the 8.0 rebounds a game.. signing him wont solve all of our problems but it is a step in the right direction... our 3ball shooter will come

8 rebounds a game is bad for a power forward.

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Not its not.Dalembert gets 10 and is considered a good rebound. 8 is above average

Dark Donnie
07-02-2008, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't say 8.2 RPG is bad...

FNM BOY
07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah thats a idiodice statment..I'm sure he has had some 15 plus reobound games during the course of the season...i wouln't even run on with that!....1. 8 rebounds away from 10 a game and thats poor...wow....the way some peole think

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 12:36 PM
anything less than 10rpg makes u a bad rebounder if your a PF.....amare stoudemire is bad on the boards too.

Westbrook36
07-02-2008, 12:48 PM
anything less than 10rpg makes u a bad rebounder if your a PF.....amare stoudemire is bad on the boards too.

Amare Stoudemire is a top 5 PF..Josh Smith will be FINE at the PF spot

ryguy553
07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
The whole Amares bad on the boards isnt helping your arguement hydro. Because, if that is so it shows that boards arent exactly that important, Amares an absolute stud and top 5 big man in the game today so if he can play like that every night with out getting boards, Smith may be able too.

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 01:37 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^owned

Liney3506
07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Amare Stoudemire is a top 5 PF..Josh Smith will be FINE at the PF spot

Let's put Amare on Josh Smith, and we'll see who wins that matchup. Oh wait... Amare destroyed him when they played this past season. 28 points on 10 of 11 shooting, 7 boards, 4 blocks... while Smith went 3-13 for 7 points, 7 boards.

Stick a real PF on Smith, and they have a field day. Poor pickup, especially considering how good teams take away the fast break.

flyinhawaiian
07-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Let's put Amare on Josh Smith, and we'll see who wins that matchup. Oh wait... Amare destroyed him when they played this past season. 28 points on 10 of 11 shooting, 7 boards, 4 blocks... while Smith went 3-13 for 7 points, 7 boards.

Stick a real PF on Smith, and they have a field day. Poor pickup, especially considering how good teams take away the fast break.

I didn't see the game, but at the time the suns didn't trade for shaq so amare was their C and horford was the C of the hawks so I'm guessing that horford was defending amare. I'm not saying that smith is the best defender, but amare puts up big numbers against basically every matchup that he faces so that's not really a good argument.

Knowledge215
07-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Only 10 players in the entire league averaged over 10 or more boards a game...some of the arguments I'm hearing to not sign these guys are assinine...

Liney3506
07-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Great, so you're all for having a PF who averaged less than 7 rebounds per game? Wow. Not to mention a poor shooting percentage for someone who you count on to get easy baskets near the bucket.

Unbelieveable.

Knowledge215
07-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Great, so you're all for having a PF who averaged less than 7 rebounds per game? Wow. Not to mention a poor shooting percentage for someone who you count on to get easy baskets near the bucket.

Unbelieveable.

What PF that we are coveting averaged less than 7 boards a game?

stevedusps
07-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Josh Smith would be a great pickup, hes not a traditional pf but neither is Dirk but if we got him their would be no complaining. This kid is real young, hes big and is athletic. I dont care how hes getting his turnovers bc a turnover is a turnover if hes helping somebody or if its one on one. He would be a great asset. Instead of complaining about us going after this kid you better hope Atlanta lets him go.

Shieldsz
07-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Brands last 2 season average out to be about 8.5 SO HA!

BChydro86
07-02-2008, 05:44 PM
The whole Amares bad on the boards isnt helping your arguement hydro. Because, if that is so it shows that boards arent exactly that important, Amares an absolute stud and top 5 big man in the game today so if he can play like that every night with out getting boards, Smith may be able too.

your right...but amare is also widely considered one of the worst defensive big men in the league.

rebounds are important for a PF....just not for phoenix because of how they play.

smith isnt nearly as talented inside the paint as amare is...so you really cant compare them.... i was just making the point that amare and smith are both bad on the boards.

jrice9
07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I really dont think Josh is big enough to defend pf. He is athletic but he clearly doesnt have the size needed

fillyphan
07-02-2008, 06:22 PM
i wouldnt mind josh smith he is young and has all the physical tools but i dont want to over pay and let him get complacent but we gotta be patient with the sixers they are a young work in progress

jagsfan29
07-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Why sign okafor Sammy D is good enuf

Sixerlover
07-02-2008, 06:32 PM

TEN REBOUND PER GAME PLAYERS
Dwight Howard - C
Marcus Camby - C
Tyson Chandler - C
Tim Duncan - PF
Al Jefferson - C
Emeka Okafor - PF/C
Lamar Odom - PF
Carlos Boozer - PF
Samuel Dalembert - C
Antwan Jamison - PF

So by your standards there are only 4 or 5 good rebounding PF's in the NBA? Two of which (Odom and Jamison) are not even known for their rebounding abilities...

DR.J9
07-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Why sign okafor Sammy D is good enuf

Because we need a strong PF who can play with his back against the basket

PhillyLuver
07-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Biedrins has a beautiful wife...

My list

Okafor
Smith
Biedrins

jagsfan29
07-03-2008, 10:54 AM

True and i forgot sixers still didn't resign Iggy as a restriced free agent.

Liney3506
07-03-2008, 12:28 PM
They offered an offer sheet. We'll be fine.

BChydro86
07-04-2008, 02:33 PM
TEN REBOUND PER GAME PLAYERS
Dwight Howard - C
Marcus Camby - C
Tyson Chandler - C
Tim Duncan - PF
Al Jefferson - C
Emeka Okafor - PF/C
Lamar Odom - PF
Carlos Boozer - PF
Samuel Dalembert - C
Antwan Jamison - PF

So by your standards there are only 4 or 5 good rebounding PF's in the NBA? Two of which (Odom and Jamison) are not even known for their rebounding abilities...

no...there are only 4 or 5 good rebounding PFs who play a lot of minutes.

you gotta look at rebounding rates. getting 1 rebound every 3 minutes makes u good on the boards.

Sixerlover
07-04-2008, 05:13 PM
You didn't say that

BChydro86
07-04-2008, 05:16 PM
my mistake....but thats what i really mean. its about rebound rate.

you cant judge a guys numbers who only plays 25 minutes a game the same as ud judge a starter who plays 35 minutes.

a rebound every 3 minutes is good. smith gets a rebound about every 4.5 minutes.....so....thats pretty horrible.

djmc72
07-04-2008, 06:19 PM
considering this team(the sixers) is not loaded with good shooters why dont u guys start focusing on who are the better offensive rebounders? just a thought...

AirJordanXVIII
07-04-2008, 07:57 PM
You, Hydro are the worst poster ever. A rebound per 4.5 minutes is horrible? Give me a break. How many true power fowards are you gonna find that can rebound once per three minutes??

AirJordanXVIII
07-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Hmmm... This season, Garnett played 32 mpg, and averaged 9.2 rebounds per game. Not exactly 1 rebound per 3 minutes..

Horrible rebounder.

BChydro86
07-04-2008, 08:25 PM
it was a rebound every 3.5 minutes....which is a lot better than smith's...although it isnt great especially considering KG is typically a 10-13rpg guy....so technically his rebounding wasnt as good as his typical seasons back in minni.

McPeak92
07-04-2008, 09:08 PM
idk about this per 3.5 minute stuff but Josh Smith doesnt rank in top 50 for rebounds per 48 at 11.1 behind some pretty bad names.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Rebounds.jsp?season=22007&league=00&conf=OVERALL&qualified=Y&position=0&splitType=9&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=7&splitDD=All+Teams&pager.offset=50

sixersfan2
07-04-2008, 09:18 PM

and who says that's pkafor he has ZERO offensive ability

BChydro86
07-04-2008, 09:23 PM
^^^wrong!

sixersfan2
07-04-2008, 09:33 PM
^^^wrong!

right!!!!!! dude stinks around the basket.... good rebounder good shot blocker horrible offensive skills and can't RUN THE FLOOR..... horrible fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

BChydro86
07-04-2008, 09:35 PM
why do we need 5 guys running the floor? when was the last time u saw 5 guys on the same team running the break?

WE NEED HALF COURT OFFENSE!!!
seriously, how hard is that for u to understand?

sixersfan2
07-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Clueless!!!! i guess Sammy and okafor will just hang back during our 3 on 3 fast break!!!! sounds like great ball!!!

BChydro86
07-04-2008, 09:43 PM
sammy is one oft the fastest centers in the league. dont know what ur talking about.

just cause you call me clueless doesnt mean u know jack ****. so chill out.

sixersfan2
07-04-2008, 09:50 PM
somebody has to rebound and throw the outlet pass!!!!!!!! correct??????? well if you remember Josh Smith is a horrible rebounder (according to u) so if sammy can rebound outlet pass and finish the break he should not only represent (oh canada) in BBall but he should run the 100M

BChydro86
07-04-2008, 09:56 PM
sammy cant pass....

anyway....smith cant rebound according to his rebounding ability and numbers. its not me...i mean, just looks at his rebounding stats/rebounding rate.

its really bad. how can you even argue that?

djmc72
07-04-2008, 10:00 PM
why do we need 5 guys running the floor? when was the last time u saw 5 guys on the same team running the break?

oh i dont know...lakers? showtime? they won a few games

BADizzleBoY
07-04-2008, 10:03 PM

good point. :clap:

Googlyeyes101
07-04-2008, 10:15 PM
yeah but okafor isn't a "proven winner", hydro used that against my boi J Smoove

BADizzleBoY
07-04-2008, 10:16 PM
well neither of them are really.

BChydro86
07-04-2008, 11:09 PM
oh i dont know...lakers? showtime? they won a few games

different decade....and we dont have magic johnson. hell we dont have anyone who should be allowed on the same floor as magic unless theyre shining his shoes.

and didnt he play with a slow moving 40-year old big man named kareem abdul jabbar?

BChydro86
07-04-2008, 11:11 PM
yeah but okafor isn't a "proven winner", hydro used that against my boi J Smoove

okafor still has championship pedigree from uconn. so as far as anyone should be concerned okafor has won more than smith.

but ur right, neither of them has won in the NBA.

and a half assed under .500 8th seed in the eastern conference doesnt count as "winning"

Liney3506
07-04-2008, 11:13 PM
I hate agreeing with BCHydro... its just not in my nature.

But I agree. I think Kevin Love would've been an excellent fit here, since he's the master of starting the fast break. We need someone who can outlet pass, and Sammy/Reggie don't fit the bill. Okafor is the best fit for what we're looking to accomplish.

BChydro86
07-04-2008, 11:31 PM
id take him or biedrins...im not picky.

AirJordanXVIII
07-04-2008, 11:31 PM
^^ You've been agree with him about Smith for a while.

Edit: quoting Liney.

AirJordanXVIII
07-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Miller
Iggy
Thad
Okafor
Dalembert

or

Miller
Iggy
Thad
Smith
Dalembert

Really I dont care. Just get me one.

Okafor is a future 20-12 guy IMO and has got to have some DPA's

Smith is a future, 20+-8-4 and 3 block guy IMO. As much as you hate Smith, he's our most likely outcome during this offseason.

BADizzleBoY
07-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Dude, AirJordan, You are my favorite poster in this forum. I agree 100% This is what Ive been saying all along.

Googlyeyes101
07-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I would much rather have Okafor than Biendrins....but I'm just saying that from what i've seen from biendrins cause okafor is never on tv

Googlyeyes101
07-05-2008, 02:55 PM
how is okafor's little mid range shot

BChydro86
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
if hes open its about 50/50....not so great if hes covered.

hes got a nice little baby hook shot though. hes strong as hell though.

BChydro86
07-05-2008, 06:26 PM
NBA Efficiency Rating:
Okafor - 18.95
Biedrins - 18.50
Smith - 17.29

ESPN PER:
Okafor - 17.46
Biedrins - 19.18
Smith - 19.08

BADizzleBoY
07-05-2008, 06:35 PM
you lied about the nba efficiency rating just to make yourself look right..... remember how I said you were pathetic well this just proved my point.

The actual nba eff ratings.

Smith~ 20.8
Okafor~ 19.0
Biendris~ 18.5

Check it out and tell me if I am wrong.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Efficiency.jsp?league=00&season=22007&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=

Dark Donnie
07-05-2008, 06:35 PM
:pity:

BADizzleBoY
07-05-2008, 06:36 PM
i cant believe you did that hydro.

BChydro86
07-05-2008, 06:37 PM
you lied about the nba efficiency rating just to make yourself look right..... remember how I said you were pathetic well this just proved my point.

The actual nba eff ratings.

Smith~ 20.8
Okafor~ 19.0
Biendris~ 18.5

Check it out and tell me if I am wrong.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Efficiency.jsp?league=00&season=22007&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=

i think ur right...i just looked at the main page... i think my original post was his playoff efficiency rating.

im a bigger fan of the ESPN Hollinger PER rating anyway...its usually more accurate. but ur number does give me more hope. but okafor and biedrins still fit the team better.

BADizzleBoY
07-05-2008, 06:39 PM
No because okafor never made the playoffs and you kept biendris's rating the same because you really didn't care about him. You wanted to make smith look bad. :rolleyes:

BChydro86
07-05-2008, 06:41 PM
No because okafor never made the playoffs and biendris has the same efficiency rating in the regular season. You wanted to make smith look bad.

no...i looked at each one of their NBA.com pages. smiths playoff numbers are up...while okafor and biendrins have their regular season numbers up. stop cryin dude. it was an honest mistake.

and i do care about biedrins...hes pretty much the FA i want because wed still have enough money to maybe do a sign and trade for delonte west.

themoleculoman
02-16-2017, 08:45 PM
it doesnt matter if smith is better than okafor or biendrins (which i dont think he is).....okafor and biendrins are better for the sixers.

You're right, Okafor is better than Noel for the 76ers.

theducksmuggler
02-16-2017, 08:50 PM
Dude may I ask why you keep on doing this...its honestly strange haha

themoleculoman
02-16-2017, 10:18 PM
Dude may I ask why you keep on doing this...its honestly strange haha

Hey man, I can't help it if Hydro likes Okafor!

warfelg
02-16-2017, 10:21 PM
Hey man, I can't help it if Hydro likes Okafor!

This was Emeka....

theducksmuggler
02-16-2017, 10:47 PM
This was Emeka....

Themoleculoman just keeps on bumping like 8 year threads im beyond confused

More-Than-Most
02-17-2017, 01:56 AM
You're right, Okafor is better than Noel for the 76ers.

:laugh:

maaaan not even upset... my man has one hell of a memory to bring this up.

TheDish87
02-17-2017, 08:50 AM
its really annoying. is the dude that bored to dig through 9 years worth of threads?

urban85disciple
02-17-2017, 08:54 AM
We already have a necro thread

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk