PDA

View Full Version : corey maggette

truRAPTORSfan
07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
corey is now a free agent and the raps are still looking for that swingman. if the raps can get corey he can come in and avg 15 to 17 points and 5 to 6 reb.

If the raps get corey the starting lineup is
jose-pg
jason-sg
corey-sf
cb4-pf
j.o.-c

without
jose-pg
jason-sg
moon-sf
cb4-pf
j.o.-c
the reason jason over AP is because the raps don't care about man to man. jason is a good team defender

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 11:17 AM
umm raptors can't afford him..we jsut resign Calderon..that gives us like the MLE and around 5 million to finish the 15 man roster..magette optioned out of his 8m deal to become a free agent ..hes going to command around 11m per season over 4+ years..don't think the raptors have enough to offer unless its a sign and trade with L.A but i dont see who they want from us besides from Calderon even though they know werre not going to trade him.

truRAPTORSfan
07-01-2008, 11:23 AM
jason needs to take a pay cut, it seem J.O would also take a pay cut to win and the raps aren't going to resign carlos esp. if they can get corey so the money would be out their if the raps handle it right

VinceIsASally
07-01-2008, 11:30 AM
jason needs to take a pay cut, it seem J.O would also take a pay cut to win and the raps aren't going to resign carlos esp. if they can get corey so the money would be out their if the raps handle it right

Don't really know where to start here. We traded Ford to make Jose our guy and it appears the two sides have already come together on a contract. In terms of pay cuts, that simply doesn't happen, these guys have contracts that are guaranteed, regardless of performance. Raps will be less then 2 mil under the cap so we can't get any free agents. We have the MLE which is between 5 and 6 mil so that will be used to fill the bench. The only possibility of adding people is through trades.

torontosports10
07-01-2008, 11:33 AM
they wont/cant take paycuts till the end of their contracts and i dont think they would anways. Would you if you were getting paid more then you deserved. I sure wouldnt. Lets ask ppl like Mike Finaly,Raef Laferenz,Steve Francis how they like getting paid way over their worth and have a small part in their teams success.

Bricklayer
07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Kapono our starting shooting guard? That would be a nightmare, how about trading Jason "I don't shoot 3's in the regular season" Kapono and keep A.P who is a better player all round.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 11:35 AM
is it true..i heard the mavericks are still paying Finley's contract :| how much did he get over what time period?? and yes i know he plays with the Spurs..but one of the commentators said that

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Kapono our starting shooting guard? That would be a nightmare, how about trading Jason "I don't shoot 3's in the regular season" Kapono and keep A.P who is a better player all round.

Lmao. I agree also. AP is a much more solid player.