PDA

View Full Version : Brand or Davis???

MiamiHeatMafia
07-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Who do we have a better shot at getting Brand or Davis and why? I would say Brand because Riley is so intrested in him but I would rather have Davis we need him more then Brand since we're a little short on effective pg's. What do you guys think?

BALLER71
07-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Brand because Riley loves him but I think Davis would be better.

twissst89
07-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Baron Davis always leads his team into the playoffs. To me him and Chris Paul are the 2 best point guards in the nba. Plus we need a point guard. I rather have Marion then Elton Brand. Marion can guard the best player from the 1,2,3, and 4 position.When he played on the suns he is the one that always locked down Tony Parker. If we get Davis I think we could get to the eastern conferece finals next year.

MiamiHeat
07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
neither

King Koopa
07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Baron Davis, Lock down defender baby, and nasty passer Speads the floor with this shooting, Can shoot from anywhere. DAVIS/Wade best Back court in the nba. I dont want brand because if we do get brand Beasley will be playing out of postion, and that means marion has to go, why would we want another PF, if are needs are at PG and Center.

PG Baron/Mario
SG Wade/Cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/Haslem
C ????/Zo

Derick713
07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
If Brand wants to come to the Heat then I think he can force a sign and trade involving Shawn Marion. It seems like the Clippers will pay as much as they can to get Davis if they are unable to keep Brand or sign Arenas. The one thing that could play to the Heats favor is a statement about Brand seeing Game 2 off the Finals and him making the decision to opt out after that game. Brand knows he's not getting through the West. Brand also knows that Wade and Beasley give him his best chance to get to the Finals while making the most money.

It's hard to justify trading Marion for Brand when Marion maybe the better fit next to Beasley and Wade. There's a great chance that the Heat maybe trying to save cap space for Chris Bosh in 2010. There’s' also a chance the Heat like Boozer better since he is younger than Brand. If the Heat gets Brand they would have to give him an extension of 4-5 years at max most likely. The Heat could easily opt to sign a young player like Josh Smith or Okafor next season if they become unrestricted free agents.

In any case the Heat needs a point guard more than a frontcourt player at this time. Until 2010 the best point guard available will probably be Davis unless Williams and Paul aren't given extensions. There will be plenty off forwards available next off-season like Josh Smith, Lamar Odom, Shawn Marion, Carlos Boozer, and others.

twissst89
07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
We have 20 million dollars open next seaon. Cant we sign Davis for like 5 mil this season and give hiim all 20 next season? I dont think so it sounds too easy but im not sure.

ATX
07-01-2008, 12:15 PM
^^^Koopa, that lineup is next to impossible, If we get Davis, then we cannot afford Marion as well. It would be Davis, Wade, Wright, Beasley, FA...while not as good, still pretty sick, and I think with the playing time, Wright could really step up for us.

noturnormalhero
07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
^^^Koopa, that lineup is next to impossible, If we get Davis, then we cannot afford Marion as well. It would be Davis, Wade, Wright, Beasley, FA...while not as good, still pretty sick, and I think with the playing time, Wright could really step up for us.

exactly. the lineup is hella nice but not realistic salary wise. if that did happen we'd have to have DL players on our roster playing or chump change. How come no one else on here has mentioned Beno Udrih as a pg possibility? i rather have him than Duhon and Telfair. anyone else think of him as a possibility?

REGular
07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I rather have Brand than Davis & Marion.

Point guard
Wade
Wright
Haslem/Beasley
Brand.

That's a legitimately good team to me.

Rain 816
07-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Baron Davis, Lock down defender baby, and nasty passer Speads the floor with this shooting, Can shoot from anywhere. DAVIS/Wade best Back court in the nba. I dont want brand because if we do get brand Beasley will be playing out of postion, and that means marion has to go, why would we want another PF, if are needs are at PG and Center.

PG Baron/Mario
SG Wade/Cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/Haslem
C ????/Zo

What most of u fail to realize is that there is NO WAY the heat can get B. Davis without giving up Marion. We do not have much cap Room. I want Baron but it will take a sign and trade to land him in Miami

noturnormalhero
07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
I rather have Brand than Davis & Marion.

Point guard
Wade
Wright
Haslem/Beasley
Brand.

That's a legitimately good team to me.

beasley will start. he's the # 2 pick. he's the on on the front page of miamiheat.com. fans are coming to see him. this lineup is decent. wade,wright,beasley,brand? they'd need a baron davis or a high profiled pg to balance this out. wright is not a threat from the 3 point land as much as marion is. wade,marion,beasley is deadly cuz marion AND beasley could shoot from the outside (i believ beasley's 3 point % was higher than Rose's). wright could run and attack the basket but i rather him come off the bench to be honest. he's a nice role player to have.

REGular
07-01-2008, 01:20 PM
beasley will start. he's the # 2 pick. he's the on on the front page of miamiheat.com. fans are coming to see him. this lineup is decent. wade,wright,beasley,brand? they'd need a baron davis or a high profiled pg to balance this out. wright is not a threat from the 3 point land as much as marion is. wade,marion,beasley is deadly cuz marion AND beasley could shoot from the outside (i believ beasley's 3 point % was higher than Rose's). wright could run and attack the basket but i rather him come off the bench to be honest. he's a nice role player to have.

So Beasley starts over Haslem?

Why not move him (Haslem) in the sign-&-trade FOR Elton?

Would we then be able to keep Marion? Or move him even for Davis? Are those options available?

daleja424
07-01-2008, 01:35 PM
So Beasley starts over Haslem?

Why not move him (Haslem) in the sign-&-trade FOR Elton?

Would we then be able to keep Marion? Or move him even for Davis? Are those options available?

YES! I was about to say that/ the salaries match to trade say Haslem/Blount/Cook or something like that in a S/T for Brand... then erither play brand at center to trade marion for a davis. It is entirely possible to have brand and marion orrr marion and davis orrr brand ad davis.... at least salary wise...

twissst89
07-01-2008, 01:44 PM
YES! I was about to say that/ the salaries match to trade say Haslem/Blount/Cook or something like that in a S/T for Brand... then erither play brand at center to trade marion for a davis. It is entirely possible to have brand and marion orrr marion and davis orrr brand ad davis.... at least salary wise...

We have 20 million dollars open next seaon. Cant we sign Davis for like 5 mil this season and give hiim all 20 next season? I dont think so it sounds too easy but im not sure

daleja424
07-01-2008, 01:46 PM
We have 20 million dollars open next seaon. Cant we sign Davis for like 5 mil this season and give hiim all 20 next season? I dont think so it sounds too easy but im not sure

No we cant do that... a pleyer cant get more then a 10% increase from season to season I believe...

King Koopa
07-01-2008, 02:40 PM

PG Baron/Mario
SG Wade/Cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/Haslem
C ????/Zo

Opppps sorry your right, but wouldnt that be a nice lineup haha.

BigDaddyKaine
07-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Who do we have a better shot at getting Brand or Davis and why? I would say Brand because Riley is so intrested in him but I would rather have Davis we need him more then Brand since we're a little short on effective pg's. What do you guys think?

NEITHER you are not going to get either of them so do not get your hopes up

BigDaddyKaine
07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Both are gonna sign with the Clippers

Diehardheatfan
07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Id love either. But i prefer Marion for B Davis in a sign and Trade

Wade3
07-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Id like Davis here since we don't have a pg

daleja424
07-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Id like Davis here since we don't have a pg

trade marion and then we dont have a SF... what your point. No matter who we go after we will still have holes. baron Davis is a career 42% shooter... I think he is slightly over rated. I could score 20 points a night too if I took 19 shots, 6 threes, and 5 free throws. He is an awesome defender, ball handler, and distributor though....

REGular
07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
trade marion and then we dont have a SF... what your point. No matter who we go after we will still have holes.

Yes, but you have to pick your poison. Either you're weak at PG or SF.

Wade3
07-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Both players are good but I think we would need Baron since we have Beasley and Haslem at pf

jstwannawin
07-01-2008, 04:30 PM
marion for davis would be the best for us he would help with the uptempo style we will be playing next year and there isnt any good centers on the market we have forwards and beasley will most likely play sf

twissst89
07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
trade marion and then we dont have a SF... what your point. No matter who we go after we will still have holes. baron Davis is a career 42% shooter... I think he is slightly over rated. I could score 20 points a night too if I took 19 shots, 6 threes, and 5 free throws. He is an awesome defender, ball handler, and distributor though....

I have to disagree with u on this 1. I really think Wright has what it takes and with Davis at the 1 i think it would help him and Bealsey tremendously. IMO Davis and Paul are the 2 best point guards in the nba.

fins08
07-01-2008, 10:36 PM
neither, baron just signed with LA, Brand to follow.

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Dude we need a point guard. Options just got that much slimmer with warriors not being smart enough to offer baron a contract, Sign and trades got limited as heck. That would have been so awesome to pick up Davis. Him and Wade would have been hands down the best backcourt in basketball

Diehardheatfan
07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Man we are talking about going for telafir or tyronne lue. I hope we can do better than that

Diehardheatfan
07-03-2008, 04:54 PM
I have to disagree with u on this 1. I really think Wright has what it takes and with Davis at the 1 i think it would help him and Bealsey tremendously. IMO Davis and Paul are the 2 best point guards in the nba.

Dog im with you man. I feel like we share the same brain. Paul and Davis best 2 point guards in the game. D wright especially in this system future all star

Grifftiggs
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
trade marion and then we dont have a SF... what your point. No matter who we go after we will still have holes. baron Davis is a career 42% shooter... I think he is slightly over rated.

I could score 20 points a night too if I took 19 shots, 6 threes, and 5 free throws. He is an awesome defender, ball handler, and distributor though....

No you could'nt or you would already be in the NBA

daleja424
07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
No you could'nt or you would already be in the NBA

wow... i see that the power of sarcasm eludes you...

Jonathan2323
07-03-2008, 05:13 PM

I would rather have Baron Davis no question than Marion there are alot of SF out there. Like James jones or Corey Maggette. PGs that are as good as Baron are rare.