PDA

View Full Version : Warriors offer Arenas "Max Offer"...

Joe505
07-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Gilbert Arenas | Wizards
Both the Washington Wizards and Golden State Warriors have offered Gilbert Arenas max deals, according to a source close to the three-time All-Star point guard.
The Wizards early Tuesday morning offered Arenas a six-year $127 million deal, according to the source, and the Warriors offered Arenas five years for $101 million. The Wizards, because Arenas was under contract with them, are permitted to offer six years while other teams can offer only five. -- The Washington Times

According to a source close to Arenas, the three-time all star is mulling the offers but is leaning towards staying with the Wizards and is willing to take less than the maximum if it will help Ernie Grunfeld make other moves he needs to make this summer.
Also, I heard from a very reliable source that the Sacramento Kings contacted Arenas and said they are willing to do "whatever it takes" to land his services even if they have to "trade their entire team." -- The Washington Post

Because of his $35 million deal with Adidas, Gilbert Arenas has flexibility and -- according to a close friend of the guard -- could consider signing for another team for less if it meant having a greater chance at contending for a title more quickly.
But the source added Arenas has not scheduled any visits with other teams and will not consider fielding outside inquiries until any possible scenario that includes a return to the District is ruled out. -- The Washington Times

ESPN.com-NBA Rumor Central.

Baronistheman5
07-01-2008, 10:18 AM
I hope this is true, Please come back to Golden State Agent 0

Conor
07-01-2008, 10:35 AM
I'd wholeheartedly prefer that Baron returns, but I'd rather have Gilbert than nothing. That's a huge financial burden though with all the contracts we'll have to offer to our young studs.

Thatruth32
07-01-2008, 10:43 AM
i doubt this is true... and i also hope its not... gil was nice as a warrior but i dont want him back.... not for that price

mavwar53
07-01-2008, 11:11 AM
this would be a horrible deal. the only reason the warriors have been abl to play 2 guys that are 6'3'' is cause baron is so strong and gilbert cannot match that.. if we spent a hundred mil for 5 years on anyone I'd rather it be baron because they both have injury problems.

Jimmy3702
07-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Gilbert is coming to the Bay to replace Baron. Gilbert can score 30 a night. A little worse passing but obviously Baron doesnt want to be here whereas Gilbert has been dieing to come back.

kevin98189
07-01-2008, 01:35 PM
yes it would be nice to have gilbert back but what about monta and biedrins? they want money too. will we have enough to pay them if gilbert comes back?

Tmac416
07-01-2008, 01:41 PM
if that happend then monta would be gone becuase we have one of the worst perimeter defenes in all the league

Joe505
07-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I agree with Conor, Bringing in 30 points a night is better than nothing.

Skins4Life
07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Gilbert is coming to the Bay to replace Baron. Gilbert can score 30 a night. A little worse passing but obviously Baron doesnt want to be here whereas Gilbert has been dieing to come back.

Where have you heard that from? As far as i know gil said he wanted to STAY with the wiz...

futureman
07-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Only players who have produced a championship should be making that kind of money.

GWarrior
07-01-2008, 05:28 PM
lets go and try to get Chris Paul, forget about Arenas.

lincecum=future
07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
I heard on KNBR that the Wiz outmatched our offer and are close to resigning him. I'm glad I don't want Arenas for that kind of money.

Baronistheman5
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Well I am all for paying anyone except for baron. he's an idiot for walking out of his 18 million dollar year. Thats a ton of money. Does he think anyone will give him more? Not even the Grizzlies or Sixers would give him that much. I want Brand in a Warriors uniform and I think we should have traded our Trade exception for Hinrich. Too bad Baron is a dick and left it to the last second to opt out. Had we known Baron was gone, we would have tried harder to get a pg with our T.E. I hope we get brand

mavwar53
07-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Well I am all for paying anyone except for baron. he's an idiot for walking out of his 18 million dollar year. Thats a ton of money. Does he think anyone will give him more? Not even the Grizzlies or Sixers would give him that much. I want Brand in a Warriors uniform and I think we should have traded our Trade exception for Hinrich. Too bad Baron is a dick and left it to the last second to opt out. Had we known Baron was gone, we would have tried harder to get a pg with our T.E. I hope we get brand

It's not about getting more than 17.8 mil its about getting a long term deal. He played a full season and knows his stock is not going to get any higher than it is this year so he wants to take advantage of this.

Joe505
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Baron just signed with the Clippers for nearly 13 mil. a year!!! Shows how much he "wants to be a Warrior." The Warriors need to make a BIG push for Arenas right NOW.

lincecum=future
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Baron just signed with the Clippers for nearly 13 mil. a year!!! Shows how much he "wants to be a Warrior." The Warriors need to make a BIG push for Arenas right NOW.

The last thing we need to do is pay Gilbert Arenas 20 mil a year.

griffen610
07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
i think getting brand would be amazing but the reason Baron signed for a smaller amount with the clips was because brand is going to go back and then the clips will contend. i think getting Gilbert would be awesome the Bay Area has missed him since he left and the NBA has change the rules regarding keeping second round picks so no other team gets screwed over like the warriors did can you imagine if we kept him. you gonna pay him big money but if you were choosing between baron and agent zero i think it is a no brainer gilbert wants to be great baron wants to be a celeb and show up in shape for his contract years so he can get paid

Fion
07-01-2008, 09:15 PM
agent 0 doesnt deserve the max, no offense but who knows how he will be after cming back from injury. NOt to mention, hes a balll hog. When a palyer says 'im gonna drop 50' hows that fit into the coaches plan. I wouldnt want him as my teams super star ill say that much.
i guess ur desperate for a super gaurd after baron signed with clips

tadmanny
07-01-2008, 09:19 PM
we need him badly. he is a more consistent scorer than baron. we need him or some other star pg, which trading for now is less likely as the days pass. i cant stand another rebuilding team. the giants will hopefully get their **** together but the warriors were one game out of the playoffs and now we have to go back to 1995-2005-pure embarrassment on the court. i cant stand rebuilding. ****KKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

Lincoln Logs
07-01-2008, 09:37 PM
we need him badly. he is a more consistent scorer than baron. we need him or some other star pg, which trading for now is less likely as the days pass. i cant stand another rebuilding team. the giants will hopefully get their **** together but the warriors were one game out of the playoffs and now we have to go back to 1995-2005-pure embarrassment on the court. i cant stand rebuilding. ****KKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say the Warriors will be an embarresment like they were for 12 years, just not as great a team as they could have been(with a better bench)
Their younger players are all gifted enough to ensure that, but I don't think they will make the postseason in a conference that looks even more stacked than last year. They should hover around the number 9 seed, and since anything's possible :p, and if Brandan Wright and Belinelli step up, they might have a slim, slim shot at the playoffs.

They really do need to trade for a PG, possibly Hinrich? 2 years ago he was solid, and last year I don't really count because the entire bull's squad was a mess. He has the talent, and is expendable because of Rose. Should really look into Livingston and Duhon as well.

I really don't know what they do with Harrington and especially Jackson. Jackson is a leader, has thrived with the Warriors, and I think they need to keep him. Randolph is simply not ready enough, and could really benefit with Jackson as his mentor as a 3. A core of Jackson, Monta, and Biedrins is still solid.

I wonder what must be going through Nelson's mind...

Aliengames
07-02-2008, 02:32 AM
we need him badly.
I think what we need is Monta and Wright each taking 20 shots a game and making half of them... ergo, we need an unselfish point guard who understands team-oriented offense. Our team is still pretty loaded with scorers, even without Baron.

Lincoln Logs
07-02-2008, 02:48 AM
I would be extreamly upset if the Warriors signed Arenas. 20 mil a year, for a guy who just came off a season-long injury? I'd much rather make sure we can sign Biedrins and Monta. That type of contract severly limits the Warriors options this year and in years beyond such as FA class of 2010, and I would much rather let our young core develop, which by the way is extreamly talented and gifted, and then try to make a run at one of the 2010 FAs. Who knows, maybe Monta can make it as a PG, and since Belinelli has proved himself to be an extreamly prolific scorer as an SG in Europe, should become our starting SG. Or buike if you really believe in him. Granted it might not be this year, but in 2 years we'd be right back in the same spot as this year, except without a massive 100 mil contract to worry about, and a chance to make a run at Wade/Bosh/Lebron. I think the Warriors will be entertaining enough till then as they have all the athleticsm and talent in the world, and if they can add one of those FAs, then they'd be scary.

Seriously though, what the hell is Mullin thinking by offering Arenas 5 years 100 mil, and Baron not even 5 years 65 mil. I wouldn't do either, but I'd much rather have Baron, a proven leader of this team, and IMO a better player, for the cheaper price than Arenas for frickn 20 mil a year! They both have their injury problems.

kevin98189
07-02-2008, 03:16 AM
i say that we should go for him but not where we have to pay Zito money. I say we wait sign monta and biedrins and role player and take a look at how the season pans out and look at the trade deadline as another option. We should make our big signings at nexy years free agent market where it would be deeper.

Lincoln Logs
07-02-2008, 03:19 AM
^ I'd like to have Arenas, sure, but the only way we'd be able to get him is possibly through that insane deal we offered him, in which case stay the hell awy. Wizards offered more money anyway.

WarriorNation
07-02-2008, 04:04 AM
For one, I'm upset that Baron is leaving, but I don't blame him. He said the clips are a possibility, but i want to stay in G.S. However the organization has offered him nothing fair, I heard mullin and company gave him a lowball amount, then they give a max offer to Arenas? Second, that means the warriors have the money but Baron isn't the man they want to spend on. On that note, I don't blame Baron for leaving, the warriors have done nothing to try and keep him.

Fion
07-02-2008, 04:33 AM
this sounds like a desperation offer. OH crap , baron signed with the clips we need a star PG now for the fans. lets offer max we have to get this guy.

AGent 0 is not a max contract player.
the deal baron got, or slightly better than that deal woudl be fair.