PDA

View Full Version : Why Wait

Streaky4Life
07-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Listen, I'm as big of a LeBron James fan as anybody else but come on guys, let's be real, it's 2 YEARS! Anything can happen in 2 years......LeBron could get injured and never be the same again, he could get the help he needs in Cleveland (Michael Redd, Baron Davis, etc) and decide not to leave, WHO KNOWS. This hurts me because i want LeBron as bad as you guys do but let's be realistic, it's most likely not going to happen. I think he's the best player in the NBA but that's for another story. I say we sign Baron Davis, even if it's past 2010. He's a terrific player and would be a great GREAT fit to the D'Antoni system. I also like the fact that will most likely sign Duhon to a 2 year 2.5 mil deal, which ends in 2010.

I know D-Wade, Bosh, Nash, etc are all free agents in 2010....so if we can't get LBJ, we always have a shot at those players....Nash & D'Antoni reuniting in NYC? One can only dream!

cheetos185
07-01-2008, 10:42 AM
DW said if in 2 years he gets a trade that could totally blow him away than he won't hesitate to get that player. So 2010 is his safe plan ..and making the team competitive his priority one on his list :)

HOZ THE KNICK
07-01-2008, 07:03 PM
i want to win now **** 2010!

blueNorange
07-01-2008, 07:19 PM
i want to win now **** 2010!

well that won't happen since this team won't be good until Marbury, Crawful, Curry, Richardson, and Randolph are all gone

Yankees1115
07-01-2008, 07:43 PM
I agree we should be making moves for the now but it def doesnt hurt to have a plan in hand for the 2010 Lebron sweepstakes. There will def be other options if we dont get him though. Main concern now is clearing out some of the garbage we have on the team while freeing up cap so any of those 2010 options are explorable.

Hustla23
07-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm just concerned that with all this 2010 talk and clearing out contracts, we're gonna become a team that's all youth and talent but no winning.
Look at the Nets. Once they trade Vince Carter their entire team is going to be full of youngsters and scrubs all for the sake of creating cap space.
You really think Lebron wants to play in Brooklyn with Yi and Brook Lopez comprising the Big Three??? That's a friggin joke man. Lebron's not going to do that.
That's why it's absolutely imperative that we make the playoffs by the time Lebron comes around.
Because playoff team + Lebron = Instant title contenders.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
i agree.

DJ CHACH
07-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Well Done Hustla...just Another Rip I Can Use For All The Nets Fans Who Bash The Knicks...besides Gay Z Will Still Try To Put His Name Out There.. Its Probly The Only Reason He Likes Lebron..the Nets Are So Sad That They Need To Ask A Rapper To Do The Dirty Work, But My Knicks, The Two Magic Words Are "new York" And They Are Sold..i Hate The Nets Soo Much