PDA

View Full Version : Other Teams

SamG187
07-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Obviously everybodies favorite team is the Pack..But every year, everybody gets high on another team to do good or bounce back, I just wanted to know what some of your other teams that you like this year.

Mine would have to be the Rams I usually do sleeper picks

The Boss
07-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Any team who is playing against the Lions, Vikings or Bears

Ryan Diesel
07-01-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm kinda pullin for the Browns.

beast
07-01-2008, 01:11 PM
I just wanted to know what some of your other teams that you like this year.

Look, I know every year, since the Panthers went to the Super Bowl, it seems like the experts have been guess them, to go far in the playoffs, and I've disagreed with the experts. But this year, I think they could do it.

There problems last year, where couldn't run in the short yards times, like 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1, and they didn't have a QB because their starter got a season ending injury early, they didn't have another WR other than Steve Smith and Drew Carter which every team just doubled team Smith every single play, and their DL and one S.

To help the running game they drafted Jonathan Stewart and Jeff Otah.

Rookie QB Matt Moore got playing time, and while he's not a good starter, after his first off-season, he could be a good back-up.

For WR they got, D.J. Hackett (who's very good when healthy, but hasn't been healthy a lot), Muhsin Muhammad (who may not be a great starter anymore, but as a 3 WR could be pretty good.), to go with Steve Smith, and maybe Dwayne Jarrett can do something as a #4.

DL lost DT Kris Jenkins but drafted Nick Hayden.

S they drafted IMO maybe the best S in the draft in Charles Godfrey.

1 13 Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
1 19 Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
3 67 Charles Godfrey CB Iowa
3 74 Dan Connor LB Penn State
5 141 Gary Barnidge TE Louisville
6 181 Nick Hayden DT Wisconsin
7 221 Hilee Taylor LB North Carolina
7 241 Geoff Schwartz OL Oregon
7 250 Mackenzy Bernadeau G Bentley

And I have not talked about there LBs, with Jon Beason, Dan Connor, and Thomas Davis.

The back-QB, the starting QBs health, and the DL are questions, but if Julius Peppers, the DL, and QB all stay healthy, and come back to where they were, this could be a team that makes a run for the Super Bowl.

Ryan Diesel
07-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Who picked up Kris Jenkins?

newdude
07-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Who picked up Kris Jenkins?

The Jets via trade with the 3rd and 5th pick.

SamG187
07-01-2008, 04:30 PM
^^^^Yea I like them too, and to the Panthers maybe a couple years ago Kris Jenkins would have been a huge loss but he hasnt played for the last two years any ways so I dont think they will miss him that much

Rtardz
07-01-2008, 06:05 PM
I live in NC so I always pull for the Panthers as the only other team I like to see do good. all though I pulled for the dolphins to get a win last year too.

uncfan44
07-01-2008, 06:35 PM
here is my obvious pick...the pats, i think they will have another great year, i am not a brady/ pat hater i love their style of play. Now for my not so obvious pick.......i say the cheifs.

I do not predict playoffs or anything but i say they bounce back, IMO by far the best draft and LJ should return in great shape. (prediction for still being terrible...Raiders)

beast
07-01-2008, 09:17 PM
I forgot somebody on the Panthers, they have Jon Beason, Dan Connor, Thomas Davis, and FA Landon Johnson. That's a very good LB group.

If the Panthers can stay healthy and their DL could bounce back to from this bad last season, I think their going to be pretty good.

all though I pulled for the dolphins to get a win last year too.
here is my obvious pick...the pats, i think they will have another great year, i am not a brady/ pat hater i love their style of play.

I just want to say, I don't want anyone to go winless, and lossless. Not even the Packers. I want the Packers to go 15-1 and win the Super Bowl.

prediction for still being terrible...Raiders

Ok, I think that was a very obvious pick

socalpkrbkr
07-01-2008, 10:40 PM
It's the Packers or no one for me. Go Pack Go!!!!

hughest4
07-02-2008, 06:16 AM
If i had to say anyone i would probably have to pick the Jets. They play in Jersey and my roommate likes them so i always end up having to see them. They make the playoffs every other year basically so i think that might happen again, especially after picking up some talent this off season. I wouldn't say they are another team i like, just another team i always have to watch and don't hate

SamG187
07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
It's the Packers or no one for me. Go Pack Go!!!!

Your not less of a Packers fan if you think somebody is going to do have a good team this year..Im a HUGE Packers fan but I love football so I enjoy watching other teams too..And Hughest I like the Jets too, for fantasy football wise I like Thomas Jones to do ALOT more this year with the addition of Faneca. I had him for fantasy last year and he had what 1 or 2 TDS:(

RcrkllrH2
07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
watch out for the saints....granted they had a bad season last season, but theyre also practically the same team that went to the championship a couple years ago

SDteacher
07-02-2008, 11:30 AM
I am starting to like the Browns. I loved watching them play last year. I really hope Anderson works out for them.

hughest4
07-02-2008, 03:10 PM
watch out for the saints....granted they had a bad season last season, but theyre also practically the same team that went to the championship a couple years ago

I don't think the Saints are much of a threat to do anything this year. They had a great year 2 seasons back but that i don't think they are that good. The offense is pretty good but the defense is aging and not all that great. I think they will be a 8-8 team.

Browns are going to be explosive offensively