PDA

View Full Version : Brand And Baron In LA?

phlp_bj
07-01-2008, 10:18 AM
The LA Clippers may find good fortune in free agency. Corey Maggette opted out of his deal yesterday, followed by Elton Brand who professed that this was not a sign of wanting out of LA, rather a chance to make his situation better. The surprise move of the day was Golden State's Baron Davis opting out of his $17.8 million deal, likely putting an interesting ballet of scenarios in motion. As of this morning, league sources are convinced Baron Davis is still Golden State's player to lose, saying that if they come with at least a 4-year $55 million deal, Baron would stay in Golden State, but the real threat of the Clippers adds serious leverage to the Davis camp. How are the Clippers a threat? If the Clippers renounce Corey Maggette, they can get under the cap by as much as $11 million, after they deal with Elton Brand. Brand is said to be open to taking a deal worth slightly less than $16.4 million he opted out of, if that move lands him a serious free agent running mate. There is already talk of a "secret" deal between Davis and the Clippers, which was laughed off by league sources this morning. If the Davis camp decides to leave Golden State and Elton Brand is serious in sharing the money, both could ink deals in the $13 million range before sign-and-trade discussions take place. This is clever poker on the part of Baron Davis and Todd Ramasar. The odds Baron jumps from Golden State are still slim, as they can and likely will offer the most money, although in recent weeks the Warriors have been quirky, allowing their $9 million trade exception to expire and choosing not to make offers to several free agents. The Warriors could be opting for a new direction, and it seems Baron is now ready to make free agency interesting.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9307

AgentViet
07-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Baron will probably want about 18M/Year, don't see anyone else other than the Warriors being able to give it to him.

Baronistheman5
07-01-2008, 10:28 AM
nope, my team won't pay that man that much. he's too injury prone and he gave up at the end of the season and went got drunk the nite before the biggest game of our season. He isn't a smart player either. for sum reason my id name is baron is the man5 and i have no idea why. i don't like him and i think he is a lazy *** celebrity wanna be.

THE_FLASH_21
07-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Baron in Lakers uniform would be scary!!! But one thing!! THEY CAN'T AFFORD HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! ((YES!!!))

torontosports10
07-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Random since they are talking about the Clippers not the Lakers??

BALLER71
07-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Baron in Lakers uniform would be scary!!! But one thing!! THEY CAN'T AFFORD HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! ((YES!!!))

Clippers not Lakers.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 10:43 AM
nope, my team won't pay that man that much. he's too injury prone and he gave up at the end of the season and went got drunk the nite before the biggest game of our season. He isn't a smart player either. for sum reason my id name is baron is the man5 and i have no idea why. i don't like him and i think he is a lazy *** celebrity wanna be.

lol r u drunk too..ya your just hating him because you know he might not return as a warrior and that he optioned out.

adealstimson
07-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Its already in the bag baby! B Diddy is gonna be a Clipper, Im calling it now

JordansBulls
07-01-2008, 11:13 AM
I still can't believe teams are playing these guys who have done nothing this much.

TMAC94
07-01-2008, 11:22 AM
I still can't believe teams are playing these guys who have done nothing this much.

so true, what if there never the same again?

marvILLous
07-01-2008, 12:07 PM

lmaooo

kylem4711
07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
please come to the clips. please

JordansBulls
07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
please come to the clips. please

The Clippers deserve to have a good team. I am proposing that Brand and Maggette resign and they get BDavis as well.

NYMetros
07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
The Clippers deserve to have a good team. I am proposing that Brand and Maggette resign and they get BDavis as well.

They'd be able to afford all that? If they can, they will be a pretty scary team. Remember, Brand was out for almost all of last season which was a big reason why they didn't perform well at all. If Baron Davis comes, then they are a playoff team IMO.

Beno7500
07-01-2008, 02:36 PM
baron is old and likes to get injured. to me, he is worth no more than the MLE

BleedGreen1014
07-01-2008, 02:41 PM
how is baron old, hes only 29, but i'll agree that he is a little injury prone

adealstimson
07-01-2008, 02:57 PM
He is but it would be an awesome combination!

WillisLovechild
07-01-2008, 03:04 PM

injury prone yes, but he worth quite a bit more than the MLE.

BigDaddyKaine
07-01-2008, 03:13 PM

He is 29 years old

Not worth more than the MLE.... WOW :speechless: that has got to be one of the stupidest things i have ever heard.... WOW he is one of the top 5 PG in the game

Cracka2HI!
07-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Skip Bayless just said GS isn't interested and the Rob Stewart said it was just a dumb move for to opt out. Skip said he think the Clippers sign Davis for 5 years $12 million per year. I think thats low for him, but maybe this is possible!

BigDaddyKaine
07-01-2008, 03:17 PM
And even with Brand and Baron on the clippers (I believe he will be a clipper) i still dont see them making it out of the first round of the playoffs... but at least they have a chance at making the playoffs with Baron

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 03:56 PM
This is what their line-up would look like:

C-Kaman
PF-Brand
SF-Thornton
SG-Mobley
PG-Baron