PDA

View Full Version : Calderon signs new 5 year deal

Denverb2b
07-01-2008, 09:31 AM
http://www.josemanuelcalderon.com/indexEN.html

- In other news former net Hassan Adams apperently will also sign with the raptors.

WaterBoy24
07-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Looks like a done deal...

www.josemanuelcalderon.com

Early this morning, through my agents, I reached a preliminary agreement with the Toronto Raptors. I want to thank Bryan Colangelo, Maurizio Gherardini, Sam Mitchell and all of the Raptors family for the confidence that they have placed in me. I am sure that together we are going to achieve big things in the future.

José Manuel Calderón

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!:clap:

pebloemer
07-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Fantastic news!!! I wonder how many years and at what price, but nice to see this done quickly. Any updates on how much?

Tom Stone
07-01-2008, 09:43 AM
I know about jose......but Hasen adams is interesting...I liked him when he came out his rookie year...great dunker i wonder how his all around game is coming.

WaterBoy24
07-01-2008, 09:44 AM
If somehow u could delete my post or someone else,it's cool...
It's all good...

CB4real
07-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Hassan Adams looks like a great dunker, imagine the combo of Moon and Adams in the second unit with the bruisers Jawai, Graham and Humphries.. that's gonna be a fun team to watch... considering Colangelo is looking at an 11 man team, this is a real possibility

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/154363/hassan_adams/

khanraymond
07-01-2008, 10:03 AM
?Early this morning, through my agents, I reached a preliminary agreement with the Toronto Raptors,” Calderon said in a message posted on his website Tuesday.

"I want to thank (president and general manager) Bryan Colangelo, (assistant GM) Maurizio Gherardini, (coach) Sam Mitchell and all of the Raptors family for the confidence that they have placed in me. I am sure that together we are going to achieve big things in the future.”
http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Deal is reported between 6 to 8 million for 4 to 5 years.

That leaves about 5 million for Roko, Jawii, 3rd PG and another swing man.

star
07-01-2008, 10:12 AM
actually ... we are likely going to trade parker, graham ... and delfinos contract maybe

AgentViet
07-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Wow, 6-8Mill is a great deal for someone as talents as him. I can see him putting up 15/10 next year as a full time PG. Well deserved contract for him.

hades
07-01-2008, 10:32 AM
hmm.. seen the video. the dunks arent that impressive. i hope he has other qualities than dunkin.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 10:55 AM
woot...cant wait to see Calderon's deal ..and Adams..very interesting..hes not that great..hes like joey graham..not physically looking but he hustles 10X as much as Graham does..so i can't wait to see

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
if that is the deal..raptors get a steal..i thought he would recieve many offers pushing the raptors to around 10m per season..but great news :D

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 10:57 AM
actually ... we are likely going to trade parker, graham ... and delfinos contract maybe

thats what i said earlier.. i just had a gut feeling when o'neal was traded for..those are the only assets we had to get good players because Bargnani is not going anywhere.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 11:06 AM
theres already 3 threads with the same topic..and information

Dragan
07-01-2008, 11:30 AM
great news. now can one mod plz merge all of the caldreron resigns threads.

Bricklayer
07-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Trading Parker would be a mistake, he's clutch in the 4th quarter, defends well, excellent shooter, and a great teammate. J.O and Bosh are going to draw alot of attention, but you need guys who can knock down the shot once the big's are doubled. Parker is one of the guys who can really benefit from the J.O deal, and it is no coincidence that this team improved significantly when A.P was signed.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 11:33 AM
ya but if hes that good im sure if other teams want him we will get a good offer, hes a good trade chip as well a 4m expiring contract at the end of the season, good defender, shooter, teammate and lockeroom guy..thats a pretty good resume if you ask me

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
wheres bob when you need him -.-

star
07-01-2008, 11:42 AM
AP is a good player.

But he along with moon are our only real assets that are expendible.

AP is not going to resign next year ... so lets get some value for him now

jrice9
07-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Pretty fair deal because its about what ford's salary is and probabally less. He is worth that money the ideall contract for the Raps is one that declines over the years.

Ex: Year 1 10 million
Year 2: 8 million
Year 3 6 million
Year 4 5 million
Year 5 4 million
Maybe slightley more per year but this pays him about 6.5 a year and gives us more cap flexability in years to come. Also are front loaded contracts allowed in the NBA?

Macedonian
07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
now can one mod plz merge all of the caldreron resigns threads.
Great idea!

LittleBosh
07-01-2008, 12:33 PM
So that means, given the tax concerns and the current payroll that all those questions about Mickeal Pietrus, Bostjan Nachbar, Ron Artest, Chris Duhon, Corey Maggette are answered easily:

No. No. No. Not going to happen. Isn’t possible. Put it out of your mind.

Doug Smith's Blog (http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/)

Which basically means that, barring an unlikely blockbuster deal, Kapono, Moon and Adams are the men at the vital SF position who will inevitably elevate the Raps to the new heights next season. :cheer:

babyshaq87
07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
i wouldn't trade AP.. if he will not resign we'll have more cap space.. i think we need a good sg-sf who can fit well in the rotation with kapono, moon and AP.. he must be a solid player who can attack the ring when the outside shoots from AP and Kapono don't go in.. ukic has no NBA experience nut he led an important team like roma and i want u to remember he played 3 finals (2 in spain as a backup and 1 in italy as a starter)he can play under pressure..

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 01:34 PM
ya but the NBA has some of the best players in the world, maybe in Europe he would go agaisnt some really good players and some average players, in the NBA hes going to be playing agaisnt the best in the world constantly

babyshaq87
07-01-2008, 01:43 PM
ramz.n your're right but we don't need him to be a star.. we need him to be a solid player (c'mon if bowen can play in the nba i don't understand why AP can not).. if the trade for JO becomes official, we have 2 stars in bosh and JO, one of the purest PG in calderon, a solid player in AP and Bargnani who is..Bargnani.. i think the JO trade will help him, kapono and AP more than anyone can even think..

khanraymond
07-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Parker isn't going anywhere.
Starting lineup for next year, love it or hate it:

PG: Calderon, FA, Ukic
SG: Parker, Kapono
SF: Moon, FA, Graham
PF: Bosh, Bragnani
C: O'Neal, Humphris, Jawii

The FA PG will be a older PG that will probably move the 3rd PG next year if Ukic develops.

The FA SF will be young and athletic. Someone who has something to prove. He will battle with Moon for the starting spot.

With Kapono's performance in the playoff's and his 3pt shooting - he's the most coveted.

babyshaq87
07-01-2008, 02:47 PM
The FA PG should be a darrick martin type of player.. maybe just a bit younger (martin was like 75?!?) but i would try to get the most is available for the sf spot because i think moon can't be our starting sf next year.. if we want something more than the first round in the playoff we can't make him ur starting sf again..

Ramon Nivar
07-01-2008, 02:48 PM
wow, anything less than 10 million is a huge steal for Jose. Nice work, proves he is a team player if it is true.

Fion
07-01-2008, 02:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3469184

same article maybe, also says we are bringing in roko ukic, and some guy called hassan adams?

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 03:00 PM
to bad Delfino wont come back..he would solve our 3rd string pg and add deph at the 3 spot for us, like he did and said during the season, he played some pg in argentina and loves handling the ball, you can sign delfino and have him play multiple positions..kill 2 birds with 1 stone :D would be nice if he came back but chances are unlikely..but is anyone considering anthony carter?

pebloemer
07-01-2008, 03:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3469184

same article maybe, also says we are bringing in roko ukic, and some guy called hassan adams?

There is a thread about Ukic and Adams - see there for information about him.

kenzo400
07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Now theres a fourth one :)

khanraymond
07-01-2008, 03:55 PM
I heard that BC has some "hidden gems" he's planning on bring to camp - another Moon type player that could go for cheap.

kind of weird that Kapono will be making in the same range as Calderon

also weird that Graham makes more than Moon.

Kapono will never be the starting SG on the Raps. I really do hope they trade him for another back SG that is coming off the books or has the ability to play PG.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 04:11 PM
that gem could be Rod Benson..very good athletic big man in the NBDL..average 14 ppg and 12 rpg last season( in D-league)

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Yay Calderon is staying. Time to prove yourself as an all-star.

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 04:39 PM
As i said in another thread, i'm glad Calderon is staying.

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know what Hassan Adam's range is? Can he shoot the 3, a good mid-range jumper or whatever?

reevanson
07-01-2008, 05:51 PM
I really dont think BC is going to trade Parker, the team needs his veteran leadership. And Colangelo was quoted saying he wanted Parker to finnish his career in TO, whatever thats worth.

T.O-Fan
07-01-2008, 06:58 PM
We really Need parker this season and beyond and i cant be happier that calderon is staying with raps

JermanJaysFan
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I am ECSTATIC to see him back- not surprised, but good to hear nonetheless. Jose's consistancy both in distributing and scoring at the point will be keys to our success going ahead.

Ragun
07-01-2008, 11:05 PM
party at my house!

Bob_at_york
07-02-2008, 11:46 AM
I never doubted that Jose would re-sign. Good to hear.

blujaysrock
07-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Jose Calderon announced that he had accepted an offer from the Raptors on his website earlier Tuesday. The deal will likely keep him in Toronto for the next five years

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080701.wsptraps1/GSStory/GlobeSportsBasketball/home&no_cj_c=1

Early this morning, through my agents, I reached a preliminary agreement with the Toronto Raptors. I want to thank Bryan Colangelo, Maurizio Gherardini, Sam Mitchell and all of the Raptors family for the confidence that they have placed in me. I am sure that together we are going to achieve big things in the future.

http://www.josemanuelcalderon.com/indexEN.html

good to hear :clap:

Tom Stone
07-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh-lay...oh-lay...oh-lay.....joooseeey!

_Sn1P3r_
07-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Oh-lay...oh-lay...oh-lay.....joooseeey!

We'll be hearing a lot of that this season.

Musical Tempo
07-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm glad we resigned him we should have showed him the love 3 years ago he has great work ethic, and would have probably even been a greater asset with more experience if we gave him a chance earlier in his NBA career then letting him ride the bench behind Mike James and so on.